Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I have never seen any of  the harry potter poly bags in the wild here in oz. Not in a lego store or the supermarkets here where you can sometimes find them. Where do people find them?

I didn't know about that Voldamort, Bellatrix and Nagini set, when was that one announced?

7 hours ago, Micmac said:

I have never seen any of  the harry potter poly bags in the wild here in oz. Not in a lego store or the supermarkets here where you can sometimes find them. Where do people find them?

I too am annoyed about the lack of Polly bags in Australia. I was able to get the platform cart poly bag from LLDC in chadstone. I have been trying to find last year’s for a while and gave up months ago. Now I really want to see this one in person, so I can get my missing CFCs. I’ll let you know if I find them. 

21 hours ago, Salix said:

Wait, wait, wait... a polybag without Harry. The madness. :laugh:

:laugh:
I looks like a great polybag and comes with a CFC and the new owl :wub: Makes you wonder how they can manage to put the owl in the smallest set, but only in the biggest one of the other sets. I assume it has nothing to do with budget, but with prioritising from the designers then :wacko: 

I just built the first 2 bags of Hogsmead and oh. It is just gorgeous. Didn’t have to many problems with stickers. But am annoyed about cards . As typing this, I realise that I am actually very lucky with my chocolate frog cards. From by first 3 sets I got

PPM: Mcgonagall and Gryffindor 

FE: Hufflepuff and Maxine 

FFL: slytherin and Snape 

I couldn’t wait and looked through my bags to see disappointment. And I did.

I got 

Hufflepuff, Mcgonagall, Snape and Piquery 

1 new one sadly. But after reading horror stories of 5 jocunda Sykes and 4 Oliveranders, I’ve embraced my inevitable repeats and thankful that I’m 7/10.

14 hours ago, williejm said:

It has the new barn owl ;)

Oooooh, perfect! It’s much easier to get that darn barn owl than busy in the whole Chamber of Secret set! Finally!

Now you will be able to get a barn owl real soo enough! :) 

I'm surprised nobody has brought this up yet, but there's a rumour floating around... I didn't want to share it at first because I know exactly where this discussion will lead to, but I now decided to share it anyway so we at least have something to discuss again :tongue:

So please take this with the largest non-lethal amount of salt imaginable, but the same source that provided the alleged 2022 Marvel and City set lists also has something to say about HP: They claim there's a "Harry Potter Modular" set coming (either this or next year).

Apparently that source got stuff right before, but this sounds mighty sketchy to me. We know the D2C set is not a building and I doubt any source would already know about D2C sets released in 2022. 

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'm surprised nobody has brought this up yet, but there's a rumour floating around... I didn't want to share it at first because I know exactly where this discussion will lead to, but I now decided to share it anyway so we at least have something to discuss again :tongue:

So please take this with the largest non-lethal amount of salt imaginable, but the same source that provided the alleged 2022 Marvel and City set lists also has something to say about HP: They claim there's a "Harry Potter Modular" set coming (either this or next year).

Apparently that source got stuff right before, but this sounds mighty sketchy to me. We know the D2C set is not a building and I doubt any source would already know about D2C sets released in 2022. 

I have not heard it before now, but it would not be crazy that it had a "modular" similar building in the line. DA was that and we could get a DA expansion a lot of us a waiting for or another building like grimmauld place, ministry of magic etc :shrug_oh_well:

In regards to the Harry Potter modular it has since been removed from the list as it was a mix up with the D2C from this year being avaliable to 3rd party retailers as far as I'm aware. So sadly there shouldn't be a Harry Potter modular happening so far.

1 minute ago, Brick Clicker said:

In regards to the Harry Potter modular it has since been removed from the list as it was a mix up with the D2C from this year being avaliable to 3rd party retailers as far as I'm aware. So sadly there shouldn't be a Harry Potter modular happening so far.

Was about to say the same thing :tongue: 

Release should be a bit later than initially expected. 

1 minute ago, Brick Clicker said:

Thanks for clarifying! You’re right, the original post has been updated in the meantime :laugh: 

Well, there goes our discussion fodder… again :tongue: 

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Release should be a bit later than initially expected. 

October then? Shame, because that means the minifigs won’t leak for another month or so :tongue:

14 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

When you said that the D2C would be good for minifigure collectors. Is that because there are none, so we don’t have to fork over all that cash. Or are there a couple of really cool minifigures or even some golden ones as well. 

2 hours ago, Tommy9 said:

[…] even some golden ones as well. 

That at least is pretty much guaranteed now. The leakers have stated before that there’s at least one more additional golden minifig, and now that the polybag has been ruled out, it has to be the D2C that provides them :laugh: My money’s still on Dumbledoro and Dragold, if it includes two of them

18 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That at least is pretty much guaranteed now. The leakers have stated before that there’s at least one more additional golden minifig, and now that the polybag has been ruled out, it has to be the D2C that provides them :laugh: My money’s still on Dumbledoro and Dragold, if it includes two of them

Could it be that there is a secret golden figure in the advent calendar? After all, the first AC had 6 normal figures and then the golden architect statue and I've counted the figures and the minibuilds for the new AC and it only looks like 23 different things. 🤔 Of course they may be being stingy and splitting the table and the food into two.

Edited by BacktoBricks

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Could it be that there is a secret golden figure in the advent calendar?

I think they would advertise that. Sure, DA included a secret bonus minifig, but the golden minifigs are supposed to be collectable, so hiding one of them wouldn’t be the best strategy I think :grin:

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think they would advertise that. Sure, DA included a secret bonus minifig, but the golden minifigs are supposed to be collectable, so hiding one of them wouldn’t be the best strategy I think :grin:

Welk you'd think so wouldn't you, but this is Lego and I've kind of learned not to go with the logical. :laugh:

55 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Silencio Harry and the display stand were also clearly shown in the 360 view video on S@H so it wasn't even that much of a secret :tongue:

3 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Silencio Harry and the display stand were also clearly shown in the 360 view video on S@H so it wasn't even that much of a secret :tongue:

Bingo!

So given we have nothing more to go on, what would you speculate to be the minifigs in the D2C? Do we think it’ll be based on years 1 and 2 or a broader spectrum of books? It may be time for an updated Lupin to make an appearance, or even maybe Voldi…

The new Seinfeld hairpiece would work pretty well for Wormtail, wouldn’t it? At least way better than the Boromir hairpiece :tongue:

LEGO-Ideas-21328-Seinfeld-09.jpg

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The new Seinfeld hairpiece would work pretty well for Wormtail, wouldn’t it? At least way better than the Boromir hairpiece :tongue:

Agreed.

On 7/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, TheInvisibleMan said:

So given we have nothing more to go on, what would you speculate to be the minifigs in the D2C? Do we think it’ll be based on years 1 and 2 or a broader spectrum of books? It may be time for an updated Lupin to make an appearance, or even maybe Voldi…

If one of the builds is the Sword, it may come with Neville from the battle of Hogwarts. Can’t think of many other icons we don’t already have the best figure for

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I 100% agree!

But will any of those pieces be available from BnP?  Hopefully some will.