Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Come on, that's like two sets for the price of one. Clever. :laugh:

You're fingers will think differently though! :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well overall it looks good. I don’t love the color change and because of that I won’t need to pick up multiples. But the relief is since they are scarved I wouldn’t need multiples for my indoor Hogwarts scenes anyway.

but overall should have some useful pieces so that always helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Finally got the Fawkes build for my birthday. Made the same mistake I did with Hedwig and the wings don't flap! Whoops.

I built my Hedwig to break dance. I found that more satisfying. (And yes, @BacktoBricks, I had to rebuild it to do so. Eh, my fingers survived. :wink: Although with all the disinfecting these days, I do notice the wear more.) 

12 minutes ago, TheLegoDr said:

Well overall it looks good. I don’t love the color change and because of that I won’t need to pick up multiples. But the relief is since they are scarved I wouldn’t need multiples for my indoor Hogwarts scenes anyway.

I have hope they'll go back to the darker tones for the house colours as soon as they no longer need the mittens. If you look at the colours in the Gryffindor dorm / common room on the box, they've used the darker brick red for the duvet. The colour on the pennants on the stickers appears to be an in between thing though... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just seen on Instagram a picture (it seems from a catalog?) of the two new Moments sets, so we can take a look at the purple and black covers! :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Same purple as the Knight Bus I think? 

Looks like it, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So close, yet so far… :tongue: Hopefully we’ll see some proper pictures soon

43 minutes ago, Shiene said:

I have just seen on Instagram a picture (it seems from a catalog?) of the two new Moments sets, so we can take a look at the purple and black covers! :classic:

Actually, it’s not from a catalogue but instead the back of the box of the Transfiguration classroom set *huh* I can’t recall them ever changing the sets advertised on a box, but maybe they did it because two of the other ones get discontinued already? I mean still advertising them would be silly and conveniently, we have two replacements :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Same purple as the Knight Bus I think? 

They look really cool. Was expecting a lighter purple in keeping with the dusky tones from the last round of books, but the rich purple looks great. Always loved the Knight Bus on display with the deep purple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Star Wars 2HY set numbers and prices have just been leaked, so let’s hope HP follows soon :excited: Give us something to speculate on!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Star Wars 2HY set numbers and prices have just been leaked, so let’s hope HP follows soon :excited: Give us something to speculate on!

Alrighty... If you could choose, which would you rather have, pictures from the other three sets of the winter line or the set numbers and prices from the 2HY?

Obviously we can speculate more with the latter, but do people find that more satisfying than the set pix or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

Alrighty... If you could choose, which would you rather have, pictures from the other three sets of the winter line or the set numbers and prices from the 2HY?

Obviously we can speculate more with the latter, but do people find that more satisfying than the set pix or not?

Winter line pictures. Speculation is fun and all, but we've been over it a lot already. And it kind of just gets your hopes up for things that don't materialise. That's not to say that what we do get isn't good, great even, but right now I'd rather stick to what we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Alrighty... If you could choose, which would you rather have, pictures from the other three sets of the winter line or the set numbers and prices from the 2HY?

Gimme the list, I require nourishment :moar:

25 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Speculation is fun and all, but we've been over it a lot already. And it kind of just gets your hopes up for things that don't materialise.

True, but for me at least, the fun of speculating usually far outweighs any disappointment :laugh: And speculating is a lot more entertaining to me once we have set numbers and prices. It just feels more tangible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Gimme the list, I require nourishment :moar:

True, but for me at least, the fun of speculating usually far outweighs any disappointment :laugh: And speculating is a lot more entertaining to me once we have set numbers and prices. It just feels more tangible

It is exciting to get a set list, but there's only so many times I can read speculation for say a Second Task, Durmstrang Ship, Ministry Battle (for the death eaters), Shrieking Shack, and I'm not even going to mention the elephant in the room, before I become cold and dead inside. :tongue:

P.S. Hurry up leakers, the almighty @BrickBob Studpants requires feeding. :head_back:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Alrighty... If you could choose, which would you rather have, pictures from the other three sets of the winter line or the set numbers and prices from the 2HY?

Obviously we can speculate more with the latter, but do people find that more satisfying than the set pix or not?

If we got prices, we could speculate which is the D2C for 200 pages....:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

If we got prices, we could speculate which is the D2C for 200 pages....:) 

Yeah that sounds about right. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You wouldn’t like me when I’m hungry… And I’m STARVING :laugh_hard:

That list better appear quickly lol. Sounds like you need some serious 'food for thought'.  :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't thought much about LEGO HP or visited here since June and I definitely miss it. I finally got to place the 2021 Chamber of Secrets alongside the 2001 castle (and every other minifigure scale Great Hall set) and it really made the problems with the 2021 set that previously I could't place very clear. The designers who worked on the 2021 sets were not used to this simplistic style and seriously struggle to adapt. It seems like they've used every trick they could come up with to make these rectangles interesting using textured parts  (round 2x2s, logs, bricks, ice cream cones, 1x1s with scrolls, and a plethora of latticed windows) and colors like reddish brown, nougat, and tan. The original is open and impressionistic while the remake is incredibly labored forcing as much detail as possible into its simple shapes. They remind me of the detailed fan-made texture packs for the otherwise simple blocky game Minecraft. 2001 style sets with modern techniques and details is an interesting experiment but I'm not sure it should've made it to market, let alone have multiple waves worth of sets. 
 

As for the new suitcase set, I find it very confusing. We already have an ongoing line of gimmicky Hogwarts interior focused rectangles and an ongoing line of gimmicky Hogwarts interior focused books, do we really need a gimmicky Hogwarts interior focused suitcase? Do kids buy all three? Do they play with all of them together? It's a great set I just don't understand it's place in the line. 
 

Personally I think I'll start looking for a hogsmeade set (strange to think that's the only traditional set out of the three most recent waves we have set lists for) but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the remaining 2021 castle sets or even the one I already own. I'll probably decide once the set list for next summer is leaked and I can know what exactly to expect. If sets like these are all we're getting for the foreseeable future (which I'm doubtful of since the lead designer stepped  down) then at the very least there are only two more years until we switch to another new Hogwarts style which hopefully I'll like more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Haven't thought much about LEGO HP or visited here since June and I definitely miss it. I finally got to place the 2021 Chamber of Secrets alongside the 2001 castle (and every other minifigure scale Great Hall set) and it really made the problems with the 2021 set that previously I could't place very clear. The designers who worked on the 2021 sets were not used to this simplistic style and seriously struggle to adapt. It seems like they've used every trick they could come up with to make these rectangles interesting using textured parts  (round 2x2s, logs, bricks, ice cream cones, 1x1s with scrolls, and a plethora of latticed windows) and colors like reddish brown, nougat, and tan. The original is open and impressionistic while the remake is incredibly labored forcing as much detail as possible into its simple shapes. They remind me of the detailed fan-made texture packs for the otherwise simple blocky game Minecraft. 2001 style sets with modern techniques and details is an interesting experiment but I'm not sure it should've made it to market, let alone have multiple waves worth of sets. 
 

As for the new suitcase set, I find it very confusing. We already have an ongoing line of gimmicky Hogwarts interior focused rectangles and an ongoing line of gimmicky Hogwarts interior focused books, do we really need a gimmicky Hogwarts interior focused suitcase? Do kids buy all three? Do they play with all of them together? It's a great set I just don't understand it's place in the line. 
 

Personally I think I'll start looking for a hogsmeade set (strange to think that's the only traditional set out of the three most recent waves we have set lists for) but I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the remaining 2021 castle sets or even the one I already own. I'll probably decide once the set list for next summer is leaked and I can know what exactly to expect. If sets like these are all we're getting for the foreseeable future (which I'm doubtful of since the lead designer stepped  down) then at the very least there are only two more years until we switch to another new Hogwarts style which hopefully I'll like more. 

I think if they're going to re-cover ground (Great Hall, presumptive "Clock Tower" in the Infirmary set) in this short of a cycle, they need to do something substantially different, and whatever else, they succeeded in that. The 2018-20 style is lovely, but it does sprawl, and not everyone has the space. The new line does almost the opposite. Additionally missing a set in the new line doesn't invalidate your Not!warts like it would have done in the 2018+ system. (The Astronomy and Clock Towers without the Great Hall just don't look like Hogwarts to me.) So the new system fills substantially different needs, which is smart. The exteriors are too discordant for my tastes, but it also isn't a major revamp to make them work better. 

 

Given you're meant to build the different locations with the set, does the trunk seem like a one off to anyone else? If not, any ideas how they would expand it (like Fawkes following Hedwig)? 

I'm also wondering if the different styles of sets (Moment, trunk, art, minifig scale, flying creatures...) will ultimately stretch the run of the 2021 series until they cycle back to the beginning? So maybe four or five years this time? I guess four is more likely.

As for Hogsmeade, right now I'm eyeing J.L.Bricks' Hog's Head & Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop if lego doesn't come out with a Hogsmeade Village expansion of their own next summer. Anyone else planning something similar? If so, which shops? (I guess the Hog's Head would be more likely to put in an appearance in 2023.)

Edited by krimimimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

 (which I'm doubtful of since the lead designer stepped  down)

What's this about the lead designer stepping down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

What's this about the lead designer stepping down?

Marcos Bessa, who was the Design Manager for LEGO Harry Potter from 2018 to 2021, is now a Design Master. He made a post about it on his Instagram, I believe it came down to him wanting to do more actual designing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Marcos Bessa, who was the Design Manager for LEGO Harry Potter from 2018 to 2021, is now a Design Master. He made a post about it on his Instagram, I believe it came down to him wanting to do more actual designing.

Exactly, that’s also how I remember it. Makes sense, as the head designer you bear other responsibilities and don’t have that much time anymore to design sets. Good on him IMO, we need him on the front :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly, that’s also how I remember it. Makes sense, as the head designer you bear other responsibilities and don’t have that much time anymore to design sets. Good on him IMO, we need him on the front :laugh:

Sure do. I first became aware of who he was back with the Ewok Village Designer video. I knew then that I loved his design style so I'm so glad he's so involved with the HP line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Any chance we could get Hospital Wing set pictures leaked?

Once the consumer catalogue gets released :classic: Last year, that happened on December 6th :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.