Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

For anyone interested in having a look, I've submitted an entry to the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter Lego contest based on set 4709 Snape's Class.

It was lots of fun to design and I'd highly recommend having a look through all of the submissions, some of them are really excellent - there's a lot of talented Harry Potter Lego fans out there!

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/5caa9cef-d9ec-46a0-b472-14ba484723f9/application/585428fd-771d-4df7-8d9f-a38f2d3067c9

webp

Edited by Yope

I wish Lego did something like this, with detailed both interior and exterior.

Awesome work man, awesome

Just now, Scarlet_Patronus said:

When do we expect to see anything of the January wave? November?

Minifigures could start leaking at the end of the month, unless TLG’s new anti-leak manager is really good at their job :laugh:

I can't remember when it was but I'm sure we got the McGonagall figure last year before we even knew it was coming.  Would be nice to get a Madam Pomfrey leak sometime soon.  Of all the figures we haven't had it's probably the one I most hope they don't cheap out on... I can't be doing with any more Helga Hufflepuff faceprints!

Edited by Yope

On 10/4/2021 at 12:58 AM, Textorix said:

Just swap the roof for grey and its okay. People including me were whining that these new sets dont match with the 2018-2020 line when in reality all you have to do is to play with it a bit and you will get complete looking castle.

Hey man!  I just wanted to say excellent job on this MOC, and that I would also love to see the instructions for making it!  I'd love to create this display for myself.  It is truly excellent, and I love the fact that it largely maintains the original designs.

Just curious, I know you primarily used the sets from 2018-2020 for the large castle elements, and I think I see some of the castle elements from 2021 as well.  Did you include all system-scale castle sets (including 2021) in this MOC?  Also, do you have any approximation of how many additional parts outside of those sets would be required or how many copies of each set we'd need to complete the scene?

Excellent work.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Minifigures could start leaking at the end of the month, unless TLG’s new anti-leak manager is really good at their job :laugh:

If they found someone already, which I doubt

1 hour ago, Yope said:

I can't remember when it was but I'm sure we got the McGonagall figure last year before we even knew it was coming.  Would be nice to get a Madam Pomfrey leak sometime soon.  Of all the figures we haven't had it's probably the one I most hope they don't cheap out on... I can't be doing with any more Helga Hufflepuff faceprints!

Well, not before. Few days after set list

Or not few. It was like a month. Set list was published on September 13th and Minifigures got leaked on October 18th. Anyway it was really unexpected

Edited by Flixter

2 hours ago, Yope said:

I can't remember when it was but I'm sure we got the McGonagall figure last year before we even knew it was coming. 

Nope, we knew that already. What caught us off-guard were the dress and the new hat-hair combo piece :wink: Before, we were expecting a reprint of the 2018 version

2 hours ago, Yope said:

I can't be doing with any more Helga Hufflepuff faceprints!

I expect them to reuse the Aunt May / Trolley Witch faceprint :grin: At least it’s not as widespread

3 hours ago, Koomazaz said:

Hey man!  I just wanted to say excellent job on this MOC, and that I would also love to see the instructions for making it!  I'd love to create this display for myself.  It is truly excellent, and I love the fact that it largely maintains the original designs.

Just curious, I know you primarily used the sets from 2018-2020 for the large castle elements, and I think I see some of the castle elements from 2021 as well.  Did you include all system-scale castle sets (including 2021) in this MOC?  Also, do you have any approximation of how many additional parts outside of those sets would be required or how many copies of each set we'd need to complete the scene?

Excellent work.

Thank you very much, I really appretiate your opinion on my model. I used all 2018-2021 Hogwarts sets and used every set just once... well I put there one additional greenhouse and some more trees but that is just something extra for me. With the piece count for custom things I added, I am not sure now because rock base is not finished yet but the big rock pieces alone cost around 100 dollars from BL although the rest shouldnt be expensive as I used pretty common pieces. 

Here you can see entire model from above. 2021 Great Hall is connected to Bell Towers MOC by JL Bricks (you wouldnt even notice as it is so small compared to 2018 one), Lockharts classroom and cabinet are connected to Astronomy Tower, Fluffy set and Chamber of Secrets are next to Grand Staircase Tower, polyjuice potion mistake is connected to Clock Tower and so on.... If you were interested in more stuff write me on instagram (textorix_displays) :)

qmbJSkz.jpg

Edited by Textorix

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I expect them to reuse the Aunt May / Trolley Witch faceprint :grin: At least it’s not as widespread

I think that's a fair shout, I know last Winter Wave was all Moments sets, but to compare the 

2021 Winter wave we got new Cho, Seamus, McGonagall, Flitwick and Sprout heads (5)

Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Herbology, Sprout, McGonagall, Flitwick and Snape torsos (8)

McGonagall printer skirt and recoloured Cedric legs (2)

New McGonagall hat mold. 

Admittedly very few printed pieces that wave, but perhaps a new Pomfrey face is maybe a 50/50 chance, maybe with a small smile and concerned face rather than the shriek of the Trolley Witch :classic:

8 hours ago, Yope said:

For anyone interested in having a look, I've submitted an entry to the 20th anniversary of Harry Potter Lego contest based on set 4709 Snape's Class.

It was lots of fun to design and I'd highly recommend having a look through all of the submissions, some of them are really excellent - there's a lot of talented Harry Potter Lego fans out there!

Wow man, you did amazing work, we need smaller Hogwarts sets like this.

Edited by Textorix

9 hours ago, Yope said:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/5caa9cef-d9ec-46a0-b472-14ba484723f9/application/585428fd-771d-4df7-8d9f-a38f2d3067c9

That looks great, well done! I like this so much more than those 4 terrible Hogwarts sets we got this year, you managed to incorporate the 20th anniversary in a natural way by remaking one of the original sets whereas the 2021 sets are basically just bland, boring and unrecognisable boxes. I'm still not a fan of the green roofs but if the new system was a lot more like this with a more interesting and unique exterior and a better looking interior (2018 and 2021 are honestly equally bad in that department) I'd like them a lot more.

They are bland boxes and thats why they need to be connected with older sets to look more natural. I am not a fan of green roofs either but that problem can be easily solved :D

16 hours ago, Yope said:

webp

Beauty! Exterior is so nicely detailed! Will go check this out further.👍

14 hours ago, Textorix said:

Thank you very much, I really appretiate your opinion on my model. I used all 2018-2021 Hogwarts sets and used every set just once... well I put there one additional greenhouse and some more trees but that is just something extra for me. With the piece count for custom things I added, I am not sure now because rock base is not finished yet but the big rock pieces alone cost around 100 dollars from BL although the rest shouldnt be expensive as I used pretty common pieces. 

Here you can see entire model from above. 2021 Great Hall is connected to Bell Towers MOC by JL Bricks (you wouldnt even notice as it is so small compared to 2018 one), Lockharts classroom and cabinet are connected to Astronomy Tower, Fluffy set and Chamber of Secrets are next to Grand Staircase Tower, polyjuice potion mistake is connected to Clock Tower and so on.... If you were interested in more stuff write me on instagram (textorix_displays) :)

qmbJSkz.jpg

Pretty sure you're using two quidditch sets. ;)

I love your layout Textorix. When the line is over I really hope to build my own hogwarts version, something similair like yours. Most of my sets are still in box! Als love your little set Yope. I hope this will be made soon.

Also: Got a Cedric in Hufflepuf Quiditch Robes with the activity book for just 2.80 euro including shipping from amazon. The book is German, so I will throw that away, but it's a steal for just the figure.

1 hour ago, Salix said:

Pretty sure you're using two quidditch sets. ;)

Yeah I forgot about those but he was mainly talking about Hogwarts buildings which I used only one of each :D

Edited by Textorix

On 10/5/2021 at 12:04 PM, Yope said:

Incredible work, this looks absolutely amazing :wub:

Thanks all for the kind words about my Snape's Class MOC, the contest has closed to new entries now but there have been loads added and there are some amazing builds: https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/5caa9cef-d9ec-46a0-b472-14ba484723f9?query=&sort=top

I wonder whether this sort of thing could influence LEGO's Harry Potter design team.  There are loads of Gringotts, Leaky Cauldron, Battle of Hogwarts and Ministry of Magic builds - it's clear that there's an appetite for sets based on these if it wasn't already obvious.

Stonewars provide some more details about the 2022 sets in their article: https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-harry-potter-neuheiten-q1-2022/

Noteworthy new bits of information include:

• The release date is the 1st of March :sceptic: Leaks might take a bit longer then
  • The DADA set includes a depiction of the dark mark
  • The Hospital Wing set includes a bottle of Skelegro and potentially a new owl print :wub:
  • The suitcase set maybe includes a new leg piece that combines short legs with a skirt 

Very cool details. I took the Dark Mark to be one of the details on the book cover, we'll wait and see I guess. 

The skirt legs is a very interesting potential detail. Great to hear Skelegro confirmed :grin: Also states what I think we all thought that the suitcase is more like a chest.

"The hospital wing is divided into three sections and has an overall width equivalent to that of the great hall in the LEGO 76389 Chamber of Secrets. It can therefore be placed on this, for example."...... "The middle section has a tower, on the outside of which - in keeping with the time-turner theme - there is apparently a clock that can be turned using cogwheels." - Yeah it sounds like this will look nothing like 2019 Clock Tower and it will rather look quite random which is a good thing for me as I will be able to use it as just generic Hogwarts building in my layout ... as most of the 2021 sets lol :D

Edited by Textorix

Looking forward to this next wave, lots of great stuff coming for MOCing my castle

The sticker sheet for the chest, Pomfrey and bottle, more uniform torsos and new owl are the highlights for me

I personally hope the rumour about the skirt is a mistake, and it’s actually a new recolour of the short plastic skirt from the troll theme (65753), that would make more sense to me than a new mould

https://rebrickable.com/parts/65753/minifig-hipwear-skirt-short-angular/

Edited by Bugbot20082