Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Don‘t forget that the source that leaked the catalogue got burned because their watermark was all over the pictures. I highly doubt they‘ll ever get their hands on a catalogue again :laugh_hard: Same goes for the source that provided the 2HY pictures

Well someone almost definitely will leak them. It almost always happens

21 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In other news, Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbeldore is coming April 15th 2022 :moar:

Finally :pir-huzzah2:

17 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Considering we'll have a lot of chances to get the remaining Potter figures in future sets I'd definitely prefer a FB series over a HP series with a few spots completely wasted on more unnecessary trio, Neville and Luna variants.

At least then a lot of the figs have to be new characters unless they are giving us several Newts :wacko: I am one of those that hope for more FB sets and especially figs, but I guess it depends on how big a chance TLG wants to take with FB:shrug_oh_well:

19 minutes ago, Flixter said:

Well someone almost definitely will leak them. It almost always happens

We‘ve had next to no catalogue leaks for a couple of years (between 2017 and 2020, IIRC). I was pretty impressed they even came back last year :head_back: 

Sure, someone could leak them again, but it‘s not that likely given the punishment that awaits the leaker. It‘s not worth hurting business relations (and maybe even be fined for breaking an NDA) over 10 minutes of Internet fame

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

over 10 minutes of Internet fame

I think you seriously underestimate the lengths people will go to for Internet fame nowadays :laugh: 

Just now, Fuppylodders said:

I think you seriously underestimate the lengths people will go to for Internet fame nowadays :laugh: 

I expect more rationality from a store owner than your average influencer :head_back:  

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sure, someone could leak them again, but it‘s not that likely given the punishment that awaits the leaker. 

Yeah well and still, leaks happen every year, whether they're related to HP or no

If I could pick just one set to be revealed early, it'd be the suitcase, it sounds intriguing even though it may end up being a let down. The moments sets and Hospital Wing are more obvious. 

If I could pick just one figure it would be Pomfrey :wub:

10 minutes ago, Seaber said:

If I could pick just one figure it would be Pomfrey :wub:

Aka the only interesting one :tongue: Moody and Trelawney are almost 100% downgrades from their CMF S1 counterparts and the remaining characters are the usual suspects anyway (plus some generic students in the suitcase set)

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Aka the only interesting one :tongue: Moody and Trelawney are almost 100% downgrades from their CMF S1 counterparts and the remaining characters are the usual suspects anyway (plus some generic students in the suitcase set)

Not really sure why Trelawney would be a downgrade, the new one will almost certainly have a double-sided head and back torso printing, two things the 2018 figure lacked.

4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Not really sure why Trelawney would be a downgrade, the new one will almost certainly have a double-sided head and back torso printing, two things the 2018 figure lacked.

I consider replacing the dress piece with legs a downgrade, but maybe that's just me :shrug_oh_well: 

I bet they’re going to go with the Boho chic Trelawney from OoTP, with Ginny’s CMF hair, like some have said.

Parvati was played by a different actress in POA, and a suitable hair would be Ginny’s original hair recoloured black.

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I consider replacing the dress piece with legs a downgrade, but maybe that's just me :shrug_oh_well: 

• Me too, although I do understand the reasoning in terms of letting characters sit down for play. Still, Moments Sprout with legs was a downgrade for me compared to CMF Sprout with skirt, whereas McGonagall was an upgrade primarily because of the skirt and then the hat/hair was just the sweet icing on top. I don't see why Trelawney has to sit down in this set anymore than McGonagall in the Transfiguration class book, but :shrug_confused:.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:25 AM, Flixter said:

Hagrid? In CMF? Yeah that's not gonna happen. 

I don’t see why not. We’ve got a dolphin & mountain bike before, so an oversized human would be just as easy & probable.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:55 AM, BrickFunatic said:

Yes come through with that gay love story Queen JK.

I saw a few comments that it could be about Aurelius. .

It would make sense for the CMF to tie into the movie next year, but that maybe means making figures on concept art etc, unless they stick to CoG instead

I would be very happy with a special series of 18 figures: 12 Harry Potter, 6 Fantastic Beasts

The Newt variant could be from the flashback: Hufflepuff robes and a bowtruckle micro fig

Edited by Bugbot20082

12 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

Is there any chance of a golden Malfoy coming with the GWP? Just to really annoy people...

Nope, only Harry and Ron

You know, I noticed something. We didn't get descriptions for 2018-2020 sets and neither did we get confidential pics of sets. But we did get descriptions of 2021sets and later confidential pics. So, I assume that until this year they didn't put pics of sets in the catalog

Which means, if next years catalog gets leaked (and it 70% will), then we'll get pics

How do you post photos on here?  I took a photo of a chocolate frog tile display I made but it says the max I can upload is 0.03MB, that is tiny.  I see people posting photos on here all the time of whole Hogwarts displays etc.  Is there a trick to it?

Also, not sure if this is permitted here so apologies if not, I was needing just 1 tile to make a complete wizarding tile collection and I got 2 of them in the last set I bought meaning I have a complete spare set of 16 tiles to sell.  If anyone is interested I am happy to sell at below common marketplace price of ebay etc. if you want to message me.

A question for you...

... is there a scene, in PoA, in which Remus Lupin has mustaches and beard like the minifigure of 2018 Hogwarts Express set (first image)?

I remember him having only mustaches, like the 2004 minifigure (second image), but it's a long time I don't see the movie.

3626cpb2178.png.cf461defec6dc8894642403d91d4414b.png

3626bpb0209.jpg.b22870f20a73ac2e46babc4488d8db77.jpg

16 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

A question for you...

... is there a scene, in PoA, in which Remus Lupin has mustaches and beard like the minifigure of 2018 Hogwarts Express set (first image)?

I remember him having only mustaches, like the 2004 minifigure (second image), but it's a long time I don't see the movie.

I believe PoA is the only movie in which he doesn't have a (small) beard so they probably included it so they can reuse the head for future non-PoA Lupin figures.