Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sinestra was fake all along :laugh_hard: These two sets look excellent!

There‘s only one thing I dislike: the chocoloate frog card tiles are randomised :hmpf_bad: It‘s Vidiyo all over again! Hopefully they won‘t be too hard to collect

But the positive is they are actually printed tiles and there is many different designs not just one per set

"LEGO Harry Potter Visita a la Aldea de Hogsmeade incluye además 4 cartas de magos para coleccionar de un total de 16"

so there are 16 different cards

3 minutes ago, Xcube said:

"LEGO Harry Potter Visita a la Aldea de Hogsmeade incluye además 4 cartas de magos para coleccionar de un total de 16"

so there are 16 different cards

Good to know, thanks :thumbup: So the CoS includes 6, Hogsmeade 4, and I assume the other two sets 3 and 2 respectively. I hope the remaining sets also include some tiles, otherwise this will get dicey :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

It‘s Luna :classic:

Weird, but it makes no difference to me, it's all about that robe piece :laugh:

Hopefully we get a robes student pack as well as a Quidditch robes pack in the next few years. 

I love all the Lockhart classroom/office stuff, and that Hogwarts banner. Dumbledore's hair in white is great, just wish it came with the hat piece as well, but that's just being greedy. 

These sets are really, really cool. 

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Great Hall includes one more minifig than expected :laugh: Of course Luna doesn‘t make a whole lot of sense, but that Rabenclaw robe torso print should be worth it :thumbup:

Other highlights for me:

• New face prints for Dean and Mr Flume
  • new printed head piece for Honeydukes jar
  • 2 pixies
  • The Basilisk :wub_drool:
  • The Ninjago snake warrior head piece in a new colour, such a great parts use
  • GITD Nick
  • Justin getting his a*** kicked by Harry :laugh_hard:

It‘s Luna :classic:

What about the Bertie Botts?

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Do my eyes detect a trans-green version of the butterbeer cup in the pixelated picture polyjuice set? :wub: 

I told you they would recolour it

Not only does Justin get his a**** handed to him by Harry, he‘s also the target of the pixies instead of Neville :laugh_hard: Someone on the design team must share my opinions :devil:

Guys, I think I changed my mind - this might be my favourite Harry Potter wave since 2018. 

I'll write my full thoughts later, but seeing how those Hogwarts sets connect... perfection.

Hogsmeade is also incredible.

Just looking at the hair colours - 

Dean has gone from dark brown to black

NHN has the first ever GITD hairpiece

New colours for McGonagall, Mrs Flume, Rosmerta, Dumbledore, Colin (I think its Medium Nougat rather than the already available dark tan) 

Wow, very pleasantly surprised with these! 

Hogsmeade: 
The builds already looked great from the prelims but I love them even more now, all those sticker details :wub: I love the shrunken heads, boxes, printed pots, dispenser and everything else! The figures are also really great with Madam Rosmerta and Mr and Mrs Flume obviously stealing the show. Couldn't be more happy with this set!

Chamber of Secrets: 
With the exterior being as bad as it was (and still is) I was really hoping for it to have a great interior and my god they delivered! Everything from Salazar's head to the Great Hall with it's lectern and cereal boxes and Lockharts office looks amazing to me. I especially love the smaller details like Lockhart having cards to sign in his office and the many, many photo's that narcissist puts up to admire himself :laugh_hard:The Basilisk looks great and I'm glad we're getting the barn owl in this set, I really like the Cornish Pixies but I'm a tad bit disappointed there are only 2 included as it feels like the bare minimum to me. 
The figures are amazing. While Collin is the only student that's really worth talking about (I love his recolored hair and new faceprint) I'm in awe that we finally got Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff robes! The teachers look great although I would've liked to see them include a cape for Lockhart. Nearly Headless Nick being glow-in-the-dark is nice I guess but it does absolutely nothing for me. Day 1 purchase.

On the topic of the Chocolate Frog cards: I love that they're actual printed tiles unlike the previously assumed pieces of cardboard. I hope they pick actual people who had Chocolate Frog Cards in canon like Dumbledore, Grindelwald and so on and don't just casually slap characters like the trio on them. 

Trio with Fluffy has robes so chess set is much more atractive now :)

On 3/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, YetiZombie said:

Edited by uPawelek
Miss click quote

But the 76387 for itself looks a bit weird or not? I know it's just the low res of the front, but is the left part flying in the air?^^

These look pretty impressive, though I'm not sure I'll be getting any just for the castle-adjacent minifigs, which is what I'm most interested in...

So the Fluffy set does feature the trapdoor and the devil snare room after all :thumbup: Not sure what‘s in the tower section of that set, looks like some pictures on the walls, a potion, a candle, and a Honeydukes jar(?) :laugh:

Not sure what to make of the tower room in the Fluffy set. The trippy looking patterened stickers make me think Divination, but that's unlikely due to the anniversary nature of the sets... 

My best guess is just generic classroom/store room. 

I was going to buy the sets anyway since I did like what they are trying to do (yes I even liked the exteriors, not so much as the normal waves, but still liked it).

I love how they included the slide/pipe for the CoS, I now hope the basin from the bathroom set is removable to drop someone directly on the slide and not having to remove the exterior rockpiece.

I'm also happy they managed to include the flipping table from the prototype of the original 2018 Great Hall set. It does look like you just need to press on the back end of the table to make it flip and not spin technic wheel or something.

It's clear they went with playability with these Hogwarts sets, they made the roofs easily removable, which is unnecessary to most people, but might be good for kids when playing with it.

I do have a small nitpick with the Hogsmeade set. I had hoped they would use 3 actual brooms to make the 'Three Broomsticks' sign. They used a stickered piece which makes it a bit less charming, but it's definitely not a dealbreaker.

Only wanted to add an additional info from StoneWars:

"Die übrigen Sets sind leider noch nicht mit Bildern ausgestattet, aber wir hörten davon, dass noch diese Woche viele weitere LEGO Harry Potter 2021 Sets ganz offiziell auch von LEGO vorgestellt werden sollen – Amazon war hier vermutlich einfach mal wieder einen Tag zu früh."

So probably tomorrow is the official reveal and we can probably see even more than the 4 sets.

2 minutes ago, Xcube said:

So probably tomorrow is the official reveal and we can probably see even more than the 4 sets.

Yeah that's what recent rumors have suggested, Amazon just messed up again. 

So, these are mine highlights:

• New Ron face
  • New Dumbledore
  • New Huffelpuff torso
  • New, unecpected, Ravenclaw torso
  • New Gryffindor torso
  • Pixie

These look amazing! The chamber of secrets set even has new curved window pieces! Very curious to see how they're gonna fit in with the 2018-2020 castle sections.

Honestly, I liked the sets pretty much. I still think the 2017 GH was superior in every aspect, but this new iteration is not that bad (mostly because of the inclusion of the COS). Seeing how well the sets blend together, I think Lego could stick to this new modular Hogwarts (which baffles me bc I liked the previous versions more). Anyway, I might pick the Fluffy set and the bathroom and try to connect them to my Hogwarts display as I think they might fit well.