HorcikDesigns

[TC19] HD-one: Update 4 - Afterlife modifications

Excellent!!! Looks great! Although I am with @Thirdwigg on the tires. At least the front should be slick, that mx one looks a bit fat for the front.

Any chance to reduce shadows on the photos of the new engine? I don't know which editing software you use, but shadows/higlights adjustment tool in photoshop works magic ;-) Just for the sake of study/"spionage" of the whole assembly :innocent2:

Best regards!

2 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Although I am with @Thirdwigg on the tires. At least the front should be slick, that mx one looks a bit fat for the front.

I gotta say I like the off-road ones, with the aggressive look. Is this the only entry to TC19 with them?

EDIT: I just remembered the Mondial bike with those tires.

Edited by 2GodBDGlory

@MajklSpajklBetter photos will definitely arrive, these  were taken just by phone originally for IG only purposes. However, why should I make anything easier for the spies? :tongue: well, I'll try to change the tires, and we'll see what happens. 

@2GodBDGlory Thanks, I like it's look too. Maybe the e-version will get set of slicks.

Honestly, I do not remember any other entry with these tires, but I am sure an hope there are more, yet not shared. Sorry if I forgot someone. 

2 hours ago, Surffikoira said:

The tubular frame really makes it, excellent details all around. Maybe a studless dish for the headlight?

Thanks! Which dish do you have on mind? I do not remember any part like this... 

Update time!

Well, I did better photos of current assembly, with few added details and some minor changes. More to come, hope to find a way to add a working leg activated rear brake or at least simplify the drivetrain swap process. Also hope to add some fake wires or cables to simulate bowdens or tubes.
All photos and some more on my Bricksafe: https://bricksafe.com/pages/horcikdesigns/tc19-hd-one

Note to myself: Change the front brake discs for original LEGO before final entry shooting (and change them back for these 3D printed ones with that lovely colour right after)

800x518.jpg
800x511.jpg

800x487.jpg

Detail of the engine:
F-ICE = fake internal combustion engine

Technically, it would be possible to add there a separately operated clutch (hopefully from the handlebars), or 3rd gear (hope the BL order arrives in time).
800x465.jpg

800x536.jpg

And one more with lightened front fork:
800x655.jpg

And finally: my favourite detail - handlebars. I do not know whether I saw this solution somewhere before (then sorry for not crediting anyone), but I totally love that they are adjustable and almost click-on like real ones.
800x538.jpg

And here is the E-drive on test rig:
Battery not assembled yet, waiting for a bunch of 1x1 round bricks. Both he real and fake frame are nicely visible on next photo, and also alternative swingarm that allows wider rear tire. I know, the chain is too loose.
I kinda like the front of the prototype rig bike.
800x450.jpg
800x488.jpg

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Wow! That's looking spectacular!   Not a huge fan of the knobbly tyres, (much prefer the slicks), but everything else is a work of art! :thumbup:

I am really digging that E bike so far. It must be the slicks. 

I am not sure I like the sand green on the ICE. Gonna keep it? The bike needs some color with the orange, but I’m not sure about that one. 

The first bike has such a cool vibe, the frame with the axle connectors are my favorite on this one.

The E-bike looks a little bland to me, but maybe because of the lack of the piston engine.

@Thirdwigg Well, next time I'll try to change the tires to see whether you changed my mind (and my love for custom nonesensual scramblers) :D
The sand green is a colour I would like to keep, because there probably will not be many MOCs in this contest using it, and I really like how it goes with the orange and gold colour. 

@Jurss Thanks for pointing this out. I also wondered, whether it does not blend with the engine, but I really like the colour combo (black-orange-white-sandgreen-red decals). I might try LBG variant of the frame to see whether it still looks cool. (Honestly, originally I wanted it to be red, but then I counted type #3 connectors I used on the frame and decieded to stay with black. Using blue is another option, but that does not go well with current colourscheme... I'll try some more colour variants in the near future. 

@Jundis Thanks! I like the frame too. The e-bike is just a WIP and test rig so far, so I do not have to build the e-drive inside the moc itself.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Obviously, a stunning built! 

+1 with those who think that the tubular frame would be much identified by moving to another color. No clear idea of wich on to choose. Maybe the LBG or DBG.

But it had to be consistent and the choosen color would idealy fit to each structural part, to identify it. JMHO.

I also find that the fuel tank seems to pou up a bit , could be better if lowered by one or even 1+1/2 studs, what do you think about that?

S.

I think i agree with @steph77 with regards to the height of the fuel tank.  It seems a bit too big/too high if it were to be taken off road like the knobbly scrambler tyres would suggest.  I think it more suits a racing type of bike. That aside it's still a stunning build! :thumbup:

I love the proportions and the shape as it is. With the tires and beefy fuel tank. I can picture Tom Cruise on it in a M:I movie.

I am really enjoying seeing all the possible submissions thus far.  This build is looking terrific.  I never thought there would be so many possibilities for Technic motorcycles.  I have no problem with the nobby tires nor the colors.  Others seem to. To each his/her own I guess.  I suppose I would retain whatever you like the most and let the chips fall where they may......

@steph77  - I know. I can build blue, black, LBG and DG (with few DBG and black parts)  versions, theoretically red, or white (but I do not want to buy 16 extra #3 connectors just for one MOC...). I will show them later (hope to make photos during weekend) with a few more fuel tank colour variants.
But personally, altough I know it blends into the engine assembly, I like and probably will stay with the black version.It fits my vision the best. Let's wait for the photos. 

@Dazzzy and @steph77 - thank you for confirming the fuel tank height issue, I decieded to lower it slightly by one stud, and the bike looks much better now.

@Jurss and @steph77 - Be sure I will keep the offroad tires, the personality of the MOC is one of main priorities for me. I added one stud on the front fork, so the exhausts are not so low now, and it looks a bit less like sportbike. (I also moved steerig axis one stud forward, so the bike has bigger (and more realistic) trail on front wheel.

@Lipko Heh, thanks. 

@nerdsforprez Yes, I am also amazed by the variety of entries, the voting will be really difficult. Be sure I will build just that what I like. ;)

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Can't wait to see it, @HorcikDesigns.  And please ignore my comment about the knobbly scrambler tyres. I'm not a huge fan of them on this particular application, but it's hardly a deal breaker, as the bike still looks fantastic with them! :thumbup:

Well, another update time.
BL order arrived, black rear sprocket wheel is installed, front fork lenghtened, fuel tank lowered, cables installed, e-drive package almost finished, slick tires on contest model tested. I also changed the frame's colour, added fake rear brake pedal (hope to change it to working one), modified geometry of gear shifting pedal, modified the speedometer gauge and did some other tweaks here and there.
The blue bike is just an idea test rig and not contest entry. After the contest it will probably be heavily modified to more sci-fi look, and the golden rims will be changed back to black.

I also changed the front fork geometry, so now the bike has slightly longer (and more realistic) trail, removed the fake exhaust from under the seat - I was unable to move get the tubes through the body to desired location and connect it with the rest of the tubing, so it ends under the engine now. Loud and dirty solution, I know.

The frame DG frame really stands out. Thank you for suggesting me to change from the full black. I also tried LBG, but it was too bright. The lowered fuel tank (by one stud) also makes huge difference.
800x450.jpg

On following photo si nicely visible the leverage of the upgraded shifting mechanism, so the pedal is closer (almost too much...) to footrests. 
800x450.jpg
800x450.jpg

Here you can see the bike without drive package module. It feels so empty and light... The following photo shows both power options compared side by side. 
800x519.jpg
800x480.jpg

Both powerpacks have common mounting points to the frame, so they are easily interchangible, according to customer's needs. The only drawback is that the ICE needs solid gears to connect secondary chain (engine to rear wheel), while the e-motor is connected with the chain driveshaft by belt.
800x474.jpg

And now, it is time for contest entry WIP MOC, first time with e-drive.
800x450.jpg
800x450.jpg
800x450.jpg

Here are both bikes (contest entry and test rig) compared side by side. Please notice, that all custom parts (slightly darker and metallic brake discs and custom rear 40t sprocket) are only on test rig, and contest entry still in WIP phase is built entirely from pure LEGO and final documentation will not show anything but the contest entry.

800x475.jpg 
800x472.jpg

And, now is time for promised slicks with modified swingarm and previously mentioned custom parts. Sorry, but I prefer the knobbly tires. (however, in case there might be instructions, both variants of the swingarm will be available)
800x450.jpg
800x666.jpg
800x568.jpg

SO, next time I hope to make final photos and submit the contest entry... The 'Febrovery' is comming faster then I expected.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

23 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Well, another update time.
BL order arrived, black rear sprocket wheel is installed, front fork lenghtened, fuel tank lowered, cables installed, e-drive package almost finished, slick tires on contest model tested, and I say no to them.

Yeah, I also find the motocross tyres better fitting on the contest model.

Sorry. ;) I also changed the frame's colour, added fake rear brake pedal, modified geometry of gear shifting pedal, modified the speedometer gauge and some other tweaks here and there. The blue bike is just an idea test rig and not contest entry. After the contest it will probably be heavily modified to more sci-fi look, and the golden rims will be changed back to black.

I'd keep the golden rims, I think they're looking really cool on the test rig.

The frame DG frame really stands out. Thank you for suggesting me to change from the full black. I also tried LBG, but it was too bright.

Why not DBG?

All in all totally awesome! :thumbup: I wish I could do something like that already, but I'm afraid, that will take a while... :sceptic: