Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Minifigure from Fawkes is 2018 Dumbledore

Where has that been revealed? Great if it's correct, no need to BL Dumbledore parts like I had to do with Hedwig's Harry :) 

2 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Where has that been revealed? Great if it's correct, no need to BL Dumbledore parts like I had to do with Hedwig's Harry :) 

I asked brick.sp (the guy who revealed flying lesson set and bathroom in good quality)if he could show me full pic and he did

5 minutes ago, Legofania said:

I asked brick.sp (the guy who revealed flying lesson set and bathroom in good quality)if he could show me full pic and he did

Lovely stuff! Kind of a shame that it's not a new print, but my bank account is more cheerful this morning

Except the COS and Fawkes sets these sets really seems to be lacing animal moulds and was there one thing the sets from 20 years ago was not lacing it was owls and other animals :pir-hmpf_bad:
I give COS 8/10 in the animal mould department:

• +has a new barn owl:thumbup:
  • +has a normal snowy owl
  • +has the flying owl in pearl gold for the first time
  • +6 frogs that is a perfect number of frogs
  • +the basilisk looks great and the new head fantastic
  • +get new pixies and even 2
  • -could have included Fawkes, but I am glad they went with the barn owl instead
  • -could have included another owl, the Hogwarts from 2001 had 4 after all

Fawkes get 6/10:

• +it includes Fawkes for the first time in a set since it came in the CMF last year
  • -Hedwig last year got a new mould so the score would be higher if we got that, but was not really expecting it

So far the rest of the sets looks like they are getting 0/0 or maybe I can give Flyffy 3/10 for the new head the rest 0/0! No owls when most of the sets had them 20 year ago and not even frogs in sets that give us chocolate-frog cards :wacko:

25 minutes ago, Legofania said:

That is fantastic news. Glad to not have to track any figures down. Thank you for sharing. 

The jumper 2x2 plate in front of Fawkes made me wonder if the 2018 Dumbledore is getting the same treatment as the 2018 McGonagall got in the Transfiguration book (regarding a new printed cloaked leg/skirt piece). Because with the normal legs he had previoulsly he can't be centered on the display jumper plate in front of Fawkes. But if he had the cmf style robe piece, he could be centered because of the anti-stud in the middle. So his leg piece might be exclusive, @Legofania
?

Edited by Metanoios91

34 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Same face print and all? *huh* Weird, I thought the new face print and hair colour introduced in last year’s CMF series would be the new standard for the Harris version :shrug_oh_well: Why have both versions available at once when one pretty clearly replaces the other?

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

Would that be the Richard Harris Dumbledore or the Michael Gambon Dumbledore? :tongue: Just checking as they could release the blue-robed Dumbledore from the cmf without any obvious reprints. 

Also I can’t believe the only set we don’t have HD pics for is the Fluffy set! Hopefully we see it today 

12 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The jumper 2x2 plate in front of Fawkes made me wonder if the 2018 Dumbledore is getting the same treatment as the 2018 McGonagall got in the Transfiguration book (regarding a new printed cloaked leg/skirt piece). Because with the normal legs he had previoulsly he can't be centered on the display jumper plate in front of Fawkes. But if he had the cmf style robe piece, he could be centered because of the anti-stud in the middle. So his leg piece might be exclusive, @Legofania
?

I don't know if it's just me, but now it seems as if his suit is a bit lighter than 2018 and his legs have different prints. Hard to say to me, especially since quality isn't good enough

Check _legonaire_ on instagram, there's a full pic

Edited by Legofania

First of all: He has white hair and beard.

He has normal legs but the print on torso and legs looks different from 2018

It's hard to say about torso, because beard covers it, but from what I can see it looks the same to me, I'd like to be wrong.

And I forgot that he had grey beard and hair in 2018 lol

From what I can see the beard is obviously white and the print does look different; there are some gold lines going across the torso whereas the 2018 version has dots down the middle. It also looks more dark orange than red to me.

Wasn't it last year that there was a Dumbledore coming out with a book and in the initial pictures everyone thought he was wearing a brown outfit? Then when it was released it turned out it was the dark red all along. The colour of this brown reminds me of exactly the colour of that leak last year. Just can't seem to find pictures of it now to compare. Does anyone else remember this?

Even if it is slightly different, think he is still similar enough that I wont be trying to track him down.

I'm pretty sure the torso and legs are a new print. The colour is also more of an orange than a dark red and I think I know which outfit this is.
It's what he wears in quite some scenes in COS, which is fitting of course.

Portrait of Albus Dumbledore — Harry Potter Fan Zone

(Also, this is the outfit in the Chamber of Secrets set)

Portrait of Albus Dumbledore

Edited by hoiharry

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

It is completely different exclusive minifigure. He has white hair and his torso and legs are more orange than red version from 2018. So it means we have like 6 Dumbledores already, thats great.

Edited by Textorix

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

It is completely different exclusive minifigure. He has white hair and his torso and legs are more orange than red version from 2018. So it means we have like 6 Dumbledores already, thats great.

I think, with the new sets, we have basicly every outfit he's ever been in :laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, hoiharry said:

I think, with the new sets, we have basicly every outfit he's ever been in :laugh_hard:

They still can do Michael Gambon's version from cmf without his hat or what it is, Dumbledore from his memories in 6th film, Dumbledore from Riddle's memories and Dumbledore from Fantastic Beasts

Would be nice if in FB we'd see Dumbledore as a kid, when they were friends with Grindewald, so that we could get his kid version

2 minutes ago, Legofania said:

They still can do Michael Gambon's version from cmf without his hat or what it is, Dumbledore from his memories in 6th film, Dumbledore from Riddle's memories and Dumbledore from Fantastic Beasts

Just use the 2018 hairpiece from Dumbledore on the Michael Gambon version and there you go hahaha.
But yeah, I did not count the younger versions of Dumbledore :wink:

1 minute ago, hoiharry said:

Just use the 2018 hairpiece from Dumbledore on the Michael Gambon version and there you go hahaha.

True, but I feel like he will appear somewhere in the future. Maybe even in crystal cave, pretty iconic place 

Gambon's Dumbledore actually has loads of variants - but they're all very similar. Compare the PoA welcome feast to the GoF welcome feast to the Horcrux Cave outfits for example, you can see subtle but clear changes in the costume. By my count there were about six versions of Gambon's pale blue costume. 

I guess it's good we're getting another Harris Dumbledore, shame it doesn't have the skirt piece but another new figure :D

Do we know for sure that the Girls’ Bathroom has some kind of trapdoor feature to work with the slide in Chamber of Secrets? Because I can see why they’d do it but I haven’t seen any pictures proving that it’s actually a thing, and it seems unlikely to me that LEGO would have a function like that, that only works if you attach it to the really big set. 

3 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Do we know for sure that the Girls’ Bathroom has some kind of trapdoor feature to work with the slide in Chamber of Secrets? Because I can see why they’d do it but I haven’t seen any pictures proving that it’s actually a thing, and it seems unlikely to me that LEGO would have a function like that, that only works if you attach it to the really big set. 

You can see one of the sinks flips forwards and can be places on top of the slide in the CoS set.