Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

I think it would be better to make Hogsmeade more expensive and more accurate. And Do Gringrots for like... 80 euro's. But I kinda understand that they want to chip in on the christmas villages Lego fans and hoping to sell more sets to them.

Gringotts for 80 euro? WWW is more expensive than that and that's smaller than Gringotts.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Gringotts for 80 euro? WWW is more expensive than that and that's smaller than Gringotts.

That's true. But I was looking it from the price perspective. All the Buildings in Diagon Alley are like a 100 each. I don't really care for play features and a dragon, I can see making a 80 euro Gringrots that would perfectly fit with the rest of the set.

17 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

That's true. But I was looking it from the price perspective. All the Buildings in Diagon Alley are like a 100 each. I don't really care for play features and a dragon, I can see making a 80 euro Gringrots that would perfectly fit with the rest of the set.

But Gringotts is larger than any of the other buildings we have. If they make one for 80 euro with no sidebuilds whatsoever it still wouldn't scale well next to the D2C.

Considering that Diagon Alley costs 400€ and consists of 4 sections (each made of 2 buildings, at least most of them) - that means that a proper Gringotts should be at least 100€, and if they decide to include underground section and dragon, it easily bumps up to 150€ at least.

I think TLG is creative enough to make it work. Looking at the wonderful Clock Tower which was 10 euro's more expensive... but it looks really good.

I was looking at older sets, and I was thinking: we got so many wonderful stuff and remakes. But there are still a few things missing.

Battle of Hogwarts, Shrieking Shack, Umbridge Office, Library, Fireplace with Sirius. Mirror of Erised, Gringrots, Slytherin Common Room, Knockturn Alley, The Three Challenges from the first movie (don't know how these will be in the new set), Durmstrang Ship, Second Challenge: Mermaid People, some sort of prison for Sirius where he escapes in the end of book three.

Characters we are missing: Troll, Narcissa Malfoy, Igor Karkaroff, Werewolf Lupin, Shark Krum. I'm super hyped that we have almost all characters from the old sets. Just wish the characters from Diagon Alley and The Burrows are more detailled. 

Things I would like to see: Diagon Alley entrance, Ministry of Magic(end battle from book 5 or book 7), Tent from book 7, Luna's home, Godrics Hollow, Third Task: The Maze and Grimboutplace 12.

Any thoughts or things I forgot?

I thought it was pretty obvious we’re not getting Gringotts anytime soon, neither as a 80€, a 120€, nor a 250€ set; so not sure what the point is here :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, ???theriddler??? said:

The only set i'm not a fan of is Hogsmeade. It doesnt remind me of what I remember in the books/films. It's just two buildings. Was expecting more. I hope for a Shrieking Shack in august. 

You are really going against the mainstream here dont you :laugh: Tbh Hogsmeade is the most movie accurate set out of these... Agree with you about Shrieking Shack, that one is my dream set and I would be sad I Lego didnt decide to make it.

37 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I thought it was pretty obvious we’re not getting Gringotts anytime soon, neither as a 80€, a 120€, nor a 250€ set; so not sure what the point is here :tongue:

Yeah sadly we are not getting it this year :/

Edited by Textorix

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

We all know what TRUE Harry Potter fans want is a Creator Expert Ford Anglia. $250 is enough to include a buildable Howler with sound brick: press once for "Ronald Weasley", press again for "how dare you steal that car".

I did not know I needed this. :laugh: I want that sound brick.

I feel like we knew Diagon Alley was coming ages before September last year, like literally months, so maybe we will find out the name/theme of this year's D2C in the not too distant future.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think the Riddler was saying they'd prefer  future Gringotts in that price range  and have a more expensive Hogsmeade set with more of the village.

I have a mostly finished studio Moc of Gringotts in the £90-100 set price range style that I think looks good, I'll finish it when I get a new laptop one day. The downside in that price range is no dragon, but the build can certainly be done in scale with DA. 

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

I feel like we knew Diagon Alley was coming ages before September last year, like literally months, so maybe we will find out the name/theme of this year's D2C in the not too distant future.

Remember that a lot of it was conjecture, fueled by the would-be leaker that doesn’t  deserve to be named :tongue: Falconfan didn’t confirm it until much later

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Remember that a lot of it was conjecture, fueled by the would-be leaker that doesn’t  deserve to be named :tongue: Falconfan didn’t confirm it until much later

Well here's hoping we get another would-be-leaker who hits the nail on the head with his suggestion. :snicker:

7 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I think the Riddler was saying they'd prefer  future Gringotts in that price range  and have a more expensive Hogsmeade set with more of the village.

Sure, but this is the 2021 thread, discussing 2022 sets (or beyond) is on the verge of being off-topic :tongue:

To be honest I dont know why people think Gringotts has to be a 150 set. I think its perfectly possible to have a 80-100 set like the clock tower or astronomy tower. If the average price for DA builds was 100 doesnt mean that lego cant make a bigger build for 100. I mean this is not math they can price them how they want. I would prefer a 100 Gringotts and then have something more connected with the castle for 250 maybe a battleground with bell towers and other parts to fit with the expansion. 

My ideal 250 set would have been CoS or the tasks from the first movie but they already did them

Imagine if they did a huge Azkaban with lots of cells, dementors and prisoners with double sided heads where one of them would represent them being sucked alive by the dementors. Maybe have an explosive function representing the escape

Just now, girlie-site-boots said:

I think Gringots could be the 120 set. 

Yeah 120 is not too bad. 

My enthusiasm for a Gringotts set has kind of been killed, don‘t really care either way any more :tongue: Same goes for the whole wave, to be honest. Of course I still want to know what the sets actually are, but it‘s not the same any more. I feel the magic is just... gone :sadnew:

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I did not know I needed this. :laugh: I want that sound brick.

If sound brick's were a thing. We could finally have the ultimate crown in the Lego Harry Potter Series - "Hogwarts Moments - The Leviosa Scene" 

Image result for it's leviosa not leviosa

14 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I always thought 250 seemed a bit high for Gringotts. I think 150-180 would be spot on.

I think they can manage it with 100-120 as well. Maybe even 80 if they dont put much detail. 250 for just one building is crazy

In a normal world 250 would be DA, but they are getting out of control with the prices. 400. Really? For a lego set

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Same goes for the whole wave, to be honest. Of course I still want to know what the sets actually are, but it‘s not the same any more. I feel the magic is just... gone :sadnew:

Same here,I'll even go ahead and say that my interest for the theme in general has subsided.I fear for its future quality and general contents. 

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Aww... :pir-cry_sad:

Maybe it‘s my own fault. I‘ve put this theme on a pedestal and there was no way it could live up to that forever :shrug_oh_well: Makes me appreciate the last three years even more, but too bad they didn‘t „complete“ the theme before shifting gears

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe it‘s my own fault. I‘ve put this theme on a pedestal and there was no way it could live up to that forever :shrug_oh_well: Makes me appreciate the last three years even more, but too bad they didn‘t „complete“ the theme before shifting gears

I mean, they hit us with DA and then do this to us ... it's not surprising that we feel like we've been whacked by a Bludger. :cry_sad: