Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

17 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Thanks for the link :thumbup:

15 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

I think a lot of this is a stretch if you're basing it on his announcement. The post made it pretty clear that he's been wanting to move away from a managerial role for more than just a year. I work in tech and this happens all the time - a strong individual contributor goes into management and then realizes they love building more than managing, so they side-step into a master role where they can be an individual contributor again. I didn't see this as him moving on due to the direction of the team, so coming to that conclusion would be pure speculation.

I agree, had noting to do with HP. This sounds like great news to me, he is a fantastic Lego designer and now he is going back to do what he does best; design more Lego sets :sweet: It seems like a lot of times fantastic designers are hired and make several legendary sets, then after a few years they rise within the ranks at Lego and end eventually up designing no sets at all any more. Makes me happy that at least one of the fishes are swimming the other way :shark:

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

A big fluffy cat mold would be great for Crookshanks (Dark Orange) and Mrs Norris (Dark Tan with black printing). 

This. The existing cat shape is fine for McGonagall but I do not see Crookshanks when I look at the official one. Dogs have got so many new moulds for different breeds but cats only have 2(?) in use right now 

Moulds wise I think we have an amazing collection now from the reboot: I love the new wands, candles and small flame, lantern, Sword of Gryffindor, Snitch, Buckbeak, Fawkes and Nagini, Thestral and the centaur body, and we even got a moulded Sorting Hat which I personally did not think was necessary.

There are several new moulds I would like to see get done to make a specific character ‘right’ such as new wigs for Rita, Narcissa, and a mop of Dreadlocks for Lee Jordan... But for the general ‘Harry Potter universe’ I really want to have:

Fang the dog 

Padfoot (Sirius Black as a dog)

Slughorn’s Hourglass

Ravenclaw’s Diadem

Small pointy hat/hair combo (Arthur, Percy Weasley)

I wouldn’t mind a specific mould for the Nimbus 2000/ Firebolt if they had budget left over to spend 

Edited by Bugbot20082

I feel like we are on the brink of a big leak. I can smell it . It smells like buildable objects and unprinted dresses. But seriously, we are so close. A couple more leaked figures, and I recon we are going to have a good idea of what to expect.

I for one was always most excited about the COS. And these new leaks are making it better. I have two major questions about that set though. That new pixie mould has no place in any other set other than the COS, but are we certain that the pixie is coming in it. The other thing that I am not certain about is the golden Quirrill/Goldermort, the original leak said that Golden Quirrell and Hooch should come in the same set because they were packaged together when they got them. Is there anyone who can confirm whether Goldermort is the same as Golden Quirrel?

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I wouldn’t mind a specific mould for the Nimbus 2000 if they had budget left over to spend 

God, yes! The broom is so archaic compared to the new wands, etc, even if it's charming. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

On 4/2/2021 at 5:12 AM, Bugbot20082 said:

So with Looney Toons revealed as a 12 figure line up it confirms then that even licensed CMFs will go with the new reduced amount. 
I’m disappointed with that but can live with it if it means more parts for each character and increased budget for new mould’s etc for each series overall.

I’ll expect 12 figures then for Disney series 3 and HP series 3. 
Going by the table of characters I made a while back I Hope it means that there will be no more compulsory Neville, Luna and Dumbledore slots

https://flic.kr/p/2konoQL

That said, when 16 was the standard, both Disney sets had 18 and the first Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts set had 22 so there’s still hope for more for Harry Potter Series 3 and the rumored Marvel CMF. For Looney Tunes, I think it’s more a lack of characters that secured the 12. We already got Petunia Pig and Lola Bunny which are characters I don’t really know well. The missing characters I can think of are Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Granny, and Pepé Le Pew and I understand why they might not want to make Pepé or include the human characters.

1 hour ago, brick3up2across said:

That said, when 16 was the standard, both Disney sets had 18 and the first Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts set had 22 so there’s still hope for more for Harry Potter Series 3 and the rumored Marvel CMF. For Looney Tunes, I think it’s more a lack of characters that secured the 12. We already got Petunia Pig and Lola Bunny which are characters I don’t really know well. The missing characters I can think of are Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Granny, and Pepé Le Pew and I understand why they might not want to make Pepé or include the human characters.

Why woudnt they want pepe hes one of the more recognisable characters. Also yosemite sam

1 hour ago, brick3up2across said:

They also dont have to include harry ron and hermione everywhere

21 minutes ago, Juve said:

They also dont have to include harry ron and hermione everywhere

They're the main faces of the franchise so regardless of how long this theme continues I highly doubt we'll ever get a HP CMF without those 3.

46 minutes ago, Juve said:

Why woudnt they want pepe hes one of the more recognisable characters. Also yosemite sam

Pepe has been excluded from the new Space Jam movie due to concern over his "his sexually aggressive nature, forcing his unwanted advances on female characters — including a cat named Penelope".  You can agree or disagree with this.  But cancel culture has already decided Pepe Le Pew will not be commercially viable moving forward.

15 minutes ago, wooster said:

You can agree or disagree with this.  But cancel culture has already decided Pepe Le Pew will not be commercially viable moving forward.

Yeah that’s dumb, it’s just a Lego figure of a popular character, also they should’ve just replaced Penelope and Lola with him and Foghorn. I hope this 12 was just a one off as to increase the sales of it, and then return to the 18/22 packs for already licensed themes like Disney and HP.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

I hope this 12 was just a one off as to increase the sales of it, and then return to the 18/22 packs for already licensed themes like Disney and HP.

Wouldn't count on it.

Yeah Lego have said to a lot of Fan Media and in interviews that 12 seems to be the new "golden number" fits with the new box design etc and also with Vidiyo getting 2 series this year they probably don't want there to be too many figs for casual fans to collect

Honestly, my biggest worries about this wave is the set with buildable characters. I dont see any space where could be this good set. Mickey set are the closest probably but still they are anime chars, not real humans. If the set will be about dobby or some non human char. it will be ok but this is first time when lego will try something like that with real faces. Second possibility is that both will be "giant minifigures" but this is awful too..

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They're the main faces of the franchise so regardless of how long this theme continues I highly doubt we'll ever get a HP CMF without those 3.

Well we already have milion minifigs of them so I guess they should delete them for new CMF

3 hours ago, wooster said:

Pepe has been excluded from the new Space Jam movie due to concern over his "his sexually aggressive nature, forcing his unwanted advances on female characters — including a cat named Penelope".  You can agree or disagree with this.  But cancel culture has already decided Pepe Le Pew will not be commercially viable moving forward.

No way? serious

If that happened than thats one of the stupidest things ever in the cartoon history. I know a lot of kids who like pepe and like his advances. After all how do we teach boys to hit on girls if you cant even put it in cartoons now. Rubbish

2 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Yeah Lego have said to a lot of Fan Media and in interviews that 12 seems to be the new "golden number" fits with the new box design etc and also with Vidiyo getting 2 series this year they probably don't want there to be too many figs for casual fans to collect

Actually this is better since there are less to collect. As less products as Lego constantly puts out the better so we can collect them easier

35 minutes ago, Juve said:

Well we already have milion minifigs of them so I guess they should delete them for new CMF

As @Guyon2002 already pointed out, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are the faces of this franchise. If we ever get another CMF and these three are not include, I will be the one eating my hat. Besides, there are lots of variants of the golden trio that we still have not received.

37 minutes ago, Juve said:

If that happened than thats one of the stupidest things ever in the cartoon history. I know a lot of kids who like pepe and like his advances. After all how do we teach boys to hit on girls if you cant even put it in cartoons now. Rubbish

I literally can’t even with this comment... Like... what? “How do we teach boys to hit on girls?” Certainly not with a rapey cartoon skunk from 1945 called Pepe La Pew. How about men have meaningful conversations with boys about dating and relationships and the concept of consent? And how is this even an appropriate comment in the LEGO Harry Potter 2021 thread? Maybe you can start a new forum for LEGO Looney Tunes and talk about your love of La Pew there. Back to topic please.

1 hour ago, Juve said:

After all how do we teach boys to hit on girls if you cant even put it in cartoons now.

We don’t, but we could use the cartoon as a good example of no means no, that women are actually worthy of respect not sleaze. Pepe is unaware of his stink, but he’s also unaware of the continued rejection he receives. We learn from that, not emulate it.

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

As @Guyon2002 already pointed out, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are the faces of this franchise. If we ever get another CMF and these three are not include, I will be the one eating my hat. Besides, there are lots of variants of the golden trio that we still have not received.

I literally can’t even with this comment... Like... what? “How do we teach boys to hit on girls?” Certainly not with a rapey cartoon skunk from 1945 called Pepe La Pew. How about men have meaningful conversations with boys about dating and relationships and the concept of consent? And how is this even an appropriate comment in the LEGO Harry Potter 2021 thread? Maybe you can start a new forum for LEGO Looney Tunes and talk about your love of La Pew there. Back to topic please.

100% agree on both points. Also, I'm frankly astonished they made Speedy Gonzales given his history of controversy. Foghorn would've been a better choice but again, this is off topic.

The buildable characters of Harry and Hermione are certainly a head scratcher. Who are they really meant to be for? Are the busts or full figures? Will the be statues or articulated similar to the Minecraft brick-built action figures?

6 hours ago, Bobby Drake said:

Yeah that’s dumb, it’s just a Lego figure of a popular character, also they should’ve just replaced Penelope and Lola with him and Foghorn

I have literally zero stakes in whether Pepe Le Pew should be made or not, but Lola Bunny is almost certainly more well known amongst the generations that are going to be spending the most on these figures, AFOLs aside. Space Jam is twenty-five years ago now, and she's been a prominent part of the main Looney Tunes gang ever since. For my part, I grew up with Lola as one of the core six through Baby Looney Tunes, the better part of two decades ago. I'm not sure I could even tell you what creature Pepe Le Pew is, since I literally cannot visualise him.

9 hours ago, brick3up2across said:

That said, when 16 was the standard, both Disney sets had 18 and the first Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts set had 22

Am I misremembering, or did the first Fantastic Beasts wave have 22 because it was designed as a sixteen-figure Harry Potter wave and then something unexpected happened with Fantastic Beasts (either the release date got moved up or it was unexpectedly popular, I don't know what) - which is why that series has the main cast of Fantastic Beasts awkwardly shoehorned in, cause they were a last minute addition

21 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I grew up with Lola as one of the core six through Baby Looney Tunes, the better part of two decades ago.

That reminds me that I also loved that show and would like minifgures of it. Lola Bunny was one of my faves too.

44 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I’d rather not :tongue:

We've got chocolate frogs...

Guys, stick to Harry Potter.

Looney Toons is not Harry Potter. I’m getting way too many reports coming out of this thread. 

Stay on topic!