Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Don’t get your hopes up, the way the designers were talking about DH doesn’t exactly sound promising :tongue: I would suggest not expecting any in the forseeable future and being pleasantly surprised whenever some DH-adjacent sets do show up :grin:

I sure hope not :oh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I sure hope not :oh:

I know, for you the stakes are much higher than for the rest of us :laugh_hard:

As far as I'm concerned, I've made peace with it :shrug_oh_well: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I know, for you the stakes are much higher than for the rest of us :laugh_hard:

As far as I'm concerned, I've made peace with it :shrug_oh_well: 

Exactly.

But seriously, it would be really disappointing if in the 5th year of HP reboot theme we still won't have DH sets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But seriously, it would be really disappointing if in the 5th year of HP reboot theme we still won't have DH sets...

If Lego doesn't realise that there are lots of consumers out there who want to add a Gringotts to their DA and therefore a Gringotts set if nothing else, possibly DH based considering the dragon potential, would be a really good idea in 2022 before people get too annoyed / bored of waiting then they must be mad ... Oh wait. :sarcasm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marcos Bessa said in unambiguous terms that neither DH nor Gringotts sets are currently planned, so I’m not sure why people are still holding out hope for them (except for @THELEGOBATMAN, who has a very good reason) :grin: Maybe in 2023 or beyond, but surely not next year.

Why would he lie to keep things secret when a simple “you shall see” or “I can’t say anything about future products” would’ve sufficed :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Marcos Bessa said in unambiguous terms that neither DH nor Gringotts sets are currently planned, so I’m not sure why people are still holding out hope for them (except for @THELEGOBATMAN, who has a very good reason) :grin: Maybe in 2023 or beyond, but surely not next year.

Why would he lie to keep things secret when a simple “you shall see” or “I can’t say anything about future products” would’ve sufficed :tongue:

Did he say that? When he said in August 'I definitely think we're creative enough to sneak in things here and there, so who's to say what will come in the future?' I wouldn't say that was him saying definitely no DH or Gringotts in 2022. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I think their will be, but I just don't think it was an unambiguous denial. Have I missed another interview since then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Did he say that? When he said in August 'I definitely think we're creative enough to sneak in things here and there, so who's to say what will come in the future?'

Maybe I read into it too deeply, but “sneaking in things based on X” and „releasing sets based on X“ are two very different things. I mean, they already did the former by including DH Griphook in CMF S2 :tongue: In combination with the other statements about DH (it targeting older audiences than the earlier instalments and not having as much potential for engaging toys as them), this is rather telling.

And in regards to Gringotts: I think Marcos directly stated that it‘s not currently planned, didn‘t he? Or am I imagining that? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Marcos Bessa said in unambiguous terms that neither DH nor Gringotts sets are currently planned, so I’m not sure why people are still holding out hope for them (except for @THELEGOBATMAN, who has a very good reason) :grin: Maybe in 2023 or beyond, but surely not next year.

Why would he lie to keep things secret when a simple “you shall see” or “I can’t say anything about future products” would’ve sufficed :tongue:

What's the very good reason to still hope?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know if Hogwarts moments 76383 and 76382 will be retiring at the end of this year? Brickset doesn't have a date, but a fan website report stated that both will be retired along with the other two hogwarts moments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Marcos Bessa said in unambiguous terms that neither DH nor Gringotts sets are currently planned, so I’m not sure why people are still holding out hope for them (except for @THELEGOBATMAN, who has a very good reason) :grin: Maybe in 2023 or beyond, but surely not next year.

Why would he lie to keep things secret when a simple “you shall see” or “I can’t say anything about future products” would’ve sufficed :tongue:

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe I read into it too deeply

Yes, Lego designers can not talk about future sets, so they will give a politician answer to those questions, what you read into them is not necessarily right :shrug_oh_well:

It is only a matter of time before we get something from DH in my opinion, sooner or later we will get something from DA as well, but the chance for it being compatible with the D2C DA is getting smaller every year :hmpf:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

What's the very good reason to still hope?

It‘s a running joke :laugh: A while back, @THELEGOBATMAN stated that he‘d eat his own hand if they won‘t release DH sets next year, and I keep reminding him of it :devil_laugh:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, Lego designers can not talk about future sets, so they will give a politician answer to those questions, what you read into them is not necessarily right :shrug_oh_well:

That‘s exactly my point though, the answers were not nearly as evasive as I would have expected. When asked about future products, the designers usually simply reply that they can‘t talk about them. Here, we got pretty elaborate reasoning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe I read into it too deeply, but “sneaking in things based on X” and „releasing sets based on X“ are two very different things. I mean, they already did the former by including DH Griphook in CMF S2 :tongue: In combination with the other statements about DH (it targeting older audiences than the earlier instalments and not having as much potential for engaging toys as them), this is rather telling.

And in regards to Gringotts: I think Marcos directly stated that it‘s not currently planned, didn‘t he? Or am I imagining that? :laugh:

Not imagining no. In June it was reported that HP designers said they were aware there is one building missing, but there were currently no plans for it: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-responds-to-requests-for-gringotts-extension-to-harry-potter-75978-diagon-alley/ It doesn't specifically say it was Marcos though.     

However, they do say the set was specifically designed to leave possibilities open and if fans want something they should do the website feedback form (I hope everyone has!)

So you're right in saying that Gringotts is supposedly not planned, but both the June and August replies sound like rhetoric to me. Like @Roebuck says, Lego's answers often sound like politician answers and in my mind they have a habit of saying something and then out rightly doing a one eighty. The phrase 'cry wolf' often seems synonymous with them to me after a few years of following their statements.

So whilst I don't think it should be taken that Lego will do Gringotts, I think it has been made clear to them it is wanted through general fan media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

So whilst I don't think it should be taken that Lego will do Gringotts, I think it has been made clear to them it is wanted through general fan media. 

What I‘m getting at is that these replies suggest that we shouldn‘t expect these sets in 2022, based on the usual production schedules of roughly one year :wink: I realise that they’ve changed their stance before (e.g. regarding the stability of a UCS-sized AT-AT), but that takes some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What I‘m getting at is that these replies suggest that we shouldn‘t expect these sets in 2022, based on the usual production schedules of roughly one year :wink: I realise that they’ve changed their stance before (e.g. regarding the stability of a UCS-sized AT-AT), but that takes some time.

Oh yes definitely. Unless they were 'pulling our leg' all along. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bobbtom said:

Do we know if Hogwarts moments 76383 and 76382 will be retiring at the end of this year? Brickset doesn't have a date, but a fan website report stated that both will be retired along with the other two hogwarts moments

Stonewars says it's only Herbology and Charms going EOL 2021, Promobricks still lists Potions as joining them. I've seen "merchants" claim Potions and Transfiguration will be around for 2022, but I'm inclined to believe them as it makes sense. There was no other (non-golden) Snape in the 2021 sets, he and Draco complete the duelling minifigs from 2021's CoS, and CoS also doesn't include McGonagall, Hermione or Ron, so those two Moment sets help complete CoS while giving you props to swap in and out of the castle's rooms. Additionally, lego clearly isn't abandoning the line as they're bring out two new Moment sets next winter (DADA / Divination). At least until we see another Snape / McGonagall (earliest opportunity summer 2022), I'd expect Transfiguration and Potions to remain on the shelves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Not imagining no. In June it was reported that HP designers said they were aware there is one building missing, but there were currently no plans for it: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-responds-to-requests-for-gringotts-extension-to-harry-potter-75978-diagon-alley/ It doesn't specifically say it was Marcos though.     

However, they do say the set was specifically designed to leave possibilities open and if fans want something they should do the website feedback form (I hope everyone has!)

So you're right in saying that Gringotts is supposedly not planned, but both the June and August replies sound like rhetoric to me. Like @Roebuck says, Lego's answers often sound like politician answers and in my mind they have a habit of saying something and then out rightly doing a one eighty. The phrase 'cry wolf' often seems synonymous with them to me after a few years of following their statements.

So whilst I don't think it should be taken that Lego will do Gringotts, I think it has been made clear to them it is wanted through general fan media. 

The problem with the "interview" quoted is the individual supposedly managed to lose the recording of the interview itself and is apparently paraphrasing from memory / notes. So it's an indication, but nothing more as the responses have already been watered down by the filter of the youtuber's understanding / recollection of what was said. If you're going to take the designers' responses with a grain of salt, that video should be taken with a whole salt cellar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering Marcos supposedly resigned as the Head Supervisor/Lead for the Harry Potter line I don't know why everyone keeps harping on that one paraphrased interview that happened after he'd resigned.  If he isn't in charge anymore I don't think he's really in any position to comment on what is upcoming or not. Personally I think it was slightly more interesting when he didn't answer the Gringotts question but got that huge grin on his face back when they did the Diagon Alley interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MayItBe said:

Will the 2022 sets include golden miniatures, or it was only for 2021 sets? 

Nope, that was just for the 20th anniversary :wink:

8 hours ago, karrit said:

[…] I don't know why everyone keeps harping on that one paraphrased interview that happened after he'd resigned.

It’s simple: I keep bringing it up so we can hopefully have a realistic outlook on next year’s 2HY set list :tongue: Call me a party pooper, but I’ve lost count of how many times we’ve collectively been speculating about a DH wave and a Gringotts D2C set only to have Lucy remove the football :snicker: 

Tempering expectations is the only way to prevent disappointment. I hope this doesn’t come across as patronising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone modded the 2020 Room of Requirement set into the 2021 modular Hogwarts style? (like the bathroom or the Gryffindor common room) Been picking up a lot of smaller sets recently and the thought popped into my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If Marcos Bessa genuinely doesn’t want to make DH sets, then I no longer trust him with this theme, end of story 

It‘s not really his decision though, is it? :wink: I mean, it‘s a whole team of designers AND they‘re working closely together with WB who also have a say in what gets and doesn‘t get made. Plus the higher-ups at TLG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s not really his decision though, is it? :wink: I mean, it‘s a whole team of designers AND they‘re working closely together with WB who also have a say in what gets and doesn‘t get made. Plus the higher-ups at TLG

Given how prominent Gringotts is in nearly anything Harry Potter, especially at WB's Harry Potter theme park, it's not WB that's blocking a Gringott's D2C lego set. My money is either on Marcos or whowever higher up it is at Lego not wanting to produce it. I'd be shocked if they didn't include Gringotts in their "perfect design" of the Diagon Alley set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this negativity! Don't be so down when we've had such a spectacular collection of sets so far in such a short timespan. I trust everyone working with this theme, as its quality is truly a step above every other major licensed theme. Every day I look at these sets and get so happy. A Gringotts will come this year or next- LEGO is definitely aware of the demand for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, evanevanevan said:

All this negativity! Don't be so down when we've had such a spectacular collection of sets so far in such a short timespan. I trust everyone working with this theme, as its quality is truly a step above every other major licensed theme. Every day I look at these sets and get so happy. A Gringotts will come this year or next- LEGO is definitely aware of the demand for it.

2021 quality was pretty rough. Figures definitely measured up to previous years. But it was a terrible decision to move away from the 2018-2020 castle style. The new style is just terrible. Looks awful. Huge downgrade. 2021 made me very worried about the future of this theme. Add that to the fact that they are clearly avoiding Deathly Hallows sets and there’s definitely plenty of reason to worry. This was the perfect theme from 2018-2020. They threw that away for whatever 2021 was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.