Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Dang, if we are back to a 7(?) stud wide Great Hall, would a lectern with an owl wing-stretch piece take up most of that width? :laugh_hard:

So the new Cathead is kind a hairpiece, so you have a normal headpiece under the cat

Ninja'd ^^

Edited by Xcube

I love that Golden Hedwig. Good to see their finally going to do the lectern, (I think that was pretty much the only thing missing from the last GH).

Between the lectern, the pixies, the figures and the basilisk, Great Hall 2021 is setting up to be one of the best Year 1-2 sets IMO. 

11 minutes ago, doclord said:

Between the lectern, the pixies, the figures and the basilisk, Great Hall 2021 is setting up to be one of the best Year 1-2 sets IMO. 

Yeah, they're definitely loading this set with all sorts of fantastic new pieces, creatures, and minifigures to entice the fans who aren't sold on this new style of castle.

In general, I'm really satisfied with how this Great Hall remake is done. It's in an entirely different style to the previous, and includes new scenarios and good figures. It definitely justifies itself, even if you already have a previous Great Hall (or if you're like me, and have every previous Great Hall). I wish more LEGO remakes could be like this, and less like what we typically see from Star Wars, though thankfully the 2021 winter wave also changed things up somewhat in the remake category.

I can see the golden owl and the cat head removed but where are the other things people are discussing?

10 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Personally I think all 3 hogwarts summer 2021 sets combine make for a pretty nice end result and nice display model

I still don’t exactly get how the Fluffy set combines to the Great Hall. Left or right side?

1 minute ago, doclord said:

I still don’t exactly get how the Fluffy set combines to the Great Hall. Left or right side?

Right side.

53 minutes ago, doclord said:

I think it’s easily my favorite Year 1-2 set. Don’t get me wrong the 2018 wave was great, but it didn’t really cover the climaxes of both films which this set fixes with having the Chamber. A great minifig and creature lineup it’s definitely the pinnacle. I just hope the Tower portion has some cool rooms in it like an expanded Dumbledore’s Office or DADA classroom.

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

I just hope the Tower portion has some cool rooms in it like an expanded Dumbledore’s Office or DADA classroom.

I would say the pixie is a pretty good indication that a DADA classroom is included :classic: Hopefully with a play function that lets you drop the dragon skeleton from the ceiling :head_back:

I have a few quick questions directed at our reliable leakers if anyone could answer it would be highly appreciated but otherwise I can wait. Which variant of Dumbledore is going to come in the great hall? What (if any) class rooms are going to be in the great hall set? Is the second level of the tower in the great hall set 1 rectangular section or 2 small cubes? Same question for the bottom level of the tower. How does the part of the great hall on the far right connect to the castle? It seems like it would look out of place right next to the other parts. Why does one 2x6 in the great halls roof have a slightly different tilt then the rest of the roof? It is completely fine with me if none of you can answer my questions just thought I might as well try asking them.

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

So, Hermione's cat head can be put on her basic minifigure head

We knew this from the prelim picture of the 3D-printed prototype piece already. That's why it is a little bit bulkier (to fit over a minifig head and incorporate a transformation feature)

I have not found anything that could be considered a Cho minifig wearing purple.  The only female fig in purple I'm finding has a yellow head so I believe is part of the Ninjago theme.  Don't know why some people are so quick to assume most every leak real or fake belongs to Harry Potter unless it's obvious that it belongs to something like Star Wars or Marvel.

9 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

I have a few quick questions directed at our reliable leakers if anyone could answer it would be highly appreciated but otherwise I can wait. Which variant of Dumbledore is going to come in the great hall? What (if any) class rooms are going to be in the great hall set? Is the second level of the tower in the great hall set 1 rectangular section or 2 small cubes? Same question for the bottom level of the tower. How does the part of the great hall on the far right connect to the castle? It seems like it would look out of place right next to the other parts. Why does one 2x6 in the great halls roof have a slightly different tilt then the rest of the roof? It is completely fine with me if none of you can answer my questions just thought I might as well try asking them.

1. I don't know. 
2. The interiors haven't been seen yet, we can only guess. 
3. One rectangular section. 
4. One rectangular section. 
5. It's attached on the left of the Great Hall. 
6. Probably a rendering issue with the prelims, we won't know for sure until the end of April.

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

1. I don't know. 
2. The interiors haven't been seen yet, we can only guess. 
3. One rectangular section. 
4. One rectangular section. 
5. It's attached on the left of the Great Hall. 
6. Probably a rendering issue with the prelims, we won't know for sure until the end of April.

Thanks for answering. I bet the middle floor of the great hall tower is a class room and the bottom is the part of the chamber of secrets where Ron and Lockhart wait while Harry goes off and saves Ginny. I am surprised about the location of the building to the far right of the great hall in the original wasn't there something like it where a boat could go through it (I could be totally off here) but it might end up being some kind of boat house or at least something for a boat to go through though I doubt it considering as far I know it doesn't have a boat to go through it included.

2 minutes ago, bluedog1111 said:

Thanks for answering. I bet the middle floor of the great hall tower is a class room and the bottom is the part of the chamber of secrets where Ron and Lockhart wait while Harry goes off and saves Ginny. I am surprised about the location of the building to the far right of the great hall in the original wasn't there something like it where a boat could go through it (I could be totally off here) but it might end up being some kind of boat house or at least something for a boat to go through though I doubt it considering as far I know it doesn't have a boat to go through it included.

That small build on the right is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets, if you look closely you can make out the snake patternings on the door :wink:

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

That small build on the right is the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets, if you look closely you can make out the snake patternings on the door :wink:

Oh, I always thought that it looked more like the door was connected to the bottom floor of the tower and that it was hinged. I have mixed feelings about it now that I know what it is on one hand it will probably be able to slide open which is nice and more accurate instead of swinging open. On the other hand now it well seem really out of place considering that anyone who wants to get in would have to climb the mountain (or hill or cliff whichever it is) to get in to the COS. I just figured out the real reason there were no attacks from the basilisk for years after Salazar Slytherin built the COS the basilisk was having trouble climbing the mountain!

Edited by bluedog1111

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

I would say the pixie is a pretty good indication that a DADA classroom is included :classic: Hopefully with a play function that lets you drop the dragon skeleton from the ceiling :head_back:

If it has a dragon, it’s definitely an 11/10 set for me. It doesn’t even have to be something big, just  something small to acknowledge it’s existence is perfectly fine with me. One similar in size of the one in the museum of Ninjago City Gardens would be great.

3 minutes ago, RODDY said:

If it has a dragon, it’s definitely an 11/10 set for me. It doesn’t even have to be something big, just  something small to acknowledge it’s existence is perfectly fine with me. One similar in size of the one in the museum of Ninjago City Gardens would be great.

That would be amazing :excited:

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

Definitely, that would be great!

10 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Oh, I always thought that it looked more like the door was connected to the bottom floor of the tower and that it was hinged. I have mixed feelings about it now that I know what it is on one hand it will probably be able to slide open which is nice and more accurate instead of swinging open. On the other hand now it well seem really out of place considering that anyone who wants to get in would have to climb the mountain (or hill or cliff whichever it is) to get in to the COS. I just figured out the real reason there were no attacks from the basilisk for years after Salazar Slytherin built the COS the basilisk was having trouble climbing the mountain!

I’m hoping there will be a trapdoor feature above the Chamber of Secrets so characters can drop down into it.

Also it looks like there’s no solid walls on the sides of the rock sections, just arches, so maybe the rock archway can be pressed to one side instead of sticking out?