HorcikDesigns

[TC19] HD-one: Update 4 - Afterlife modifications

@johnnym Thanks!  Problem with golden rims is that I simply prefer black rims on almost everything. However, they can be changed any time. ? Well, there are two reasons for not using DBG - primarily, I do no not have yet enough #3 conn3ctors in thia colour, and secondly, this way it looks cooler, IMO. 

Looks good!

This iteration takes it to the next level.

I also love the golden and black combo. At this time I must say I do not know for the tire choice anymore. Both looks great.

The lowered fuel tank looks ok now. 

Could you post detail view of the stepper mechanism? I am really interested in how you build it.

Promised...I won't copy ?

S.

@steph77 Thank you! Well, looks like I should make dark-gold coloured motorbike in near future. 

Honestly, if the front fork stood short on the first bike, slicks would really look more realistic, but as I do not like the the sprocket wheel outside the swingarm, I will still stay with knobs, although I must admit, the slicks look very good too. 

I'll make some detail photos of the transmission, but it is not very complicated. 

Thanks!

The video shows that the max angle of rotation is not -90degree +90degree. So does the rotary catch engage correctly the driving ring?

On 1/18/2021 at 8:11 PM, steph77 said:

Thanks!

The video shows that the max angle of rotation is not -90degree +90degree. So does the rotary catch engage correctly the driving ring?

Yes, I used 2GodBDGlory's transmission geometry used in his Suzuki Nuda (he built full 6speed transmission), and put it in good use in my shrunken 6 studs wide (without gears) 2 speed version. As it uses old clutch rings, in the middle is a neutral gear.. Some gears are not meshing only by 0.5mm or less, but it works. The wave selector has to be put inside in a way to not collide with the 12t gear.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMr_UypgNX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Wel, that time has come.

Here is final overview of my entry, with more images that were not suitable for the entry post.

I once wrote that the bike has realistic geometry of the steering and front fork placement. Well, here is a quick sketch over photo that shows rear swingarm geometry, simplified frame and conditions on front fork with front trail. I think that it has adequate length for the bike's look - little longer for higher stability and decreased maneuverability as the bike tends to be scrambler-like and not top speed chaser. The steering axis is in one plane with axes of the shocks - well, it is not really realistic, but if it was not, the trail would be too long.

800x450.jpg

MOst of following pictures were taken outside. Hope you like them, it was very cold and windy then... :D

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg
800x450.jpg
800x450.jpg

Here is final chassis presentation, where you can see the powerpacks and also the frame assembly. Note that the gray tubular frame adds only lateral and torsional stiffness, while longitudal stiffnes and main load bearing is achieved via the beam-built central spine. Thus it is a hybrid frame, never seen on real bike (AFAIK).

Shifting:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMiwu1pRDh/?igshid=dqjgyhtsd3lh

800x468.jpg
800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x669.jpg

And yes, the book is there just for aesthetic purpose, it was not opened during this MOC building process, altough I peeked inside it some time ago - but that is another not LEGO-related story...
800x531.jpg

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Wow, this came out splendid. Outdoor photos were well worth the cold :thumbup: I like your whole approach to the creations and presentation a lot. Plus, I can see that you know something about motorcycles, at least much more than I do :grin: 

Good luck on the competition!

Best regards,

Miha

I must build a frame like this one, once.

My builds are usually 'build like a tank', but your approch is really convicing.

And that colorsheme :wub:

S.

3 hours ago, steph77 said:

I must build a frame like this one, once.

My builds are usually 'build like a tank', but your approch is really convicing.

And that colorsheme :wub:

S.

Thanks! I am glad you like it. 

Well, I really look forward to see with what you will come. 😉

Another beautiful bike... The concept with the two different drive units is great and really convincing too. That trellis frame is insane, just gorgeous. And the stance of the bike oozes power and adrenaline, it looks so realistic!

A top notch creation! Good luck in contest!

the more i look at this model the more i love it.  sorry if this has been discussed previously,  but is there any discussion of instructions?

18 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

the more i look at this model the more i love it.  sorry if this has been discussed previously,  but is there any discussion of instructions?

Thank you!

Well, one day there might be instructions available, but I can not say nor promise when. But I would like to make them.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

On 2/27/2021 at 9:05 PM, nerdsforprez said:

:thumbup: I know for one i would build it...

Thanks, well, I'll try to finish them before the summer. 

This MOC lives also after the end of the TC19 contest. Unfortunatelly not exactly in a way LEGO purist would approve. Blame the 3D printer and my desire to design my own custom parts.

This is first stage of the transformation into custom hybrid monster - new gearbox shifting rod and 20t bevel gear. And with handload of stickers. The brakedisc is the old printed one, but photoshopped how it would look with golden center - nice, I have to make more brakedisc like this in future for future similar projects.
800x450.jpg
800x450.jpg
Do you recognize the sticker on the fuel tank cap (2x2 black round plate)? It is from official set, but it is not a sticker you would put on the set, it was left on the stickersheet. 

Spoiler

42110's headlights are the answer.

And now the part storm begins. If you do not like custom or 3D printed parts, please stop folowing this thread right here. 

I designed and printed custom front wheel with inverted brakedisc, 

Beside that I plan to make custom thicker and longer front shock absorbers with half-metal telescopic part (like pneumatic or linear actuators) and more custom front fork accesories.
Maybe there will be also lighter rear swingarm and wider rear rim. Also playing with idea of custom printed engine-gearbox block, but then it would not be suitable for this forum

800x557.jpg
800x450.jpg

Spoiler

The rim is made from 4 parts - outer rims (blue, green, identical), spokes (orange) and center (pink). the assembly is held together with small screws and superglue. The brakedisc is separate part and is fastened with 6 screws. 
800x616.jpg640x664.jpg

More photos: https://bricksafe.com/pages/horcikdesigns/tc19-hd-one/afterlife-mods-3d-printing

I love when a project lingers on due to continued updates and improvements. Thanks for sharing: it still looks great. 

It is harder than I was thinking... 

Desired result (state before assembling with the rest of the custom and lego parts): 
800x601.jpg

Reality - after fastening all screws and first load test (at least 5 golden tubes were torn apart). The load is not correctly distributed, the tube is too thin,  etc. There is still a long way to go.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Update time

This time, the front shock is improved to better flush with the rest of the bike. 

I also modified the inner frame in order to move the fuel tank one stud lower. 

I am still considering building new fake engine module. 

I know, it is no more pure LEGO, so I would like to ask, whether you still want to see updates on this project here? 

Edited by HorcikDesigns