Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

For me, that made the CoS even worse. I can skip remakes, but when they cover something new, then it becomes more difficult. Hogwarts Express? I don't need another. But they'll do something cynical like including Hogsmeade Station, and then it won't be quite such an easy pass anymore. 

My hope is we just see Hogsmeade station(I mean, it worked in the WV). Because I have no interest in another HE. It would have to be a major improvement. And I added two cars to mine, so it would have to really be worth it. 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I absolutely hated how last year they distributed those two movies. OoTP got 2 sets, for 20€ and 30€, while HBP also got 2 sets, but both were 100€. 

I mean like what the hell, that's terrible, the price ratio was 1:4. HBP is my favourite book (and funnily enough my least favourite movie), but I don't want to get a 100€ set, so I ended up with 2 OoTP sets. Which by the way were amazing. They could've switched the Hogwarts expansions - the Astronomy Tower would still be the same, but with DA rooms and without Slughorn's party elements, while the 20€ could be whatever (Inferni cave would be dope).

Those movies also still have a lot of set potential - MoM from OoTP, Inferni cave, Grimmauld Place (wouldn't have to be a huge modular set) etc. Most of the time they are set in the Castle tho, so that's where most of the potential lies.

Years ago I said a Grimmauld Place in the vein of the Sanctum Sanctorum set would work fine. A 16x32 build & a great selection of minifigs all for $99, yes please!:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

My hope is we just see Hogsmeade station(I mean, it worked in the WV). Because I have no interest in another HE. It would have to be a major improvement. And I added two cars to mine, so it would have to really be worth it. 

Years ago I said a Grimmauld Place in the vein of the Sanctum Sanctorum set would work fine. A 16x32 build & a great selection of minifigs all for $99, yes please!:laugh:

I still think they'd make more money if they bumped it up to 150 to 200 and made it compatible with the regular modular sets. Non-HP fans who have cities would buy this easily to adapt and put in their city. Either 99 or 200, I'd buy it DAY ONE. If 99, probably 2 :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who has collected a complete collection of wizard cards? How many sets did you buy for this and which ones? Maybe who knows in which sets Helga Hufflepuff, Severus Snape, Jocunda Sykes and Nicholas Flamel are more often found?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Primo said:

Who has collected a complete collection of wizard cards? How many sets did you buy for this and which ones? Maybe who knows in which sets Helga Hufflepuff, Severus Snape, Jocunda Sykes and Nicholas Flamel are more often found?

I've not completed mine yet as I still need Maxime and Picquery. @BrickBob Studpants has a full collection, but he cheated and bought the ones he needed. :tongue:

The tiles are meant to be totally random, but I can confirm that Helga Hufflepuff will be in any set I buy. :laugh_hard:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

@BrickBob Studpants has a full collection, but he cheated and bought the ones he needed. :tongue:

Hehe, guilty as charged :laugh: Thing is, I wouldn‘t have succeeded otherwise. The polybag was a dud, and so the AC is the only set left. I was missing 6 tiles and the AC only includes 2, so even if I had gotten lucky, I still would have had to bricklink the rest of them :tongue:

As I‘ve said before, it‘s a mystery to me why the D2C set doesn‘t include any. It‘s the only anniversary set that doesn‘t :shrug_confused: If it featured like 10 or so, I might have been to able to complete the collection without resorting to cheating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I've not completed mine yet as I still need Maxime and Picquery. @BrickBob Studpants has a full collection, but he cheated and bought the ones he needed. :tongue:

The tiles are meant to be totally random, but I can confirm that Helga Hufflepuff will be in any set I buy. :laugh_hard:

Wow. It seemed to me Madame Maxim is not a rare card. I got three of them in 76389.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, El Primo said:

Who has collected a complete collection of wizard cards? How many sets did you buy for this and which ones? Maybe who knows in which sets Helga Hufflepuff, Severus Snape, Jocunda Sykes and Nicholas Flamel are more often found?

I have a complete collection. Only bought the sets in the wave once and 4 Hermione polybags to get the last remaining 4 cards I was missing. The back of the polybag has a see-through window so you can see exactly which card is in it if you tilt it slightly from side to side till the card is visible. Got silver Dumbledore, Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor and Helga Hufflepuff that way. In the sets I did get some duplicates like 3 Snapes...

 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

 The polybag was a dud, and so the AC is the only set left. I was missing 6 tiles and the AC only includes 2, so even if I had gotten lucky, I still would have had to bricklink the rest of them :tongue:

Why was the polybag a "dud" for you? Do they not sell it in Switzerland?

Also I can confirm that all 16 cards are distributed in the polybags. The store I bought these from had a freshly delivered box full of them and while I was searching for the ones I was missing, I saw all 16 characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I still think they'd make more money if they bumped it up to 150 to 200 and made it compatible with the regular modular sets. Non-HP fans who have cities would buy this easily to adapt and put in their city. Either 99 or 200, I'd buy it DAY ONE. If 99, probably 2 :P 

It's exciting for Potter fans for sure but the exterior of Grimmauld place is incredibly dull and boring so I doubt many non-HP fans would get excited for it, especially when it's $200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Metanoios said:

I have a complete collection. Only bought the sets in the wave once and 4 Hermione polybags to get the last remaining 4 cards I was missing. The back of the polybag has a see-through window so you can see exactly which card is in it if you tilt it slightly from side to side till the card is visible. Got silver Dumbledore, Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor and Helga Hufflepuff that way. In the sets I did get some duplicates like 3 Snapes...

 

Why was the polybag a "dud" for you? Do they not sell it in Switzerland?

Also I can confirm that all 16 cards are distributed in the polybags. The store I bought these from had a freshly delivered box full of them and while I was searching for the ones I was missing, I saw all 16 characters.

This polybag went on sale not yet in all countries. Can anyone know whether this polybag will be sold in the online LEGO Shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hehe, guilty as charged :laugh: Thing is, I wouldn‘t have succeeded otherwise. The polybag was a dud, and so the AC is the only set left. I was missing 6 tiles and the AC only includes 2, so even if I had gotten lucky, I still would have had to bricklink the rest of them :tongue:

As I‘ve said before, it‘s a mystery to me why the D2C set doesn‘t include any. It‘s the only anniversary set that doesn‘t :shrug_confused: If it featured like 10 or so, I might have been to able to complete the collection without resorting to cheating

I don't blame you for a second. :tongue: I'm going to wait and see what the AC gives me and then I'll likely do the same. I've no idea where the polybag is/will be available in the UK, but as I don't have any Lego or toy stores near me that's a dud for me too unless it's at a supermarket.

The D2C is obviously too much of a premium product to be involved in such randomness. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Metanoios said:

Why was the polybag a "dud" for you? Do they not sell it in Switzerland?

I bought it on bricklink, so I didn‘t know beforehand which tile it would include :laugh: Asking the seller could have been an option, but I didn’t want to bother them with a request like that.

The polybag should be available at a specific retailer in Switzerland that carries a lot of different polybags, but my local branch’s toy isle is almost non-existant, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it’s interesting how both flitwick and griphook have one face in the cmf but in their respective calendars they have two 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I still think they'd make more money if they bumped it up to 150 to 200 and made it compatible with the regular modular sets. Non-HP fans who have cities would buy this easily to adapt and put in their city. Either 99 or 200, I'd buy it DAY ONE. If 99, probably 2 :P 

$150 would be better for sure, & a perfect price in my mind. I feel like the height of the Sanctum set was a bit small when comparing it to Grimmauld Place. Although the Sanctum had two facades to contend with, so even at $99 & 1000 parts they could probably make a decent one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dyl-and said:

it’s interesting how both flitwick and griphook have one face in the cmf but in their respective calendars they have two 

Warwick Davis has reduced his appearance fee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2021 at 4:46 PM, Clone OPatra said:

So, that line is your definitive iteration because it kind of nodded to all of the films (at a stretch)? Despite having (for the most part) non-specific character designs and lacking heaps of the stuff that LEGO gave us from 18-20?

At the time, I loved what LEGO did from 2010-11, but compared to 18-20, nah. Them not finishing it out with DH material at this point in time doesn't undercut the brilliant wealth of stuff they have given us: so many accurate character designs, new characters and places they never covered before, pretty much all of the important faculty of Hogwarts, beautifully done Hogwarts sections, etc. etc.

If your criteria for definitive is based on which era has more specific minifigures and more new moulds then great. My criteria for definitive is which covers the story as whole better and which condensed the story into its number and size of sets better.  The 2010 line condensed the story into 10 sets and they're all well chosen. There are changes I would make (like replacing Ernie Prang with the Grim and Sirius Black or replacing Filch and the statue room with Umbridge and her office) but they're all relatively minor minifigure swaps with the occasional Hogwarts room change. The 2018 line had 18 sets (one of which was $400), 2 advent calendars, 2 minifigure series, and a bricktober pack. Not only does it not cover all of the major elements the 2010 line did (Gringotts, Battle of Hogwarts) but it also misses other things that I would expect from a line this size like the Ministry of Magic and trio's tent. 
 

There were plenty of good decisions made for an iteration of HP the size of the 2018 one (having characters age, including all four houses, representing the Triwizad tournament, including plenty of teachers) but there were also some questionable or even bad decisions (making the BB carriage but no sets from DH, including everything from scribbulus to F&B in the DA set in favor of Gringotts) and let's not even talk about the strange choices in Hogwarts' interior. 
 

I don't really have the time or energy right now to make one myself but I'm sure someone here could put together a list of 18 sets, 2 ACs, and 36 additional minifigures that would cover the series better than the 2018 iteration did. 

On 8/25/2021 at 10:58 AM, Prometheus87 said:

“Our IP partner was also keen to include a wand in the anniversary celebration set, so the original sketch included a couple of books, a few potion bottles, a wand and Harry’s glasses, as well as a trio of golden minifigures: Dumbledore, McGonagall and Hagrid,” Marcos adds.

This seems to suggest that it was WB that ultimately nixed a D2C of Gringotts since they wanted some wand element involved, given how everyone viewed this set as an "anniversary celebration set". 

This is incredibly interesting stuff. I wonder how many of the decisions being made right now are down to WB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dyl-and said:

it’s interesting how both flitwick and griphook have one face in the cmf but in their respective calendars they have two 

My Question is if they'll give us Sets to place the Griphook Figures.Griphook in the Seaside Cottage at the Opening of DH2 is one of my Favorite Scenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scuhro52 said:

My Question is if they'll give us Sets to place the Griphook Figures.Griphook in the Seaside Cottage at the Opening of DH2 is one of my Favorite Scenes.

I don't think Lego sees a Harry Potter Seaside Cottage as a potential set, but who knows :laugh_hard:

I think Gringotts is the only likely option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

My criteria for definitive is which covers the story as whole better and which condensed the story into its number and size of sets better.  

The 2010/11 line has a GoF and OotP - shaped hole in it and only one set based on PoA, which automatically disqualifies it from being the „definitive“ iteration in my book :tongue: Plus, some of the sets are very non-specific in what they represent, which isn‘t helped by the fact that the minifigs always look the same, regardless of age. The same minifig representing CoS and DH Harry just doesn‘t work for me and bothered me quite a bit, even back then :shrug_oh_well: And the 4L bars were just horrible excuses for wands, but to be fair, that issue concerns all the lines prior to the current one.

I‘m completely honest here, as much as I liked the previous one, once I saw the 2018 GH at that year‘s toyfair, I immediately knew that this would be the best iteration yet. They‘ve put so much more effort into it compared to what they‘d done before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

If your criteria for definitive is based on which era has more specific minifigures and more new moulds then great. My criteria for definitive is which covers the story as whole better and which condensed the story into its number and size of sets better.  The 2010 line condensed the story into 10 sets and they're all well chosen.

I hear what you're saying about the set choices, but I can't agree that the 2010-11 line condensed the story "better" because one can't even enact a large part of the overall story given everything that's missing. For instance an incredibly important part of the first six instalments is the DADA teacher, or in 6 the fact that there's a different potions teacher. They're not some minor side characters but always central to the plot. How many were included in 2010-11? Snape and a badly designed Lupin. 2018-20? All of them (albeit one only in a massive set).

For your examples of important things 2010-11 did cover that 18-20 did not, there are also counterexamples of the opposite. 2010-11 had Gringotts but no Dursleys or Privet Drive for instance, which appear in far more scenes than Gringotts and play a larger role in Harry's story.

Yes the Battle of Hogwarts is the end of the series and very important, but 2010-11 pretty much entirely skipped Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix. So is kind of having the beginning and end parts (though there aren't really any clear Philosopher's Stone scenes in 10-11 either) of the story but skipping a lot of the middle your preference?

Within the 2018-20 lineup there are some questionable choices for sure and I by no means think it's perfect. The Beauxbatons Carriage, Room of Requirement and even really Grawp could have been swapped for more important scenes, though the latter has good stuff that needed to be included somewhere. But I don't get the logic that just because the 18-20 line could have been better and perhaps squandered some of its sets, that means that the 10-11 line which only barely represents material from some parts of the story is more definitive.

As for the Battle of Hogwarts stuff that the 10-11 line had which hasn't yet been remade, besides Narcissa Malfoy anyone can make their own comparable/better Battle of Hogwarts with the 18-20 sets. You don't need a bare-bones "exploding" bridge. Give the kids longer legs, set them up against the bad guys and Dementors, add some fire parts and you're good to go.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘m completely honest here, as much as I liked the previous one, once I saw the 2018 GH at that year‘s toyfair, I immediately knew that this would be the best iteration yet. They‘ve put so much more effort into it compared to what they‘d done before

Agreed. It was the overall look of the Great Hall and the inclusion of a Hufflepuff student that told me they were really getting serious about properly covering the world of Hogwarts and Harry Potter with a level of care and attention that had never been given before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The 2018 line had 18 sets (one of which was $400), 2 advent calendars, 2 minifigure series, and a bricktober pack. Not only does it not cover all of the major elements the 2010 line did (Gringotts, Battle of Hogwarts) but it also misses other things that I would expect from a line this size like the Ministry of Magic and trio's tent. 

You do realise that those 3 waves were based on only movies 1-6, not 7.1-7.2, right? 2018 was for PS and CoS, 2019 was for PoA and GoF, and 2020 was for OoTP and HBP.

That's like saying that you're upset that The Infinity Saga line from Marvel doesn't cover Black Widow or WandaVision....

You're also okay with an 18-sets line missing numbers of location, but you're somehow okay with a 10-sets line missing even more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what this whole discussion highlights is that Lego has never definitively covered the HP movies. Now at first that was understandable, considering that both Lego HP and even the HP brand in general were in their infancy so to speak. It feels strange to think now, but when the previous HP wave was released the films were just coming to an end. The books had obviously been around for a lot longer, but the films were fresher. 

Now, on the other hand, even the final film has been around for a decade, and the HP brand is cemented in the modern era with memorabilia often focusing on the later films and the darker Horcruxes etc just as much as the earlier films. Even Lego themselves is shouting out on their packaging that Lego HP has been around for 20 years. That's two whole decades. And even though Lego hasn't been producing sets for all that time, the gap between 2011 - 2018 provided a window for the not only the HP brand to grow and the later part of the story become more known, but also for Lego themselves to reflect on the franchise and not just ride the movie hype train, but to see and work with the bigger picture and franchise as a whole.

So considering all of that, there really does seem to be no reason why this wave should not be more definitive in it's coverage of the entire franchise and it would be a huge shame if it eventually doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past days I built 76392_Hogwarts Wizard's Chess. 

I really enjoyed building this set. What I like most was finding out how LEGO designers tried to realise a brick built version of a Wizard's Chess... and they managed to, in my opinion.

Building could be a bit repetitive, but having divided it with my brother, I didn't suffer so much :laugh:

Nice having Harry, Ron and Hermione in this variant outfits :thumbup:

Not so good when putting Ron on the horse, basically it seems like he's standing over the horse's back, not riding. And he's not simmetrycal over the horse. But putting Ron with just torso and head and adding a 1x2 black plate under him work fine for me to solve this :wink:

And I would have prefered 4x4 black and white tile for the chessboard, instead of 2x4 :thumbdown:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

And I would have prefered 4x4 black and white tile for the chessboard, instead of 2x4 :thumbdown:.

Plain 4x4 tiles don't exist so they would've had to make a new mold for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Plain 4x4 tiles don't exist so they would've had to make a new mold for that.

Yes, I know.

And I understand that making a new mold, maybe just for a set, wouldn't have been a good idea.

But there's nothing I can do to convince my eyes that 2x4 tiles work fine :iamded_lol:

Edited by BrickMatit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think that we should give up hope for a January 2022 wave now that there haven’t been any leaks, yet we already have leaks for pretty much every other themes’ January wave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.