Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

While I would've also liked to get Sirius in his civilian clothes (he's my favorite character after all) it's actually really good they went with Luna. The Gryffindor supporter variant has always been a highly requested one and was highly unlikely to appear anywhere else, whereas Sirius could fit in a lot of potential future sets. 

Also Sirius spent relatively little time in the Castle. Mostly just while he was being held prisoner at the end of PoA. He'd be better in a 12 Grimmauld Place or Ministry Battle (although that would be a tragic set to put him in).

Interestingly we have at least 3 Ravenclaws coming in the wave: Luna Love good, Gilderoy Lockhart and (Golden) Quirnius Quirrell.

Although I have seen the debate whether Madam Hooch is Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

But I do get what people are saying, it's a bit annoying to constantly get figs of either Luna or Cho. Of course in the books Padma Patil is Ravenclaw too.

The only other Ravenclaws are:

Roger Davis who's the Quidditch Captain and went with Fleur to the Yule Ball

Garrick Ollivander (no description needed)

Penellope Clearwater: Prefect and one of the petrified students in the book. Her name was said in CoS but we don't properly see her.

Micheal Corner, Ginny's first boyfriend and was a background character in OotP.

And then Terry Boot and Anthony Goldstein who were also in Dumbledore's Army. 

14 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

But I do get what people are saying, it's a bit annoying to constantly get figs of either Luna or Cho. Of course in the books Padma Patil is Ravenclaw too.

The only other Ravenclaws are:

Let's not forget Marcus Belby! :moar:

41 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Oh yeah. Hadn't really thought about him. Tbh if there's anyone from the slug Club I want a minifigure of, it's either Blaise Zabini or Cormac McClaggen. Funnily enough both are on the their houses quidditch teams (McClaggen only when Ron couldn't of course)

8 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Why has no one mentioned the new, rounded windows in Lockhart's office? Or am I seeing things?

I mentioned them already once we saw the prelims in February. They are not completely new, just a recolour in reddish brown. They appeared already in white in this year's Friends January wave. It is a nice new part but sadly not yet added to Stud.io (that's why xcube and textorix had to use a substitute part in their renders). The golden candle holder is much more interesting, because it will be used for Lumière in the 2021 Disney D2C

Edited by Metanoios91

4 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Why has no one mentioned the new, rounded windows in Lockhart's office? Or am I seeing things?

They've been mentioned, they look pretty cool right. 

They don't really look like any part of Hogwarts I can think of, but they're very nice. 

5 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

I mentioned them already once we saw the prelims in February. They are not completely new, just a recolour in reddish brown. They appeared already in white in this year's Friends January wave. It is a nice new part but sadly not yet added to Stud.io (that's why xcube and textorix had to use a substitute part in their renders). The golden candle holder is much more interesting, because it will be used for Lumière in the 2021 Disney D2C

Wow, are they making a Beauty and the Beast D2C?

5 minutes ago, Seaber said:

They've been mentioned, they look pretty cool right. 

They don't really look like any part of Hogwarts I can think of, but they're very nice. 

Yep.

20 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The golden candle holder is much more interesting, because it will be used for Lumière in the 2021 Disney D2C

Last time I checked Lumière didn't live in Elsa's Ice Castle though :laugh_hard:

24 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

[...] because it will be used for Lumière in the 2021 Disney D2C

Beast’s castle is indeed an upcoming set, but it’s a regular one, not a D2C :wink:

On 4/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, Textorix said:

Guys, for those who were sad that we are getting different style of Hogwarts sets and remake of Great Hall and are possessed with dream of having movie accurate minifigure scale Hogwarts castle, I have something for you. I made 3D model of Hogwarts castle layout from all sets including the new ones in studio program. This is my vision, my plan how to connect them all once I will have all Hogwarts sets. Whille making this I tried to find balance between movie accuracy and ideal placement for each different buildings so obviously not eveything is in exact same position as in movies (Clock Tower should be behind Great Hall and face opposite). It took me about 3 days to build everything up and to find the best layout. Honestly I was really suprised (in a good way) how compatibile new sets were with 2018-2020 ones. I am not a fan of changing official sets so I also did almost no customizations except changing big roof parts in new sets for dark bluish grey ones and that way those sets look amazing. After I made this model I am 100% decided to buy new sets and I started to like them more. I even found the way how to use that new Great Hall remake while not breaking consistency of entire layout. I cant wait to make this with real sets and I hope you will find maybe some inspiration in this. This layout is made in a way that it is best looking from the front but also from the sides so backside should be hidden. Obviously it is not very space friendly and specialy not something for those who display their sets on smaller shelves..... I still have to figure out where and how to place Chamber of Secrets and find the way how to lift up entire castle....oh and somehow I forgot about Room of Requirement :D

When june sets release I will post updated version of this as I wasnt able to finish tower from COS set due to new window piece which isnt in the piece database yet.

wOTRVeF.jpg

52lOP6U.png

gqYEXqT.png

tFAf45f.jpg

This is brilliant and absolutely seals the deal for me, thank you! I display my castle in a bookself  anyway so I'll just put the chamber on the shelf below. 

9 hours ago, FrkW said:

This is brilliant and absolutely seals the deal for me, thank you! I display my castle in a bookself  anyway so I'll just put the chamber on the shelf below. 

I am happy you like it. While I was building these new sets I relized their builds arent really that different from older Hogwarts sets besides stack mechanism and green roofs (which you always can swap for grey as I did) so I felt kinda guilt for disliking them at first... I mean I am still kinda disappointed we are getting another Great Hall but fortunately I found use for it :D

39 minutes ago, Xcube said:

I hope Lego really do the Belltowers at some point :)

Harry-Potter-Official-Hogwarts20th-Combi

Nice work man, this is exactly why I left space there. I dont have very good building skills to do it myself so lets hope Lego will make Bell Towers set next year.

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, Xcube said:

I hope Lego really do the Belltowers at some point :) 

(pic) 

I like your interpretation of the Dark Tower where Sirius is imprisoned, I could really see an official version of that in future, we know how much Lego like prisons :laugh:

Were you going to add windows or belfry section to the Bell Towers? The size looks a good match for the sets. 

32 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I like your interpretation of the Dark Tower where Sirius is imprisoned, I could really see an official version of that in future, we know how much Lego like prisons :laugh:

Were you going to add windows or belfry section to the Bell Towers? The size looks a good match for the sets. 

Thank you :). I don't know yet how the Bell Towers will look like at the end. Right now it's only a prototype to find out the size to fit in the layout

Would it be possible for lego to produce Bell Tower set even if it was seen real brief in movie scenes? Is the library inside that tower? 

I mean, we haven’t gotten a library set at all. Also, I would love to see Ravenclaw Tower, North Tower and Hufflepuff dorm sets. Sure some of these locations were not seen in movies.

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

aWould it be possible for lego to produce Bell Tower set even if it was seen real brief in movie scenes? Is the library inside that tower? 

I mean, we haven’t gotten a library set at all. Also, I would love to see Ravenclaw Tower, North Tower and Hufflepuff dorm sets. Sure some of these locations were not seen in movies.

Lego can put there basically any room they want. Its not like they have been really movie accurate in terms of where they placed certain interiors so yeah Library or Hufflepuff dorm would be great here. If they made Astronomy Tower which has almost no exterior screentime, I am sure they can make Bell Towers.

I made this little stand for my Fawkes with some of my leftover pieces, it's not super accurate, but I like it and it fits inside the Headmaster's Office from the Clocktower set.

u6mAZzX.jpg

6 hours ago, Mordarch said:

I made this little stand for my Fawkes with some of my leftover pieces, it's not super accurate, but I like it and it fits inside the Headmaster's Office from the Clocktower set.

Ooh, I like that. It's simple but really nice. I like the use of the imperial epaulettes.

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Would it be possible for lego to produce Bell Tower set even if it was seen real brief in movie scenes? Is the library inside that tower? 

Something I'd really like to see is a D2C house dorms set with a nice detailed recreation of all 4 of them (use pottermore images and description to make Hufflepuff's) and have it include all 4 house ghosts (update nick a bit to be slightly exclusive) and some of the more obscure students.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:10 PM, Seaber said:

Marcus Belby would be great. Rob Knox, the actor who played him went to my old school and lived nearby. He was only 18 when he was murdered in 2008 trying to break up a fight. 

12 hours ago, Seaber said:

I like your interpretation of the Dark Tower where Sirius is imprisoned

Now that I think about it, why was there a prison cell in a wizarding school anyway? 

(There might be some explanation, but I'm not that familiar with the lore. I don't know anything further than books and movies, including Fantastic Beasts.)

2 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

Now that I think about it, why was there a prison cell in a wizarding school anyway? 

(There might be some explanation, but I'm not that familiar with the lore. I don't know anything further than books and movies, including Fantastic Beasts.)

If memory serves, he wasn't put into a prison cell, rather a teacher's office (Dumbledore perhaps?). As far as I'm aware there never was an actual prison cell, other than perhaps Flitch's office.

Edited by Childe_Roland
Spelling