Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Right you are... So... Gents? What say you? :wink:

How about Dragold being included in the GWP at the end of the month. I still think it's odd having golden McGonagall (not a fig 20 years ago), Hagrid, Quirrell (only in the one book / film) and even Voldemort (not even a character in the films 20 years ago) and not the little ferret. 

Doubtful, as then the D2C stand wouldn't work. 

We probably didn't get him just because he wouldn't be as interesting of a design when we already have 3 golden students.

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Doubtful, as then the D2C stand wouldn't work. 

We probably didn't get him just because he wouldn't be as interesting of a design when we already have 3 golden students.

How terribly sensible of you :laugh:, and you're probably right, too. (Even worse, this isn't the first time someone has had to point that out to me. I don't have the Icons set and always forget the stand.) Does it lend itself easily to modding in a different configuration that would hold ten? Or extend itself? I really need to look up how it was built...  

Since there's (virtually) no way we're getting another D2C (though I suppose it wouldn't be the first time the HP team has shadowdropped one), what seems most likely to me is that we're getting an 18+ set a la what Star Wars has had and is getting a couple more of next year. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, Textorix said:

Because they didnt expect theme to be so successful so they planned it only for limited time. They likely realized that sets based on first movies are selling the best between the kids so they decided for reboot to keep milking it for longer time while also letting adult fans stay hungry because they still havent released the most wanted sets like Gringotts, Shrieking Shack, 2nd Task, Deathly Hallows sets etc.

I wouldnt be suprised tbh. Lego often teases something big and it ends up meh…

How would Harry Potter not be successful😂.
How long was the theme supposed to last then? I think it’s crazy how they had all that potential with the first sets from 2018-2020 and then just wasted it.  Now everything seems wasted that they created and they have to do the same bits of the castle again like the dorms, class rooms even the great hall. In my opinion what’s worse is we got a downgrade of a great hall this year. I thought it was quite shocking.  We can’t even have a courtyard at the front of the great hall anymore.  

8 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

We can’t even have a courtyard at the front of the great hall anymore.  

Why? 

52 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

OMG... @Brick Clicker 

First time I've heard of this "rumour" so I don't have a clue what it could be. I doubt it's another set but Lego can keep something under wraps just before the reveal if they try hard enough...

Whatever it is I'll be intrested to see what turns out of this.

1 minute ago, Brick Clicker said:

First time I've heard of this "rumour" so I don't have a clue what it could be. I doubt it's another set but Lego can keep something under wraps just before the reveal if they try hard enough...

Whatever it is I'll be intrested to see what turns out of this.

Thanks for answering. I am really intrigued now. 

Honestly, with how many sets are releasing in November, I would be surprised if it was a new set, but you never know. 

Unless it's a January set but they are revealing it soon?

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Unfortunately, Dobby's Sock was just a rumor. The Brickbuilt Remembrall was CONFIRMED by our trusted leakers.

Though of note is the fact that the Remembrall was originally considered for the D2C that we have seen, so that was probably where that rumor originated. 

Hey wasn't there a leaked golden Draco hair piece at some point? Does anyone recall? And if so, has it turned up in another theme, or is it still unaccounted for?

59 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Honestly, with how many sets are releasing in November, I would be surprised if it was a new set, but you never know. 

Unless it's a January set but they are revealing it soon?

Though of note is the fact that the Remembrall was originally considered for the D2C that we have seen, so that was probably where that rumor originated. 

Nope, Falconfan (iirc) insinuated that it was going to be the $30 Quidditch set.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

57 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Nope, Falconfan (iirc) insinuated that it was going to be the $30 Quidditch set.

I can’t remember if it was me but I know how that rumor started with initial lists lacking a lot of info and just having rememberall on it so many people assumed it was a brick built rememberall. The initial rumor list for the summer wave was a big mess

Its funny to see the difference between us Eurobricks nerds and general Lego fans on Facebook. Someone shared this rumour in one of Lego HP groups and all comments immediately were Gringotts!!! Diagon Alley expansion!!! Another D2C set!! ... I kinda feel bad for them but a tiny bit of me has also little hope for something like that.

Also one guy (not sure if legit) said in comments this: "Lego store didn’t tell me what it was but they told me it blows hedwig with potions out the water"

5 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Its funny to see the difference between us Eurobricks nerds and general Lego fans on Facebook. Someone shared this rumour in one of Lego HP groups and all comments immediately were Gringotts!!! Diagon Alley expansion!!! Another D2C set!! ... I kinda feel bad for them but a tiny bit of me has also little hope for something like that.

Also one guy (not sure if legit) said in comments this: "Lego store didn’t tell me what it was but they told me it blows hedwig with potions out the water"

I think that kind of shows that if it did somehow turn out to be Gringotts, Lego would be on the money (pun completely intended), but they could be referring to the free GWP we all know is coming for all we know because Lego has a history of hyping the underwhelming. 

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

[…] Lego has a history of hyping the underwhelming. 

At this point, TLG themselves haven’t hyped up anything though :wink:

20 minutes ago, Textorix said:

"Lego store didn’t tell me what it was but they told me it blows hedwig with potions out the water"

Press X to doubt :snicker:

The year is nearing its end and I heavily doubt they’d be able to keep something like this a secret. We’ve known about the three November D2C sets (AT-AT, Titanic, Tumbler) for ages, since early spring even in some cases. 

I still think a videogame announcement is much more likely. Sure, labelling it as part of the 20th anniversary would make little sense, but if it exists in the first place, then maybe it was intended to be released this year and then got delayed along with LSW? 

32 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah the same thing happened under Brick Fantasticks post. Everyone just went nuts about "potential" Gringotts set

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Press X to doubt :snicker:

The year is nearing its end and I heavily doubt they’d be able to keep something like this a secret. We’ve known about the three November D2C sets (AT-AT, Titanic, Tumbler) for ages, since early spring even in some cases. 

I still think a videogame announcement is much more likely. Sure, labelling it as part of the 20th anniversary would make little sense, but if it exists in the first place, then maybe it was intended to be released this year and then got delayed along with LSW? 

Yeah if that was true why would they try so hard to keep this one in secret while other D2C sets leaked like ages ago.

22 minutes ago, Flixter said:

Yeah the same thing happened under Brick Fantasticks post. Everyone just went nuts about "potential" Gringotts set

At least Lego 100% knows what most of their community want... its only a matter of time until they eventually give it to us.

Edited by Textorix

Really really skeptical we're getting another set for 2020, if only for the fact that's what I really want it to be, and my hopes tend to be the opposite of reality when it comes to LEGO HP. We got a HP video game just 3 years ago, they wouldn't do another one so soon would they?

12 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

We got a HP video game just 3 years ago, they wouldn't do another one so soon would they?

That was just a re-release of the old games :wink: A new one with updated mechanics and designs in the same vein as the SW one would be amazing :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That was just a re-release of the old games :wink: A new one with updated mechanics and designs in the same vein as the SW one would be amazing :thumbup:

Oh gotcha. Yeah an updated version would be wonderful.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

At this point, TLG themselves haven’t hyped up anything though :wink:

O ye of little faith. :wink: If there is something coming, you can bet Lego will let us all know about it ... several days after it's leaked.

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Slow news day.

It's not like there's much news to be revealed.

Mysterious 2021 surprise and January 2022 sets leaks (and it'snot like there's much to be leaked). That's basically it.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's not like there's much news to be revealed.

Mysterious 2021 surprise and January 2022 sets leaks (and it'snot like there's much to be leaked). That's basically it.

The first movie is returning to cinemas in less than three weeks ahead of the November anniversary so I expect the item/show to release/air then, so I expect an announcement/leak any day now. :moar: