Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Do we know for sure that the Girls’ Bathroom has some kind of trapdoor feature to work with the slide in Chamber of Secrets? Because I can see why they’d do it but I haven’t seen any pictures proving that it’s actually a thing, and it seems unlikely to me that LEGO would have a function like that, that only works if you attach it to the really big set. 

There are hinges at the top of the Bathroom build and the official 2021 Hogwarts configuration shows the Bathroom (and to be even more specific: the sink) right above the room filled with bones and a slide.

Not that anyone asked but here is my opinion

The sets look way better than the first pictures and thats amazing

I am still a bit annoyed that they used the green roofs but ok I guess I can still integrate them in the collection I have

I thinks it would not be so hard to mix it up with the current sets even if the roofs are different coulours. In the worst case you can just get the CoS and put it under great hall

Now for the sets

Chamber of Secrets looks great either as a standalone set or as part of some castle

The only issue I think is they could have done salazars head the entrance wayy better

I love the details they have and I think they could have used the same colour of the old basilisk

The bathroom is just a small set so its ok

The fluffy set is great I saw they have the trap door so I think it can work great with the other sets

Still dont know if there is the winged keys part

Hogsmeade we all agree is amazing

The fawkes set is good I would get it if I get Hedwig

The chess set. I see everyone hates that there are no studs. I thinks thats awesome because it looks way better and more like a chess board. Maybe less functional but for display is very good

The quiditch one is fine

I am so happy they made one of the more expensive sets as buildable figures so I dont have to buy it

Lets hope they do something similar for the D2C so I can save 250 bucks haha

12 minutes ago, Juve said:

Still dont know if there is the winged keys part

There isn't. It's just Fluffy's room, the Devil's Snare and a turret with what might be a reference to Snape's Potions challange that ended up being cut from the film.

12 minutes ago, Juve said:

The chess set. I see everyone hates that there are no studs. I thinks thats awesome because it looks way better and more like a chess board. Maybe less functional but for display is very good

I don't think people hating the lack studs is necessarily related to the aesthetic of the set, at least not for me personally. The lack of studs is hated on because the builds for the chess pieces look like they'll fall over very easily, making the set hard to use for actual chess matches and for display. Including 1 stud on every square would've been a super easy fix to such a vital problem.

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Snape's Potions challange that ended up being cut from the film

It was planned to be in the film? o_0

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

It was planned to be in the film? o_0

No. But anything that's in the book and not in the movie was technically cut.

25 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

What time do sets usually get announced? With last year's HP sets it was around 1-3PM GMT time. 

Nearly always around 3PM CEST from what I recall so around 2 hours from now.

Edited by Guyon2002

4 minutes ago, BRIX LIFE said:

Hi guys,

anyone know if in girl's bathroom set, we've got crabbe and goyle face prints?

They do.

9 minutes ago, BRIX LIFE said:

Hi guys,

anyone know if in girl's bathroom set, we've got crabbe and goyle face prints?

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They do.

Do they come with hairpieces as well?

2 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

Do they come with hairpieces as well?

I'm not sure if we know that, but it's as likely as it can be.

It wouldn't make much sense without it.

I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan, but the chess set looks kinda fun.

How much is it, again?

As I was reading a few recent pages, honestly, I’m very excited for one thing: Hogmeade. Other sets don’t interest me much. I really don’t care about golden minifigure so I would sell it.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There isn't. It's just Fluffy's room, the Devil's Snare and a turret with what might be a reference to Snape's Potions challange that ended up being cut from the film.

Off Lego topic: Kinda bugged me even back then that they cut that; I get why, it's not really visually interesting, but I think the potions challenge display Hermione's intelligence in itself and not just the usual "she remembers all the course work" which, for example, saved them from the Devil's Snare. Also, in the film's favour, a bit more sympathetic that they don't just leave Ron lying there while they immediately press on.

On Lego topic: If the new, more modular style is sticking around, it does give Lego the option in the future to do the winged keys as a small RoR/girl's bathroom sized set, maybe even bigger to include the final Quirrell showdown.

Hmm...Target is no longer advertising pre-orders on their LEGO landing page.  Oh well, no one expected a release of new sets to be simple :laugh:

15 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Hmm...Target is no longer advertising pre-orders on their LEGO landing page.  Oh well, no one expected a release of new sets to be simple :laugh:

This doesn't mean pre-order won't start today. Maybe they're getting ready to start it and decided to remove advertisement 

Edited by Legofania

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

This doesn't mean pre-order won't star today. Maybe they're getting ready to start it and decided to remove advertisement 

Very true, I just find it odd.  We'll find out in a couple hours!  :classic:

So I'm not sure i understand, is the Anniversary minifig only available now if you preorder or anytime in the future these are sold?

1 minute ago, natesroom said:

So I'm not sure i understand, is the Anniversary minifig only available now if you preorder or anytime in the future these are sold?

Everytime in the set

1 minute ago, natesroom said:

The golden minifigs are just included with the sets like the other minifigures