Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I don't know how it ended up looking like you were quoting/replying to me, since that text was from Guyon, which I was replying to in the first place! I personally am not so harsh on the Moments sets, they just don't interest me besides the single McGonagall figure, her head and hair-hat specifically. The Snape figure does look a bit odd with his open coat, but maybe in person it'd look different.

Sorry, I was trying to catch up with the thread and saw the quoted comment first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking through what figures Lego released in all sets up until 2018 and was kind of shocked by how badly represented Hufflepuff is compared to Ravenclaw, considering Gryffindor and Slytherin are obviously the more prominent houses. 

The first ever figures representing Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Slytherin characters were released in 2001. 
First ever Gryffindor and Slytherin students were released in 2001. 
First ever Ravenclaw student was released in 2010. 
First ever figure representing a Hufflepuff character was released in 2011. 
First ever Hufflepuff student was only released in 2018. 


Number of individual characters per house pre 2018:

Gryffindor 16
Slytherin 9
Ravenclaw 7
Hufflepuff 1 (2 if you include Dimensions Newt)

Unknown 4 (Stan, Ernie, Greyback, Moody - maybe one of these will be revealed to be a Hufflepuff. Ernie is listed as Gryffindor in Lego HP 1-4, Moody doesn't seem very Hufflepuff, and it's not even certain Greyback went to school)

The lack of Cedric and Tonks figures are very obvious. 

It's lovely to see the 2018 onwards line having 8 separate Hufflepuff characters (Sprout, Cedric, Tonks, Helga, Susan, Hannah, Justin, and Newt) and hopefully there will be a few more (Ernie, Leanne, Zacharius and the Fat Friar perhaps) in future sets. Oh, and a Moments torso to complete the set please! 

P. S. Can you guess Hufflepuff is my house? :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Micmac, I could totally see (and would love) Gringotts looking exactly like this, only maybe a another 8-16 studs longer so it has slightly more presence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nowhere008 said:

Personally I like the first variant the most. Second variation will look much better if you lift AT and GH (2018) adding rock foundation. Have you considered adding  chess sets under this layout? It would be nice to have kitchen under 2018 GH too.

Your work is amazing, look forward to seeing more posts.   

Thank you. Yeah, I agree that both Astronomy and Grand Staircase towers would look better if I lifted them by either adding extra floors or as you said putting them on rock foundation. I didnt consider adding chess set because that one isnt really modular building, it has no pin holes and you cant stack anything on it like with other sets. I am sure it is possible but you would need some custom building to make it work. My intention was to show how you can connect all these sets without any additional pieces and rebuilds but someone more creative (Xcube) already added chess set into his layout :D

Edited by Textorix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nowhere008 said:

Personally I like the first variant the most. Second variation will look much better if you lift AT and GH (2018) adding rock foundation. Have you considered adding  chess sets under this layout? It would be nice to have kitchen under 2018 GH too.

Your work is amazing, look forward to seeing more posts.   

On 4/20/2021 at 12:10 AM, Xcube said:

I had a similar idea :) I added the chess set to the layout and made already a mocced part to connect the great hall with the forbidden corridor. The RoR isn't on the final position, but I will probably make there a wall, that look similar.

 

Harry-Potter-Official-Hogwarts20th-Combi

Harry-Potter-Official-Hogwarts20th-Combi

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

The D2C this year will apparently be buildable objects, so no Diagon Alley expansions or anything minifig scale :pir-cry_sad:

That's a shame, I was really liking the big buildings (at any scale) that were being released, and having a D2C Gringotts or other buidling would be cool. It also seems weird that Lego went from the year 5-6 sets last year to a mix of years 1-3 sets this one. Maybe the ones being released in August will be Deathly Hallows Themed.

Edited by 501bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 501bricks said:

That's a shame, I was really liking the big buildings (at any scale) that were being released, and having a D2C Gringotts or other buidling would be cool. It also seems weird that Lego went from the year 5-6 sets last year to a mix of years 1-3 sets this one. Maybe the ones being released in August will be Deathly Hallows Themed.

Not much is coming out in August, mostly the D2C and calander. No hint at anything deathly Hallows this year. It's the anniveesy year, that's all it's going to be (most likely).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was literally excited about that Diagon Alley expansion set then I realized it’s just wishlist/discussion. I guess I will return to my mini Dark Age... *glarng at buildable iconic objects collection* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I was bussy building my virtual (future) Hogwarts in stud.io I kinda forgot about how much I wanted Gringotts this year or how I disliked new Hogwarts sets when I thought they wont fit with 2018-2020 ones lol. Except those brickbuilt sets and chess I am pretty satisfied with what we got for this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 3:10 AM, Xcube said:I added the chess set to the layout and made already a mocced part to connect the great hall with the forbidden corridor. The RoR isn't on the final position, but I will probably make there a wall, that look similar.

 

Harry-Potter-Official-Hogwarts20th-Combi

 Harry-Potter-Official-Hogwarts20th-Combi

 

This is really nice. Do you know an approximate  size of this? Surprised with how well green roofs blend in with grey. Although, green plates on the roofs need to be replaced IMO.
 

Thank you for posting, I think I will add chess set too. Really like your vision, please keep us updated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I like the food stickers in the new Great Hall! Are these new?

 

Edited by 501bricks
freeing up image space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 501bricks said:

I like the food stickers in the new Great Hall! Are these new?

Yes they are!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, evanevanevan said:

Micmac, I could totally see (and would love) Gringotts looking exactly like this, only maybe a another 8-16 studs longer so it has slightly more presence

Yeah a second set of windows would bulk it out and make it feel substantial. The reason its small was to fit it on the baseplate system lego used in the official set. I could add an extension on another baseplate with more windows and vaults, might be nice to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nowhere008 said:

This is really nice. Do you know an approximate  size of this? Surprised with how well green roofs blend in with grey. Although, green plates on the roofs need to be replaced IMO.
 

Thank you for posting, I think I will add chess set too. Really like your vision, please keep us updated :)

Around 1m * 1m. Still has to work a little on the stability. Don't want to change anything in the middle of the chess-set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just found out that Luna is included in the COS set.This furthers my theory that the designer team is pro-Luna,which why they are trying to shove her down our throats with each chance they get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I love the upcoming sets. I think it is much better idea to create sets which can be disassembled to the segments with few standard sizes (like polyjuice bathroom), so people can combine them together in the way they like. Also, great job on combining all of the sets together, Hogwart looks stunning. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

So I just found out that Luna is included in the COS set.This furthers my theory that the designer team is pro-Luna,which why they are trying to shove her down our throats with each chance they get.

Who would you have rather had? 

Look at it this way, Lego probably wanted to add a Ravenclaw robe torso, and also probably wanted to add another female character (the ratio is 7 male to 3 female, not including the gold fig). Keeping the Ravenclaw the same height as the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff students seems likely too, which rules out the only Ravenclaw who'd make any sense - Penelope Clearwater. 

That leaves Cho or Luna as likely characters. They've both had four figures each so far, this next wave will be Lina's fifth so Luna isn't preferred too much to Cho  

I'm going to use the robe piece for Penelope, the extra Luna parts will find a good home I'm sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Keeping the Ravenclaw the same height as the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff students seems likely too

In my opinion, less likely and logic than giving us Penelope and completing all human petrified/attacked characters in CoS: Justin, Nick, Colin, Ginny and Penelope in Cos, Hermione in Myrtle's Bathroom.

By the way, keeping the same height would have rule out also Cho, cause she's one year older than Harry, so third year and middle legs :laugh:

I think they simply wanted to add a Ravenclaw robe and Luna is probably the most known, important and appreciated Ravenclaw charachter. Surely more than Penelope.

Not that putting Luna changed my opinion over the set. And I will create my own Penelope with no problem :sweet:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

In my opinion, less likely and logic than giving us Penelope and completing all human petrified/attacked characters in CoS: Justin, Nick, Colin, Ginny and Penelope in Cos, Hermione in Myrtle's Bathroom.

By the way, keeping the same height would have rule out also Cho, cause she's one year older than Harry, so third year and middle legs :laugh:

True, but the CMF and Yule Ball varients had her with medium legs instead of standard legs when she would have been a fifth year, so I don't think giving her short legs in CoS would have been a massive problem :classic:

Penelope would have made more sense for the reason you say, and it would have been good to get the Ginny hairpiece in tan or Bright Light Yellow for her, but I'm sure I'll find something suitable! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Seaber said:

True, but the CMF and Yule Ball varients had her with medium legs instead of standard legs when she would have been a fifth year, so I don't think giving her short legs in CoS would have been a massive problem

Yeah, Lego uses legs length in a very creative way :snicker:

Edited by BrickMatit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Penelope would have made more sense for the reason you say, and it would have been good to get the Ginny hairpiece in tan or Bright Light Yellow for her, but I'm sure I'll find something suitable! 

I'd definitely go with tan, bright light yellow looks ridiculously cartoony in what is otherwise a fairly realistic looking theme. It doesn't bother me as much on Fleur or Hannah but on Draco and Lucius for example it looks terrible.

Edited by Guyon2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Draco and Lucius for example it looks terrible.

Agreed. I decided to stick with Lucius's old face and hair with the DA torso+legs. I also gave him the graduate robe thingy, looks quite good. It would be nice to get the new Dumbledore hairpiece in tan though.

Edited by thenudeorganist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Who would you have rather had? 

Cho I would rather have her,since I like her more.And with each of her appearance I hold out hope that Lego will finally give her the proper skin tone. 

And while you make a good argument of including Ravenclaw students in sets my problem with Luna is that for a secondary character we keep getting her everywhere.I would rather had Sirius with civilian clothes instead of Luna in the second cmf series.There are more important characters that deserve the spotlight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'd definitely go with tan, bright light yellow looks ridiculously cartoony in what is otherwise a fairly realistic looking theme. It doesn't bother me as much on Fleur or Hannah but on Draco and Lucius for example it looks terrible.

I feel I had to make my piece with Bright Light Yellow when Lego gave that colour to Legolas and Haldir, so now I am quite happy with it, except for the Malfoys as you say. 

Star Wars is I think the only licenced theme that exclusively picks Tan over BLY, admittedly it's probably the grittiest licenced theme so the duller pallet is beneficial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

I would rather had Sirius with civilian clothes instead of Luna in the second cmf series.There are more important characters that deserve the spotlight. 

While I would've also liked to get Sirius in his civilian clothes (he's my favorite character after all) it's actually really good they went with Luna. The Gryffindor supporter variant has always been a highly requested one and was highly unlikely to appear anywhere else, whereas Sirius could fit in a lot of potential future sets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.