Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, chris6507 said:

It's interesting, because last year when we were having a discussion on what potential sets could be made into a D2C set, I suggested a D2C Quidditch set and everyone seemed to think it was a terrible/boring idea. Not sure if people have changed their minds or that it just seems much more desirable than the awful D2C set that is coming out this year?

Nah, still heavily dislike that idea :head_back: I'd rather have three D2C sets like this year's opposed to a Quidditch D2C :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2021 at 8:05 PM, krimimimi said:

 Lupin's Classroom. Moody in some set or another. (Anyone have any ideas as to what scene?) They've never done the third task (mazes, hmm), but maybe a sphinx build?

When we got the bogart Snape in the Bricktober pack, it kinda crushed my hopes for a DADA classroom.

I did have the idea though that if they make anymore of the Book sets, they could do the DADA classroom and include the wardrobe where the bogart is, the record player, moody's/umbridge's chalkboard and other details, maybe one of the top sticker panels has the dragon skeleton.

 

As for the third task, we did kind of get it with the rise of Voldemort set, and we got the Cedric outfit from that taks in the cmf, so I don't really want to see them reused.

Plus I don't think Lego would put the sphinx in a set as it wasn't in the films.

Second task though, I hope Lego will do again, and maybe we can finally get Karkaroff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Not sure if people have changed their minds or that it just seems much more desirable than the awful D2C set that is coming out this year?

I'd take it over the Icons D2C any day of the week but it's still a pretty boring concept imo. Taking in mind the fact that such a Quidditch Pitch would have a massive footprint makes it an easy pass if it were to happen as there's no way I could ever find a place to put it.

Edited by lego_guyon02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love a full Quidditch Pitch, but I don't think it'd translate too well as a set. 

For example, do you have full teams? For every House, or just two? That's up to 28 minifigures, without Lee or any other spectators. Only two teams? People wouldn't like that. Three or four players for each team? People wouldn't like that. 

How many figures can sit in the towers? If it's more than one then the set would have to be substantially scaled up over the 2018 version. 

How detailed should the towers be? The 2018 set was sticker heavy, now imagine it being the towers being bigger and there being more than double the towers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

It's interesting, because last year when we were having a discussion on what potential sets could be made into a D2C set, I suggested a D2C Quidditch set and everyone seemed to think it was a terrible/boring idea. Not sure if people have changed their minds or that it just seems much more desirable than the awful D2C set that is coming out this year?

I certainly supported it as I want one too. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Nah, still heavily dislike that idea :head_back: I'd rather have three D2C sets like this year's opposed to a Quidditch D2C :tongue:

Are you being serious or sarcastic? Just from what I've learnt of you on the forum, I thought you would have hated the current D2C! Lol. I'm genuinely surprised that you like it! :iamded_lol:

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

I'd love a full Quidditch Pitch, but I don't think it'd translate too well as a set. 

For example, do you have full teams? For every House, or just two? That's up to 28 minifigures, without Lee or any other spectators. Only two teams? People wouldn't like that. Three or four players for each team? People wouldn't like that. 

How many figures can sit in the towers? If it's more than one then the set would have to be substantially scaled up over the 2018 version. 

How detailed should the towers be? The 2018 set was sticker heavy, now imagine it being the towers being bigger and there being more than double the towers. 

I suppose it wouldn't really need to come with spectators as it's not as if it couldn't be populated with figures from elsewhere. I suppose one of the easiest ways to sell a set such as this with a limited selection of characters could be something like "Gryffindor Quidditch Training". Could either just be the complete Gryffindor team or something like when Ron and others were trying out for the Quidditch team. Could include Cormac McClaggen and a few other applicants.

If something like this happened though it would have to be followed closely by the much desired quidditch accessory pack.

As for scale and build, not really my cup of tea. But i'm sure given that most sets aren't true minifigure scale anyway, there's a way that someone with much more talent than I could make it work.

Just to be clear, this is not a set i'm hanging out for. I'm sure i'd enjoy it, I just originally suggested it as something I could see happening as a D2C. Besides we know from this year LEGO likes making giant D2C versions of previous sets! :iamded_lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Are you being serious or sarcastic? Just from what I've learnt of you on the forum, I thought you would have hated the current D2C! Lol. I'm genuinely surprised that you like it! :iamded_lol:

Nope, I adore the new D2C set :wub: Thing is, my initial dissatisfaction with this year’s sets was solely stemming from my expectations, not what the sets actually are. I used to dislike the idea of a collection of buildable items mainly because it meant that Gringotts wasn’t coming. That said, the result is so stunning it won me over in a heartbeat :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I’m not a big fan of the D2C Quidditch Pitch, would be an easy skip for me. If the next D2C isn’t Diagon Alley related, I would love to see a full blown Whomping Willow with a larger Ford Anglia build. Have the knob feature that allows it shake and cheery blossom leaves to switch in and out. You could have Werewolf Lupin and Padfoot as an exclusive figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

When we got the bogart Snape in the Bricktober pack, it kinda crushed my hopes for a DADA classroom.

I did have the idea though that if they make anymore of the Book sets, they could do the DADA classroom and include the wardrobe where the bogart is, the record player, moody's/umbridge's chalkboard and other details, maybe one of the top sticker panels has the dragon skeleton.

 

As for the third task, we did kind of get it with the rise of Voldemort set, and we got the Cedric outfit from that taks in the cmf, so I don't really want to see them reused.

Plus I don't think Lego would put the sphinx in a set as it wasn't in the films.

Second task though, I hope Lego will do again, and maybe we can finally get Karkaroff.

It did mine as well. But! Then we had Umbridge in a 30 EUR set just two years after the Bricktober pack, got Sluggy that same year, and Hooch in another 30 EUR set just a year later. The Boggart!Snape is the only one who hasn't been re-released, so I'm presently rather hopeful actually, especially as the set was still TRU, iirc, at a time when they were in the process of shuttering their doors, so I think it was even less well distributed than the Bricktober sets usually were.  

I'd love more of the Moment sets (they could easily get away with making a DADA set for each year, really), although I wouldn't mind seeing the DADA in the Fluffy format so we could squeeze in a suspended skeleton build as opposed to just getting a sticker. 

Moody is the only DADA instructor except Carrow (who was technically Dark Arts anyway) not to appear in a regular set since the 2018 theme revival, so I think he's overdue, especially as he plays a key role in the Order. He Imperiuses Viktor in the maze, so perhaps a small set with him, Krum, Harry and some beast? We've had Voldemort's rise twice, but never the actual task...

(Alright, so I'm a book person and have played some of the HP video games over the years and have some fixed ideas as to the events that took place in the third task. I just rewatched the scene on youtube for the first time in well over a decade, and I can't believe there were no creatures. I'd remembered they'd remove the Skrewts from the films, but none at all? Hmpf. It makes Krum and Moody more important, so I guess there's that, but no wonder there's no set, though. Here! Build a menacing hedge! :facepalm:)

Well, fine, I want Ferret!Draco anyway. :laugh:

 

A D2C Quidditch Pitch leaves me cold. Too boring, too expensive, too large a footprint to do properly, I find the Icons more charming (and yet won't be buying that either (too expensive / large)). That said, if a pitch helps anyone else complete their builds, I'll be only too happy for them if they get it eventually. (Unless it comes at the cost of a Borgin and Burkes or Gringotts; then I'll be properly petulant.)

Edited by krimimimi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose I would buy a D2C Quidditch Pitch but I don’t find the idea very exciting. Same with the big Hogwarts Express D2C people keep saying they want. I’m sure I would buy it, but I don’t find the idea particularly interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda disappointed one of the icons wasn't Dobby's sock. :P *laughs in UCS Dobby's sock*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Salix said:

I'm kinda disappointed one of the icons wasn't Dobby's sock. :P *laughs in UCS Dobby's sock*

Forever on Team UCS Dobby's Sock. 

 

5 hours ago, Seaber said:

I'd love a full Quidditch Pitch, but I don't think it'd translate too well as a set. 

For example, do you have full teams? For every House, or just two? That's up to 28 minifigures, without Lee or any other spectators. Only two teams? People wouldn't like that. Three or four players for each team? People wouldn't like that. 

How many figures can sit in the towers? If it's more than one then the set would have to be substantially scaled up over the 2018 version. 

How detailed should the towers be? The 2018 set was sticker heavy, now imagine it being the towers being bigger and there being more than double the towers. 

What i'd do is add an accessory pack that same year so that each uniform is represented. I'd then make it just 2 teams in the D2C with Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. GWP would be Hogwarts Student Fans Pack with 5 random students filling in odd students we'd not normally get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, krimimimi said:

It did mine as well. But! Then we had Umbridge in a 30 EUR set just two years after the Bricktober pack, got Sluggy that same year, and Hooch in another 30 EUR set just a year later. The Boggart!Snape is the only one who hasn't been re-released, so I'm presently rather hopeful actually, especially as the set was still TRU, iirc, at a time when they were in the process of shuttering their doors, so I think it was even less well distributed than the Bricktober sets usually were.  

None of the Bricktober figures were re-released though, we just got different variants in other sets. So Umbridge, Hooch and Sluggy appearing in other sets doesn't really mean that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

None of the Bricktober figures were re-released though, we just got different variants in other sets. So Umbridge, Hooch and Sluggy appearing in other sets doesn't really mean that much.

True, but the point still stands that all of the Bricktober minifigs apart from Boggart Snape already got remade (albeit with different costumes), so it's not unreasonable to assume that this one may get the same treatment at some point :classic: Change the torso print, recolour the Lone Ranger bird to reddish brown and voilà, new version :laugh: Same goes for the other 2018 Bricktober minifigs, every single one of them has been remade in regular sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just seen the new D2C (this is the first time I haven't been paying attention to the line since it's reboot) and it looks amazing like every 18+ set I've seen. It's very polished and I'm sure plenty of collectors will enjoy it.

I'll pass on it though since it is not minifigure scale (the only "brickbuilt" thing I would buy would be a buildable Dobby with sock) and even the minifigure sets have disappointed me recently. I regretted buying the Moments sets and I've regretted buying the chamber of secrets. If you had told me a year ago that I would be ok with waiting months to buy minifig scale HP sets and even considering not buying them at all, I wouldn't have believed you. My interest in the line is in an odd purgatory at the moment. I'm just waiting until we know what the summer 2022 sets are to make my final verdict on this reboot, and I can either excitedly start caring again or finally close the HP Discussion tab after all these years. Regardless of LEGO going with the more universal appeal of the 2018-20 sets or the targeted 2021 sets (simple play sets from the early films for kids and buildable objects and creatures for adults) I'm sure the 2022 sets will be great for their intended audience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After looking at LegoArtisan on Rebrickable for the Chamber of Secrets confined with 2018 Great Hall MOC, I think that the other buildings they've made are terrific. There's a great combination of the CT and AT to convert it into a great building that's compatible with Diagon Alley. Almost fills the void of waiting for Gringots to be something majestic at the end of the row.

https://rebrickable.com/users/LegoArtisan/mocs/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think it's about time we had some proper common rooms & the library from the school side of things. From the outside I do think the shrieking shack needs remaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Lego has returned to PS and CoS to fill in some gaps, most notably from the final acts of the films, it would be logical (therefore; not likely) to get a Shrieking Shack set next year. This year’s Hogsmeade set and the original Shrieking Shack’s classic status will further boost the chances. However, Gringott’s seemed like a no-brainer for the same reasons…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fingers crossed that we won’t be on this thread 5 years from now, wondering if THIS will be the Gringott’s year.🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hiker13 said:

Fingers crossed that we won’t be on this thread 5 years from now, wondering if THIS will be the Gringott’s year.🙄

Surely not… I’m not sure if I can wait for another two years (assuming there isn’t a surprise Gringott’s next year). I will probably just build Micmac’s Gringott’s extension since it is charming and stylistically coherent with Diagon Alley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Hiker13 said:

Fingers crossed that we won’t be on this thread 5 years from now, wondering if THIS will be the Gringott’s year.🙄

I'm pretty sure we won't since there's a new thread each year. :P But on a serious note, I hope we'll get a Gringott's rather sooner than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hiker13 said:

Fingers crossed that we won’t be on this thread 5 years from now, wondering if THIS will be the Gringott’s year.🙄

My biggest worry is we finally GET a Gringotts, but then it's ultimately after Diagon Alley set is retired and is completely not compatible...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

My biggest worry is we finally GET a Gringotts, but then it's ultimately after Diagon Alley set is retired and is completely not compatible...

I'm not sure pissing off consumers like that when they're already a bit annoyed it's taken so long is a smart decision from a business pov :tongue: I'd be surprised if the design team ends up making a decision that stupid (though anything is possible I guess, looking at what we got this year).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

My biggest worry is we finally GET a Gringotts, but then it's ultimately after Diagon Alley set is retired and is completely not compatible...

 

I reckon it is a sad possibility if they choose to take their sweet time. One thing that also has to be taken into account is the possible inclusion of the Ironbelly on top of the building. A D2C Gringott’s with the Ironbelly would be a stunning display piece, however, it would not necessarily work on Diagon Alley’s scale.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

A D2C Gringott’s with the Ironbelly would be a stunning display piece, however, it would not necessarily work on Diagon Alley’s scale.  

Why not? I reckon it would work incredibly well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.