Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, YetiZombie said:

So then it's more likely that the Fluffy set represents the scene where they first find the corridor (wearing their jumpers), and Kingwong's post confirms that the chess set will include the trio in their end of movie outfits.

Too early to know about the D2C. Kingwong's post much more likely means that the trio will be in their accurate costumes in the Fluffy set. I mean, those same prelims also include Lockhart wearing ninja robes, so I wouldn't go by them for what costume variants to expect.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

A buildable Snitch would of course make sense but don't forget that this is the wave that defies all logic.

...WHAT

Is it a bludger? The stupid bat they use? A single ring? Hooch’s whistle? THE SCOREBOARD?!

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

A buildable Snitch would of course make sense but don't forget that this is the wave that defies all logic.

...Can you please just tell us? Pretty please?

I hope they reveal at some point what they were smoking in their brainstorming sessions so I can stay as far away from that stuff as humanly possible :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well I wouldn’t forget a golden snitch

Very clever. Remembrall it is then? You could possibly come up with cool mechanism inside it, a bit like a snow globe. Funky printing on the outside.

31 minutes ago, nrsperes said:

Are you implying some kind of remembrall build in the Quidditch set? :classic:

Actually worse than the buildable broom idea. If they go there, the team has clearly been infiltrated by trolls. Or they’ve gone mad during lockdown. 

19 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Now, THAT would be a puzzling choice. A buildable kinetic Snitch would be a legitimately cool set for $30, especially if it used metallic pieces. Who would want a buildable Remembrall? How would LEGO make a buildable Remembrall, it's made of glass! Why would it come with Hooch, when Neville would be the obvious inclusion. It just doesn't add up in my opinion.

Oh I don’t know, a couple of light bricks in the middle and you’re good. (Bonkers for having purchased it, but good.)

So we are getting a set with Hooch that is not a regular set, but it's not a broom nor a Snitch AND we are also getting a Snitch? *huh*

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So we are getting a set with Hooch that is not a regular set, but it's not a broom nor a Snitch AND we are also getting a Snitch? *huh*

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?

No a snitch is not coming

I wonder how will this year be remembered.Is it going to be the odd year or the beginning of the end for this theme? 

Everything that I heard or saw thus far has only accomplished on killing any excitement I had for this theme. 

28 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Now, THAT would be a puzzling choice. A buildable kinetic Snitch would be a legitimately cool set for $30, especially if it used metallic pieces. Who would want a buildable Remembrall? How would LEGO make a buildable Remembrall, it's made of glass! Why would it come with Hooch, when Neville would be the obvious inclusion. It just doesn't add up in my opinion.

Mayeb it’s made of the Jurassic World Gyrosphere parts! 😅

I had a thought of a build-able Quidditch ball chest, just like the one Oliver wood shows Harry, but $30 doesn’t sound enough for that and look decent. 

10 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Very clever. Remembrall it is then? You could possibly come up with cool mechanism inside it, a bit like a snow globe. Funky printing on the outside.

Sounds like it doesn't it. If it wasn't for the fact that it is not April 1st, I'd think it was a joke.

I was thinking about the buildable characters (warming slightly to the idea if they were giant figs where you could change the expressions according to whim. hmm...). But the choice is odd given all the effort lego goes to to make sure we’ve the same number of Hermiones as Rons. (Makes the suggestion more probable that there are extra Ron pieces included, which might permit Hermione and Ron or Harry and Ginny versions for respective shippers.)

But I was wondering, how many of you bought the HP Brickheadz sets, and if so, did you get the entire trio or pick and choose? For example I bought Harry (and Hedwig) and Hermione. Harry always sat on the shelf, whereas Hermione graced my desk for a while. Ron, on the other hand, was a definite pass for me. (Not a hater, but not a fan either.) So I’d bet there were clear faves. Also, Hermione was always sold out at the stores, whereas Ron / Dumbledore were available. Now maybe they didn’t stock much Hermione in the first place, or perhaps there was more demand. 

Well if both unknown August sets are buildable I really hope one of them is wand. Harry's or Dumbledore's

Just now, krimimimi said:

I was thinking about the buildable characters (warming slightly to the idea if they were giant figs where you could change the expressions according to whim. hmm...). But the choice is odd given all the effort lego goes to to make sure we’ve the same number of Hermiones as Rons. (Makes the suggestion more probable that there are extra Ron pieces included, which might permit Hermione and Ron or Harry and Ginny versions for respective shippers.)

I'm thinking they only had the budget to do two figures in the set and chose to do Harry and Hermione for the gender balance. Poor old Ron. :laugh_hard:

Since this year's sets are basically a total let down, I am looking for a Gringotts to finish off my collection. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have found the one on Aliexpress and its pretty cool.