Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Never

What would a Boggart set even BE...that seems like a tell how fake it is. 

1 minute ago, Prometheus87 said:

What would a Boggart set even BE...that seems like a tell how fake it is. 

There’s two even more obvious tells:

1. It’s the very first post on that account
  2. This couldn’t possibly be a 1HY list :head_back:

They’re somehow getting better and worse at the same time. Better in that they don’t post thinly-disguised wishlists any more, but worse because they still make the same basic mistakes :snicker:

So, in the end, we have finally seen what the "Hogwarts Icons" is.

Mixed feelings for me. 

At the beginning I thought that LEGO would  have simply continue the past pattern, closing the cycle with set taken from 6th and 7th movies. And I hoped so. And I used to dream about a Gringott set with a dragon over the top (oh, well, I'm dreaming even now about it :blush:).
After knowing that we wouldn't had Gringott but a collection of icon I oriented my mind towards other projects and my budget towards BrickLink. :grin:

Said that, I'm a bit sad for not having Gringott, but aniway I'm quite satisfied by this year wave and fully satisfied by my new projects (one of them is a QQS and DP MOD I will share soon :wink:).

About Hogwarts Icons set, I find it really good. I will not buy it at all, but I appreciate it and I think it well represents, in a iconic way, Harry Potter and Hogwarts. Not my cup of tea but, I imagine, the cup of tea of a lot of other people.

Talking about the future, I think that LEGO, next year, will continue this year pattern and building style (in my opinion the anniversary celebration main purpose was to start a new cycle) . And I hope they will follow the soft reboot idea, trying to satisfied both old kids and collectors like me, that started their collection in 2018, and new kids and collectors, whose collection started this year.

Putting all of that on the table, some ideas for the next year (current ideas, cause I will surely change them reading you :laugh:, like @BrickBob Studpants. No objections to your list :thumbup:) are: Hogwarts Express with Hogmseade station; Durmstrang Ship and Second Task; Shrieking Shack and Whomping Willow; 1st or 2nd movie Hagrid's Hut; completion of Fluffy set from Winged Key Room to Final Challenge with Quirrell; third minifigures serie with juicy characters like Pomfrey (and a lot of other ideas I've imagined while writing this list :iamded_lol:). 

In any case, I hope they will finally produce also interesting set (in my opinion) from 5th to 7th movies, like Grimmauld Place, Ministry Battle, Gringott, Tent... 

I don't know the Fantastic Beasts universe, so I can't imagine whether they will produce sets or not and what.

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

Definitely. A Boggart CLASSROOM set would rock at 19.99 or even 29.99 including extra kids. 

But "The Boggart" doesn't' make sense to me :P

The list is rubbish, but I think we'll eventually see one of these Boggart / DADA classroom sets anyway because it fits neatly in the new modular size and doesn't take a lot of minifigs. We'd get a cabinet, the Snape Boggart, Lupin and Neville. They might count on us having the gramophone from the AC, and apply the pieces to something else, if they make it a slightly larger set, maybe Ron, his spider and roller skates for it. If we're lucky, a skeleton to hang from the ceiling of a pitched roofed room. I wouldn't mind a jack in the box and whichever twin, either, but that quickly becomes a more expensive set than it's worth for the scene.  

Basilisk doesn't track either after the CoS this summer. Ironbelly... maybe '23? No, the list really doesn't make any sense at all, even as a wild guess.

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

Said that, I'm a bit sad for not having Gringott, but aniway I'm quite satisfied by this year wave and fully satisfied by my new projects (one of them is a QQS and DP MOD I will share soon :wink:).

Looking forward to seeing it, BrickMatit. I think MicMac had made one with photoshop when the pictures first leaked that was really good, too. Immediately improved the whole street. There's a lot that can be done there just by changing that segment.

Guesses for the future... I imagine they'll move on to focus primarily on PoA and GoF. Aside from all the obvious ones we'll surely see eventually (Hagrid's Hut (we're overdue for a Fang), Hogwarts Express, Knight Bus, Ford Anglia in some combination or another, perhaps with Aragog this time?), the Durmstrang Ship and Second Task both seem likely to happen again. Lupin's Classroom. Moody in some set or another. (Anyone have any ideas as to what scene?) They've never done the third task (mazes, hmm), but maybe a sphinx build? I can also see them going back to the troll from PS, because that could easily fit in the new format, and they had no issues mixing years / books / films in the past. 

Edited by krimimimi

14 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Looking forward to seeing it, BrickMatit.

I've just posted it in the "Harry Potter custom builds and moc's" topic :classic:.

Let me know what you think :wink:!

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

The list is rubbish, but I think we'll eventually see one of these Boggart / DADA classroom sets anyway because it fits neatly in the new modular size and doesn't take a lot of minifigs. We'd get a cabinet, the Snape Boggart, Lupin and Neville. They might count on us having the gramophone from the AC, and apply the pieces to something else, if they make it a slightly larger set, maybe Ron, his spider and roller skates for it. If we're lucky, a skeleton to hang from the ceiling of a pitched roofed room. I wouldn't mind a jack in the box and whichever twin, either, but that quickly becomes a more expensive set than it's worth for the scene.  

Basilisk doesn't track either after the CoS this summer. Ironbelly... maybe '23? No, the list really doesn't make any sense at all, even as a wild guess.

Looking forward to seeing it, BrickMatit. I think MicMac had made one with photoshop when the pictures first leaked that was really good, too. Immediately improved the whole street. There's a lot that can be done there just by changing that segment.

Guesses for the future... I imagine they'll move on to focus primarily on PoA and GoF. Aside from all the obvious ones we'll surely see eventually (Hagrid's Hut (we're overdue for a Fang), Hogwarts Express, Knight Bus, Ford Anglia in some combination or another, perhaps with Aragog this time?), the Durmstrang Ship and Second Task both seem likely to happen again. Lupin's Classroom. Moody in some set or another. (Anyone have any ideas as to what scene?) They've never done the third task (mazes, hmm), but maybe a sphinx build? I can also see them going back to the troll from PS, because that could easily fit in the new format, and they had no issues mixing years / books / films in the past. 

Hogwarts: Garden Transfiguration Lesson - Moody, Harry, Draco, McGonagall, with Ferret - 29.99, includes part of hallway of Hogwarts garden area and small tree. 

Edited by Prometheus87

2 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Hogwarts: Garden Transfiguration Lesson - Moody, Harry, Draco, McGonagall, with Ferret - 29.99, includes part of hallway of Hogwarts garden area and small tree. 

Ferret! Yes! I want the Draco!Ferret! :excited:

Yeah, First Flying Lesson is in no way part of the 2018-2020 system. Retail exclusives have often not been shown in the back of manuals and if it was meant to go with the older system instead of the 2021 one wouldn't its manual show it connected to those sets? The modular 8x8 sections (and the annoying grate plates) clearly mark it as part of the 2021 castle, and as someone else pointed out even the door section is the exact same size as the Chamber entrance. I love the exterior of the Flying Lesson but I think the interior is a bit lacking, and since I'm not very happy with the 2021 castle in general I think I'll be doing a bit of modification soon. 

7 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Ferret! Yes! I want the Draco!Ferret! :excited:

I think a year 3/4 Draco with a ferret would make a great CMF figure; massable Slytherin robes!

On the discussion of the brooms... the Firebolt and Nimbus 2000 both have a very similar shape so they could share a mould. I imagine it would look like the video game version, with a straight pointy tail. For the feet stands it could be constructed easily from a bucket handle or either of the handlebar parts and simply attach to a clip moulded into the underside of the broom

It would be a neat accessory to a CMF Harry variant 

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Since we shouldn't expect ... a Gringotts D2C,

Any objections? :laugh:

Yes :tongue:
Now I have seen the YouTube "interview". There was a interview, but he lost it so there is really just his interpretation of if made from a few notes. I do not think the designers said that they made the DA for future expansions, but they are not planning to make any. They never talk directly of future sets, so it would be more than strange if they suddenly start mentation things we are not getting :sceptic:
However I am not saying we are getting a Gringotts next year, just that this video are not confirming that we are not getting one.

I understand that the HP team like to surprise us and give us new things and instead of a new D2C DA set this year they are giving us something completely new and I am glad that HP are not turning into SW. What I really would like to see is a DA set for 100$ of one new shop in the normal wave that is a add on to the DA D2C, then people get something to add to the street and even if we do not get the bank for many years it do not matter to me as long as we get new shop in the street every year. Just like the modulars some people wanted a police-station, it did not turn up before this year, but that do not matter since we get a fantastic new set every year in the line and it was only a matter of time before we got a police-station as well. Since we did not get any DA set other than the figure pack this year, people that was sure we would get Gringotts sooner or later are getting nervous we are not getting anything more from DA now. However I hope that they see the demand for future DA sets and that the DA are selling well even with the limited release so they have a set coming next year so we can all relax and expand the street :wink:

I would love a quidditch pitch D2C. Just a complete pitch with 4 complete teams, one for each house. But I guess I'll just dream on and MOC it. :P

32 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I understand that the HP team like to surprise us and give us new things and instead of a new D2C DA set this year they are giving us something completely new and I am glad that HP are not turning into SW. What I really would like to see is a DA set for 100$ of one new shop in the normal wave that is a add on to the DA D2C, then people get something to add to the street and even if we do not get the bank for many years it do not matter to me as long as we get new shop in the street every year. 

Apart from Gringotts I would love to see a Borgin and Burkes. I know that's Knockturn Alley and not DA, but it could be connected to DA and would look so good leading on from the KA archway.

I hope I’m not alone here, but I really want a leaky cauldron and would take it over a Borgin and Burke’s. now we have the beer piece, it can actually made. It would also be a good place to get obscure characters.

2 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

I hope I’m not alone here, but I really want a leaky cauldron and would take it over a Borgin and Burke’s.

On the contrary I'd like a set with both Leaky Cauldron and Borgin and Burke's.

Plus Gringotts. :iamded_lol:

Waiting for LEGO :sceptic:, I'll try to design Leaky Cauldron on my own.

And maybe, depending on the results, I'll build it in the future.

Custom Harry potter Series done by the following
These custom series are always a good prediction for possible future figures. Some of these look great and we have two already, gold Hagrid and birthday Dursley. 
@all._about._ari_
@nicolegoyus
@noah_rdraw
@ashnflash
@minifigs.psd
@potterminifigpals
@toplego8
@nick_makes_art
@lucas_fanarts_

On 8/8/2021 at 6:06 PM, Textorix said:

I hope we at least get remakes of some fan favourite og sets like Shrieking Shack and 2nd task.

I believe we will

Such an iconic location and task

14 hours ago, Salix said:

I would love a quidditch pitch D2C. Just a complete pitch with 4 complete teams, one for each house. But I guess I'll just dream on and MOC it. :P

I’d settle for just a complete Ravenclaw team. :tongue: They’re too expensive right now. I’m with you there though. I regret not getting two sets, both for the full set of goals & the extra uniforms. So getting one complete package with the added stands between the towers would be great for a non MOCer like myself. 

A D2C Quidditch pitch in the style of the Manchester and Bracelona stadiums would be pretty cool!

13 minutes ago, Modal said:

A D2C Quidditch pitch in the style of the Manchester and Bracelona stadiums would be pretty cool!

I'd love it to be minifigures scale, but i assume that's not feasible? 

8 hours ago, Modal said:

I'd want it to be minifigure scale. Not microscale. Plus the Hogwarts quidditch pitch is just a school pitch not a full blown stadium as seen at the World Cup.

8 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

I'd love it to be minifigures scale, but i assume that's not feasible? 

Imo it should be feasible. The regular quidditch set with one goal costed only €40. So doubling that would be €80. Adding yet another 6 towers would add €50 or something. So making the towers taller than that set plus adding other details and such as well as at least 28 minifigures (7 for each team) could probably result in it costing something like €300. But I kinda doubt though that LEGO would make a set with so many minifigures. :(

Perhaps the set would come with just 2 teams and the 2 other teams could come in separate sets?

Also to put a disclaimer, this is just something I want. This is not a rumour. :P

On 8/8/2021 at 10:05 PM, krimimimi said:

They've never done the third task (mazes, hmm), but maybe a sphinx build?

I believe they may do something new, not only remakes. There's so many things that weren't made but have to be, otherwise it'd be a lost opportunity for them

It's interesting, because last year when we were having a discussion on what potential sets could be made into a D2C set, I suggested a D2C Quidditch set and everyone seemed to think it was a terrible/boring idea. Not sure if people have changed their minds or that it just seems much more desirable than the awful D2C set that is coming out this year?