Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Has the idea of another Hogwarts Moments book set been completely ruled out? Because the $30 set matches that price point. I could see us getting a book for Defense Against the Dark Arts with Lockhart in his blue robes and the Cornish Pixies. I doubt they will try to squeeze this into the Chamber of Secrets set. I think it’s more like that we get a Slytherin Common Room there.

Not this year.

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Has the idea of another Hogwarts Moments book set been completely ruled out? Because the $30 set matches that price point. I could see us getting a book for Defense Against the Dark Arts with Lockhart in his blue robes and the Cornish Pixies. I doubt they will try to squeeze this into the Chamber of Secrets set. I think it’s more like that we get a Slytherin Common Room there.

Pretty sure there won’t be any more classroom-book sets until next January at the earliest 

Edit: ninja’d by Guyon himself! You’re the best double agent since Severus Snape at this point (in that Voldemort aka the Lego team hasn’t been able to stop you guys)!

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Minifigs are all that can save some of these sets. 

They won't,I have hard time imagining any good miifigs coming out of all this.

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Minifigs are all that can save some of these sets. 

Not even an exorcist could save them :tongue:

34 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh I won't have anything to eat, I'll be too busy building my Deathly Hallows sets :moar:

U sure? I wonder how you'll build Dobby's sock with only one hand :devil:

11 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Hey can I just say something. Can we not have a repeat of Marvel from two weeks ago. Every day, hours later new pieces of news. Can you save us all the trouble and just come out with it with those final two sets. Thank you 😂

But doesn't this mean more videos for you and therefore more views? :laugh:

Forreal though, I agree, I hope we get news on the other two sets really soon to at least partially save this wave.

LEGO taking revenge for all the HP fans that hated the brickbuild Hedwig set. Maybe if y’all said nicer things about the set then maybe LEGO would have made DH wave this year. / s

In all honesty, this is just the company wanting to try new things and I don’t mind it. It’s obvious that DH wave is coming either next year or 2023 but we will get it regardless of anything that happens this year. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That was me, I’m sure we’ll get at least one surprise set in August or something! Also I love your news videos, I watch them even if I’ve seen all the information already on here :laugh:

Thank you so much, I appreciate that lol

Just now, YetiZombie said:

But doesn't this mean more videos for you and therefore more views? :laugh:

Forreal though, I agree, I hope we get news on the other two sets really soon to at least partially save this wave.

Yes, but I'm severely backlogged on videos right now. I'm only joking though, more sets = more hype. 

So what we learned today was that:

$250-chess set

$120-Harry and Hermione brick built figures

$60, $40, or $30 is Fawkes

Cornish pixies are coming out in one of the summer sets (at least) 

Am I missing anything?

And KA1 knew this all along. Apologies for not believing you three or four weeks ago.

$250 chess set didn't manage to fit Guyon2002s description of a horrible surprise instead the opposite way around I will buy if it connects with the rest of the castle or if it doesn't either way I'm happy though I think it would probably look nicer by itself and not connected to anything else but it would need to have at least one of the following for me to get it a unique golden minifigure(s) (I like them), the golden trio in unique outfits, or the pieces are brick built. I am a lifelong chess fan and had a chess set with pieces about 3-5 feet tall in my back yard at my old house before my job changed and I needed to move. I had my eye on a nice new chess set on Ebay that I had been bidding on for a few days and this morning I decided to check the forum and see if anything had leaked I was shocked to see a chess set was coming (and that it was KA1 who had leaked it) I decided to give up on the one on Ebay so I could instead get this one (my wallet's $2,000 happier) it turned out I had been outbid anyways so I didn't bother placing another bid. I am thrilled we are getting one and I think it will probably look amazing.

For the brick built figures that was a bad surprise that will be an easy skip for me (which means $120 towards the UCS AT-AT instead).

Fawkes was another nice surprise I got Hedwig last year and it was a great build and makes an even better display piece. I am excited to see how they make him hopefully standing straight up with wings stretched out and some way to make them flap.

So now there is only 2 sets left unknown right? (or 1 if we assume flying lesson or quidditch is one of them).

44 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

And there are still 2 sets missing 

When new sets sound like a threat we know the world really has gone mad. :distressed:

I'm wondering if those Harry & Hermione figures could establish a new product range, sort of like a more expensive counterpart to Brickheadz? Depending on the way they're actually constructed and how well they end up selling, I could see that idea spilling over into other themes :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I'm wondering if those Harry & Hermione figures could establish a new product range, sort of like a more expensive counterpart to Brickheadz? Depending on the way they're actually constructed and how well they end up selling, I could see that idea spilling over into other themes :shrug_oh_well:

I really hope not :pir-sick:

Ok while I’m disappointed with the announcements, I got my hopes down as we had the warnings by @Guyon2002 and @Falconfan1414

Also it is the 20th anniversary year for the release of the movie so they were going to do something to celebrate it. So I can’t blame them for that or for trying new things. whether the ideas were the right that’s for everyone to form their opinions. I’m reserving my final judgments on the June and chess sets till we see official photos. Also interested to see what Fawkes looks like. I have no interest what so ever in the figures :sick:

Also hearing opinions of non LEGO collectors like us from family and friends people last year loved the hedwig set. So just goes to show that there is a market for the different ideas even tho maybe the hardcore LEGO fans don’t like them.

I’m also relieved in way as I still haven’t bought Diagon Alley so I can catch up there and buy the creator castle set and ideas blacksmith. Maybe we should be relieved we are saving up our Galleons?

As Marcos suggested We all know they will release Gringotts eventually.

Sorry if this was already confirmed So was the quidditch minifigure pack coming?

The Harry + Hermione thing is obviously aiming to be similar to the Mickey + Minnie Buildable set.

Just now, Modal said:

The Harry + Hermione thing is obviously aiming to be similar to the Mickey + Minnie Buildable set.

Except it’s a lot cheaper and not a D2C set :laugh: I still don’t know what puzzles me more about this set: that it exists or how they could possibly achieve anything worthwhile at this price point *huh* 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

how they could possibly achieve anything worthwhile at this price point

Well, Harry and Hermione have smaller ears... :iamded_lol:

7 minutes ago, Modal said:

I don’t think so, I think them as (large) minifigs is more likely.

Hello it’s been a while from me!

I’ve seen some preliminary images of the anniversary wave Floating about. It looks cool enough.

Based on everyone’s reactions here... do I get the idea I should be disappointed about the third wave this year Before I start delving through what’s gone on? :tongue: should I start buying some other themes as I’m gonna have more money unspent this summer than I expected?

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Now This Is an Avengers Level Threat - Meming Wiki

I feel like C-3PO in Jabba's Palace wondering why Luke would sell him to Jabba: 'Was it something I said?'

The thing is, if we knew DH sets, Gringotts, and other minifigure/quality build sets were coming, then I think the fact that Lego is indulging so much in the theme, doing products that far exceed the basic required, would be a cause for celebration as HP fans. A lot of these sets actually sound like they will look great on display even of they are not our first choices. But at the end of a year which I think has made a lot of us rearrange priorities and appreciate the phrase 'Carpe diem' even more than some may already, to the get a line which suggests Lego is heavily invested in the theme but we will have to wait to get everything we really want, feels rather jarring and mistimed. I just hope next year they don't forget what really brought this theme back to life and got everyone so enthusiastic about it.

40 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think the Buildable Yoda could use an exorcism though

Ugh, yeah, that thing was creepy enough I didn't buy it. Baby Yoda was such a cute little set to buy. Hope Fawkes is like that and the price point is between Hedwig and Baby Yoda. 

The Mickey and Minnie set is actually my favourite set of last year. I think it’s incredibly well put together and so strange that I fell in love with it. If lego wants to do something like that with Harry and Hermione, then I’m all for it. Hopefully it won’t look funky like some of the other brick built figures we’ve gotten, especially since these will be the first ever human brick built figures ever. (Not counting the Star Wars busts from a while ago) If they make them a lil bit brickheadz-like, I think they could put the rumoured 1600 pieces to work.