Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

A wand by itself wouldn’t reach a $40 price point 

Then include the box, that even got a mould now :tongue:

Holy Moly! I stepped away from Eurobricks from Sunday until now and there are more than 30 pages of posts. No way I'm going to spend the time to get through all of THAT! Clearly something happened.... OK... catching up by just looking at every 5th page and skimming for guyon and falconfan... Oh my... I might be able to get away with just buying 1 set this year: Fawkes.

I totally think the unknown set is going to be wand(s) and display of some sort. A small broomstick would be weird. Maybe a life-size snitch?

Life size snitch would still be fairly small though.

Like, the Star Wars planets were a similar size to the snitch and they were like fifty pieces total.

Guessing that the Hooch set is a Remembrall or the Quidditch Ball Chest and the other buildables are buildable wands + wand boxes, maybe Harry's and someone else.

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Life size snitch would still be fairly small though.

Like, the Star Wars planets were a similar size to the snitch and they were like fifty pieces total.

I think a life-size snitch would be amazing but it would most likely be a 20-40 dollar set bcs it would come also with a stand and maybe a flapping mechanism with the wings.

LEGO Harry Potter 76386 – $19.99 Myrte's Bathroom
LEGO Harry Potter 76387 – $39.99 Forbidden Corridor
LEGO Harry Potter 76388 – $79.99 Hogsmeade
LEGO Harry Potter 76389 – $129.99 The Chamber of Secrets
LEGO Harry Potter 76390 – $39.99 Advent Calendar
LEGO Harry Potter 76391 – $249.99 Wizard's Chess
LEGO Harry Potter 76392 – $59.99 Fawkes
LEGO Harry Potter 76393 – $119.99 Brick-built Characters
LEGO Harry Potter 76394 – $39.99
LEGO Harry Potter 76395 – $29.99 (Hooch?)
LEGO Harry Potter 40500 – Accessory Pack
LEGO Harry Potter 40495 (GWP?)
LEGO Harry Potter 40496 (GWP?)

(I have to keep referring to this list to remind myself)

So the Hooch set and the unknown set are quite small. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

LEGO Harry Potter 76386 – $19.99 Myrte's Bathroom
LEGO Harry Potter 76387 – $39.99 Forbidden Corridor
LEGO Harry Potter 76388 – $79.99 Hogsmeade
LEGO Harry Potter 76389 – $129.99 The Chamber of Secrets
LEGO Harry Potter 76390 – $39.99 Advent Calendar
LEGO Harry Potter 76391 – $249.99 Wizard's Chess
LEGO Harry Potter 76392 – $59.99 Fawkes
LEGO Harry Potter 76393 – $119.99 Brick-build Characters
LEGO Harry Potter 76394 – $39.99
LEGO Harry Potter 76395 – $29.99 (Hooch?)
LEGO Harry Potter 40500 – Accessory Pack
LEGO Harry Potter 40495 (GWP?)
LEGO Harry Potter 40496 (GWP?)

(I have to keep referring to this list to remind myself)

So the Hooch set and the unknown set are quite small. 

List defies logic every time I see it. Like we are glimpsing the multi-verse all at once. 

Who used a time-turner to mess with time? 

The only post-2018 set I don't own is the Art Set. I'm not sure whether that will change by the end of this year.

I'm obviously getting all the June sets. I'm getting the advent calendar, Fawkes and the Accessory Pack. If the chess set is just a chess set, I have no plans to get it. But if it has some minifigure-scale build and some good minifgures then I will get it. I will have to see the brick-build figures to decide whether to or not, but unless they look scary or awful I most likely will. I will get the two small sets (Hooch + Unknown) because they're cheap anyway. 

While I'm likely getting a lot less Harry Potter this year (Hogsmeade is the only plus so far), I'm still just as anxious as ever to see official descriptions and pics, hopefully end of next month if the pattern continues. I can't afford it right now, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what this Chess set business is about, too. 

I found this old submission of the Wizard’s Chess set to LEGO Ideas from 2015, which features some really interesting build techniques. The chess pieces are a combination of mini figures and mini figure accessories on brick built elements. Take a look:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8d10ae8a-dd03-46de-b049-37174f840a62

I for one would be happy with something similar to this design but, for $250, it would definitely need to include some castle build elements and a build featuring the final confrontation between Quirrel / Voldemort and Harry.

I've only just now found out about and saw the new Riddle minifig.

I don't particularly love it. Looking back it's kind of strange in the films how different his and Myrtle's robes are considering they were around at the same time.

But the school crest is a bit too rounded (they could've made the design closer to the one on the moaning myrtle fig) and there's no printing for a prefect badge.

And the legs just look too light for my liking, even though he wears light grey trousers in the film his black robes cover almost all of it.

The angry face is decent, but the other face is just goofy. Would've been cooler if we had a serious face, then a cracked face like when Harry stabs the diary.

6 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I found this old submission of the Wizard’s Chess set to LEGO Ideas from 2015, which features some really interesting build techniques. The chess pieces are a combination of mini figures and mini figure accessories on brick built elements. Take a look:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8d10ae8a-dd03-46de-b049-37174f840a62

I for one would be happy with something similar to this design but, for $250, it would definitely need to include some castle build elements and a build featuring the final confrontation between Quirrel / Voldemort and Harry.

Thanks for sharing that, it looks great! I feel like it definitely shows how much you could fit into a set like this. 

one thing I’ve noticed with a lot of Lego chess sets at this scale is how busy and crammed they look - I feel like 3 /4-stud squares just aren’t big enough. I also think the chess pieces will be even bigger than they are here and will be almost entirely brick-built: I do hope the giant statues look good next to minifigures though. 

9 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

The only post-2018 set I don't own is the Art Set. I'm not sure whether that will change by the end of this year.

I'm obviously getting all the June sets. I'm getting the advent calendar, Fawkes and the Accessory Pack. If the chess set is just a chess set, I have no plans to get it. But if it has some minifigure-scale build and some good minifgures then I will get it. I will have to see the brick-build figures to decide whether to or not, but unless they look scary or awful I most likely will. I will get the two small sets (Hooch + Unknown) because they're cheap anyway. 

I feel the same.

Probably going to get all the June sets and perhaps take down my current Lego Hogwarts castle and mix things up a bit, I only have so much room anyway and Diagon Alley + MOC Shops are my pride and joy currently.

Will definitely get the Advent Calendar as it's something of a modern tradition now, Fawkes will probably be a buy and I imagine it might come with an exclusive Dumbledore or a Harry from CoS? I probably won't get the chess set but may pick up the minifigures on the secondary market afterward, if they are anything special. 

Brick-built I'm on the fence with, depends how they look and how big they are... I am running out of space and have had to take down most of my sets from 2018-2019 and package them up.

Am I right in saying that the Advent Calendar was rumoured to have a game feature? At the time, I thought that would possibly be wizard’s chess... doesn’t seem likely now though :P 

14 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Am I right in saying that the Advent Calendar was rumoured to have a game feature? At the time, I thought that would possibly be wizard’s chess... doesn’t seem likely now though :P 

Judging by the current 2021 lineup it's likely to be Russian Roulette. :iamded_lol: Will I get Gringotts or a Brickbuilt Remeberall?

20 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Yes, there is a rumoured game feature, but chess would be a bit much for an advent calendar with only 24 gifts, a lot of which aren‘t duplicates :tongue: Unless it‘s minichess or something

We‘ve already had a mini chessboard in 2019’s AC though. I mean, they could do it again, but...

5 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Looking back it's kind of strange in the films how different his and Myrtle's robes are considering they were around at the same time.

But the school crest is a bit too rounded (they could've made the design closer to the one on the moaning myrtle fig) and there's no printing for a prefect badge.

It’s more likely to have been a mistake, but off concept art sketches it seems there was a notion of each House having it’s own style of uniform for a while there, except it made no sense because for Firsties the school robes were purchased before the sorting took place. (Your tie and the trim on your jumper change colours, fine. Your entire uniform changes, then what’s the point of the uniform purchase in the first place? Why not just come in civvies?) It makes sense from a filmmaking standpoint that they did away with the idea anyway, it needlessly complicates wardrobe. 

11 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

We‘ve already had a mini chessboard in 2019’s AC though. I mean, they could do it again, but...

It’s more likely to have been a mistake, but off concept art sketches it seems there was a notion of each House having it’s own style of uniform for a while there, except it made no sense because for Firsties the school robes were purchased before the sorting took place. (Your tie and the trim on your jumper change colours, fine. Your entire uniform changes, then what’s the point of the uniform purchase in the first place? Why not just come in civvies?) It makes sense from a filmmaking standpoint that they did away with the idea anyway, it needlessly complicates wardrobe. 

Could the difference just be explained by different uniform options for different genders? Not to be insensitive to anyone, but I couldn't really see a male pulling off the robe that Moaning Myrtle wears. May be more concrete information somewhere. I had never noticed before this discussion. Just my thoughts on viewing a couple of pictures. 

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Golden Harry (Garry?) has leaked :thumbup:

Haha good one. :laugh: I was thinking The Golden One, but Garry's good. :classic: