Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, evanevanevan said:

The Gringotts set definitely creates a bit of a challenge for designers. Obviously one will want it to line up nicely with Diagon Alley, but you can't have the perfect Gringotts without an underground. I could see it being two sets perhaps? First a general first year set that will pair well with DA, then an Escape from Gringotts interior-only set with tracks and an Ironbelly. Or maybe we can get lucky and get both in one with a nice interior side build! What would everyone prefer?

I'm excited for the insane MOC someone will inevitably do by raising all of Diagon Alley and Gringotts and having a complex underground track below! 

I dont think that perfect Gringotts needs the underground, the main building is the most important. I could see them doing one room with vault but thats it. I think people are creating unrealistic expectations from this set and setting themselves for disappointment like with 2021 wave. Vault from first movie, underground with tracks, Horcrux vault and Dragon all in one set... thats just not gonna happen in my opinion. Although I would love to get Ironbelly dragon I dont really care if Gringotts will be PS or DH based. All I want from this set is to have detailed design and to fit with the scale of Diagon Alley set, which means slightly bigger than other buildings but also not oversized.

Edited by Textorix

22 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah it is frustrating but I gues we kinda got used to this

To be fair, the issue here is a blog / fan site says something, and we so want it to be a thing, get excited and almost inevitably are then disappointed. The fault doesn't lie entirely with lego here (if at all), but (also) with the "super fan"'s constant need for new information and the fan world's need to hype content to get those hits. If we took the initial report that something "big" was coming out of the equation, how would you (plural) have responded to word of a new contest? Indifferent at worst, but I doubt anyone would have been disappointed

Edited by krimimimi

28 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

To be fair, the issue here is a blog / fan site says something, and we so want it to be a thing, get excited and almost inevitably are then disappointed. The fault doesn't lie entirely with lego here (if at all), but (also) with the "super fan"'s constant need for new information and the fan world's need to hype content to get those hits. If we took the initial report that something "big" was coming out of the equation, how would you have responded to word of a new contest? Indifferent at worst, but I doubt anyone would have been disappointed

Cant disagree with that. We indeed created the hype around it and it would have been a different situation if we immediately got information about contest so we wouldnt even have a chance to speculate about it being a new set :D ... doesnt change the fact that some of us are disappointed tho but I am happy for some talented moc builders to get a chance to win sets which they probably already have but still.

Edited by Textorix

Everyone should stop taking that website seriously now. They are the same ones who reported that the MBoM wasn't coming to the UK, so I bought it for £80 on eBay, only for it to get announced for January. Luckily I was able to return it. They're just desperate for clicks.

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Everyone should stop taking that website seriously now. 

I wouldnt be suprised if they already knew it was going to be a contest back then but they just wanted to get some more attention so they created this hype around secret Lego HP anniversary suprise :D

Edited by Textorix

19 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I dont think that perfect Gringotts needs the underground, the main building is the most important. I could see them doing one room with vault but thats it. I think people are creating unrealistic expectations from this set and setting themselves for disappointment like with 2021 wave. Vault from first movie, underground with tracks, Horcrux vault and Dragon all in one set... thats just not gonna happen in my opinion. Although I would love to get Ironbelly dragon I dont really care if Gringotts will be PS or DH based. All I want from this set is to have detailed design and to fit with the scale of Diagon Alley set, which means slightly bigger than other buildings but also not oversized.

I agree with this completely. My expectations aren't to get everything in one, and I would be more than happy with just the classic facade and main hall interior to connect to Diagon Alley. But if I was to fantasize the ideal set, it would definitely include an Ironbelly and a small side build a la 4714!

I'd say Gringotts underground is essential. Were I to design the set, the wonky white building would be in scale with DA (naturally) and a seperate plate would feature the underground section. We don't see the staircase or whatever to get from the above ground to underground so no need to have them stackable. 

The underground would be a loop of track with a couple of carts around the dragon pen with a few vaults, one for Harry, one for Bellatrix and maybe another for the PS. 

Minifigure wise, all from DHII. Too many Hagrids already and the PS Griphook and Harry are in the calender. 

Not sure why everyone is discussing about Gringotts again… again AGAIN :tongue: Unless the designers were winking very hard when they said it, a Gringotts set is not currently being planned and even if it was right now, larger sets tend to take more time to design. So if there’s one coming, we probably shouldn’t expect it before 2023 :shrug_oh_well: Besides, we don’t even know whether there will be a D2C set next year in the first place

47 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Unless the designers were winking very hard when they said it, a Gringotts set is not currently being planned and even if it was right now, larger sets tend to take more time to design. So if there’s one coming, we probably shouldn’t expect it before 2023 

That is very sceptical view on this. I think that this set is now almost 90% coming next year and it can be also regular set for like 150 euro and still be very decent, it doesnt need to be crazy big 250 euro D2C set rly. Designers would be stupid if they werent aware of the hype aroung this set so my guess is that they are already working on it if its not already finished. Yes they said that it is not currently planned but it is kinda hard to believe that for me. Its similar when some actors just need to lie to not spoil something important from the movie.

Edited by Textorix

3 hours ago, Textorix said:

Just to be clear, I was joking when I said all that stuff, I doubt we will get everything everyone wants from that set tbh though I do think they are saving up Gringotts but I can see it being a different scale to DA altogether, look at the castles and how they have changed. And hey the vaults/dragon can all be MOC'd in if people so desire additional stuff.

I wish there was something else to talk about other than Gringotts but there is just no news!!! Hopefully we start getting leaks soon, I am parched!

Edit: People going to see Cursed Child in London are getting a LEGO treat at their seats, looks like a Slug Club Harry based on the Facebook page!

Edited by drewdotexe

25 minutes ago, Textorix said:

That is very sceptical view on this. I think that this set is now almost 90% coming next year and it can be also regular set for like 150 euro and still be very decent, it doesnt need to be crazy big 250 euro D2C set rly. Designers would be stupid if they werent aware of the hype aroung this set so my guess is that they are already working on it if its not already finished. 

I'm betting 2023 for a tie in to the in-story fifteenth anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts, or 2024 for the more probable time the theme would reach DH (if you figure 2022 for PoA and GoF, 2023 OotP and HBP). And it would help nudge sales of DA back up at a time when interest might otherwise be waning.   

I still don't think we'll see waves that are exclusive to the books / movies those years, but I'd expect them to dominate the sets released in those years. I'd also bet the 2021 advent calendar reduces the chances the Gringotts will be PS-centric, and focus more on DH so they can get us off their backs. (Plus a substantial portion of lego fandom seems to think dragons and such are cool.) 

1 hour ago, drewdotexe said:

I wish there was something else to talk about other than Gringotts but there is just no news!!! Hopefully we start getting leaks soon, I am parched!

Yeah there is nothing to talk about now so hopefully new leaks will pop up soon

2 hours ago, Textorix said:

I think that this set is now almost 90% coming next year [...]

That's what we all thought last year, and yet, here we are :tongue: I don't expect anything specific out of this theme anymore, I just accept what's coming :laugh: Better than getting disappointed again and again

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That's what we all thought last year, and yet, here we are :tongue: I don't expect anything specific out of this theme anymore, I just accept what's coming :laugh: Better than getting disappointed again and again

After last year, my expectations are remarkable low for HP. My attitude now is - GWP gets delayed? Meh

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah haha, I just like to speculate with an idle mind, to feed the imagination. I don't expect anything at all in reality! 

26 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

After last year, my expectations are remarkable low for HP. My attitude now is - GWP gets delayed? Meh

Same. Mostly just looking forward to new figures, creatures, prints, stickers etc as the 2021 builds were all (with Hogsmeade being the only exception) really disappointing and lackluster.

38 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Same. Mostly just looking forward to new figures, creatures, prints, stickers etc as the 2021 builds were all (with Hogsmeade being the only exception) really disappointing and lackluster.

Yeah my list of minifigures and creatures I want to get from this theme is really long and so far my wishes were being fulfilled. That being said I cant wait for Madam Pomfrey minifigure leak :D

I'm way behind but got the 2021 Hogwarts for like $85 and have been building it. 

Any 80/90s children will understand this...

The 2018(?) Hogwarts is like SIM City. Just a lot of life and character and shape. Feels more complete.

Hogwarts 2021is SIM Tower. You build everything up more and more and its fun for awhile but long term its lacking and boring.

I can’t see them not making Gringotts. The DA set being without it didn’t take anything away from the set, Gringotts will only add to that amazing set. How would they make Gringotts is the big question. They can’t make it not compatible with DA, so having an built in underground track section wouldn’t work. I can see them making it an all encompassing build though. Having the interior be SS based(even with the AC this year) & also including the Ironbelly. Adding the vaults, both 713 & Bellatrix’s are where I’m stumped. Side builds could work but DA didn’t have any, so I don’t know. :grin:

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

The DA set being without it didn’t take anything away from the set [...]

That's debatable. I love that set to death but every time I look at it and take some time to admire how beautiful it is there's always that nagging feeling that something very prominent and important is missing. 

26 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's debatable. I love that set to death but every time I look at it and take some time to admire how beautiful it is there's always that nagging feeling that something very prominent and important is missing. 

I agree, especially given the shop choices they did include. 

5 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Fair, mileage may vary. The set is still amazing without. I was excited & eager to get it day one when it was finally revealed. Not having Gringotts is a bummer, but that doesn’t affect the set itself in any way. 

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

...Having the interior be SS based(even with the AC this year) & also including the Ironbelly. Adding the vaults, both 713 & Bellatrix’s are where I’m stumped. Side builds could work but DA didn’t have any, so I don’t know. :grin:

My idea for how they could do Gringotts is that the grand double doors at the front lead into a tall staircase up to the entrance hall. So, the "ground floor" entrance hall with all the Goblin clerks is actually on the second level (about 6 bricks high off the baseplate), and underneath you'd have the "underground" section with a 32-long straight track in front of a few vaults. Plop a dragon on top, and WHAM! Gringotts.

1 hour ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

My idea for how they could do Gringotts is that the grand double doors at the front lead into a tall staircase up to the entrance hall. So, the "ground floor" entrance hall with all the Goblin clerks is actually on the second level (about 6 bricks high off the baseplate), and underneath you'd have the "underground" section with a 32-long straight track in front of a few vaults. Plop a dragon on top, and WHAM! Gringotts.

That’s a great idea. I was thinking along those lines, just less elegant. Each side could house a vault & a little strip of track with a cart could be in the middle. 

Edited by Vindicare