Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Modal said:

LEGO: Adults Welcome, except the ones that are Harry Potter fans. 

Haha it’s very true!! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

In 2011 LEGO made a set for kids ages 6-12 based on a scene where Harry intentionally gets himself killed but now in the age of 18+ we can't get anything from the film aside from brickheads, 2 CMF figures, and a golden repaint of one of the CMF figures. 
 

What was the second figure (I remember Griphook)? Voldemort?

Edited by Brickroll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

In 2011 LEGO made a set for kids ages 6-12 based on a scene where Harry intentionally gets himself killed but now in the age of 18+ we can't get anything from the film aside from brickheads, 2 CMF figures, and a golden repaint of one of the CMF figures. 

 Skipping DH genuinely makes no sense to me. It's seems like a far better candidate for sets than HBP. There are so many potential sets that could be made. Did they really need to reboot the line now? It's not like they weren't able to make sets from past movies or remake parts of sets (Privet Drive did both). The Great Hall is the only remake in the wave and I think most kids would be able to go without a great hall for a year (there were 9 years between the first and second great hall sets).  The anniversary isn't much of an excuse either since only 3 of the sets are actually from the first movie (and even then the chess set feels more in line with the other buildable object sets than the minifigure scale sets). Why couldn't a few of this summer's sets be dedicated to DH?

I'm glad we finally do know that iteration of the theme is over though, 2 waves and 2D2Cs after it apparently ended. I feel bad for the kids and collectors who don't know this and will continue buying sets and hoping for DH sets next summer. 
 

I know that we're lucky to have been told what we have been but I still find "sneaking in" DH stuff incredibly vague. It could mean anything from a couple sets in a wave otherwise unrelated to DH or a random detail on a sticker. 

 "our overall values are more in line with the first few movies where there is more magic..."

Yeah, i call baloney on the excuse that it doesn't go with anything. Evidence points to the contrary both within HP line and with Lego as a whole. 

How does the Death of Harry scene in the previous waves, the more recent Graveyard Duel set, or outside of HPthe Toy Story set where the entire set is based on burning every main character fit these "Values"n? 

How is destroying Horcrux's and combing all the lessons of the previous movies NOT the most magical aspect of the entire series? 

They are playing it safe in a world where risks can be rewarded. I worry Lego is learning the wrong lessons of their most recent success. 

Edited by Prometheus87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone recently bought the new Harry Potter sets and already had the updated version of the instructions in there without any errors in the collection tiles page or are those from the first batch still being sold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xcube said:

Has anyone recently bought the new Harry Potter sets and already had the updated version of the instructions in there without any errors in the collection tiles page or are those from the first batch still being sold?

I haven't yet. I bought Hogsmeade just recently but it showed the errors. I'll buy another one to MOC them twice as big once i see it on sale, but i suspect that won't be for months! I hope they update the instructions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Our overall values are more in line with the first movies where there’s more magic, and the universal theme of a wizarding school is more in line with our values.”

I love that their values are based around Harrys parents murder, abusive foster parents, bullying of kids, child murder of Myrtle in the second movie, Demonic possession of Quirell, Animal cruelty of the unicorn, Lucious trying to murder harry with the killing curse. Harrys story is dark throughout all the movies so this comment is bull really. They like doing sets with the kids doing magic school stuff maybe but you can only do so much sets with that. They must have feedback that kids really only watch the first few movies so they are basing the sets around scenes from them. Nothing to do with values and more to do with sales. And thats fine. If this wave doesn't sell as well we may get more sets that we prefer next year.

can't imagine Gringotts bank not being Deathly Hallows based or be like Diagon alley and have multiple scenes included. Same with Ministry of magic and Malfoy manor only appears in the last movies.

So we have gone from micro scale, mini figure scale to odd icons scale in the large sets.  Hopefully we go from icons set back to mini figure scale set next year and that is one of the above sets. I think the ministry would make a great long set like Diagon alley but just be interiors and not focus on the outside. 

I fell we are going to get remakes from now on as well. Everyone seems to think Hagrids hut will be done again but I'm happy with the last one. A whole new hut but with the dog and the dragon baby could be an easy skip for me and a bricklink parts purchase instead. 

Thats my rant anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

The anniversary isn't much of an excuse either since only 3 of the sets are actually from the first movie (and even then the chess set feels more in line with the other buildable object sets than the minifigure scale sets). Why couldn't a few of this summer's sets be dedicated to DH?

The anniversary is nothing more than a dumb excuse to do more PS and CoS sets, they have nothing to celebrate. They keep trying to reel us in with "oh it's the 20th anniversary of the theme" but the truth is that LEGO Harry Potter was as dead as Lilly and James for like half of those 2 decades. At least Star Wars and Ninjago's anniversaries both celebrated a consecutive amount of years.

4 hours ago, Brickroll said:

What was the second figure (I remember Griphook)? Voldemort?

Lilly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The 18+ line and accompanying "Adults Welcome" marketing is honestly one of the biggest jokes in LEGO's entire history. 

They managed to double the number if sets sold to AFOLs so I think Lego is laughing all the way to the bank (gringotts maybe :tongue:) of that joke :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Their comment on Deathly Hallows movies is the most stupid thing I have heard from the Lego in past few years. How can be someone that naive and think that kids only watched first 2 movies? How is that even possible? If someone is a fan then its like 99% chance he watched all HP movies. Also their pathetic argument about DH being too dark like cmon you made Rise of Voldermort or Duel on Mustafar set so stop with this BS. As Guyon said I find all this "anniversary stuff" only an excuse to make more sets based on first movies. I really hope they read comments of fan community and are thinking "uhmm maybe we should have made one or two waves based on DH movies so we will do one next year" or more likely they are like "Look at all this money theme is making, anniversary wave is absolute succes so lets make sets based on first movies for like another year or two" ....

Edited by Textorix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I finally have a chance to say…

Hold on, Deathly Hallow is too dark and too adult? Um ok? This is a stupid thing I have heard ever. I mean, children have watched dark scenes throughout Harry Potter movies. I mean…Harry had to battle against the terrifying giant snake? Harry had to deal with Voldemort-possessed Professor Quirrel whose body just crumbled to dust? Harry, Hermione and Ron went to the pub in Hogmeade pretty often? Umbridge forced Harry to write “I must not lie” in a torturous way? Children watched movie and read books. I don’t think there are any problem with children watching movies and reading books…?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

LEGO just wants to give kids a taste of the endless black void of depression that is adult life.

/s

And then there's Vidiyo just to balance everything out. :rofl:

 

On another topic, how's everyone doing with their chocolate frog card collection? I have enough Helga Hufflepuff to tile a bathroom, but can't seem to get a Maxime or Picquery.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

On another topic, how's everyone doing with their chocolate frog card collection? I have enough Helga Hufflepuff to tile a bathroom, but can't seem to get a Maxime or Picquery.

I can Imagine 7 Year old Me in Second Grade Trading with Friends to Complete my Collection.I have Tons of Rowena and Godric.

 

14 hours ago, Textorix said:

Their comment on Deathly Hallows movies is the most stupid thing I have heard from the Lego in past few years. How can be someone that naive and think that kids only watched first 2 movies? How is that even possible? If someone is a fan then its like 99% chance he watched all HP movies. Also their pathetic argument about DH being too dark like cmon you made Rise of Voldermort or Duel on Mustafar set so stop with this BS. As Guyon said I find all this "anniversary stuff" only an excuse to make more sets based on first movies. I really hope they read comments of fan community and are thinking "uhmm maybe we should have made one or two waves based on DH movies so we will do one next year" or more likely they are like "Look at all this money theme is making, anniversary wave is absolute succes so lets make sets based on first movies for like another year or two" ....

Maybe I'm just a Cynical and Edgy TFOL,but I like when Lego gets Dark.If they can do Samuel L. Jackson losing his Hand in Jurassic Park,Then they can do a Malfoy Manor Set.

Bonus Points if you Include Dobby.That'd be Incredibly Dark but Major respect for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scuhro52 said:

I can Imagine 7 Year old Me in Second Grade Trading with Friends to Complete my Collection.I have Tons of Rowena and Godric.

 

Maybe I'm just a Cynical and Edgy TFOL,but I like when Lego gets Dark.If they can do Samuel L. Jackson losing his Hand in Jurassic Park,Then they can do a Malfoy Manor Set.

Bonus Points if you Include Dobby.That'd be Incredibly Dark but Major respect for it.

You could always go a step further - They could make Shell Cottage Set with a morose Bill and Fleur Weasly and little cemetery on the sand hill. Include a random car and boom - instant best seller! :vader:

If they can make the genocide machine of the Infinity Gauntlet killing half the Universe, they can make sets from Deathly Hallows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

You could always go a step further - They could make Shell Cottage Set with a morose Bill and Fleur Weasly and little cemetery on the sand hill. Include a random car and boom - instant best seller! :vader:

If they can make the genocide machine of the Infinity Gauntlet killing half the Universe, they can make sets from Deathly Hallows. 

I could Totally see Lego making a Malfoy Manor set just Excluding Dobby and Maybe Wormtail,Though in the Movie his Death is more ambiguous,and That seems to be the Main Source Lately..

They Might also not want Bellatrix either,but then we Riot.I need an Updated Fig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

And then there's Vidiyo just to balance everything out. :rofl:

 

On another topic, how's everyone doing with their chocolate frog card collection? I have enough Helga Hufflepuff to tile a bathroom, but can't seem to get a Maxime or Picquery.

I got a bunch of Botts, probably enough to fill a box that his beans come in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I haven't yet. I bought Hogsmeade just recently but it showed the errors. I'll buy another one to MOC them twice as big once i see it on sale, but i suspect that won't be for months! I hope they update the instructions. 

ok thank you for the info. So I will wait a bit to buy the sets :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

And then there's Vidiyo just to balance everything out. :rofl:

 

On another topic, how's everyone doing with their chocolate frog card collection? I have enough Helga Hufflepuff to tile a bathroom, but can't seem to get a Maxime or Picquery.

Thanks to Micmac helping me with trading, we both completed our sets with a couple of dollars of postage stamps. 

 

2 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I got a bunch of Botts, probably enough to fill a box that his beans come in. 

Thats one of the ones I had to trade for! No wonder he was so ellusive! You have them all! :iamded_lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I got a bunch of Botts, probably enough to fill a box that his beans come in. 

:laugh: Weird how we all seem to get different multiples. I've got one Bott, but have duplicates of Snape, McGonagall, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Sykes.

7 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Thanks to Micmac helping me with trading, we both completed our sets with a couple of dollars of postage stamps. 

I'd like to do the same if possible although they are coming down a lot on Bricklink. If anybody in the UK has a Maxime or Picquery to trade and need any of the above then PM me. :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the 6 tiles I was missing on bricklink :tongue: Even if I got very lucky with the polybag and the AC, that obviously still wouldn't have been enough thanks to the D2C not including any, contrary to what I was expecting. Still wondering why as it would have been the perfect opportunity, especially considering the giant card that's part of the set. At least the prices on the secondary market are pretty reasonable now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the 6 tiles I was missing on bricklink :tongue: Even if I got very lucky with the polybag and the AC, that obviously still wouldn't have been enough thanks to the D2C not including any, contrary to what I was expecting. Still wondering why as it would have been the perfect opportunity, especially considering the giant card that's part of the set. At least the prices on the secondary market are pretty reasonable now

What did it end up costing you for the lot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

What did it end up costing you for the lot?

Rougly 7€ :classic: Definitely cheaper than buying multiple polybags :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

You could always go a step further - They could make Shell Cottage Set with a morose Bill and Fleur Weasly and little cemetery on the sand hill. Include a random car and boom - instant best seller! :vader:

If they can make the genocide machine of the Infinity Gauntlet killing half the Universe, they can make sets from Deathly Hallows. 

I mean I personally wouldn't mind limited Deathly Hallows sets as long as they replace them with quality, worthwhile sets from the other films as for me at least the PoA, OoTP and HBP seemed to get one or two sets each while the first two films get around five to seven apiece 

Edited by Ringwraith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

I mean I personally wouldn't mind limited Deathly Hallows sets as long as they replace them with quality, worthwhile sets from the other films as for me at least the PoA, OoTP and HBP seemed to get one or two sets each while the first two films get around five to seven apiece 

I think we have a tendency to see it that way, that the earlier films have so many more sets, without it being completely accurate. If you bought the 2018 Great Hall, I think the only things making it a first / second year set (PS, CoS) were the basilisk, Quirrel, Mirror of Erised and the short minifig legs, which isn't a substantial investment in parts, and yet the GH is a much needed starting point for your Hogwarts build. Any sets from subsequent years allow you to easily fix the leg and face issues, and just like that, it's updated. Likewise, Hagrid's hut and the Hogwarts Express wouldn't require much to change to update them, and even Privet Drive only suffers from the lack of an older Dudley that makes it a poorer stand in for later years. We don't really see much change in the adult characters.  

So I don't see the sets so much as PS & CoS builds as a Wizarding World starter kit. Moving forward, I'd appreciate more small sets that permitted us to update the existing sets on our own. For instance I'd much rather have a Forbidden Forest set with Fang, Harry and Malfoy and some trees than yet another Hagrid's hut (bonus points if they throw in a dead unicorn...) any time soon. A single car from the Express with Harry under his cloak and Luna coming to his rescue would extend our trains, as many have asked, without requiring a substantial investment. (And if they really want to make it larger, include the Hogsmeade Station, just don't needlessly keep covering the same ground.) Or instead of revisiting the Hogsmeade builds, how about some planks to shutter the windows and more wanted posters with grubby fugitive Harry, Hermione and Ron? (Or better yet, extending them with a couple more shops and extra planks.)

Edited by krimimimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2021 at 9:14 PM, Brickroll said:

What was the second figure (I remember Griphook)? Voldemort?

I meant wave 1 Voldemort, I completely forgot about ghost Lily since it's such a throwaway figure. I guess that means we have 3 DH CMF figures. If I only had three choices for DH CMF figures Lily definitely wouldn't have been on my list. 
 

On 8/21/2021 at 12:14 AM, Micmac said:

 

“Our overall values are more in line with the first movies where there’s more magic, and the universal theme of a wizarding school is more in line with our values.”

 

Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is that Hogwarts really wasn't a big part of the 2018-2020 line (as much as I wish it was, with how nice the sets we got were and how much I like the castle). Even excluding FB and non-minifigure scale sets Hogwarts is in less than a third of the 2018-2020 sets. Also I feel like LEGO is forgetting that Hogwarts was in DH. They could've easily made a standard Hogwarts set with all the "wizarding school" features and just thrown in a few relevant DH2 figures and an exploding features, it worked in 2011 and it would've worked in 2021. Plus if LEGO couldn't handle even doing that, they could've just made a castle set or two from the older movies and had the rest of the wave be DH focused. 
 

There is no reason that the reboot had to happen this year. We have no reason to believe that the 2018-20 line wasn't doing well and needed to be fixed. Even if it did, there's no reason they couldn't have also made some DH sets this year or just delayed a DH wave and make us all wait until next year like everyone speculated. Speaking of waiting, why did it take an entire year for us to learn this? We easily could've been told this when the Hogwarts Moments sets were announced. Why string everyone along for a full year (actually longer, since I'm sure most collectors and especially kids haven't seen this and will continue thinking there will be a DH wave next year as widely speculated). 
 

Now that we know the 2018 iteration of the theme is definitely complete, I can confidently say that the 2010-11 line remains the definitive iteration of the theme. The rest of the 2018 line being so extensive makes omissions like Gringotts and the last two films even incredibly bizarre when treating it like a complete collection. I'd really like to know how the line's reputation has changed with the 2021 reboot among kids, HP collectors, and general LEGO collectors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I'd really like to know how the line's reputation has changed with the 2021 reboot among kids, HP collectors, and general LEGO collectors. 

That would be an interesting thing to know for sure. I can only speak for myself ofc but for me 2021 is the year that violently kicked this theme off the pedestal it's been sitting on for the past 3 years. I've been trying my best to look at the future of this theme with an optimistic mindset but if this year is representative of what we'll get in the years to come I would've preferred it if they had just given us a Deathly Hallows wave and pulled the plug then and there.

Edited by lego_guyon02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.