Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

If the chess pieces are minifigures, it'll probably be a pass for me. For $250 it better look amazing, and I don't see rows of minifigures looking good enough to justify the price.

I still think the chess pieces will be brick built. At least I hope so.

1 minute ago, deskp said:

guyon is fairly sure its not a moments book type set. iirc

Not so much "fairly sure" as just "sure", there are no Moments sets in August :wink:

3 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

a flying class moment set?

I think this has been debunked already

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

There's no moment set. And where did you get info that we will get brickbuilt creature?

I think everyone was discussing it on some of the previous pages about a brick built figure/creature? 

Just now, Textorix said:

I think this has been debunked already

Ah my bad then 

5 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

So for August we are looking at a chess set, a flying class moment set?, a brick built creature of some type (probably Fawkes) and two other PS/CoS sets yet to be revealed/rumoured? 

build creature or SW type bust....

2 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

If the chess pieces are minifigures, it'll probably be a pass for me. For $250 it better look amazing, and I don't see rows of minifigures looking good enough to justify the price.

How do you think they'd pull off a $250 chess set if all the pieces were minifgures?

Not to mention that in the movie all of them are too unique to be represented by minfigures.

So what are we thinking then? The set with hooch is a buildable broomstick?

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How do you think they'd pull off a $250 chess set if all the pieces were minifgures?

Not to mention that in the movie all of them are too unique to be represented by minfigures.

I think you misunderstood my comment. I was saying literally what you just said lol

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Agreed. The chess pieces will almost certainly have to be brick built pieces. The scale will be really interesting. I hope they are big enough for Ron’s minifig to ride the Knight piece. I imagine the queen is going to be a beautiful build. This is one of the most iconic chess sets in movie history. I’m getting more and more excited to see pics of it now.

Acutally there was once rumor that one of the sets will be buildable broomstick but it was fake. 

4 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

I hope not because if its flying lesson, it might be only august set I buy lol.... but lets see what are those smaller sets which are still mystery

5 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

No the Quidditch set with Hooch is either the smallest of the August wave or the 39.99 one (same price point as the last quidditch set)

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

No the Quidditch set with Hooch is either the smallest of the August wave or the 39.99 one (same price point as the last quidditch set)

That still doesn't rule it out though. It could be a small broomstick display.

12 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

At that price/piece count, they have to be, right?

For those who aren’t super familiar with the chess set from the final challenge, here is a pic from a replica set made by the Noble Collection. As you can see, the pieces are stunning and will hopefully make for a really fun build:

CSS%20HP%207979.jpg

6 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Agreed. The chess pieces will almost certainly have to be brick built pieces. The scale will be really interesting. I hope they are big enough for Ron’s minifig to ride the Knight piece. I imagine the queen is going to be a beautiful build. This is one of the most iconic chess sets in movie history. I’m getting more and more excited to see pics of it now.

With a $250 price it certainly will allow to let you play out that scene, and allow Ron to ride that horse.

57 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

lego_fulcrum just basically confirmed that the D2C will be the chess set from Philosopher's Stone

Ah!! I called it first :D 

Should look awsome in a shop window, but I will probably skip it too myself 

But it is now only a chess field or an addition to the "new" hogwartsstyle? It would be nice if the set can be added and don't only have the chess field

Edited by Xcube

12 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

I think you misunderstood my comment. I was saying literally what you just said lol

You may have meant it, but you didn't phrase it like that then lol.

If the chess pieces are minifigures, it'll probably be a pass for me. That basically means that you're not sure whether they'll be brickbuilt or minfigure. But nevermind, I get it now.

Why are people surprised by the $120 set though? Ever since the parts count leaked we knew that this wouldn‘t be a normal set :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You may have meant it, but you didn't phrase it like that then lol.

If the chess pieces are minifigures, it'll probably be a pass for me. That basically means that you're not sure whether they'll be brickbuilt or minfigure. But nevermind, I get it now.

Yeah, my bad. I was saying that in response to a few comments suggesting that the pieces would be minifigures. Probably should have quoted.

19 minutes ago, KA1 said:

build creature or SW type bust....

:sceptic:

Edited by Guyon2002
Posted twice for some reason.

39 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Hm, what if Golden Quirrel is from D2C? It'd be logical since he's the main villain in PS

Possibly, but then the set may have 2 Quirrel figures.
Another likely character is McGonagall as the Chess Board is her defence

Cornish Pixies look absolutely amazing, Lego HP continues its track record of great creature mold. Really hopes this confirms a DADA either as it’s in own set or in the Chamber of Secrets set. I just hope it’s a bit more recognizable this time because the one in the Clocktower only had the spider that Mad Eye torments as its only recognizable element. Even if it has to be stickers.

$250 is an easy pass for me at least, I’m sure it will look nice but it’s not a necessity for me that I’m willing to give up limited shelving space for. I hope this doesn’t rule out getting a vignette for it in the Anniversary line or any other challenges. Like if they want to give us a throwback to the 2001 era of sets, I do hope we get most of the castle portions in that original line because just getting the two would be disappointing. Part of the joy of the old sets is you get to build this bulky Hogwarts. Figures crossed that $70 is a Hogwarts Challenges set. 

Edited by RODDY