Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I know, which is why I asked for a metaphor :wink: In the sense of „when the June wave is a grape, then the August one is a raisin“ or something like that :laugh: No new info, but it would help (lots of people like grapes, but almost everyone hates raisins, except for those who love them wholeheartedly for some inexplicable reason)

I like raisins to be fair, maybe this August wave won't be so bad after all!

9 minutes ago, Juve said:

Do you guys think that if I change the green roofs to grey It will work.

And do you think that I can use CoS under the old Great Hall and then just use the new one for parts

I display the green roofs (of a modified 4842 Hogwarts) and grey roofs together and it works surprisingly well.  This main difference between these sets and the 2018-2020 ones is that they are simpler with much more panels, gaps in the walls, less film accurate and the pearl gold will clash in my opinion.

On a slightly related note I'm getting very confused by the top window in the tower, at first I thought this was 6 studs wide but now it looks to be four studs wide and 2 studs away from the wall with big black gaps at the side.  Hopefully means that this feature is very much unfinished as there's not much point in a window that is separate from the wall!

Edited by Yope

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

I like raisins to be fair, maybe this August wave won't be so bad after all!

I display the green roofs (of a modified 4842 Hogwarts) and grey roofs together and it works surprisingly well.  This main difference between these sets and the 2018-2020 ones is that they are simpler with much more panels, gaps in the walls, less film accurate and the pearl gold will clash in my opinion.

On a slightly related note I'm getting very confused by the top window in the tower, at first I thought this was 6 studs wide but now it looks to be four studs wide and 2 studs away from the wall with big black gaps at the side.  Hopefully means that this feature is very much unfinished as there's not much point in a window that is separate from the wall!

Do you think the walls are not tan?

8 minutes ago, Yope said:

Do you mean the third floor of the tower in 76389? That window uses a reddish brown recolour of a curved new for 2021 window frame 6329420.jpgIt first appeared in this years Friends line. There is no black gap it is the curvature and lattice of the window frame 41449-1.jpg?202011200709

Edited by Metanoios91

Just now, Juve said:

Do you think the walls are not tan?

What walls sorry?  If it was the pearl gold I mentioned then that was referring to the pieces at the top of the tower and the balcony in the Fluffy set.

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

Do you mean the third floor of the tower in 76389? That window uses a reddish brown recolour of a curved new for 2021 window frame 6329420.jpgIt first appeared in this years Friends line

Ah ok, thanks @Metanoios91.  I wasn't aware of that piece.  I think the images I've found might be lower resolution that some others as it is still hard to make that detail out and I couldn't tell what Dumbledore's hairpiece was.

With apologies, if anyone has less blurry images could I please add my name to those requesting DMs!  Thanks in advance. 

5 minutes ago, Yope said:

What walls sorry?  If it was the pearl gold I mentioned then that was referring to the pieces at the top of the tower and the balcony in the Fluffy set.

Ah ok, thanks @Metanoios91.  I wasn't aware of that piece.  I think the images I've found might be lower resolution that some others as it is still hard to make that detail out and I couldn't tell what Dumbledore's hairpiece was.

With apologies, if anyone has less blurry images could I please add my name to those requesting DMs!  Thanks in advance. 

yeah sorry i was thinking about that. I guess i would need to modify them a bit to fit with the current hogwarts

Just saw the set leaks, and for an anniversary wave I feel they do there job of evoking that nostalgic feel of the original Harry potters sets from 01-11

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the colour of Honeydukes. Am I missing something? Why is it brown? I could have sworn it was green and pink in the film. Or will the colours be different in the final version?

4 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the colour of Honeydukes. Am I missing something? Why is it brown? I could have sworn it was green and pink in the film. Or will the colours be different in the final version?

I think the one from universal is the basis, both have a majorly brown with green accents for the exterior

2 hours ago, Metanoios91 said:

The figs would look silly with yellow heads and the rest being pearl gold.

Agreed, I'd personally prefer normal minifigures with yellow heads (like with Star Wars, though with the current prints) rather than pearl gold - which I don't really like as a colour anyway. I'll likely get half of them anyway because I want the sets they're in, but golden minifigures will never be a selling point for me personally 

46 minutes ago, Yope said:

I think @Guyon2002 and @Falconfan1414 have told us everything they can. 

Pretty much this. I'm doing my best but I've already said everything I'm allowed to say.

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

In the sense of „when the June wave is a grape, then the August one is a raisin“ or something like that :laugh: 

Would be nice if that analogy fitted, I like raisins :tongue:

Hi all :classic:

I'm following HP threads since 2018 and never felt the need to express my toughs but I couldn't help myself after reading your reactions to yesterday's leaks :grin: After we got first description of what is coming in June this is exactly what I was hoping for! I understand people who are not thrilled about how the set looks but man... I'm all in! They have this magical late 90's "cut" which I miss so much in today's sets :wub: Sure two smaller Hogwarts expansions look little poor but I can bet all three sets combined will make an exceptional display and I see there will be a lot of possible ways to connect them to fully please the owner. It would be a cherry on top if we get GWP with Troll for June (one can dream :tongue:). Hogsmeade is of course beautiful nothing to add here.

And BIG thank you to all of you for keeping the thread alive, I enjoy it greatly :sweet:

4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

[...] but golden minifigures will never be a selling point for me personally 

I hope they‘re at least somewhat consistent. The Ninjago ones all have regular yellow heads except for Wu, who has a pearl gold one :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Would be nice if that analogy fitted, I like raisins :tongue:

You monster *oh2* I thought raisins were poisonous to budgies too :tongue:

Some general thoughts about upcoming HP sets:

• Hogwarts sets feel like they've been taken from before 2018, and not in a good way. Sure, they are nostalgic, but they don't look too good.

• I hope that this Hogwarts style is just for this year - the style from last 3 years is far superior in almost every way.

• People love Hogsmeade so much because it fits perfectly with sets from last 3 years - unlike Hogwarts expansions (also, it's a fantastic set in itself).

• @Guyon2002 was finally able to make me worried about August wave. Except for Hogsmeade, I actually dislike this wave as a whole - now if he thinks the June wave is okay, but the August wave sucks, then what will I think about it? Worst HP wave I suppose.

• If August sets aren't any good I'll just end up getting Hogsmeade.

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not to my knowledge, although I've never given them one :shrug_oh_well:

This is a first for me but I'm really curious to see how bad is the august wave.Considering how poor the june wave is(in my opinion) I'm sure I won't like it. 

Edited by LOTR34

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I hope they‘re at least somewhat consistent. The Ninjago ones all have regular yellow heads except for Wu, who has a pearl gold one :wacko:

You just made me finally realise what the D2C is going to be! A 5:1 scale Bungy the waterskiing Budgie :head_back:

Edited by Roonil Wazlib

14 minutes ago, jwhitney said:

Can someone send me or lead me in the direction to check these sets out? id love to see

Try #legoleaks on Instagram (sort by recent).

I don't think it's been mentioned but there was talk last year about the Leaky Cauldron being unlikely to be made as it's a pub.  The new Hogsmeade set surely shows that a Leaky Cauldron set could be in the pipeline along with Gringotts, the two would neatly bookend the Diagon Ally set from last year.

Though perhaps now is not the time for wishful thinking...

1 hour ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

The wall colour of Honeydukes in the set is not brown, it is nougat (accent colours for windows/doors are dark green and sand green). The pics are oversaturated and dark, so the colours are off in comparison to other set images. Nougat fits as an approximation for this:

140716134729-10-harry-potter-osaka-horiz

Edited by Metanoios91

2 minutes ago, Yope said:

I don't think it's been mentioned but there was talk last year about the Leaky Cauldron being unlikely to be made as it's a pub.  The new Hogsmeade set surely shows that a Leaky Cauldron set could be in the pipeline along with Gringotts, the two would neatly bookend the Diagon Ally set from last year.

That would be absolutely perfect. I appreciate the optimism lol. Fingers crossed for 2022!

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

The wall colour of Honeydukes in the set is not brown, it is nougat (accent colours for windows/doors are dark green and sand green). The pics are oversaturated and dark, so the colours are off in comparison to other set images. Nougat fits as an approximation for this:

https://assets.travelistly.com/app/public/assets/stories/3384/main_photo/large/honeydukes1b.jpg?1514610426

I haven't been able to find the pictures again, so I can't double-check. But I don't remember seeing any green. Is the entire door green? And the windows? Is there any pink?

7 minutes ago, Yope said:

Fingers crossed for next year :grin:, i still can't believe that after 3 years and a detailed diagon alley from now on they suddenly switch to much weaker looking detailed sets.

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

The signage is pink like on the set recreation in universal studios. The door is dark green as are the windows

Great, thanks!

This could be a must-buy for me now.

1 minute ago, girlie-site-boots said:

Why have I just misread June wave for Junk Wave :pir_wacko: .

The current  free gift is the skating rink. Is it good or what's coming next? 

Ominous lol. :cry_sad:

I have never had the Skating Rink, but I believe the free gift next month will be the Amelia Earhart tribute set.