Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

21 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

He didn't simplistically say "too dark to make sets". This was from Marcos' recent Instagram story AMA, which he has saved on his profile.

Here is the actual question and response from him.

Question: What does Lego have against Deathly Hallows :(

Answer: Absolutely nothing 🤔 But as the story progresses, the movies get darker and more up in age, and we tend to find more appealing and engaging moments in the earlier movies that lend themselves to great toys... But who knows 🙃

Yeah I suppose there's easier sets to make from the earlier films... castle sections and the like.

However the DH Battle of Hogwarts could have showcased a wider courtyard and the bridge and kept it child friendly.

The Escape from Gringotts and perhaps the Tent are the most engaging non-Hogwarts DH sets they could make (albeit the Tent is associated with the Locket which made everybody miserable...), I just want some DH minifigures more than anything!

I got the chess set yesterday, I spent about £36, so I thought that's not a bad price, and was a set I was going to get eventually. 

I don't quite know what I was expecting build wise, but I was done within half an hour of an 800+ piece set. I'm happy with the final result but the journey was disappointing. The pawn build is repeated 16 times, kind and queen twice each and bishop, rook and Knight four. Obviously that's necessary for a full chess set, I reckon if it only had half a chess set you could buy two of at a lower price it would seem better somehow. 

I'm glad I got it though, even if I want to mod the pieces and the board, it does look good and functions as well as any previous chess set. 

21 hours ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Do you guys think the still unknown Harry Potter set will be revealed at Lego Con this saturday?

I doubt it unfortunately. The teaser for Star Wars says 'Ssssh ... A new set reveal.' Whereas for HP it says 'A truly magical building challenge.' And considering how they hyped up the art set during the last HP live stream and made it sound like there was something so exciting hidden under the table even though it was an already released set, I don't hold up much hope. It's only 90 minutes after all and that's covering what sounds like a Minecraft designer interview, Star Wars set reveal, Technic race, a look at the new Mario sets, a HP building challenge and an interview with an astronaut.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/lego-con 

On 6/23/2021 at 3:43 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Tandnbricks and @Brick Clicker are not so subtly hinting at more anniversary figures. Probably too early for D2C leaks, so maybe the polybag is about to be revealed / leaked? :laugh:

I wouldn't get too excited for the D2C, will be good for some people yet others will hate it :sadnew:

16 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I wouldn't get too excited for the D2C, will be good for some people yet others will hate it :sadnew:

OH my. What is the percentage breakdown for those that would be good for vs. hating it? 

28 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Can you tell us if it will be good for purely minifigure collectors?

30 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Doesn't that just about describe every set Lego have ever produced? :pir-tongue:

I'm actually kinda hoping it's not something that's right up my street - my budget for big Lego sets is getting stretched thin already, I'm not sure I could go in for another big D2C. At least if it's not a set that appeals to me I don't have to go through the headache of picking which set I want to miss out on this time.

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

Let's just say FalconFan wasn't joking when he said you'd be surprised at what LEGO considered Icons.

I am so intrigued. To be completely honest I have given up on the D2C this year as it's clearly not going to be the Gringotts a lot of us wanted and I feel like I will only be purchasing it if it has minifigures that mean buying it as a set outweighs the price of buying figs separately. So that being said, now the disappointment over Gringotts has dwindled, I'm just left intrigued as to whatLego has conjured up.

:laugh: Dobby and Dobby's Sock is BACK on the table :laugh_hard: 

What could these mysterious things mean - people, places, or things? 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Let's just say FalconFan wasn't joking when he said you'd be surprised at what LEGO considered Icons.

Was it ever confirmed that it would not be more giant buildable figures?

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Can you tell us if it will be good for purely minifigure collectors?

Yeah I think minifig fans will be pleased... 

2 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

OH my. What is the percentage breakdown for those that would be good for vs. hating it? 

Probably about 70/30 hating it to good. It just isn't up everyone's alley really and like other members have said there is some very interesting choices for "objects" 

17 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Was it ever confirmed that it would not be more giant buildable figures?

It isn't anymore sadly if people were holding out for a Ron 

11 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

I won't, because this means I'll probably have to buy some trash just so I can get the minifgures. :pir-sick:

Edited by BrickFunatic

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

Interesting.  I'd be on board if the rest of the house ghosts were included.

As a note, considering the 2019 Knight Bus is retiring soon, I'm left wondering how long after that it might take before LEGO tries remaking it.  I could see them holding off for maybe a year or two, but I suspect it would have to get remade eventually, considering how iconic it is.  The fact that it only appears in one movie rather limits how much they could set a remake apart from the 2019 version.  At the very least, including Marge and a new Padfoot mold would probably interest people.  Oh, and if they actually include a new Daily Prophet newspaper with Sirius Black on it, instead of the overused 'The Boy Who LIVED!' print we keep getting.

As far as the D2C is concerned I refuse to make any judgement based on vague comments from some individuals who claim to know what we are getting and that most of us will not like it much like they did with the latest wave.  I will reserve judgement until something real actually leaks or Lego posts something definitive.  I'm still hoping for an HP themed GWP so I can start buying the latest wave of sets.

16 hours ago, Seaber said:

I got the chess set yesterday, I spent about £36, so I thought that's not a bad price, and was a set I was going to get eventually. 

I don't quite know what I was expecting build wise, but I was done within half an hour of an 800+ piece set. I'm happy with the final result but the journey was disappointing. The pawn build is repeated 16 times, kind and queen twice each and bishop, rook and Knight four. Obviously that's necessary for a full chess set, I reckon if it only had half a chess set you could buy two of at a lower price it would seem better somehow. 

I'm glad I got it though, even if I want to mod the pieces and the board, it does look good and functions as well as any previous chess set. 

I just finished building it. It was an enjoyable build, for the most part. Making all those pawns wasn’t tedious, but at least they’re small & take seconds to put together. And the other pieces are spread out enough that the double build doesn’t feel super repetitive. I love the extra swords. And the B&W bucket helmets are cool too. 

Biggest plus for me, I’ve been wanting a chess set but was holding out on buying the regular chess set because other stuff kept knocking it down the list. So getting this was great. 

23 minutes ago, karrit said:

As far as the D2C is concerned I refuse to make any judgement based on vague comments from some individuals who claim to know what we are getting and that most of us will not like it much like they did with the latest wave.  I will reserve judgement until something real actually leaks or Lego posts something definitive.  I'm still hoping for an HP themed GWP so I can start buying the latest wave of sets.

Exactly. 

Also, of the five Frog cards between Fluffy & Chess....I only got one I needed. :hmpf_bad: So I need 7 to complete the set. Still have the AC &, I assume, the D2C. 

How about an object to represent each of the student main characters? That would explain where the buildable Remembrall rumour came from :shrug_oh_well:

Good to hear that us minifig collectors will be pleased, so I guess we can expect some new variants then :excited:

6 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Pleased because they save money not need to buy the set or pleased because the sets include some unique ones they want :pir-tongue:

9 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Thank you. I am pleased, although not so much as having to buy the set to get them by the sounds of it. :classic:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Pleased because they save money not need to buy the set or pleased because the sets include some unique ones they want :pir-tongue:

Haha that is the dilemma isn't it. How many sets do we all buy just to get figs. :facepalm:

Okay so D2C set will suck for most of the people.... Great I already save a ton of money on not buying chess, buildable figures, fawkes and now this. This means I will have budget to buy Daily Bugle set which is everything HP D2C set should have been and probably isnt gonna be as rumors are saying. Do you guys with sources of info know how many minifigures it will have as that might be only thing I will be interested :D

Edited by Textorix

12 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Yeah I think minifig fans will be pleased..

Do you think there's any chance of D2C getting revealed on LEGO Con?

On 6/25/2021 at 11:14 AM, drewdotexe said:

Yeah I suppose there's easier sets to make from the earlier films... castle sections and the like.

However the DH Battle of Hogwarts could have showcased a wider courtyard and the bridge and kept it child friendly.

Well if they'd made a bridge for the 2018 sets it would have had to have stairs going up and down again because they were flat at ground level, so maybe we'll see one for the 2021 redesign? It would make more "sense" as objects go given the dungeons / rock base have been built into these sets, and maybe that increases the likelihood of such a set? (On the other hand, now we need to accommodate that height all the way across the bridge, and I'd have been happy with only a few bricks symbolically representing it instead...)

8 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Considering how early it is in the summer, the amount of material they want to cover, and the hype Star Wars is getting vs HP? I doubt it's likely. Maybe the polybag though?

34 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Probably too early, just as @krimimimi says. However, since the set appears to include new minifigs, they might start leaking soon :sweet: The first DA minifigs leaked in the middle of last July, didn’t they?

Hi everyone, for those of you in the UK in case you didn’t know the Magical Treasury book with exclusive Tom Riddle figure in on sale for only £10 (down from £18.99) at ‘TheWorks’

Edited by Bugbot20082

A brickbuilt cauldron (from the D2C possibly) is on the top shelf (atop the wooden box on the right)  during the HP building contest between Marcos and the other designer. Or it might just be a (non-Lego) black flower pot

Edited by Metanoios