Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

With these new sets, do you think lego will continue to manufacture new places of Hogwarts for the 2018 castle?

31 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

These builds are a massive step backwards, but obviously that’s the point. These are Anniversary sets trying to appeal to nostalgia. They are designed to look like the older outdated sets and I think that’s fine, as long as it doesn’t continue into the rest of the theme. Definitely have to wait to see the final product before a real verdict on these though 

Ok, nostalgic, but the new 2018 for me were much more nostalgic than these, to see the updates of the pieces, the hair, the wands, and the selection of minifigures, that was what forced me to collect, now the lego launch a version of the 2001/2002 sets with the 2018 pieces is simply bland.
I think that if these sets had been launched in 2018, this line would not have been so successful

Edited by ZeLuiz08

Hey everyone! Reading for a long time, posting for the first time :) the rollercoaster of leaks and rumors for the upcoming sets got to my head and the fact that when we got some solid photo material it has vanished almost immediately pushed me over the edge and I finally registered to take part in the discussion and not miss a thing. If anyone has screenshots and could dm me I'd greatly appreciate it (sorry to be yet another person asking for that)!

Edit: Micmac and Chris5607 thanks for helping out!

The Hogsmeade set looks great (though apart from the snow it could use a splash of color, maybe not as vivid as DA, but it's a bit monotonous), but the Great Hall and Forbidden Corridor look like "a blast from the past" in not a good meaning... Fluffy is interesting, seems like erumpant from the FB set just with different molded heads.

Still, perhaps the very final product will be a pleasant surprise.

Edited by ilmedici

Add me to the dm request list. 

edit: done

Edited by dvt

I'm so mad i missed those leaks. Guess i'm not alone.

Can one gentleman or one fair lady send me the pictures via DM?

It would be much appreciated. :pir-blush:

11 minutes ago, Micmac said:

It seems they have finally removed the images from the catalogue leak

Sure plenty of people should have them saved by now. I know I'm still good to share them! :laugh:

It would appear the hogsmead shop is separate from the throw back sets. Also, anyone think the color is off or just the info quality with the color of the butter beer?

16 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

With these new sets, do you think lego will continue to manufacture new places of Hogwarts for the 2018 castle?

Good question. From what we‘ve heard, the August wave WON‘T be a return to form, so maybe next year? :laugh: 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Good question. From what we‘ve heard, the August wave WON‘T be a return to form, so maybe next year? :laugh: 

all right, I just hope it continues someday, it doesn't have to be this year

6 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Given that they're never going to actually line up to create a full minifigure scale Hogwarts anyways... at what point would people actually feel that their modular Hogwarts is complete? 

Or at least satisfied if they had to end?

Edited by chris6507

1 minute ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

all right, I just hope it continues someday, it doesn't have to be this year

Agreed. I have a feeling the golden years of this theme are over, but they could always improve again :shrug_oh_well:

I’m curious to see the difference in Tom Riddle too as opposed to the book version. It’s too dark near him to see the print. 

1 minute ago, dvt said:

I’m curious to see the difference in Tom Riddle too as opposed to the book version. It’s too dark near him to see the print. 

I'll be really annoyed if I bought that crappy book for no reason (Well, already annoyed regardless) and its the same darn figure.

Edited by chris6507

1 minute ago, chris6507 said:

Given that they're never going to actually line up to create a full minifigure scale Hogwarts anyways... at what point would people actually feel that their modular Hogwarts is complete? 

I think as a display you could start with Hagrids hut, then whomping willow then the castle we have and then a new bell towers with a courtyard set  and then maybe the owery to finish off that side.

5 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Also a good question. I think a lot of people at least wanted the Bell Towers to sort-of complete Hogwarts, but that‘s probably out the window now :shrug_oh_well: Something tells me the reactions to the August wave by our informants wouldn‘t have been as harsh if something like that was among the sets

2 minutes ago, dvt said:

That wouldn‘t be much use anyway, considering they rarely show new prints in preliminary images. Look at the other torso and face prints, they‘re all reused :wink:

1 minute ago, Micmac said:

I think as a display you could start with Hagrids hut, then whomping willow then the castle we have and then a new bell towers with a courtyard set  and then maybe the owery to finish off that side.

So given that we already have Hagrids Hut and Whomping Willow, the only ones you feel we are missing are Owlery and Bell Towers?

Not the only ones but I think those two would sell well and if they ended it at that those two sets would make the whole thing a cool display piece. 

Edited by Micmac

8 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Not the only ones but I think those two would sell well and if they ended it at that those two sets would make the whole thing a cool display piece. 

I agree! Personally I'm using the Bell Tower looking set from 2011 that I updated the roof colours on and raised them to math the levels of the other sets. And using Dobbies Rescue (or whatever its called) and room of requirement i've got a nice solid right hand side to my build. So i'm relatively happy personally. But I would definitely love some more official bell towers.

Stuff it... I'll link a picture so you can see what I mean.

https://ibb.co/J2x4fQQ

https://ibb.co/rMcnpQC

Sorry I know everyone doesn't have the old sets required for this. Was just sharing where I was at. 

Edited by chris6507

1 minute ago, chris6507 said:

I agree! Personally I'm using the Bell Tower looking set from 2011 that I updated the roof colours on and raised them to math the levels of the other sets. And using Dobbies Rescue (or whatever its called) and room of requirement i've got a nice solid right hand side to my build. So i'm relatively happy personally. But I would definitely love some more official bell towers.

Stuff it... I'll link a picture so you can see what I mean.

https://ibb.co/J2x4fQQ

https://ibb.co/rMcnpQC

They work well for the towers. 

I think that, if not this year, then next year seems very likely to feature more remakes.  What I think is the top three most likely sets to be remade, are:

1: Quidditch Match

2: Hogwarts Express

3: Hagrid's Hut

I can't picture LEGO not having a version of one of those available.  Quidditch Match seems like the most likely to get remade first, as I think it's actually been discontinued as of this year if I'm not mistaken.  I put Hogwarts Express as next most likely as it's not as recent of a set compared to Hagrid's Hut.  Depending on what we get this year, I suspect next year might also have a set selection that could be considered underwhelming, if it ends up being mostly remakes and Fantastic Beasts sets. 

I do hope we get another CMF series next year, but I'd really want it to feature Fantastic Beasts characters and total 22 minifigures like the first series did.  I feel like the second series suffered a bit for leaving out characters from Fantastic Beasts, especially the second movie, from which I've been waiting for more minifigures since 2018.  And if a third series gets reduced to 12 slots, the minifigures would have to be really spectacular for me not to be underwhelmed.

This whole situation reminds me of why I didn‘t miss catalogue leaks all that much :laugh: Sure it‘s nice to get some visual confirmation for some things, but people always react very negatively to them. Of course they don‘t look polished, because they aren‘t :tongue: Their purpose is to give retailers an indication of what’s on the horizon so they can plan orders accordingly. There’s a reason customers are not supposed to see them 

May someone be so kind as to also send me the pictures for this leak? As many others, I've also missed out :cry_sad: