Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

All good ideas for Neville, would be strange if they just gave him a short hairpiece lol

Despite what sets they do for this theme at least most of the figures turn out great

 

I assume since they are randomly including a Prisoner of Azkaban based set as an extension to the 2021 Hogwarts, is it safe to bet that in summer next year there will be more castle sections (with green roofs) based on Year 3 and 4 that will connect? Since this year was sets based on Year 1 and 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I think this piece in this colour works well for GoF Neville. 

It's about time that hairpiece becomes more wildely available so that would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I’m wondering about the new castle sets is if they’re going to continue with the rock work underneath? Because there are not many dungeon areas to think of. We’ve seen Potions class a million times but I guess we could see it again. There’s also slytherin common room, and the room of lost things (not likely) and the rest of the tasks from the first film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a set with the Hunchbacked Witch statue and a secret passage underneath? Like a remake of this?

4751-1.jpg?200401100739

A Hufflepuff dorm could also go in the basement level. We never saw it in the films but they did put the Ravenclaw dorm into the Astromony Tower so why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, random question to insert with the talk of 2022 sets.

Does anyone know if the Harry Potter team at LEGO have said anything about the success of set #76393 (the brick-built minifigures of Harry and Hermione) or the future of making other characters? It's my favorite Harry Potter set from last year, and I just need the trio finished at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like whats likely is maybe they will do a few more castle section sets that are basically just square rooms and then a bigger multiple roomed set with the rocks underneath again, basically what we got this year except its scenes based on Years 3 and 4, it must be what they are planning since the Hospital Wing will be a continuation of the green roof sets but who knows

 

Probs like two small parts of the castle, one big rock base castle, a random place outside the castle (maybe the Shrieking shack this time? Similar to Hogsmeade this year) couple buildable objects or animals, maybe another Moments book in summer too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

Does anyone know if the Harry Potter team at LEGO have said anything about the success of set #76393 (the brick-built minifigures of Harry and Hermione) or the future of making other characters? It's my favorite Harry Potter set from last year, and I just need the trio finished at least.

Marcos said at one point that if they do well, LEGO will consider making more. That's pretty much all.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I think this piece in this colour works well for GoF Neville. 

While I agree, ever since LEGO really exploded with the amount of hairpieces they do, I've found it unsettling to have two characters in the same lineup having the exact same hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My predictions for Summer 2022 are:

A large Hogwarts build with Gryffindor Common Room, Lupin’s classroom and Office; and some other part of the castle (perhaps a courtyard instead of a dungeon?) that attaches to the hospital wing and Y3 figures.

A Dumbledore’s Office castle add-on based on Y4.

The Shrieking Shack.

The second task.

Dumstrang Ship.

Small Y1 Forbidden Forest set with Fang.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

My predictions for Summer 2022 are:

A large Hogwarts build with Gryffindor Common Room, Lupin’s classroom and Office; and some other part of the castle (perhaps a courtyard instead of a dungeon?) that attaches to the hospital wing and Y3 figures.

A Dumbledore’s Office castle add-on based on Y4.

The Shrieking Shack.

The second task.

Dumstrang Ship.

Small Y1 Forbidden Forest set with Fang.

 

That'd be a good release. I'd love a remake of Dumbledore's Office #4729 from 2004. Would work well in the box modular system of 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the Shrieking Shack and Second Task are the most expensive sets on the aftermarket that haven’t been remade so I’m sure Lego is aware of that which makes them likely.

Now, I wonder how they could make the 2nd task with all the mini figures needed though. 

28 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Maybe a set with the Hunchbacked Witch statue and a secret passage underneath? Like a remake of this?

I’ve also been thinking about this. I’d love a statue.

Edited by BrickFunatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had an idea. To get around the 2nd task needing 8 mini figures, what if they did a set called Hogwarts: Second Task and included a small portion of the castle as well as a spectators stand and the underwater arch? That way they could include ten figures like CoS (Harry, Krum, Fleur, Cho, Cedric, Gabrielle, Ron, Hermione plus two others - Dumbeldore? Rita? Neville?). And it would allow for more prints and moulds (Grindylow and Sharkhead or fins). The castle section could be Dumbeldore’s office, the library or Gryffindor common room, as they happen around that scene. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

I just had an idea. To get around the 2nd task needing 8 mini figures, what if they did a set called Hogwarts: Second Task and included a small portion of the castle as well as a spectators stand and the underwater arch? That way they could include ten figures like CoS (Harry, Krum, Fleur, Cho, Cedric, Gabrielle, Ron, Hermione plus two others - Dumbeldore? Rita? Neville?). And it would allow for more prints and moulds (Grindylow and Sharkhead or fins). The castle section could be Dumbeldore’s office, the library or Gryffindor common room, as they happen around that scene

I'm beginning to think you should work for Lego. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I’d welcome repeated mini figures of the trio if it means a no expenses spared Pomfrey. 

LEGO is bizarre on this point. We got a Clock Tower hospital wing with no Pomfrey, an Astronomy Tower with no Sinistra. 
Amazing the Flying Lesson comes with Hooch!😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hiker13 said:

LEGO is bizarre on this point. We got a Clock Tower hospital wing with no Pomfrey, an Astronomy Tower with no Sinistra. 
Amazing the Flying Lesson comes with Hooch!😑

Those examples don't strike me as weird. Both of those sets were deliberately based around particular scenes, with no extraneous minifigures. Pomfrey doesn't belong at the Yule Ball and Sinistra doesn't belong at the Slug Club Christmas Party (and Ron+Lavender are adjacent to the party, though Malfoy in robes is a bit huh?). In the films we never see Sinistra teaching a class at all as far as I remember.

The Flying Lesson set was based around the Flying Lesson, and the point of this new set seems to be the Hospital Wing, so it makes sense that they have the accompanying adults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Those examples don't strike me as weird. Both of those sets were deliberately based around particular scenes, with no extraneous minifigures. Pomfrey doesn't belong at the Yule Ball and Sinistra doesn't belong at the Slug Club Christmas Party (and Ron+Lavender are adjacent to the party, though Malfoy in robes is a bit huh?). In the films we never see Sinistra teaching a class at all as far as I remember.

The Flying Lesson set was based around the Flying Lesson, and the point of this new set seems to be the Hospital Wing, so it makes sense that they have the accompanying adults.

I understand your point, but still find it odd. The opportunity is there in either case to provide an instructor associated with the location.
(The Yule Ball doesn’t belong at the Clock Tower after all, but I guess that’s poetic license, considering.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I really liked the theme of "recognisable Hogwarts section plus specific other scene", perhaps in part because I never thought in my wildest dreams that we'd get Yule Ball and Slug Club Party minifigures. It was fun and new to get something really specific rather than the "smattering of everything" that had been typical of Hogwarts sets, and to not get more student uniforms. That said, there certainly was dissonance between the castle portion and the included scenes and I get why that was odd.

I also always expected Pomfrey in a CMF so that we'd be guaranteed to get the purpose-made hat-hair that she needs. Here's hoping LEGO has dedicated the budget to her in the set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I just had an idea. To get around the 2nd task needing 8 mini figures, what if they did a set called Hogwarts: Second Task and included a small portion of the castle as well as a spectators stand and the underwater arch? That way they could include ten figures like CoS (Harry, Krum, Fleur, Cho, Cedric, Gabrielle, Ron, Hermione plus two others - Dumbeldore? Rita? Neville?). And it would allow for more prints and moulds (Grindylow and Sharkhead or fins). The castle section could be Dumbeldore’s office, the library or Gryffindor common room, as they happen around that scene. 

The Durmstrang ship doesn't have a lot of specific characters/variants associated with it so alternatively I could see them including Cedric and Fleur there while putting Harry, Krum, Ron, Hermione and 2-3 Merpeople in a more affordable ~$50-60 Second Task set. Such an option would be far more preferable imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

While I agree, ever since LEGO really exploded with the amount of hairpieces they do, I've found it unsettling to have two characters in the same lineup having the exact same hair.

Fair dos, I have been collecting as many hair pieces in different colours and faces as I can over the last few years, my goal is to have unique hair pieces and for every character in HP, Lotr and SW. Still got a way to go, but I also don't mind the same hair style in the same category of figure, as long as the colour is different :classic:

24 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Durmstrang ship doesn't have a lot of specific characters/variants associated with it so alternatively I could see them including Cedric and Fleur there while putting Harry, Krum, Ron, Hermione and 2-3 Merpeople in a more affordable ~$50-60 Second Task set. Such an option would be far more preferable imo.

Yes, I think this is the best option. The Ship, the three spectator stands and the underwater sections are the three 'locations' needed, I can see the 2nd task parts being in one set and the ship and perhaps that little jetty with a tree and rowing boat where Neville supplies the Gillyweed being a little side build. 

The second task variants of Harry, Cedric, Fleur, Krum, Gabrielle, Karkaroff and Maxime would be four brand new figures, three repeats with Cho, Ron and Hermione but with sleeping faces. 

Add in some Merpeople and Grindylows, as well as a Rita Skeeter perhaps in here more familiar green outfit rather than the blue she wears during the second task. 

Neville with printed round tile (or trans green dog poo piece) would be nice, as would Crouch. Moody unnecessary thanks to the Moments set. I think Dumbledore is the same outfit as in the CMF. 

8 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

The only thing I’m wondering about the new castle sets is if they’re going to continue with the rock work underneath? Because there are not many dungeon areas to think of. We’ve seen Potions class a million times but I guess we could see it again. There’s also slytherin common room, and the room of lost things (not likely) and the rest of the tasks from the first film. 

I would imagine there will be more rock work with the locations you mentioned. This means we can now have the Viaduct, Stone Bridge, Wooden Bridge and Suspension Bridge as well as the Boat House with some degree of levels. 

I think the RoR would work well in it's Room of Lost Things guise as a basement level as I don't believe you can see windows there. The same goes I think for the Hideout Room with Arianna's portrait. 

I'd also add Snape's Office to your list. 

Edited by Seaber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, puttingstickersonisintense said:

Neville must have a shoulder length hairpiece if he is the GOF version, maybe Frodo's hairpiece would work? (Also will he reuse the face he has in the astronomy tower set or a new one?)

51439498084_474113bcea.jpg

Looks pretty funny! Not sure if it's too goofy even for Neville (I know, I can't believe I said that either), it's growing on me though!

Edited by drewdotexe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like nobody learnt anything from this year. The wish list have already started with very desirable sets. The speculations are way too good. Think we should tone down the expectations, instead of preparing our disappointment a year in advance. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Feels like nobody learnt anything from this year. The wish list have already started with very desirable sets. The speculations are way too good. Think we should tone down the expectations, instead of preparing our disappointment a year in advance. Lol.

To be fair, Lego tends to "remake" a lot of the classic HP sets. The 2021 wave had some classic PS and CoS sets recreated, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw for example the Shrieking Shack and the 2nd Task next year. This year was after all disappointing due to the soft reboot which shouldn't hinder the chances of getting classic PoA and GoF sets. Of course we'll probably get some stinkers as well... Trying to be optimistic while desperately holding out for Gringott's in the far future.

Edited by thenudeorganist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

To be fair, Lego tends to "remake" a lot of the classic HP sets. The 2021 wave had some classic PS and CoS sets recreated, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw for example the Shrieking Shack and the 2nd Task next year. This year was after all disappointing due to the soft reboot which shouldn't hinder the chances of getting classic PoA and GoF sets. Of course we'll probably get some stinkers as well... Trying to be optimistic while desperately holding out for Gringott's in the far future.

I know! Its just worrying. Peoples predictions got me so excited this year, then the reveals were worse, and in hand worse again. Figures were great, but every set other than Hogsmeade got taken apart.I kind of liked the inside of Hogwarts Castle, but it was just not something nice to display. Just a long thin line that looked terrible alongside everything else I have on display.

Hope things pick up this year, but we shall wait and see.

I will admit though, Madame Pomfrey is a step in the right direction. If we get Rita Skeeter, I will be very satisfied.

Edited by chris6507

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I know! Its just worrying. Peoples predictions got me so excited this year, then the reveals were worse, and in hand worse again. Figures were great, but every set other than Hogsmeade got taken apart.I kind of liked the inside of Hogwarts Castle, but it was just not something nice to display. Just a long thin line that looked terrible alongside everything else I have on display.

Hope things pick up this year, but we shall wait and see.

I will admit though, Madame Pomfrey is a step in the right direction. If we get Rita Skeeter, I will be very satisfied.

I understand your concerns, I just hope LEGO throw us a few new minifigures with each wave and I'll be happy considering we're in Year 4 of the theme's revival now. They clearly know about the minor characters existence so they might just be holding onto some such as Rita Skeeter for guaranteed sales among the collector market.

I don't think we'll be getting a solid wave of PoA/GoF sets, LEGO have shown that they like to mix things up now with the Icons/Giant Harry+Hermione/Mosaic, so no doubt there will be some stinkers. That said I like the creativity of thinking of sets that fit with LEGO's strategy, some of the ideas are exciting...

But yes we should keep expectations low. I'll throw my two cents in though. Brick-built Dobby, anyone?

Edited by drewdotexe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now