Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

They should have done some stickers for Devil's Snare in the background because it looks too bare.

I just wish there was a small Forbidden Forest Set with Firenze, Fang, Harry and cloaked Voldemort to round off this throwback wave!

8 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Also, in Europe flying lesson is 1st June, while in USA it's August

It’s June 1st for us just exclusive to kohl’s 

Just now, SuperChris said:

How did you predict that the chess set would cost more in the UK than the US?!

Hmm wow I didn't even realise. I guess I went off the Euro price for that and it turned out lucky that I did. :roflmao:

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah Slovak prices are extra €10 on Hogsmeade and COS... other sets seem to cost same like in other countries

And most of the smaller ones are plus €5 more compared to Germany/France. 

5 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Oh no! Dutch price is an extra plus €10 on most sets, even Belgium has lower prices! 

Not cool LEGO! 

Really... what the hell! Well have to buy the sets somewhere else. 150 euro for the chamber of secrets is INSANE!

Now we just need to see the Acc. pack, the AC and the brick-built crap D2C.

I'm a little worried about the GWPs. I'm not planning to purchase the D2C so I hope I don't miss out, it doesn't look like one is launching with these sets in June. 

3 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Really... what the hell! Well have to buy the sets somewhere else. 150 euro for the chamber of secrets is INSANE!

It’s gonna be: Amazon.de :laugh: 

Just now, Magnum said:

It’s gonna be: Amazon.de :laugh: 

Yep. Paid 60 for the clocktower and 65 for the Hogwarts Express. Not a fan of Amazon... But if lego charges these insane prices, I have no other choice.

Time to write down my final thoughts on this entire wave, I apologise in advance for the length of this post :grin:

Polyjuice Potion Mistake 
I'm very glad we finally got a LEGO version of this scene but the execution is.... questionable. I like the sinks but the bathroom stall doesn't do it for me, neither do the Crabbe and Goyle heads (I would've preferred something that's less specific). That said I love the fact the sink can open up and it's incredible to get 3 Slytherin robes in a relatively cheap set. Will definitely get this one.

First Flying Lesson
While this scene never really caught my interest I'm very satisfied with this set. The build doesn't look too exciting but uses some useful pieces and features some very useful stickers like the House flags and James' Quidditch trophy. The figures aren't all that special either but Hooch looks nice and it's always good to get some more robes, especially non-Gryffindor ones! The Remembrall is great, I love how they put a different print on both sides so we can use it in both it's normal and ''hey you've forgotten something'' form. Will definitely get this one. 

Fluffy Encounter
This is definitely the worst of the playsets in my opinion. The build is rather generic and there aren't a whole lot of interesting pieces, to add to that the figures are rather bland even though they have robes which I always appreciate. The interior is very basic and lackluster but the stuff that is there looks good. Now to adress the elephant in the room, Fluffy, who does not look good. I never really took much issue in the fact he's partially brickbuilt and I still don't but those heads are inexcusable, either go with a fully awoken Fluffy or a sleeping one and not some awful looking hybrid of both. Honestly not sure if I'll pick this up, will depend on the height of the discount stores will put on it. 

Fawkes
A really impressive build with a good looking Dumbledore variant, there's really not much more to be said! As I'm personally not a fan of sets like these I'll skip on it though.

Wizard's Chess
It's a controversial word to use in regards to LEGO sets but I will use it here anyway: this set is garbage. A few of the problems I have with this set: 
- The chess pieces don't look recognisable.
- The chess pieces aren't even close to being in scale with the figures (though I get what they were trying to do here). 
- The chess pieces look like they'll fall over any second. 
- There are no studs on the board to attach the chess pieces to. 
- With an entirely tiled over chess board a studded border looks rather awkward. 
- Accurate but rather bland minifigures. 
Suffice to say this set is one of the hardest passes I've done in the past few years

Hogsmeade Village Visit
While there are some small details that do not fully satisfy me like the sign for The Three Broomsticks or the rather bland sides of the buildings I have to say I am very impressed with the final look of this set! The builds are mostly fantastic and I adore the interiors and all the little details like Woodcroft's portrait, the shrunken heads and the various unique details in Honeydukes. As a fan of obscure characters I'm also very satisfied with the figures, who look really good aside from Mrs Flume's reused faceprint (damn Helga Hufflepuff again :angry:). Will definitely get this one.

Harry Potter & Hermione Granger
While the initial leak did show us a very good looking new concept I have to go back on my earlier comments, this looks a bit weird to me. The legs, arms and hands look very odd and then there's the faces.... which are just completely flat. It's a new concept that I wouldn't mind seeing further explored in the future but it definitely needs some finetuning. Easy skip for me.

Chamber of Secrets
It won't come to anyone's surprise that I find the exterior of this set to be, well... crap. The good thing is that there's a lot of interesting and useful pieces in this set and I adore all the accessories like Lockhart's many portraits, the Cheeri Owls and Pixiepuffs cereal boxes, Lockhart's book, the new bottle print, the new candle mold and so on. The minifigures and Basilisk are also very solid, I love the amount of robes that's included in this set (finally some Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw love :grin_wub:) and the other figures look good for the most part. Will definitely pick this up. 

Overall I think this is a good but rather strange wave and one that definitely won't go down in 'history' as one of my favorite Harry Potter waves. That said it looks like we're now almost entirely done with stuff they could make based on the first 2 movies and for that I am grateful, now bring on the Deathly Hallows sets! :excited:

7 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

I haven't bought anything off S@H in ages, I'd rather burn my money than support these anti-consumer practises.

I find the most interesting part is how they really focus on rearranging the flying lesson sections. I like this new method of having a modular castle. Those sections could clearly be stacked and combined with the other castle parts.

is the first flying lesson able to connect to the chamber of secrets/girls bathroom/the forbidden corridor because I don't see it advertised anywhere? though it is a retailer exclusive so maybe that's why Lego isn't advertising it as much along with the other sets:shrug_confused: 

I'd appreciate your help guys, as I'm not sure which sets to buy.

I want to have Hogwarts expansions only from this year, as apart from Hogsmeade none of other sets interest me, and I'd prefer Hogwarts to Hogsmeade. As for Chamber of Secrets, I don't want to buy such a giant set.

Now, Polyjuice Potion is a must buy for me. I'll definitely pick this one up.

The question is - should I buy First Flying Lesson or Fluffy Encounter?

I feel like PP set connects much more smoothly and better in general with FE set, as we can see in some pictures. 

On the other hand, whole not connecting too well to PP set, FFL would definitely give a bigger variety of things in general, like more characters for example.

does hooch have a new face? ik she leaked a while ago with golden ron(?) but i can't remember

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Definitely flying lesson

2 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

does hooch have a new face? ik she leaked a while ago with golden ron(?) but i can't remember

New

Since I don't buy any of the more expensive sets (Great Hall, Whomping Willow etc.) I'm probably not going to get the Chamber of Secrets set.

And the cheaper sets of Fluffy and Moaning Myrtles bathroom to me don't look that great on their own.

Fortunately I think the flying lesson looks fantastic, especially on its own. The minifigures are pretty good, including a bit of the trophy room is a great idea. The stone statue and remembrall details are nice too. (I'm a sucker for statues from the films, loved the graveyard death statue and the architect in the first calender)

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I would definitely go with the First Flying Lesson. The build is more far more interesting and all 3 characters are different, whereas those in the Fluffy set are the same. And then there's also Fluffy ofc, who's heads look absolutely awful.

Edited by Guyon2002

The prices of these are absolutely disgusting. I’ll get these in the US because not buying lego in my country anymore. 😤

if I buy the fluffy set it'll be pre-owned with no minifigs for around 20-30$ why because I'm not paying 40$ for an oversized dog with horrible printing and 3 minifig dupes that have robes that I already have and don't plan on using :classic: the only part that's worthwhile for me is the building 

LMAO. The middle Fluffy head probably looks like it is winking.

I might use this as an excuse to buy duplicate sets: to get more Fluffy heads.

Yey, official release! :wub: I will definitely buy Hogsmeade, Flying lesson and Myrtle's bathroom (so 130 euro already...); but I will wait for sales in Dreamland (Belgian toy store) or Amazon. I don't like Amazon either, but, well, if you can save 15-40 per set... not gonna complain here, right? :tongue:

31 minutes ago, steam235 said:

I find the most interesting part is how they really focus on rearranging the flying lesson sections. I like this new method of having a modular castle. Those sections could clearly be stacked and combined with the other castle parts.

That is exactly my thought, too! It is a very clever design, offering quite some possibilities. And now only with the Flying lesson, it seems, but also with the other sets. I really like it. Moreover, it does remind to the old HP sets, whose instructions always included new possibilities to rearrange or rebuild.

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Flying lesson with no doubt :classic:

Edited by Shiene
spelling

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks like the new and more accurate design for Tom Riddle's diary is a sticker.

It definitely is

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This promotional video offers a look at all Hogwarts sections combined (although the lighting is awful):

Will definitely switch this little balcony and Lockhart's room, so that it's closer to classroom