Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Prometheus87 said:

My guess is that it's somewhat like the Obi-Wan 20th Anniversary "polybag" figure. 

Agreed. Since the D2C will likely feature Dumbledore, I'm not sure who it could be in the polybag though: Draco is who we've all been predicting, but I'm not sure if average consumers would be willing to pay $75 (or so) to get a special Draco figure, especially since his torso would be very similar to those of the Golden² Trio. Perhaps McGonagall, since she's a fan favorite and would only require one new recolor?

If I were LEGO, I'd have had Golden Quirrell in the polybag, with Draco in the Bathroom (and switching Harry to the Flying Lesson), but that clearly isn't what's happening.

3 minutes ago, Undi3sss said:

Kinda sad to see there's isn't a new set for the 2018 style ones this year?.

Not sure there ever will be either, we where not missing a lot and what we was missing was more to do with figs and scenes from DA. Would not be surprised if they start over with this style and just give us more sets next year and after a few years we finally get DA sets in the same style. After all City gets a new police-station every year and how many millennium falcons has SW got over the years :shrug_oh_well:

28 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Actually we have a look at interior. Check stonewars, pic where all sets are combined

I've seen the one picture where the sets are all combined but I'd like to see it in color with just that specific set.  Also I have zero success trying to view anything posted by stonewars.  Searching their website for Harry Potter turns up no results for me.

I wasn't sure about buying any of the new sets (given that I love the 2018 style of Hogwarts, and hate the green roofs) but I think I will display them with the exteriors facing out, placed behind the previous Hogwarts sets, as if they were the missing 4th wall. That way I can have the better exteriors of the previous waves, and see the interiors of the new sets (as I think are the most interesting aspects of this wave), without been bothered by the green roofs.

Edited by Khriz92

Does anyone know how how I can find the preliminary images? I’d quite like to go back and compare.

Edit: found a video, no worries

Edited by sammy_zammy

20 minutes ago, karrit said:

I've seen the one picture where the sets are all combined but I'd like to see it in color with just that specific set.  Also I have zero success trying to view anything posted by stonewars.  Searching their website for Harry Potter turns up no results for me.

Change your url to say just stonewars.de instead of the regular URL. That did it for me. Hope this helps!

The Anniversary Sets are everyone I was hoping for :wub:

My favourites: 

1. Chamber of Secrets (definite buy!) 
  2. The Forbidden Corridor (I'd get it if my youngest brother hadn't already bagsy-d it for Fluffy)
  3. Hogsmede (possible buy) 
  4. Chess set (possible buy)
  5. Girls' Bathroom (definite buy just because of the Chamber sink entrance - I love the black slide in the chamber set) 
  6. Flying Lesson (probably won't buy) 
  7. Fawkes and the Megafigures (well-designed but not interesting to me)

Also I'm so excited by the rock foundations on these new sets, I've got loads of those 4x6 rock pieces so I'm really looking forward to putting rock under a few more of my towers 

612e86amITL._AC_SS450_.jpg

32 minutes ago, Undi3sss said:

Kinda sad to see there's isn't a new set for the 2018 style ones this year?.

Also very keen to see if people can moc these to work with the 2018 sets/would love the chamber of secrets section under the 2018 great hall.

I am sad too and I dont think they will ever return to 2018 style. I am definetely planing to moc them to fit with my 2018 layout.

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I am sad too and I dont think they will ever return to 2018 style. I am definetely planing to moc them to fit with my 2018 layout.

Do you think they'll continue with the anniversary theme (sand green roofs etc) beyond the anniversary year?  I'm pretty sure this will be a one off and we'll be back to a Deathly Hallows wave next year.

Can anyone make out the printed piece under the pink gem in the great hall? Looks like it has a label and decoration for some kind of potion or something.

4 minutes ago, Yope said:

Do you think they'll continue with the anniversary theme (sand green roofs etc) beyond the anniversary year?  I'm pretty sure this will be a one off and we'll be back to a Deathly Hallows wave next year.

Can anyone make out the printed piece under the pink gem in the great hall? Looks like it has a label and decoration for some kind of potion or something.

I will be shocked if we get a definite DH wave, even moreso in the old style, next year.

Edited by Modal

Wow, these sets are simply incredible! The Basilisk exiting the mouth looks amazing, can't wait to display the interiors of these sets. I always wanted to display the interiors of the old sets but could never get myself to do it because the exteriors were just so good. Finally, there is a solution for that!

My favourite set has to be the Great Hall. The minifigure selection is superb. Glad to see they have fixed the printing on Riddle's diary. Can anyone confirm if it is actually a print and not a sticker? The only nitpick I have is the lack of Lockhart's cape. Come on, it's like releasing a Lando Calrissian minifigure without a cape. Does anyone know what color are Lockhart's robes? I was thinking of bricklinking this cape for him https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=19888&idColor=68#T=S&C=68&O={"color":"68","iconly":0}

Any suggestions maybe?

I only managed to get six pages into the 20 created so far today so it may have been pointed out already, but Target is advertising pre-orders from tomorrow, including the Target exclusive set. So it suggests the official reveal tomorrow.

Well, I am definitely buying the Flying class and Hogsmeade. They fit nicely with the 2018-2020 Hogwarts, so no doubt there, day 1 to me :wub:

Myrtle's bathroom might look a bit odd as stand-alone, but maybe it can also be integrated with the 2018-20 Hogwarts (we are not really into MOC); and, in any case, it seems not to be very expensive either, so I'll probably get it too. Great Hall + CoS and Fluffly's corridor, on the other hand... I do like them, especially DADA's classroom and how everything can be connected (well, the place for DADA's class once everything is combined seems also a bit odd); but will they look nice with the rest of the Hogwarts display? That is the question!

While the bathroom set is clearly supposed to be put on top of the chamber entrance so the play feature can be activated, I actually think it LOOKS better combined with the Fluffy set. 

Separating Lockhart's office from his classroom is odd and then putting the classroom in the "dungeons" is odd as well. At least the bathroom makes sense for the lower levels.

My ranking would be 

1) Chamber of Secrets: This is probably my new favorite HP set of all time. It’s the full package, awesome interior with equally awesome minfigures. That slide play feature is incredible. So much goodness in this set, I could write a dissertation on it. Insta-buy

2) Girl’s Bathroom: Another two iconic scenes in Chamber and as someone who thinks Chamber is the best HP book, these sets are right up my alley. Poly juice Hermoine and Crabbe and Goyle are great minifigs. Insta-buy

3) First Flying Lesson: I’m surprised this set is so far up, I had no plans of buying this till I saw it today. The exterior is beautiful and it faithfully recreates the PS’s scene. Especially love that statue and that updated Hooch is a must get. Another throwback to the 2001 set but done with a modern twist. Insta-buy

4) Forbidden Corridor: This set would be higher but the interior of this one is a bit lackluster, though I appreciate the inclusion of Devil’s Snare. Wish this set came with the Chess Set minifigs. I really do hope we get Winged Keys, a smaller Chess, and the Mirror of Erised next year because it would be weird just to have one challenge. Buy

5) Hogsmeade: Good set, but I just personally don’t care for it all. I like the darker hues of the prelims better. Minifigs are just really meh. Skip

6) Chess Set: Decent set but again I just don’t care for it. Exclusive minifigs are definitely getting bricklinked. Skip

7) Fawkes: It’s just Hedwig P2, a bit lazy but I get it because Hedwig sold like crazy. Skip

8) Buildable figures: Why exactly do these exist? I own these minifigs, I don’t care to see them at a larger scale. I really wish we got another Hogwarts extension at the $120 mark with the Challenges, full blown Dumbledore’s Office, some parts of the Forbidden Forest, something like that. 

18 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

The only nitpick I have is the lack of Lockhart's cape. Come on, it's like releasing a Lando Calrissian minifigure without a cape.

It bothered me as well but looking for the outfit in question I realized it's actually accurate: 

Screenshot_85.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture but it's the only one I could find :tongue:

9 minutes ago, RODDY said:

5) Hogsmeade: Good set, but I just personally don’t care for it all. I like the darker hues of the prelims better. Minifigs are just really meh. Skip

Damn you kinda ruined it for me now, I forgot how much better the dark brown looked in the prelim.

37 minutes ago, Stefanisimo said:

Wow, these sets are simply incredible! The Basilisk exiting the mouth looks amazing, can't wait to display the interiors of these sets. I always wanted to display the interiors of the old sets but could never get myself to do it because the exteriors were just so good. Finally, there is a solution for that!

My favourite set has to be the Great Hall. The minifigure selection is superb. Glad to see they have fixed the printing on Riddle's diary. Can anyone confirm if it is actually a print and not a sticker? The only nitpick I have is the lack of Lockhart's cape. Come on, it's like releasing a Lando Calrissian minifigure without a cape. Does anyone know what color are Lockhart's robes? I was thinking of bricklinking this cape for him https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=19888&idColor=68#T=S&C=68&O={"color":"68","iconly":0}

Any suggestions maybe?

I'm definitely doing this!!!

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It bothered me as well but looking for the outfit in question I realized it's actually accurate: 

Sorry for the blurry picture but it's the only one I could find :tongue:

harry-potter2-movie-screencaps.com-15554

He does put on a cloak later in the film though. 

4 minutes ago, JaHawk2009 said:

Do we have UK prices for all these?

{Not confirmed, just my estimates based on current set conversions]

Polyjuice Potion Mistake - £17.99

First Flying Lesson - £24.99 

Wizards Chess - £64.99

Hogsmeade - £74.99

Fluffy Encounter - £34.99

Chamber of Secrets - £129.99

Fawkes - £34.99

Harry & Hermione - £119.99

Oh my god, those buildable minifigs are amazing!!!! And theyre the same scale as my 6x sized headless horseman! They look exceptionally smooth and really well done!

17 minutes ago, Seaber said:

He does put on a cloak later in the film though. 

I know, that's why it bothered me. But seeing as there are scenes in which he doesn't wear one I can forgive the exclusion of a cape in the set.

Is it confirmed that the blonde figure in the CoS set is Luna? I’m thinking Penelope Clearwater. Makes sense given the Chamber theme - even though she was only petrified in the books.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/harrypotter/images/4/4b/Pepe4.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160830005853

edit - I’ve seen the write up on stonewars. Looks like it is luna.

Edited by SuperChris