Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

[…] the only thing different was that you get the Hogsmeade platform and new figures.

Not sure what “new” figures we could expect here, unless they got really creative and included a Hogsmeade resident like Aberforth :tongue: That’s why I prefer remakes that actually have some minifig/creature potential, like PS Hagrid’s Hut for instance :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure what “new” figures we could expect here, unless they got really creative and included a Hogsmeade resident like Aberforth :tongue: That’s why I prefer remakes that actually have some minifig/creature potential, like PS Hagrid’s Hut for instance :grin:

They could do the trio, Neville and Luna from the OOTP carriage ride. Sure it's not the most exciting line up, but I would prefer that to a straight out Platform 9 3/4 remake, although I'm definitely not interested in a remake over fresh sets anytime soon. I can't say I'm that interested in a PS HH either though; the build would essentially just be the same, but without the side hut and we've had a lot of different PS trio figures now so I can't see the figures being different. If they bothered to include the PS Hagrid without his coat on then it would be worth it, but otherwise the only thing it could give us is a Fang and maybe a new Norbert(a), but Fang could easily be put into another forest set or minifigure bag without the need to have another hut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

The Hogwarts Express is currently not rumoured to retire until the end of next year. :classic:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/the-full-list-of-lego-harry-potter-sets-retiring-in-2021-and-beyond/

Thanks! Looks like I have a while to get that and the Clock Tower as well. Just out of curiosity, when did we start knowing when sets retire to this level of certainty? I don't follow set production quite as closely as I did a few years ago, but I remember it seeming more vague than this. Are they internal leaks that came out of TLG itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

They could do the trio, Neville and Luna from the OOTP carriage ride. Sure it's not the most exciting line up, but I would prefer that to a straight out Platform 9 3/4 remake, although I'm definitely not interested in a remake over fresh sets anytime soon. I can't say I'm that interested in a PS HH either though; the build would essentially just be the same, but without the side hut and we've had a lot of different PS trio figures now so I can't see the figures being different. If they bothered to include the PS Hagrid without his coat on then it would be worth it, but otherwise the only thing it could give us is a Fang and maybe a new Norbert(a), but Fang could easily be put into another forest set or minifigure bag without the need to have another hut.

Yeah, or even do HBP with Draco, Harry and Luna. Could even maaaaybe stretch the set to include the gates of Hogwarts and Filch's guard duty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

If they bothered to include the PS Hagrid without his coat on then it would be worth it, but otherwise the only thing it could give us is a Fang and maybe a new Norbert(a) […]

Exactly what I had in mind :wink: That is infinitely more appealing than whatever a new HE set could offer in that regard :snicker:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Or a smaller scale version of the fabled UCS Dobby's Sock!

...maybe even the knife that killed my least favorite character (Dobby) will be included too, as it's Deathly Hallows related? Get both ends (kinda) of the series in one set, like a pair of bookends!

(Sorry to all the Dobby fans out there: I've hated him more than Jar Jar Binks since 2002... and I was in the target age range of less than 10 for both of them at that time.)

I’m shocked (sarcastically). 

Anyways, a knife? Nooooo definitley not gonna happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Exactly. Although, I wouldn't mind a remake if the train and carriage builds stayed exactly the same and the only thing different was that you get the Hogsmeade platform and new figures. Now that would allow for adding extra carriages to the current set with the front train and coal tender being the only duplication. But I doubt they would make it that easy. :laugh:

Or a UCS Hogwarts Express with school age and epilogue minifigures!

If they ever do UCS Hogwarts Express I could totally see at least old Harry and Albus Severus being bonus figures like Hagrid & Harry in Diagon Alley/Founders with Hogwarts/Golden figures in Hogwarts Icons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, droobles said:

Or a UCS Hogwarts Express with school age and epilogue minifigures!

If they ever do UCS Hogwarts Express I could totally see at least old Harry and Albus Severus being bonus figures like Hagrid & Harry in Diagon Alley/Founders with Hogwarts/Golden figures in Hogwarts Icons.

It would be cool, but have they ever done a set with so much repetition in the build? It's usually a single carriage. Never more than two. I think the logic they use is that once you have the instructions for one, you can then build multiple with separate bricks or buy several sets. The Modular buildings follow the same logic. Also a full Hogwarts express would take up a lot of track which would increase the cost of the set even more.

If they were to do it, I suspect they would focus on the stations a bit more. Perhaps including both Kings Cross and Hogsmeade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I made new renders of my updated Hogwarts castle model in Blender. Some of you who are trying to connect old 2018-2020 sets to new ones might get some inspiration from this :) Next thing I wanna do is to build the Owlery tower and Boathouse. I am also looking forward to that Hospital Wing set coming in winter because if it will look generic (like most of 2021 sets) I might be able to incorporate it to this model so it wont look like another Clock Tower.

RzBW9CJ.jpg

FL8QiEB.jpg

ggpYP7Q.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, drewdotexe said:

Yeah, or even do HBP with Draco, Harry and Luna. Could even maaaaybe stretch the set to include the gates of Hogwarts and Filch's guard duty.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads how often they've made sets that diverged clearly from book canon? (As far as I recall, movies always take precedent, or were there exceptions to that as well?)

I had the sense that they often try to duck scenes that commit to one version or the other, though, Attack on the Burrow notwithstanding. No matter how iconic, we just don't see something like the movie scene with Snape throwing himself in front of werewolf!Lupin. (20 EUR set, Snape, Lupin with alt head / hairpiece, Black's animagus form, and maybe Harry, a tree or two, some grass, a full moon?) Instead we get the Whomping Willow from the scene in CoS instead, and can piece it together from other sets if we like.

(Along those lines, lego, please give us new versions of the dog and werewolf, cheers.) 

 

ETA: @Textorix Nice job! You might want to add that to the 

thread. This one gets locked at the end of the year, and there's no way anyone is going skimming through 400+ pages to find that in a locked thread, which would be a pity. (It also has the additional advantage of keeping that thread from disappearing into obscurity. Win win. :classic:

Edited by krimimimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx for an advice. Why is this thread going to get locked?

Edited by Textorix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Thx for an advice. Why is this thread going to get locked?

2021 is over and 2022 starts a new thread. 

Surprised there already isn't a 2022 thread at this point, since we already are getting rumors for next years sets. 

Edited by Prometheus87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prometheus87 said:

2021 is over and 2022 starts a new thread. 

Why do you need to make new thread for each year, why not keep the same one :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

2021 is over and 2022 starts a new thread. 

Surprised there already isn't a 2022 thread at this point, since we already are getting rumors for next years sets. 

Licensed threads are made by the moderators on January 1st each year.

12 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Why do you need to make new thread for each year, why not keep the same one :D

Because it eventually becomes impossible to navigate the forum and find conversations/posts from past years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

2021 is over and 2022 starts a new thread. 

Surprised there already isn't a 2022 thread at this point, since we already are getting rumors for next years sets. 

It’s not handled the same way in every subforum. In the SW subforum, new threads are created once we have rumours, so those are threads about the sets released in that particular year. Contrast this with the licensed subforum, where threads are created on Jan 1st and are thus framed by the calendar year, rather than the sets released in that year :wink:

13 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Why do you need to make new thread for each year, why not keep the same one :D

Because it’d be thousands of pages long. Looking for older posts would be even more of a mess :tongue:

Edit: Gah, double-ninja’d by @lego_guyon02

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2021 at 2:38 PM, lego_guyon02 said:

Amy Corbett's latest Instagram post made me remember LEGO's employee-only holiday gift sets are usually based on some kind of milestone within the company, in 2019 they went with Star Wars' 20th anniversary. We obviously won't know until an employee posts a picture of his/her set but there's definitely a possibility of it being based on the Potter or Ninjago anniversaries.

Right on the money, but luckily it turned out to be a Ninjago set rather than a HP one :laugh: This could’ve been terrifying since new prints are not out of the question for these gift sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Right on the money, but luckily it turned out to be a Ninjago set rather than a HP one :laugh: This could’ve been terrifying since new prints are not out of the question for these gift sets

Where is this confirmation? I can't find it in the usual places. 

EDIT - may have found a slightly blurry photo. Looks cool if real. 

Edited by Prometheus87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the current rumors for the 2022 lineup? Haven't checked this thread in a while and was quite surprised to see there wasn't one for 2022 already since I know there's a list somewhere. Thanks for any help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

What is the current rumors for the 2022 lineup? Haven't checked this thread in a while and was quite surprised to see there wasn't one for 2022 already since I know there's a list somewhere. Thanks for any help!

75396 Hogwarts Moment: Divination Class (purple or lilac), with 297 pieces; Trelawney, Harry and Parvati Patil; expected to retail for €29.99, ca. £27.99

75397 Hogwarts Moment: Defense Against the Dark Arts Class (black), with 257 pieces; Moody, Neville, Hermione; expected to retail for €29.99, ca. £27.99

75398 Hospital Wing, with 510 pieces; Pomfrey (!), Harry, Hermione, Ron; expected to retail for € 39.99. It sounds like the scene with the TIme-Turner, especially as a Clock comes on the exterior. The Infirmary continues the 2021 modular Hogwarts design and should have the same footprint as the Great Hall from 2021's CoS set to make it stackable.

75399 Hogwarts Suitcase (or Trunk; there's been some discussion), 603 pieces, expected to retail for €59.99. The details are a little confusing here. It's supposed to be a buildable, lockable trunk, able to be customisable to the builder's House of choice by means of different coloured tiles and stickers, and allow for various scenes to be built from the Sorting Ceremony to the different Houses' common rooms. Includes customisable minifigs. 

Edited by krimimimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, krimimimi said:

75396 Hogwarts Moment: Divination Class (purple or lilac), with 297 pieces; Trelawney, Harry and Parvati Patil; expected to retail for €29.99, ca. £27.99

75397 Hogwarts Moment: Defense Against the Dark Arts Class (black), with 257 pieces; Moody, Neville, Hermione; expected to retail for €29.99, ca. £27.99

75398 Hospital Wing, with 510 pieces; Pomfrey (!), Harry, Hermione, Ron; expected to retail for € 39.99. It sounds like the scene with the TIme-Turner, especially as a Clock comes on the exterior. The Infirmary continues the 2021 modular Hogwarts design and should have the same footprint as the Great Hall from 2021's CoS set to make it stackable.

75399 Hogwarts Suitcase (or Trunk; there's been some discussion), 603 pieces, expected to retail for €59.99. The details are a little confusing here. It's supposed to be a buildable, lockable trunk, able to be customisable to the builder's House of choice by means of different coloured tiles and stickers, and allow for various scenes to be built from the Sorting Ceremony to the different Houses' common rooms. Includes customisable minifigs. 

Thanks for the info! Disappointing we still aren’t getting deathly hallows sets, i was hoping that it was just the 20th anniversary that had screwed it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

Thanks for the info! Disappointing we still aren’t getting deathly hallows sets, i was hoping that it was just the 20th anniversary that had screwed it up

There should be a second wave of sets in the later part of the year. Nobody knows anything about it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

Thanks for the info! Disappointing we still aren’t getting deathly hallows sets, i was hoping that it was just the 20th anniversary that had screwed it up

Don’t get your hopes up, the way the designers were talking about DH doesn’t exactly sound promising :tongue: I would suggest not expecting any in the forseeable future and being pleasantly surprised whenever some DH-adjacent sets do show up :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.