Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

What would you guys think about a potential 2022 D2C being based on Fantastic Beasts? Like a $250 suitcase (interior, not the actual suitcase) from FB1 or the basement from Newt's apartment in CoG?

I'm fully aware that these movies aren't exactly universally loved but I for one would adore a set like this. Just imagine the sheer amount of magical creatures we could get :wub:

Wouldn't be head over heels for it personally. Don't have the same attachment to those movies for the exact reason you stated. Also not a huge fan of brick built creatures which is become quite prominent in the current line up. In saying that though I would 100% be more interested in your suggestion than that thing they are putting out this year.

I did really like the Newts suitcase part of the set, so i'd be more interested in the build moreso than the creatures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

What would you guys think about a potential 2022 D2C being based on Fantastic Beasts?

Meh. I enjoyed the first two movies and am excited for the third instalment, but wouldn’t really be in favour of a D2C set based on them. I’d definitely be on board for a $80-$100 set, but anything beyond that price point should be reserved for HP :laugh:

…unless we finally end up getting Gringotts and DH stuff, after that they can do whatever their hearts desire :grin:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they already made the suitcase and it didn't seem to sell all that well it isn't really something that would be of interest to me.  There are too many Harry Potter sets I'd much rather see get made.  If it were actually a room scene like Newt's basement that could possibly have potential.  Count me as another not liking all the ugly brick built creatures like what was in the previous suitcase, the new Fluffy, Basilisk from the Great Hall set.  For me to spend $250 on a set it has to be something I really like.  A bunch of blocky brick built creatures wouldn't even come close.  I'm more likely to get the new Icons set.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bricks and Pieces has the mullet piece (Design ID 24072) available in dark orange. It hasn't been released in any sets yet, but it would be perfect for Wormtail if you want a better hairpiece that matches his eyebrows. :classic:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Bricks and Pieces has the mullet piece (Design ID 24072) available in dark orange. It hasn't been released in any sets yet, but it would be perfect for Wormtail if you want a better hairpiece that matches his eyebrows. :classic:

 

Excellent information, thank you!  I have been on this forum for a year or so now and remember seeing a few times suggestions for better hair pieces for HP minifigures...does anyone by chance have a list or is there a you tube vid people are aware of that lists or summarises these so that I can make a little BnP order to improve some of my figures?  I have basically every HP set and minifigure there is with a whol room dedicated to the display so it is time for a new project and to start making them better!  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hm, I don't know of a list but it would be a good idea to have one. To get started I remember people suggesting Belle's hair (23955) for Yule Ball Hermione. Not sure if I ever saw a picture of what it looked like though. I have also been using Superman's hair (98726)  for Tom Riddle and Olivia's braided hair (35620) for Lavender. I've also seen Spooky Boy's hair on Tom, but I don't know if that has appeared outside of the CMF series.

Flashback Garmadon's hair would be good for older Draco, but you probably won't find that piece on BnP because it is from an older CMF. If you want something a little more blonde for Colin the Selfie Stunt Bike has his hairpiece in cool yellow. That set hasn't been released yet but I bet it will appear on BnP eventually. Chicken Stunt Bike also has a useful hairpiece in medium nougat but I don't know if that would fit a particular character.

I'm hoping we get Hermione's hair in dark orange sooner than later too for Molly. Generally I think that the HP line chooses good hairpieces though. Wormtail, Tom Riddle, Lavender, and Molly are the only four that I don't really care for. Oh, and Krum but that one's kind of tough to figure out.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

I'm hoping we get Hermione's hair in dark orange sooner than later too for Molly. 

We'll probably get that in the Jurassic World: Dominion sets next year, Claire's new haircut is fairly similar to the Year 1-2 Hermione piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

We'll probably get that in the Jurassic World: Dominion sets next year, Claire's new haircut is fairly similar to the Year 1-2 Hermione piece.

Good to hear. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Bricks and Pieces has the mullet piece (Design ID 24072) available in dark orange. It hasn't been released in any sets yet, but it would be perfect for Wormtail if you want a better hairpiece that matches his eyebrows. :classic:

That's weird :wacko: B&P doesn't list BAM pieces, does it? So where's that piece coming from, one of the Home Alone characters perhaps? Either way, good to know it finally exists in that colour :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked Harry Potter 2020 thread and I see 562 pages when it was dated Augu 19 last year. Today, it’s only 384 pages here. Shocking… (‘m sarcstic). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chrisincanada said:

I have been on this forum for a year or so now and remember seeing a few times suggestions for better hair pieces for HP minifigures...does anyone by chance have a list or is there a you tube vid people are aware of that lists or summarises these so that I can make a little BnP order to improve some of my figures?  I have basically every HP set and minifigure there is with a whol room dedicated to the display so it is time for a new project and to start making them better!  Thanks.

There's a thread dedicated to HP minifig mods, 

:classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Hm, I don't know of a list but it would be a good idea to have one. To get started I remember people suggesting Belle's hair (23955) for Yule Ball Hermione. Not sure if I ever saw a picture of what it looked like though. I have also been using Superman's hair (98726)  for Tom Riddle and Olivia's braided hair (35620) for Lavender. I've also seen Spooky Boy's hair on Tom, but I don't know if that has appeared outside of the CMF series.

Flashback Garmadon's hair would be good for older Draco, but you probably won't find that piece on BnP because it is from an older CMF. If you want something a little more blonde for Colin the Selfie Stunt Bike has his hairpiece in cool yellow. That set hasn't been released yet but I bet it will appear on BnP eventually. Chicken Stunt Bike also has a useful hairpiece in medium nougat but I don't know if that would fit a particular character.

I'm hoping we get Hermione's hair in dark orange sooner than later too for Molly. Generally I think that the HP line chooses good hairpieces though. Wormtail, Tom Riddle, Lavender, and Molly are the only four that I don't really care for. Oh, and Krum but that one's kind of tough to figure out.

Thank you! Glad I could start a little discussion. I remember something about purple hair for Tonks too and an alternative for Molly Weasley.

26 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

There's a thread dedicated to HP minifig mods, 

:classic:

Amazing, will check it out, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not sure if this the same interview with Marcos Bessa as before, but there are some additional tidbits about the lack of DH sets: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows/

So a DH wave was never on the table in the first place and this year was always considered to be a blank slate. The most important take-away other than that is that they may ‘sneak in’ some DH stuff, which is better than nothing :tongue: As I’ve said before, what I’d like to see the most out of DH is new variants/characters rather than locations, so them sneaking in DH content via a CMF series or something can still be satisfying :shrug_oh_well:

Either way, this spells doom for a certain someone in this thread, right @THELEGOBATMAN:devil:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure if this the same interview with Marcos Bessa as before, but there are some additional tidbits about the lack of DH sets: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows/

So a DH wave was never on the table in the first place and this year was always considered to be a blank slate. The most important take-away other than that is that they may ‘sneak in’ some DH stuff, which is better than nothing :tongue: As I’ve said before, what I’d like to see the most out of DH is new variants/characters rather than locations, so them sneaking in DH content via a CMF series or something can still be satisfying :shrug_oh_well:

Either way, this spells doom for a certain someone in this thread, right @THELEGOBATMAN:devil:

Long as we get A Forest of Dean set and a Weasley Wedding Tent, I'll be happy. Big battle set of some sort would be icing on the cake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure if this the same interview with Marcos Bessa as before, but there are some additional tidbits about the lack of DH sets: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows/

So a DH wave was never on the table in the first place and this year was always considered to be a blank slate. The most important take-away other than that is that they may ‘sneak in’ some DH stuff, which is better than nothing :tongue: As I’ve said before, what I’d like to see the most out of DH is new variants/characters rather than locations, so them sneaking in DH content via a CMF series or something can still be satisfying :shrug_oh_well:

Either way, this spells doom for a certain someone in this thread, right @THELEGOBATMAN:devil:

Oh fu- *snap of a hand being ripped off* :cry2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Lego: Deathly Hallows is aimed at an older audience so we don't really want to go there.

Also Lego: Packages sets based on children's books and shows in black boxes and sticks an 18+ logo on them.

Me: :wall:

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

LEGO: Adults Welcome, except the ones that are Harry Potter fans. 

Edited by Modal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No, the adults who are HP fans get sculptures of Hedwig on a pile of books. :tongue:

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Modal said:

LEGO: Adults Welcome, except the ones that are Harry Potter fans. 

Haha yes very true. :classic: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 18+ line and accompanying "Adults Welcome" marketing is honestly one of the biggest jokes in LEGO's entire history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how to react to this

Now it seems DH is "too adult" for TLG????????????????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But they do care about adults! Next year we’ll get a 5000 piece broomstick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Also Lego: Packages sets based on children's books and shows in black boxes and sticks an 18+ logo on them.

LEGO just wants to give kids a taste of the endless black void of depression that is adult life.

/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Lego: Deathly Hallows is aimed at an older audience so we don't really want to go there.

Also Lego: Packages sets based on children's books and shows in black boxes and sticks an 18+ logo on them.

Me: :wall:

 

3 hours ago, Modal said:

LEGO: Adults Welcome, except the ones that are Harry Potter fans. 

I really wonder if they are going to be looking at the first 18+ branded set and see if there are more they can make of Deathly Hallows. They are doing that with the Star Wars Gunship for Prequel sets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 2011 LEGO made a set for kids ages 6-12 based on a scene where Harry intentionally gets himself killed but now in the age of 18+ we can't get anything from the film aside from brickheads, 2 CMF figures, and a golden repaint of one of the CMF figures. 

Skipping DH genuinely makes no sense to me. It's seems like a far better candidate for sets than HBP. There are so many potential sets that could be made. Did they really need to reboot the line now? It's not like they weren't able to make sets from past movies or remake parts of sets (Privet Drive did both). The Great Hall is the only remake in the wave and I think most kids would be able to go without a great hall for a year (there were 9 years between the first and second great hall sets).  The anniversary isn't much of an excuse either since only 3 of the sets are actually from the first movie (and even then the chess set feels more in line with the other buildable object sets than the minifigure scale sets). Why couldn't a few of this summer's sets be dedicated to DH?

I'm glad we finally do know that iteration of the theme is over though, 2 waves and 2D2Cs after it apparently ended. I feel bad for the kids and collectors who don't know this and will continue buying sets and hoping for DH sets next summer. 
 

I know that we're lucky to have been told what we have been but I still find "sneaking in" DH stuff incredibly vague. It could mean anything from a couple sets in a wave otherwise unrelated to DH or a random detail on a sticker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.