Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Well I made layout plan once but many people realized it from mocs or mod's of the existing minifig scale sets (I did the same). Basically all you need are the great hall, the other sets and add backsides to them, with some sets more "core" (like womping willow set which was quite hollow). And then you need a "rock base". From interviews we know the great hall was supposed to be added later to the chamber of secrets. So I imagine great hall + great tower + chamber of secrets as a 200-350 set + the other sets around 200 each to get at least the layout of the UCS nanoscale hogwarts in minifigure scale. Would probably end up being

But hey, we can try to already build it ourselves. Every new set gives us tan pieces needed.

I did a super quick and dirty photo edit of how the sets would look connected together from the front (in the same configuration as that lifestyle pic). Overall I think it looks solid, but Lockhart's classroom being at the bottom definitely looks super out of place. Maybe putting the bottom of the flying lesson there will look good instead?

https://imgur.com/a/thDKJRT

11 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Lockhart's classroom being at the bottom definitely looks super out of place. Maybe putting the bottom of the flying lesson there will look good instead?

Without an official set created to fit in that space, I would consider putting a second Myrtle Bathroom there, but gutting the interior and replacing it with ellements from the Potions Hogwarts Moment set. Snape's classroom is in the dungeons after all

13 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I did a super quick and dirty photo edit of how the sets would look connected together from the front (in the same configuration as that lifestyle pic). Overall I think it looks solid, but Lockhart's classroom being at the bottom definitely looks super out of place. Maybe putting the bottom of the flying lesson there will look good instead?

https://imgur.com/a/thDKJRT

Thanks for this, I hadn't actually seen the Girl's Bathroom from the outside yet!

I definitely think some of the configurations advertised are meant to put together just like that from the inside, I feel like Lockhart's classroom is permanently going to stay above the Girl's Bathroom for me. 

I do love how modular the rooms are though, really hope we get another year of this just for some more room-space :grin:. Maybe this is our chance to finally get a good roomy Gryffindor's Common Room

So no news yet on the Quidditch Minifigure Pack yet, huh?  That's odd.  Or not.  I don't remember what time last year we first saw an image of the Students Pack.

76389_alt10.jpg

They were more thorough then expected and even edited the barely visible chocolate frog card in the image above (right behind the croissant). Dang :grin:

Btw, has someone managed to find out what the printed trans-clear head in the top-right corner represents? There's also one of them in the Fluffy set :purrr:

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They were more thorough then expected and even edited the barely visible chocolate frog card in the image above (right behind the croissant). Dang :grin:

Btw, has someone managed to find out what the printed trans-clear head in the top-right corner represents? There's also one of them in the Fluffy set :purrr:

I think it's a jar of dried leaves or something like that, must be potions related. Love the new name btw, although it's definitely gonna take some time to adjust :laugh_hard:

39 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

As you've said it's a super quick and dirty photo :laugh:, but I don't really like how the right part appeares.

I would try keeping Lockhart's classroom under the tower and over Myrtle's bathroom.

Not sure how would it look putting Flying lesson building under Fluffy... maybe better to create a Winged Keys Room MOC with rock outside... or a Snape's Classroom MOC (like @Ferder have said).

Edited by BrickMatit

34 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Nah 2018-2020 sets were great for both exterior and interior display. This wave has average interior or same as 2018-2020 line at best. Fluffy set has almost no interior, COS set has very poor Great Hall interior but other rooms are decent. Only disappointing interior from 2018-2020 line I can think about is Great Staircase tower but otherwise all sets had amazing interiors.

Nah, I disagree. The Clocktower also had a very lackluster interior. DADA classroom was barely recognizable along with the infirmary. Bottom level was empty space. The only good rooms were the Yule Ball and Prefect’s Bathroom. Astronomy Tower had another potions classroom, Slughorn’s office which was a bland office and didn’t have an hourglass piece. The Astronomy Class and the Herbology was great. The spaces of the 2018-2020 sets were used for inconsequential moments in the film where these sets do the film’s biggest scenes justice. And now they aren’t limited to tiny nooks and crannies to make the exterior look good, so we can get bigger scenes like the Chamber of Secrets. Another big plus is getting cool moulds and animals. The Great Hall had Pixies, Basilisk, an owl, a snake so many great accessories. I’m happy both lines exist because the people who like the architecture of Hogwarts can have their sets, where people who are much more concerned about the interiors like me can have our own sets. It’s genius honestly

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

I’m happy both lines exist because the people who like the architecture of Hogwarts can have their sets, where people who are much more concerned about the interiors like me can have our own sets. It’s genius honestly

And people who likes both... poor my wallet! :snicker:

4 hours ago, Xcube said:

So if you buy every set you have 19 cards in total. That means on 16 total different cards, that they are probably random

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They are, it says so on the back of the boxes :classic: The chances of getting all 16 by buying one copy of each set don’t look good at all, and that’s assuming there’s not multiple copies of the same tile within a set, otherwise it looks even worse :laugh_hard: Maybe the D2C set includes like 10 or so, which would make it a lot easier

I assume they are completely random, so if you are unlucky you can get only similar cards in a set. I think it is a fun idea and I am sure kids will love to swap them. Hope to see more cards in next year sets, maybe they will give us a book or a poster build etc where we can keep them in the future :wink:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Am I the only one who's disappointed they didn't show off any of the Chocolate Frog cards? 

A little, but I understand that they like to keep it a surprise for now :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Have to say I really don't like Fluffy in his current form. Either go with an awoken version or asleep, not some awful looking hybrid of both :facepalm: Guess I'm gonna have to BL some extra heads.

I do not see why some of you complain about the heads. To me it was a nice surprise to get 3 different heads, was not expecting more than one type. As you say just BL a couple if you only like one of them..

4 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I hope some people in the UK will swap cards with me if we're missing some. 

I am sure they will :wink:

3 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I just wish there was a small Forbidden Forest Set with Firenze, Fang, Harry and cloaked Voldemort to round off this throwback wave!

Next year maybe :grin:

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

76389_alt10.jpg

Another frog in the set :laugh: A green one in the bottom left corner :grin_wub:

33 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

So no news yet on the Quidditch Minifigure Pack yet, huh?  That's odd.  Or not.  I don't remember what time last year we first saw an image of the Students Pack.

There is no Quidditch Minfigure Pack.

I mean there might be, but it's just speculation for now.

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think it's a jar of dried leaves or something like that, must be potions related. 

I thought it was a jar of dried bananas, but leaves sound better :laugh: 

34 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Love the new name btw, although it's definitely gonna take some time to adjust :laugh_hard:

Thanks, it does take a while to get used to users changing their names, especially when they randomly decide to do so after 14 years :laugh_hard: Better late than never I guess

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I think it is a fun idea and I am sure kids will love to swap them.

It's a funny idea if you have the possibility to swap them and collect them all...

... when I was a kid, yeah I know it was more then 20 years ago :snicker:, I lived in a small village and noone of my friends liked Lego as I did (and do)... I would never have been able to complete my collection... I as a kid wouldn't been so happy for this... 

I wish modern kids more luck :iamded_lol:

29 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Nah, I disagree.

I’m the opposite. For me the 18-20 hogwart interior was far more detailed. The main difference is that in the previous iteration they tried to give us everything, so a lot of it was scaled down to more mini-representations - but for me these really hit the mark and felt super detailed.

these new sets are more focussed on one specific events, so have less detailing as by definition they are trying to represent less. They are still great for what they are, but as display sets I find the 18-20 versions much more pleasing and detailed both inside and out.

on a slightly different note, the quidditch lesson feels a little different and is the one set here that probably goes with either castle. It reminds me more of the room of requirements sets in terms of what it offers.

Edited by TheInvisibleMan

Marcos Bessa took to Instagram to confirm he was still the creative lead for this wave and provided a list of the designers who worked on each set, though he didn't mention the Flying Lesson one. 

Hogwarts: Polyjuice Potion Mistake
Design: Marcos Bessa
Graphic Design: Peter Kjærgaard and Djørdjæ Djørdjævic

Hogwarts: Fluffy Encounter
Design: Yi-Chien Cheng with Fluffy's head sculpts by Ruth Kelly
Graphic Design: Peter Kjærgaard and Djørdjæ Djørdjævic

Hogwarts: Chamber of Secrets
Design: Nicolaas Vas (as we predicted going off the many frogs) and Cornish Pixies by Miriam Toril

Hogsmeade Village Visit
Design: Yi-Chien Cheng

Hogwarts Wizard's Chess
Design: Marcos Bessa

Harry Potter & Hermione Granger
Design: collaboration between Marcos Bessa, Woon Tze Chee and Nicolaas Vas. Vas created the final product
Graphic Design: Djørdjæ Djørdjævic

Fawkes, Dumbledore's Phoenix
Design: Wes Talbott
Graphic Design: -

There are too many comments to go through right now so I’ll just post this quick as it just happened:

I sent Marcos Bessa some compliments on his work and he replied to one of my questions so I’ll share it here:

Me: Did you want to include a tail for Hermione? What was the reason for not including one?

Marcos: About the tail, the space in the toilet cabin was very small and the tail would make it impossible for her to fit in... it also simplifies the transformation for kids to play it out by simply swapping heads/wigs...

Please guys don’t spam his inbox for further questions 😅

Edited by Bugbot20082

26 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There is no Quidditch Minfigure Pack.

I mean there might be, but it's just speculation for now.

Jedi Jac Penguin has set # 40500 listed some kind of minifigure pack.  And I thought some other reliable leakers had confirmed that it was Quidditch with Harry, Cho, Malfoy, and Zacharias Smith, or something like that.  But maybe it was fake, I don't know.  :shrug_confused:

1 minute ago, RogueTwo said:

Jedi Jac Penguin has set # 40500 listed some kind of minifigure pack.  And I thought some other reliable leakers had confirmed that it was Quidditch with Harry, Cho, Malfoy, and Zacharias Smith, or something like that.  But maybe it was fake, I don't know.  :shrug_confused:

The initial info came from me and still applies but that's all we currently know. The Quidditch information came from He Who Must Not Be Named and is assumed to be fake as his other "info" was too.

4 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

And I thought some other reliable leakers had confirmed that it was Quidditch with Harry, Cho, Malfoy, and Zacharias Smith, or something like that.

For what I remember this piece of info wasn't confirmed...

Edited by BrickMatit

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

and Cornish Pixies by Miriam Toril

36 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Fluffy's head sculpts by Ruth Kelly

Great info to get, wish I had it for every animal mould made :sweet:

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Vas created the final product

I wonder how many frogs there are inside the big figs :tongue:

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I wonder how many frogs there are inside the big figs :tongue:

The body looks like it might be hollow, good place to put some "eaten" chocolate frogs :wink:

41 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The initial info came from me and still applies but that's all we currently know. The Quidditch information came from He Who Must Not Be Named and is assumed to be fake as his other "info" was too.

Ah, I see.  Thank you for clarifying!  :sweet:

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

There is a minfigure pack coming, but that information you've just written is fake. We don't know what it's based on.

I got kinda obsessed with finding out what the brown book in the CoS set is based on so after comparing it with a long list of in-universe books I ended up just asking Marcos Bessa. It is "Year with the Yeti", one of the books required for Lockharts classes! 

I also asked about the portrait of Hengist of Woodcroft they included in The Three Broomsticks, both the inclusion of this portrait and "Year with the Yeti" were ideas from graphic designer and Potterhead Peter Kjærgaard!