Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Cmf6169 said:

the body of the brick-build fluffy reminds me of the Erumpent build from 75952.

Good catch.  The Erumpent build was a pretty good one, and it this modified version seems to work well for Fluffy.  I'm mostly glad that they went with molded heads.  I don't think brickbuilt heads would have worked as well.

1 hour ago, Surge said:

The only other place I could see them being in (that we know of, could be one of the august sets) is the AC, however that is pretty unlikely as that would mean all of the figs would be new and I don't believe that has ever been done 

I thought it was already confirmed that Harry at least was confirmed to be a repeat of the Diagon Alley bonus minifigure.  Ron and Hermione's calendar variants are unknown, but while they could be based on the Stone challenge scenes, I personally feel that it's more likely they go with the outfits from the Hogwarts Express scene to go with the Harry.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Going to be a bit annoyed if the sword of Gryffindor and Butterbeer Mugs are actually the ones from the CMF series, because I specifically bought additional copies of figures just for those parts! 

Oof, that must be frustrating.  I had sort of assumed when the CMF came out that they were going to use those parts for sets later on, so I held off on getting multiples, but I did seriously consider it for a while.

11 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I thought it was already confirmed that Harry at least was confirmed to be a repeat of the Diagon Alley bonus minifigure.  Ron and Hermione's calendar variants are unknown, but while they could be based on the Stone challenge scenes, I personally feel that it's more likely they go with the outfits from the Hogwarts Express scene to go with the Harry.

oops forgot about that lol, now our only hope is either august sets or this set is just using placeholders (which I doubt)

11 minutes ago, DrDrewBlood said:

If anyone is still awake I would appreciate a DM please and thank you. 

Same here please 🙏 

I will pay it forward to the next person! 

Can anyone msg me the prelim pics? Ty in advance!

forbidden corridor

I think the forbidden corridor could be modified into this unmade section of Hogwarts but its still a lot of colour substitution to get it to go with the grey roof model we have already. It will be interesting to see the interior and sticker selection that goes with it. I like the dog and feel the brick built animals can always be tweaked to fix their problems. 

The bathroom is a strange build, I'm fascinated to know what goes above it. I'm not mad on it as a set design though. 

Hogsmeade look good and seems to be a design level that's comparable to what we have become used to the last few years. I do think the snow is very simply done so hopefully it gets more detail added to it, If not I'll have to do it. 

The Great Hall/ Chamber of secrets is a dumpster fire. My poor eyes. Why! I hope this is a very early design. It's so messy looking in the caste parts. All I can think about is how cool the chamber would look if they made it to go with the current wave design not this time travelling mess. 

32 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Lemme dm you

It would be amazing if you could add me to this too please.

On behalf of all of us, sorry everyone for the massive string of newbies looking for the leaked images and filling up the feed.

I’d also like to add that I’ve been reading this thread since October last year. I absolutely love the passion and enthusiasm of everyone and a huge thank you to those ‘in the know’ for what you can tell us.

I must be the only one who thinks Fluffy's body is just a huge mess.  When I first saw the picture I thought it looked like the body of a Buffalo/Bison.  I hope they put a little more effort into smoothing it out a bit. 

Most of the pictures look like they just threw together the outer shells of the buildings to put something out there for the buyers to see. 

The Bathroom looks similar to the modular portions they created for some of the Disney Princess sets so you could place them in different configurations depending on how one wanted the build to look.  It's possible they decided to do this with some of the new castle portions so we could choose where to attach them to the overall build.  Maybe this is what some of the August wave is going to be like.

Hogsmeade looks incredible.

Oh my god, Guyon better be lying. We have such a beautiful quality of the 2018-early 2021 sets and to have it be ruined would be horrible.

the june wave looks decent for me but god damn it is a large steep from the 2018-2020 sets, Forbidden Corridor looks horrible except for Fluffy

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

Thank you to all who sent the links.

So I think there are positives and negatives to the sets. I like that there will be a heap of spare parts for me to bulk up my existing hogwarts :laugh: and I think hogsmead looks pretty awesome, but I think I’d like the basilisk to look more like the ninjago dragon in set 71755 (in the catalogo section)

9 minutes ago, Ravenclawed said:

Thank you to all who sent the links.

So I think there are positives and negatives to the sets. I like that there will be a heap of spare parts for me to bulk up my existing hogwarts :laugh: and I think hogsmead looks pretty awesome, but I think I’d like the basilisk to look more like the ninjago dragon in set 71755 (in the catalogo section)

Yeah some the Ninjago creatures look cool. 

If I had to rate the sets based only on the preliminary images, I'd rate them:

Bathroom: 7/10

Forbidden Corridor: 6/10 (Assuming the trio are in jumpers like the preliminary.  If the trio are in their casual outfits from the scene , bump it to 7/10)

Hogsmeade: 9/10

Great Hall/Chamber of Secrets: 7/10

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Other random thought: did Cat Hermione really need a full head mould as opposed to a new hair and cat ear mould? Seems strange. It also looks potentially big enough to go over a regular head, which would be the reason to make a whole head-sized mould so then each character can be changed between their polyjuice and non-polyjuice version. Then again, a reversible head with a hair-ear mould also would've accomplished that.

The headmold is perfect to reuse in the VIDIYO subtheme for a cat woman

Huh, the brick-built animals are a lot better than I imagined, although I wonder why they decided to change the castle style completely - I guess they're treating it like Star Wars and the Great Hall is our X-Wing that we get every few years? Most of the sets look pretty decent, with the bathroom suffering the most from this new modular style. Am curious to see what the printing will look like on the Hermione cat head - it looks horrendously oversized, but maybe they could make it work. IMO Hogsmeade is easily the best set out of all of them, although for some reason they all come across as a little more <insert that tiresome argument> than what we are used to.

Still blows my mind how these images are still publicly available, live on an official retailer's website... How did this even happen? 

4 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If I had to rate the sets based only on the preliminary images, I'd rate them:

Bathroom: 7/10

Forbidden Corridor: 6/10 (Assuming the trio are in jumpers like the preliminary.  If the trio are in their casual outfits from the scene , bump it to 7/10)

Great Hall/Chamber of Secrets: 7/10

Sorry but i will go lower 

Bathroom: 5/10 (if it will be usable to connect with normal part of the castle 6/10)

FC: 4/10 i like only the heads. Body is awful and the built? its a cube not build 

GH: 1/10 i hate it, CoS 8/10... i need to divide the set cause we will pay for CoS but nobody wants the rest. GH looks like cheap moc what kids did on the end of the classroom

48 minutes ago, karrit said:

The Bathroom looks similar to the modular portions they created for some of the Disney Princess sets so you could place them in different configurations depending on how one wanted the build to look.  It's possible they decided to do this with some of the new castle portions so we could choose where to attach them to the overall build.  Maybe this is what some of the August wave is going 

The descriptions says that the bathroom is designed for the wider building from the Forbidden Corridor to fit on top (both are 16 studs long). Also I definitely think we’re looking at rather preliminary builds not in terms of size and shape but wall texture and different colours - I would bet they are not that monotonous in the finished sets. This especially goes for the Great Hall and Three Broomsticks. 

1 hour ago, Ravenclawed said:

On behalf of all of us, sorry everyone for the massive string of newbies looking for the leaked images and filling up the feed.

I wouldn’t be too hard on yourselves, these pictures are so much harder to find than other leaked waves like the Eternals sets :classic:. As it was I was desperately taking screen shots of everything I could see and even then I missed the fluffy set (which I would appreciate being set if anyone’s got a minute :grin:

1 hour ago, karrit said:

I must be the only one who thinks Fluffy's body is just a huge mess.  When I first saw the picture I thought it looked like the body of a Buffalo/Bison.  I hope they put a little more effort into smoothing it out a bit. 

Most of the pictures look like they just threw together the outer shells of the buildings to put something out there for the buyers to see. 

The Bathroom looks similar to the modular portions they created for some of the Disney Princess sets so you could place them in different configurations depending on how one wanted the build to look.  It's possible they decided to do this with some of the new castle portions so we could choose where to attach them to the overall build.  Maybe this is what some of the August wave is going to be like.

Hogsmeade looks incredible.

You are definitely not the only one that thinks that. I think it looks terrible! But I will admit, that I'm just not a fan of brick built animals. LEGO is great for structures, vehicles and more. But LEGO does not make for guild minifigure scale animals basically ever in my opinion.

But we have still to consider that between these pictures and the final sets, there are probably 8 months or even more. Last time with the Moments-Sets probably only 3 months. I like the sets. You can easily add them to the "old" modular castle. Even the chamber of secrets you can add under the old Hall if you want. You need a few modification, but still pretty nice.

Sorry to be asking to see the pictures, but could someone show me the pictures of the new sets? No kidding, I spent the whole day without internet.

Edited by ZeLuiz08

I think the main problem of these sets (except Hogsmeade) is that they tried to look more like 2001-2010 sets than look like source material from movies and thats why they look so cheap compared to 2018-2020 which on the other hand are the most movie accurate and detailed HP sets so far. But we have been kinda warned because thats literaly what anniversary set means....

36 minutes ago, Jinzol said:

But we have still to consider that between these pictures and the final sets, there are probably 8 months or even more. Last time with the Moments-Sets probably only 3 months. I like the sets. You can easily add them to the "old" modular castle. Even the chamber of secrets you can add under the old Hall if you want. You need a few modification, but still pretty nice.

More like 3 months since these are from june wave

Edited by Textorix

6 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Forgive me if i'm not allowed to say this on the forum, but I did save the specific links for the website that posted the pictures if anyone wanted to see them. Happy to send in a DM.

If anyone wants the links. Please click on my name and then on my profile select "Message" and just send me a DM. People wont be happy if we fill the page up with DM requests. :laugh:

Hi!

Could you send me the links as well? Thanks so much!

These builds are a massive step backwards, but obviously that’s the point. These are Anniversary sets trying to appeal to nostalgia. They are designed to look like the older outdated sets and I think that’s fine, as long as it doesn’t continue into the rest of the theme. Definitely have to wait to see the final product before a real verdict on these though 

It seems like there has been some very interesting debate surrounding these new sets. Could someone DM me the images/links? I would be very grateful for that!

5 hours ago, RODDY said:

So where does the Forbidden Corridor connect to the Great Hall since it has no rock elevation.

Maybe the Forbidden Corridor stacks up with the bathroom and then they can be connected to the GH ? Those jumpers on the top of the bathroom gave me that impression