Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I've been setting up my Lego HP display for Christmas (a Christmas vignette from each of the 7 stories and my large Hogwarts display) and it makes me so excited thinking of all of the new stuff we'll be getting next year... Pomfrey! Percy! Divination classroom! Bertie Botts Beans! [and that's just what we know about so far!] Even though I understand complaints about exclusive figs, the lack of DH sets and this new modular castle system being a downgrade, I'm just happy that we get new Lego HP every year after so many years of dreaming of the theme returning. :drool::moar:

3 minutes ago, Yope said:

[...]I made the below list some time early this year with the most prominent omitted minifigures based on screentime and mentions in the books[...]

Wow, great work! I want Fang so badly this year. Seeing Hagrid pulling the Christmas tree in my Hogwarts display, I am desperate to see Fang bounding along beside him...

Edited by BrickFunatic

Thoughts on the Percy minifigure:

- Like the torso print, great that they included the Prefect badge, interesting that his has a double clasp unlike everyone else's

- Great reuse of the robe print legs

- The face print is okay, not super like the actor but I like getting a new face print like that

- Not sure about the hair piece, I think it maybe looks a bit too curly if it's for film Percy

My main issue is that this is in a book. Why can't Lego just have more sets that don't always have Harry, Ron & Hermione. Like maybe just have one or two of them, but we don't need the trio in every one as it means characters like Percy get tossed to the side.

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

Wow, great work! I want Fang so badly this year. Seeing Hagrid pulling the Christmas tree in my Hogwarts display, I am desperate to see Fang bounding along beside him...

Same here dude! I want to see Fang in Lego world sooooooo bad…

Percy turned out pretty good. I'm happy to see them filling out the roster with new characters they've never done before.

I can't say I mind him being released in a book either. Due to his lack of screen presence/importance, they'd probably have just made him out of recycled pieces if he were featured in a set. I'm also relieved they didn't take up a space in a CMF with him.

24 minutes ago, strangely said:

I can't say I mind him being released in a book either. Due to his lack of screen presence/importance

It's a shame he didn't get much screen time in the film, considering he's a big part of the books, with him being assistant to Barry Crouch Senior, working for Fudge (which you see in OotP but he doesn't say one line), then his return to the Weasley family in Deathly Hallows which was glossed over entirely.

Also, last time I reread (relistened to the excellent Stephen Fry audio book) I realised that Percy is basically a major suspect as he keeps cropping up and his (later revealed) girlfriend Penellope Clearwater gets petrified.

With patience, I managed to get the Tom Riddle book, whatever that was, brand new with figure for £4. If you consider that is the price of a CMF, with the extra 50p going towards a huge book, it isnt that bad. 

Hoping to do the same with Percy. 

11 hours ago, Textorix said:

Well yeah because moments sets sell kinda poorly so the minifigures are cheap.

I do not think that is true at all, the issue is that in Lego sets there are other parts with a value people can sell, the books on the other hand has zero value to most of us so the price of the minifig is at least the price of the book..
I am happy to get him at last and is sure we will get him in a set within the 2 next years, if that is the exact same minifig remains to be seen. I do not take any chances so will buy the book sooner or later, still have not bit the bullet on Tom Riddle..

32 minutes ago, Seaber said:

With patience, I managed to get the Tom Riddle book, whatever that was, brand new with figure for £4. If you consider that is the price of a CMF, with the extra 50p going towards a huge book, it isnt that bad. 

I wish I could find him at that price, the cheapest I have seen is around £10 and that was if the book was in Finnish :wacko:

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I currently see the Tom Riddle book for $25 AUD. RRP is $40. Perhaps when stores are running typical 20% off promotions, it could come down further to $20. That's still 4 times the price of a CMF here.

Whatever. Hope he comes in a set. Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

48 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Whatever. Hope he comes in a set. Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

And if he does hopefully he won't be as much of a downgrade as the '21 Tom Riddle figure.

9 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I've been setting up my Lego HP display for Christmas (a Christmas vignette from each of the 7 stories and my large Hogwarts display) [...]

I'd love to see it when you're finished. :wub: 

Same, although I suspect he'd be the Fang I'd like for one scene but then not the Fang I'd like for another... Dogs are tricky like that. :laugh:

11 hours ago, Metanoios said:

This is not meant to be derogatory - just a slight nudge, that might hopefully help remind some to see the positive in things rather than always search the negative point of view. It's nice that we get new characters like Pomfrey and Percy next year with new moulds and all new prints. Just my two cents on this matter.

Thanks for the reminder about positivity. Dead chuffed about Pomfrey, rather pleased about Percy, too (even at the book's nearly 20 EUR price point... :cry_sad:). Unfortunately I won't be sourcing more prefects' robes that way, but then that's how I was using the Moments' torsos anyhow, and I'll definitely enjoy fleshing out my Weasley clan, regardless. 

I'm enjoying the AC so much again as well. It's nice to have a little bit of HP lego to look forward to every day, and I love being able to add printed tiles to my extant builds to make them better. 

Thanks @Yope for posting that list again. I thought that was a very a helpful way to represent it. 

5 hours ago, Seaber said:

Impressive, I ended up just paying the £10 in The Works (UK shop) ss I couldn't see it lower anywhere and the Tom Riddle fig is pretty much spot on.

Plus I like the book a lot more than I thought I would, the pictures are all high quality, so I don't feel like I've wasted my money.

I think I'll only buy Percy if I can get him for about £4 though, like a CMF fig.

I think some people forget that the majority of this line is made for kids first and foremost. All 3 of mine love Harry Potter sets and also enjoy the DK & ameet books. My 11 year old was extremely excited to get Percy as she's wanted the rest of the Weasley family for years. We're also a low income family, and they have to be patient as we can't usually afford to buy any sets at rrp. But being the intended audience for this, they'll enjoy the book itself just as much as the minifig, so it's not bad value for money imo.

Is there an RRP? According to Brick Fanatics the new book is 80 pages. The Tom Riddle exclusive book is 96 pages and is currently going for £15 new on Amazon, I paid £13.99 when it came out.

Expensive? Yeah, if you're not interested in the book. But to be honest I'd rather a new minifig than a repeat any day. And some of the 2021 sets have been so subjectively rubbish that I feel like I'm paying a premium just for new minifigs anyway. Will be picking this up asap, excited for the Prefect robe. This will be a case of keeping the book on my wishlist and waiting for the price to go down to get multiples, so I can have a Prefect Ron and Hermione as well.

Not a big fan of the headpiece for Percy unless it's double-sided, but thankfully I have several stern ginger faces for my custom Percys. The hair may look better in person, I prefer him with the hair from the LEGO video games, not as movie accurate but feels more 'Percy'. 

Edited by drewdotexe

Looking at my sets, I think the Burrow and Hogsmeade are the perfect balance between a beautiful exterior and amazing interior. I literally couldn't think of a way to improve these sets (except the minifgs). I just think that they've never got Hogwarts exactly right in either style. The Great Hall is IMO the best (excluding the tower), with a fantastic interior and exterior. The Clock Tower and Astronomy Tower are amazing from the outside but lacking on the inside. The 2021 sets have good to fantastic interiors (excluding Fluffy) but terrible exteriors. This is why I really, really want a D2C minifig-scale Hogwarts Castle. I'm really hoping that the Hospital Wing has an awesome interior. 

Also, I think 2020 was peak Harry Potter Lego. Just amazing! 

3 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Is there an RRP? According to Brick Fanatics the new book is 80 pages. The Tom Riddle exclusive book is 96 pages and is currently going for £15 new on Amazon, I paid £13.99 when it came out. [...]

Not a big fan of the headpiece for Percy unless it's double-sided, but thankfully I have several stern ginger faces for my custom Percys. The hair may look better in person, I prefer him with the hair from the LEGO video games, not as movie accurate but feels more 'Percy'. 

The amazon link hothbricks provided listed the book at 19 EUR. 

Published on September 13, 2022, the book is already available for pre-order from Amazon for just under €19.

lol @ the several stern ginger faces :laugh:

Hi all, apologies for briefly pausing this discussion, but I am migrating the latest posts since the release of the new rumoured list over to a new 2022 topic. Please hold.

EDIT: Done! Please carry on the discussion in the 2022 topic: