Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Legofania said:

I remember promobricks saying somewhere in the comments that they got it wrong and it's actually middle-legs

Yep, there's a pinned comment on falconfan's post 

Thanks @Legofania, that's good to know!

We're slowly racking up the number of Neville's since the 2018 restart, we've got 2xHerbology Neville (short and mid legs), 2x Gryffindor robes Neville (short and mid legs), Slug club party Neville and now a 6th one - although I feel like this Neville could be very similar if not identical to the latest CMF one.  It will also be interesting to see whether Hermione gets the (superior imo) CMF faceprint rather than the one previously used for books 3 onwards.

Another insignificant consideration is whether Moody will still have tan coloured hair - I think the CMF hairpiece was perfect but it's the only 2018+ HP to have tan hair I think even when it would have been a more appropriate choice for many figures (e.g. Malfoys).  Lego obviously prefers to use brighter colours where possible but hopefully not with the new Moody figure.

9 minutes ago, Seaber said:

10000 replies in this thread now! 

Has anyone picked up the Hermione Polybag?

No, I haven't - safe to say this is by far the most exciting polybag and will be the first one I make sure to pick up.  I feel like polybags are scarcer in the UK than the US, don't think I've ever seen one anywhere here before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Yope said:

Thanks @Legofania, that's good to know!

We're slowly racking up the number of Neville's since the 2018 restart, we've got 2xHerbology Neville (short and mid legs), 2x Gryffindor robes Neville (short and mid legs), Slug club party Neville and now a 6th one - although I feel like this Neville could be very similar if not identical to the latest CMF one.  It will also be interesting to see whether Hermione gets the (superior imo) CMF faceprint rather than the one previously used for books 3 onwards.

Another insignificant consideration is whether Moody will still have tan coloured hair - I think the CMF hairpiece was perfect but it's the only 2018+ HP to have tan hair I think even when it would have been a more appropriate choice for many figures (e.g. Malfoys).  Lego obviously prefers to use brighter colours where possible but hopefully not with the new Moody figure.

No, I haven't - safe to say this is by far the most exciting polybag and will be the first one I make sure to pick up.  I feel like polybags are scarcer in the UK than the US, don't think I've ever seen one anywhere here before.

Yeah I've not found them here either, admittedly I've not looked too hard in the past though!

I was thinking about Moody the other day, I'd like to see one of the darker blond colours for his hair piece, also a second Moody expression rather than Barry Crouch Jnr. 

I believe were currently up to 14 variants of the Gryffindor uniform, not including Quidditch, or herbology, since this line started in 2018. It'll be interesting to see what version we get in the moments sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Yeah I've not found them here either, admittedly I've not looked too hard in the past though!

I was thinking about Moody the other day, I'd like to see one of the darker blond colours for his hair piece, also a second Moody expression rather than Barry Crouch Jnr. 

I believe were currently up to 14 variants of the Gryffindor uniform, not including Quidditch, or herbology, since this line started in 2018. It'll be interesting to see what version we get in the moments sets. 

14, wow!  That seems crazy, let me think, there's:

 1. Original jumper

 2-4. CMF series 1 trio with robes

 5. CMF Dean with scarf

 6. Advent calendar Hermione with scarf

 7. Buildable Hedwig Harry with scarf

 8. Moments jumper with shield

 9. CMF Neville robes

 10-11. Harry/Hermione cardigans

 12. Diagon Alley robes closed all the way up

 13-14. 2021 robes fastened and unfastened

You're right - that's loads!  Plus Quidditch, Herbology, Triwizard tournament, Anniversary sets.  The other houses have far fewer, Slytherin has 4 (original jumper, jumper with shield, Astronomy tower open robes, fastened robes) plus Tom Riddle torsos, Ravenclaw has 4 (original jumper - technically two of these as CMF Cho was slightly different, jumper with shield, Luna cardigan, robes), Hufflepuff has 2 (jumper and robes).

I'd really like to see some of the other house robes with scarves - think that would add a lot of colour to a band of students walking about Hogwarts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Has anyone picked up the Hermione Polybag?

Goodness knows I've tried, and I say that as someone who hates shopping. The lego store didn't have it when I was there. Smyths didn't, nor did the other department stores... One of the local drugstores theoretically does, but never when I'm there. They've had (at least) two shipments of them, and been completely cleaned out both times I arrived not long after. :cry2: It's been frustrating. 

They have tons of Harry polybags though. They seem to be having trouble communicating to their person in charge of ordering that Hermione is the queen (yaaass), and for once they need to keep more of her in stock than St. Potter. :tongue: (Tbf, he's been around for over a year, eventually the market is saturated.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally some spare time to write down my 2 cents about new info :laugh:

1) Moments Set: non really interested in. Nice that new collectors can obtain two rare charachters like Moody and Trelawney. Strange, in my opinion, the choose of Moody... I think Remus is more appreciate than Alastor, but maybe this is just my idea :iamded_lol:  Who knows, maybe LEGO did this choise cause Remus will appear in the next summer wave (Shrieking Shack + Whomping Willow wolf variant?)... Not so good, but I know there wasn't a real choise, students selection: too much Gryffindor torsos! Already having Moody and Trelawney, this two sets won't be a day-one-full-price buy. My heart tears, not so much my wallet :iamded_lol:

2) Hospital Wing: finally Pomfrey :wub: my personal Hogwarts staff will be almost done, so I hope they'll give us a very good minifigure. And I hope also in a good set too, to be added to my New Style Hogwarts.

3) Hogwarts Suitcase: I'm really curious about it, but cannot say anything more till January. Maybe a must-buy, maybe not.

So 2022 will start with 2 PoA sets (Divination class and Hospital Wings), 1 GoF set (DADA class) and 1 generic set (Hogwarts suitcase). Considering that this year Lego explored from PS to PoA, I won't be suprised seeing PoA and GoF sets the next summer (and we already said what sets we wann see :wink:). Who knows, maybe 2023 we will finally see one or two DH set...

And about the "too dark" LEGO argument against DH... I think that, yes, as a whole, Harry Potter serie become darker with the last books and movies... in my opinion, from PS to PoA everything is more "childish". GoF is on the edge, cause for the first time we and Harry see live "good and fair" characthers suffering and dieing (Cedric, his parents...) and no, there isn't a Dumbledore that save you and bring you in the Hospital Wing (PS), no mandragor juice or phoenix tears that save everyone (cats, ghosts, humans) (CoS), no time turner (PoA). Everyone knows OoP and HBP and how they end. Harry and the entire serie with him grow and became adult. And adult world, even for an AFOL, is not kid world: not everything can be adjust with a Reparo, evil does exist and there's no black&white, you cannot hide and being protected by James, Lily, Sirius, Dumbledore... you take decisions, with consequences, and you have to take responsibilities. And movies, particularly DH, in my opinion, well represents this evolution.

I share what @Seaber write before me: "There is far less wonder in them [DH films] than the other films and very few light hearted moments" and "I'm sure we will get DH sets at some point, but not in the numbers of the earlier films".

And trying to see the future with my blurred crystal sphere :snicker: and through my closed inner eye :snicker: I say: Harry and Hagrid on the motorbike, Tent, Gringotts and Final Battle. 

Ok, that's all. And I've written really a lot!  :snicker:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yope said:

... 

I'd really like to see some of the other house robes with scarves - think that would add a lot of colour to a band of students walking about Hogwarts.

 

Yup, that's all of em! 

My guess is they'll include four robes with scarves in the trunk set for what sounds like the student you can create. My guess is they'll be wearing gloves (say dark red, dark green, dark blue and dark orange) to allow a variety of head piece colours without switching hands, and so scarves naturally go with gloves. 

Maybe four double sided heads in light nougat, nougat, medium nougat, and reddish brown faces with one male and one female side? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw... if they just want to make sets of the first couple of movies because it's more kid friendly... WHERE is our Gringrots from the first movie???? :D

Edited by ???theriddler???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Btw... if they just want to make sets of the first couple of movies because it's more kid friendly... WHERE is our Gringrots from the first movie???? :D

In the advent calendar. :iamded_lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2021 at 7:22 PM, Textorix said:

I agree with you on this one. 2021 sets even improved connectivity of 2018-2020 sets by simply adding more volume to it so it doesnt look like long line of random towers. That is why I made my own model in studio where I put them togather but I really dont know where I am gonna put some cheap looking Clock Tower... 

VrugLEp.jpg

Hello,

First of all, well done, your ensemble is magnificent, this is the first time that I have seen one that is not linear ...

A simple question, I am annoyed by the green roofs ...

Where did you find pieces like this one in "Dark gray"?
https://www.briquestore.fr/fr/rond/24549-lego-6351403-design-brick-2x2x3-cone-sand-green.html
Impossible to find that on the internet ...
If anyone else even knows where to find this ...

Thank you to everyone here on this subject for your ideas and your rumors, I have been reading you for 2 years.

The best, from France, sorry for my English

Regards,
Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

here did you find pieces like this one in "Dark gray"?
https://www.briquestore.fr/fr/rond/24549-lego-6351403-design-brick-2x2x3-cone-sand-green.html
Impossible to find that on the internet ...
If anyone else even knows where to find this ...

It doesn't exist in Dark Gray yet. The picture you've quote'd is a digital image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mark1991t said:

It doesn't exist in Dark Gray yet. The picture you've quote'd is a digital image.

Oh... Ok i think it was real.. 

Future set will be green like 20th years ?...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

A simple question, I am annoyed by the green roofs ...

Where did you find pieces like this one in "Dark gray"?
https://www.briquestore.fr/fr/rond/24549-lego-6351403-design-brick-2x2x3-cone-sand-green.html
Impossible to find that on the internet ...
If anyone else even knows where to find this ...

Hey, Paul. That piece doesn't exist in dark grey, it's available in flat silver from two 2017 sets and sand green from the HP 2021 line. (The picture you're looking at is a render of a digital model.)

You can find some of the pieces to swap out on the lego bricks and pieces, for example in the parts to the Great Hall. (It won't let me use the direct link, so select country and enter 75954 for the set number, and you can order the matching roof parts directly from lego, or try bricklink.)   

 

@deskp had also done an angled build that I really like that managed to incorporate some height and the bridge. You sound like you might like that, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't been told if there are roofs yet, but we know it is an add-on to last years sets, so if there are roofs, those will be green.

@Spinozartre

Edited by mark1991t
answer to Spinozartre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi @krimimimi

A very big thank you to you for this precise answer.

For the construction of @deskp, it is superb ...

But I imagine that you have to have additional parts to be able to make the bridge? Nothing that is not the modification of an existing set?

It's really terrible to have changed the roofs of the sets like that, it's incomprehensible.

Why do this right in the middle of the range? We can no longer put our 2018-2020 sets with those post-2021 ...

Edited by Spinozartre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

 

Hi @krimimimi

A very big thank you to you for this precise answer.

For the construction of @deskp, it is superb ...

But I imagine that you have to have additional parts to be able to make the bridge? Nothing that is not the modification of an existing set?

It's really terrible to have changed the roofs of the sets like that, it's incomprehensible.

Why do this right in the middle of the range? We can no longer put our 2018-2020 sets with those post-2021 ...

You're welcome. :classic:

Yes, it's a digital MOC as well, so there are additional parts, like all the sloped grey pieces that make it look like it's sitting on a little cliff. Making a digital model can help you plan the pieces you will need to get to build it from what you have. That really helps you save on shipping. 

> Why do this right in the middle of the range?

The problem is the designers have said this isn't the middle of the series, but that 2021 represents a "soft reboot", so we're sort of back at the beginning again. If you look at the earlier series of HP lego, they redid things, too, and rather frequently. (There've been seven different Hogwarts castles over the last 20 years, three in the last four alone.) We've already seen our second Great Hall since 2018, and this winter we'll get our second Clock Tower, so I guess it made sense to them to change the look some more to make it seem less like a re-hash. But even without the green roofs, it was always going to be difficult to display them together, because (@Textorix model notwithstanding) it's kind of difficult to make sense of a display with multiple variants of the same builds.

Other than that, the designers have also said they felt they'd covered pretty much all the iconic locations in Hogwarts, so we weren't likely to see things like the Bell Towers anyway, regardless of roof colour. (I'm still hoping for a bridge set like the 2011 (battle of) Hogwarts set.)  But if you're interested in trying to build your own missing buildings, our @Micmac had posted some plans with parts list on rebrickable, and there are plenty of HP MOCs here on Eurobricks to give you ideas. 

Edited by krimimimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone in the USA figured out how to (locally) get that Student Desk polybag?

Driving me mad…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, long time lurker and collector of Potter sets, big fan of them returning in 2018 blah blah...

Anyway I had some ideas/predictions on some of new figs just to start up a discussion

 

I'm thinking maybe there will be new Moments uniform torsos for the students, with the black robes

Neville must have a shoulder length hairpiece if he is the GOF version, maybe Frodo's hairpiece would work? (Also will he reuse the face he has in the astronomy tower set or a new one?)

Hermione will probs have the same hairpiece she uses in her POA appearances in that Moments set too

I'm hoping Harry, Hermione and Ron have new expressions in the Hospital Wing set, probs asking too much but it would be cool getting new face prints for the older versions of them

Maybe Ron will have a moulded white leg or a printed white leg to represent bandages

The time turner should be a new print on a round tile so we get a new version of Hermione with a plain pink hoodie, similar to the square tile print for Jack Sparrow's compass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, puttingstickersonisintense said:

Hello, long time lurker and collector of Potter sets, big fan of them returning in 2018 blah blah...

Anyway I had some ideas/predictions on some of new figs just to start up a discussion

 

I'm thinking maybe there will be new Moments uniform torsos for the students, with the black robes

Neville must have a shoulder length hairpiece if he is the GOF version, maybe Frodo's hairpiece would work? (Also will he reuse the face he has in the astronomy tower set or a new one?)

Hermione will probs have the same hairpiece she uses in her POA appearances in that Moments set too

I'm hoping Harry, Hermione and Ron have new expressions in the Hospital Wing set, probs asking too much but it would be cool getting new face prints for the older versions of them

Maybe Ron will have a moulded white leg or a printed white leg to represent bandages

The time turner should be a new print on a round tile so we get a new version of Hermione with a plain pink hoodie, similar to the square tile print for Jack Sparrow's compass

Welcome to the forum!

I hadn't thought about Neville getting a new hairpiece but I think you might be right, I wouldn't be surprised if the Frodo hairpiece has been discontinued but I think a dark brown version of Ron's hair (CMF series 2/Astronomy tower) might work pretty well.

I think you're right about Hermione having the same hairpiece as before but think we'll get her new CMF series 2 face print in both sets - I think Neville will use his CMF series 2 faceprint too.  As for Harry and Ron, we'd be lucky!

We'll hopefully get a new Parvati faceprint without jewellery, this would also be a good opportunity for LEGO to give a new faceprint for a less common skin tone.

It would be nice to get the time turner as a printed round tile or even as a printed medal piece.  As far as I'm concerned though, all the budget in that set can go to a new dual moulded hair/hat combo, new faceprints, new torso prints and new dress prints for Madam Pomfrey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spinozartre said:

Hello,

First of all, well done, your ensemble is magnificent, this is the first time that I have seen one that is not linear ...

A simple question, I am annoyed by the green roofs ...

Where did you find pieces like this one in "Dark gray"?
https://www.briquestore.fr/fr/rond/24549-lego-6351403-design-brick-2x2x3-cone-sand-green.html
Impossible to find that on the internet ...
If anyone else even knows where to find this ...

Thank you to everyone here on this subject for your ideas and your rumors, I have been reading you for 2 years.

The best, from France, sorry for my English

Regards,
Paul

Thank you man, I appreciate your opinion on my layout model. As other people said here, yes that piece doesnt exist in real Lego as this model was made in studio program. But that is not the issue as you can just use regular cone piece (3942c) to replace it which is what I am gonna do. Btw I am still missing like 2 sets to complete this layout in real Lego but when I do I will definetely post pictures here.

Edited by Textorix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spinozartre said:

 

It's really terrible to have changed the roofs of the sets like that, it's incomprehensible.

Why do this right in the middle of the range? We can no longer put our 2018-2020 sets with those post-2021 ...

Yeah man I dont like doing modifications to official sets so that is why the only thing I changed is roof colour. I think 2021 sets match with 2018-2020 sets pretty well if you get rid of sand green. What I am worried about is leak info about Hospital Wing/Clock Tower coming in winter because I have no idea how it will work with my layout so it stays at least a little accurate but I will try to do something with it when we get official pictures.

Edited by Textorix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.