Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I assume this only apply for EU, if not they have lo lower the price quite a lot in Norway to even get close to the price in a lot of the other countries in Europe :pir-huzzah1:

22 hours ago, Yope said:

Hagrid in red shirt from PS with fang

Hagrid? In CMF? Yeah that's not gonna happen. 

22 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I still don't think a Series 3 is happening next year. A CMF would be great news for us but looking at the matter from LEGO's POV it's way smarter to save every character/variant they can get so they can use them in future sets, especially with the theme not going anywhere in the foreseeable future. 

Well there's plenty of characters who have more than one variant: Xeno, Rita, Barty Jr., Lucius, Percy

17 hours ago, krimimimi said:

I know it isn't probable, but we still haven't seen Draco as a golden minifig for the 20th anniversary, and I find it really hard to believe we had Quirrell but no Draco. Maybe that improves the chances this could still be a last set to wrap up the 20th anniversary celebration and give us the 'missing' golden fig? 

Quirrell was an important character in the first movie, that's why we got him

Edited by Legofania

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Some bad news for ya - Brickmerge has January Harry Potter sets up, and it seems the Hospital Wing and Suitcase's prices were incorrect. Instead of 40€ and 50€, they are 50€ and 60€ respectively.

Kinda sucks that a set with 3 Hogwarts compartments costs 50€, while the Fluffy one, having 4 of them, costs 40€...

Idk, I think Brickmerge may be mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time online stores make mistakes. For example last year there a store listed ninjago sets with much bigger prices, but they weren't correct

33 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Hagrid? In CMF? Yeah that's not gonna happen. 

Well there's plenty of characters who have more than one variant: Xeno, Rita, Barty Jr., Lucius, Percy

Quirrell was an important character in the first movie, that's why we got him

Hagrid was on my "unrealistic" list, I agree that it's unlikely!

As much as I am wary of getting too optimistic, I think a third CMF series might still be possible.  The theme is going strong and I think there are still plenty of possibilities for new characters without removing the draw of new figs in sets.

The CMF 2 series only had 5 figures never before released out of 16, so a 12 figure series could expect maybe 4 new characters plus variants (hopefully there would be more).  If your new characters are for example Rita Skeeter, Xenophilius Lovegood, Dolohov and Kreacher then there are still loads of figures who would appeal even from the sets that these characters might appear in (e.g. Karkaroff, Crouch sr, OotP Sirius, Mundungus Fletcher etc.).

I think I'm mostly hopeful because I loved the previous CMF series so much, in terms of what that series added to a Harry Potter collection there are few sets that match it imo.

I think they already tested these prices here in the Netherlands. 45 euro for the Fluffy set here was just insane. I got it for 35 from another shop, which is a much better price. Same for Hogsmeade, got it for 65 instead of 90.

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Even more bad news, Promobricks had reported prices as a whole were expected to increase in 2022, including on existing sets. The Clock Tower was mentioned specifically as going from 90€ to 100€. 

4 hours ago, chris6507 said:

I got the impression when i read it, that prices are only going up in Europe. Is that correct? Not that it is any consellation for people in Europe. But just wanting to clarify if thats what other people got from it? Something specifically to do with tax i thought!

3 hours ago, Nemo Eisenfaust said:

According to stonewars (https://www.stonewars.de/news/preiserhoehungen-ab-2022/) they will raise the prices in Western Europe to have one price for Western Europe. At the moment the prices in Europe can differ between the countries.

3 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

This is y'all's punishment for living in Europe.

Actually, this mostly hits Germany as over here in the Netherlands we were already paying more than in Germany while we both have the same currency (euro). So LEGO decided to make it so all prices in the countries that use the euro are now the same as there were retailers who thought to be smart and bought LEGO sets in the country where it is cheaper, e.g. Germany, and then sold it in a country where the suggested retail price is higher. This means that for instance in the Netherlands and France prices are staying the same and Germany's prices will go up to match ours. It has nothing to do with Western Europe specifically, this is for all countries using the euro which are all over the place, not just the western part.

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I assume this only apply for EU, if not they have lo lower the price quite a lot in Norway to even get close to the price in a lot of the other countries in Europe :pir-huzzah1:

Not even the EU, specifically the countries that use the euro. As there are some EU members, e.g. Denmark and Poland, who do not use the euro (yet).

1 hour ago, ???theriddler??? said:

I think they already tested these prices here in the Netherlands. 45 euro for the Fluffy set here was just insane. I got it for 35 from another shop, which is a much better price. Same for Hogsmeade, got it for 65 instead of 90.

For some reason the prices were higher in the Netherlands when compared with Germany. As far I know this has nothing to do with a test, but rather inconsistency between countries that use the same currency.

3 hours ago, Legofania said:

Idk, I think Brickmerge may be mistaken. Wouldn't be the first time online stores make mistakes. For example last year there a store listed ninjago sets with much bigger prices, but they weren't correct

I don't think so. All the prices for all the other themes are correct, they even provided more accurate prices for Dominion set than the ones from #legoleaks. They're real.

Maybe. Well then the only thing left is to hope that these prices could be different in different countries, which, I guess, is possible.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't think so. All the prices for all the other themes are correct, they even provided more accurate prices for Dominion set than the ones from #legoleaks. They're real.

Would be nice to get a full wave, sounds like the most important part, plus the last (it's the last one, right?)

2 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Would be nice to get a full wave, sounds like the most important part, plus the last (it's the last one, right?)

Unknown.

When starting this franchise they planned 5 movies. But since the second one didn't go... well, to put it lightly, they're gonna make this one, and see how it turns out - if it's a success, they'll make another installment. If it's not, then they'll just stop.

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In other news, Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbeldore is coming April 15th 2022 :moar:

Finally some Fantastic Beasts news. Really hope we get a decent amount of sets for once, there's so much potential. I'm definitely hyped!

Yes come through with that gay love story Queen JK.

I bet Lego will not make sets based on it because it will go against their values to represent gay characters who are not bitchy fashionistas. 

27 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Finally some Fantastic Beasts news. Really hope we get a decent amount of sets for once, there's so much potential. I'm definitely hyped!

Watch them not give us any sets :ugh:

Fr tho, I hope we get a full wave for this movie. It would be such a wasted potential if they wouldn't make any sets.

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

I bet Lego will not make sets based on it because it will go against their values to represent gay characters who are not bitchy fashionistas. 

What are you even saying, bruh. Such a stupid thing to say.

We just got Phastos in Eternals sets.

You know, I wonder if there's possibility we will get full FB CMF instead of HP 3. Perhaps they could even include few characters from 2 movie (Lida, Flamel, Nagini, Creadence)

Edited by Legofania

31 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

...I feel like this has to be satire, but I'm not sure.

41 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Absolute state of this. 

10 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

This is y'all's punishment for living in Europe.

Laughs in affordable healthcare? :laugh: I mean, it's either that or ask Harry to fetch his wand... :wink:

My apologies to our antipodeans and assorted Americans, I really should have mentioned promobricks' info on the price changes was for Europe. (Sometimes the "Euro" in "eurobricks" leads me to forget to couch things more robustly.) I've honestly no clue what they're doing on your end, that said, the international shipping issues and repeated warnings about all kinds of things' unavailability come Christmas would make me cautious about planning purchases elsewhere as well. (Personally, I'm particularly worried about a price increase on the DA set I've yet to get... :cry_sad:)

Can't wait to be disappointed by this one :laugh: Just kidding, I'll go in with no expectations again, which is far better than being let down by a film you were looking forward to (Hobbit, Sequel Trilogy). 

Also, just to make a brief point with a few characters off the top of my head, Lego has no problem with making figures who aren't straight, so no figures are off the table.

idea037.png

sim038.png

colhp16.png

sim041.png

gb017.png

coltlbm16.png

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

You know, I wonder if there's possibility we will get full FB CMF instead of HP 3. Perhaps they could even include few characters from 2 movie (Lida, Flamel, Nagini, Creadence)

Please God no.

Not too sure whether to expect sets or not… I mean, they‘d have to be released in February or March to tie in with the film, unless the new date was decided so recently that TLG couldn‘t adjust their schedule accordingly :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, BrickFunatic said:

So can anyone confirm the price of the Hospital wing? Has it increased for everyone or just Germans?

Lego released a press release stating that it's all of Western Europe but some will increase prices and some will decrease. It's on thebrickfan site. 

2 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

Dumbledore famously has never been made in minifigure form...

3 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Dumbledore famously has never been made in minifigure form...

Whoa! We’re finally getting a Dumbledore figure?!