Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ideally, I think most of us can agree that it would be perfect for them to continue another few years, release enough sets and figures to really round off the collection of the series, and then stop. Realistically, this theme sells really well and I don’t see them ending it as long as that’s the case. Chances are the theme will live long enough to see itself become the villain

Completely agree with this. Let the theme run it's course and end it there, don't drag it out. Ideally a Middle Earth theme (LotR and Hobbit combined) would take it's place. 

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Completely agree with this. Let the theme run it's course and end it there, don't drag it out. Ideally a Middle Earth theme (LotR and Hobbit combined) would take it's place. 

I'd love a Middle Earth theme with the amount of effort they put into the HP theme. Yearly waves with smaller and bigger sets, some D2C's and a CFM. It's certainly doable and wanted by fans.

I would love for the Middle-Earth themes to return, but I doubt it‘s going to happen :sceptic: Sure, there‘s the Amazon show on the horizon, but we don‘t know how that will turn out in terms of brand fit and if a show even warrants the comeback of a previously movie-based theme in the first place. I mean, would the HP theme have returned if FB was a streaming show rather than a film series?

Moreover, the previous sets apparently didn‘t sell all that well among kids. Fans like us loved the theme (apart from all the glaring omissions :innocent:) and so do scalpers nowadays, but did kids?

Edited by Lego-Freak

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Moreover, the previous sets apparently didn‘t sell all that well among kids. Fans like us loved the theme (apart from all the glaring omissions :innocent:) and so do scalpers nowadays, but did kids?

Don't want to get too off-topic but I personally feel like the theme's failure was caused by LEGO and Warner Brothers just simply making the wrong decisions and taking the theme into the wrong direction from the get-go. 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don't want to get too off-topic but I personally feel like the theme's failure was caused by LEGO and Warner Brothers just simply making the wrong decisions and taking the theme into the wrong direction from the get-go. 

„Wrong direction“ in what way exactly? What they gave us was excellent, it‘s just the things they omitted that bothered me :shrug_oh_well: And The Hobbit was treated very well, not much missing there.

B2T: I‘m with @LOTR34, as long as FB isn‘t done I‘m expecting the theme to continue. Once they‘re through with DH, I think they‘ll release sets across all of the films to fill in the gaps rather than cycling through the films pair-wise again.

...or they just start to remake everything once more (please don‘t) :laugh:

Am I the only one who‘s annoyed with the order limit for the Art set? :hmpf_bad: In general, I applaud TLG for having them in order to make sure scalpers don‘t buy the entire stock of desirable sets for their nefarious goals, but 4 is way too low for a set that requires you to buy 8 copies if you want to display all 5 motives. Granted, the amount of people who wish to do so is pretty low, but it‘s still a bit inconvenient :tongue:

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

„Wrong direction“ in what way exactly? What they gave us was excellent, it‘s just the things they omitted that bothered me :shrug_oh_well: And The Hobbit was treated very well, not much missing there.

It's mostly the size of the sets and the scenes they chose to make that kind of bother me. Sets like The Orc Forge, Shelob Attacks and especially the Corsair ship shouldn't have been made this early in the theme's lifespan while other, much more iconic, scenes like the Balrog, Amon Hen, the Battle of the Pelennor Fields and many other things were omitted. And something like The Mines of Moria just feels unnecessarily big to me (just the door, well, a pilar or 2 and Balin's tomb would've sufficed) while other sets like the Council of Elrond and the Battle at the Black Gate don't really do justice to their respective scenes because of how small they are. 
And let's not forget about the many iconic battle scenes the films have, where were the battlepacks?! The only set that got close to one was the Helm's Deep expansion, which was fairly limited in it's usability as it included a named character and was also pretty expensive. 

I adore the theme and I hate that I couldn't afford the sets when they were out but I wouldn't necessarily say LEGO really did the films justice like they've done with something like Harry Potter. But this is getting way too off-topic so feel free to PM me if you want to continue this discussion. 

I was wondering if the big $230 set could be Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron with brick wall. I know these are on opposite sides of the alley, but it would make the price more logical.

In addition, since Gringotts is in an entirely different orientation of the other buildings, would they make it just attach to Ollivanders and make it a facade with interior only (like 2011) or something like the Burrow with it being exterior for front and side and interior for back and other side?

What would you guys rather see for Gringotts in ways of displayability and playability?

Just now, Mordarch said:

the big $230 set

I've seen this price get mentioned here a couple of times now and I don't know where it originated from so just to make sure people aren't looking at the wrong info: the D2C is $250, not $230.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

...or they just start to remake everything once more (please don‘t) :laugh:

Well I wouldn't mind if they remake sets such as the Shrieking Shack and/or The Chamber of Secrets. 

And if the latter happens then we'll hopefully get a proper Basilisk not that sorry excuse from the Great Hall. 

5 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Well I wouldn't mind if they remake sets such as the Shrieking Shack and/or The Chamber of Secrets. 

And if the latter happens then we'll hopefully get a proper Basilisk not that sorry excuse from the Great Hall. 

I'd love remakes of those as I don't have those. Those remakes aren't the issue. It would be an issue if LEGO started remaking sets from the sets made since 2018.

6 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

He's talking about remakes of sets that have been made in the reboot :wink:

1 minute ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Would it be too much to ask for a few alternate Daily Prophet prints? Getting sick of the Boy Who Lived one :laugh:

Yes please :grin: They should redesign some of those newspapers from the Daily Prophet in DA to fit on a 2x2. ''The dark lord returns'', "Terror at the Quidditch World Cup'', etc. 

7 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Just now, Salix said:

I'd love remakes of those as I don't have those. Those remakes aren't the issue. It would be an issue if LEGO started remaking sets from the sets made since 2018.

Exactly, I meant sets they've already done in this current iteration of the theme. Remakes of anything pre-2018 are more than welcome of course, should've rephrased that. My bad :snicker:

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly, I meant sets they've already done in this current iteration of the theme. Remakes of anything pre-2018 are more than welcome of course, should've rephrased that. My bad :snicker:

What you don't want a Great Hall remake? :grin: 

Joking aside I don't think we'll reach that point.As far as I'm aware only SW and Ninjago do this kind of thing and those two themes have been going on for years.

Anyone built the Hogwarts moments sets yet?  Would be nice to hear some thoughts as I think I'll probably end up buying either just the figures or all 4 books!

As for longevity of the theme, I think 2/3 more years would be ideal. If we could get a Hogsmeade D2C, Gringotts, Rita Skeeter, Percy Weasley, Madam Pomfrey then I'll be completely satisfied.

EDIT: Actually I'd really like a Leaky Cauldron too...

Edited by Yope

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's mostly the size of the sets and the scenes they chose to make that kind of bother me. Sets like The Orc Forge, Shelob Attacks and especially the Corsair ship shouldn't have been made this early in the theme's lifespan while other, much more iconic, scenes like the Balrog, Amon Hen, the Battle of the Pelennor Fields and many other things were omitted. And something like The Mines of Moria just feels unnecessarily big to me (just the door, well, a pilar or 2 and Balin's tomb would've sufficed) while other sets like the Council of Elrond and the Battle at the Black Gate don't really do justice to their respective scenes because of how small they are. 
And let's not forget about the many iconic battle scenes the films have, where were the battlepacks?! The only set that got close to one was the Helm's Deep expansion, which was fairly limited in it's usability as it included a named character and was also pretty expensive. 

I adore the theme and I hate that I couldn't afford the sets when they were out but I wouldn't necessarily say LEGO really did the films justice like they've done with something like Harry Potter. But this is getting way too off-topic so feel free to PM me if you want to continue this discussion. 

I would absolutely die if Middle Earth came back to Lego. The molded creatures, helmets, weapons, now with the new dress pieces, updated printing and molding, it would be a golden age indeed. I personally love everything we got, I think everything they made was crucial. Granted I think every tiny detail in LOTR is crucial. Honestly the mere fact that we got a minifigure of the Mouth of Sauron was unbelievable. I hope with every fiber of my being that the Amazon series makes it relevant enough again that Lego takes another look at the theme. I’ve even come up with 5 full 22ct series of CMFs for the theme that includes LOTR and The Hobbit

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would absolutely die if Middle Earth came back to Lego. The molded creatures, helmets, weapons, now with the new dress pieces, updated printing and molding, it would be a golden age indeed. I personally love everything we got, I think everything they made was crucial. Granted I think every tiny detail in LOTR is crucial. Honestly the mere fact that we got a minifigure of the Mouth of Sauron was unbelievable. I hope with every fiber of my being that the Amazon series makes it relevant enough again that Lego takes another look at the theme. I’ve even come up with 5 full 22ct series of CMFs for the theme that includes LOTR and The Hobbit

I agree. I only regret not getting Lord of the Rings/Hobbits sets years ago because I miss a chance. So I would love to see Middle-Earth’s return to Lego universe.  So much updates, so much details, please! I think Middle-Earth CMF serie is a great way to get.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes please :grin: They should redesign some of those newspapers from the Daily Prophet in DA to fit on a 2x2. ''The dark lord returns'', "Terror at the Quidditch World Cup'', etc. 

Agree. I wish they had the Sirius Black newspaper as a print instead of sticker as that could've been used in multiple sets.

I'm just glad that since we got the new books there are new 1x2 tiles that aren't Wingardium Leviosa, hope they crop up in more sets.

11 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I'm just glad that since we got the new books there are new 1x2 tiles that aren't Wingardium Leviosa, hope they crop up in more sets.

I was also pleasantly surprised when the tiles turned out to be printed :classic: Since I'm not expecting too many new moulds in the 2HY sets (mainly due to an expected lack of new patronus animals or beasts, unless they surprise us with a troll or Fluffy or something) they could have invested their budget mainly into prints :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I was also pleasantly surprised when the tiles turned out to be printed :classic: Since I'm not expecting too many new moulds in the 2HY sets (mainly due to an expected lack of new patronus animals or beasts, unless they surprise us with a troll or Fluffy or something) they could have invested their budget mainly into prints :shrug_oh_well:

I have my fingers crossed for a new hair piece for Narcissa, she desperately needs one imo.

Preferably dualmolded: 

Screenshot_5.jpgv

4 hours ago, Yope said:

Anyone built the Hogwarts moments sets yet?  Would be nice to hear some thoughts as I think I'll probably end up buying either just the figures or all 4 books!

I've built the Herbology and Transfiguration books. I got them for the figures and the fact that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get the beautiful printed covers, but I have to say on building them they are pretty cute. The concept of the folding out insides is clearly for children and the insides don't present much value for me, but individually on a shelf they do look good and the printed crests on the covers are gorgeous. Quote from my Dad after I showed him the Herbology book: 'I think that's one of the best sets you've ever got.' High praise considering my last HP set was Diagon Alley and he loved that one, but he was very taken with the folding out book idea.

As for the figures, McGonagall is my favourite so far, whereas Sprout is a waisted slot for me considering we've just had an a version of her. I l know why she's in the set I just can't help but see her as a downgrade after the CMF version.

If I was you I would get the books instead of buying the figures separately as I don't think you'll be disappointed and if you wait until they are on discount buying the books probably won't be much different to buying the figures separately. I was going to wait for a discount myself, but I took advatage of Lego's Monster Book Of Monsters promo instead.

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who‘s annoyed with the order limit for the Art set? :hmpf_bad: In general, I applaud TLG for having them in order to make sure scalpers don‘t buy the entire stock of desirable sets for their nefarious goals, but 4 is way too low for a set that requires you to buy 8 copies if you want to display all 5 motives. Granted, the amount of people who wish to do so is pretty low, but it‘s still a bit inconvenient :tongue:

I don't think any of us have even notice that problem lol, but I do see your point. Of all the sets to limit that is inconvenient. :tongue:

32 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I don't think any of us have even notice that problem lol, but I do see your point. Of all the sets to limit that is inconvenient. :tongue:

Yeah, I'm probably a rare exception. They probably thought "who's bonkers enough to order 8 of these?". Me, apparently :head_back: 

Btw, I have a correction to make: they increased the limit to 5 :laugh: Better, but still utterly useless for the Iron Man, Sith, and Hogwarts sets :tongue: Well, at least the Hogwarts one is NOT a timed exclusive. For the Iron Man one, I had to order two copies on bricklink because the retail release was at least two months after the s@h release and I couldn't be bothered to wait that long, staring at an empty wall