Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I mean they made the Rise of Voldemort set and that had Wormtail using Harry’s blood to resurrect a grim looking fetus. They even had a red piece to represent the blood and the knife. And it was the sight of the murder of Cedric Diggory and a KKK death eater if you want to be pedantry, so I don’t want to hear the excuses for an Inferi Cave which is nowhere near as bad. As for Godric’s Hollow, I just think it’s too obscure to be a set for it to be considered.

Grim looking. That baby Voldemort piece is adorable ??

I do see your point. But at least they didn't include a dead Cedric Diggory.

14 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

I dont know why would LEGO shy away from that. I mean those are important scenes and even if they are dark they should be made. I feel like in the past LEGO had more sets with pirates, cowboys, and more violent scenes. I miss that. Today even the face prints are becoming more childly

38 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Lol. Personally I’m all for Lego doing the darker scenes, especially if they are pivotal to the movies, like Rise of Voldemort is the climax of GOF. I still remember getting spooks from the original Cemetery Battle when I was kid back in 05, but hey I’m still alive and slightly functional... Anyways all I’m saying is if people are saying that the Inferi Cave isn’t going to be made because of some zombies, Lego have made a lot of worst. 

Edited by RODDY

9 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Anyways all I’m saying is if people are saying that the Inferi Cave isn’t going to be made because of some zombies, Lego have made a lot of worst. 

The zombies aren't the issue; they could be cutesified (?) like Baby Voldy or the LOTR orcs. The more gruesome aspect is the poison Harry has to force-feed to Dumbledore. Sure, that part doesn't have to be included directly, similarly to how the Rise of Voldy set left out Cedric, but it's still looming over that scene :shrug_oh_well:

31 minutes ago, Juve said:

I feel like in the past LEGO had more sets with pirates, cowboys, and more violent scenes. 

What exactly was so violent about these themes? :laugh: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Personally, this is quite disappointing since there's so little DH sets. Although I think this is fake (or at least I deeply hope It is), I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having a similar lineup to that. I mean, the DA expansion it's a fine addition to the existing set, and the Ironbelly and Infery sets look cool, but the rest seem a bit unnecessary right now. I'd much rather see a Courtyard battle instead of Hogsmeade and a Ministry of Magic OotP/DH1 instead of the Quidditch cup one. The Freeing Dobby looks like an interesting reboot of the original set, but I would've preferred a DH tent with the trio with a snatcher or some kind of Hogwarts Corridors featuring some kind ofbattle from DH2.

On 1/11/2021 at 9:45 AM, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like the MBoM is back on the menu, boys :wacko:

@Tom Jurassic: Now that’s what I call bad timing, whoopsie :blush: I hope you’re lucky enough to get it attached to your order as well. It should be, theoretically, since the offer is supposed to be valid throughout January

It still doesn't show as added to cart on the UK Shop at Home so I have no clue lol

To wink.leakz‘s credit, he has now publicly acknowledged that @Falconfan1414 and @Guyon2002 confirmed the list he published was incorrect and he has apologized for it. 

It would appear that he is a member of this forum so if he is reading this - thank you for correcting the misinformation.

I had a feeling the info was bad the minute I saw it because the lineup didn’t fit into LEGO’s marketing model for Harry Potter (which has been much discussed and debated here): these sets are ultimately designed with a female audience in mind.

That being said, I am offering a few predictions below that I think better fit the marketing model of 2018-2020

76386 - $19.99 - The Forest of Dean (small lake and tree build with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the Doe patronus)

76387 - $39.99 - Bill & Fleur’s Wedding (an addition to the Burrow set featuring the wedding tent and some quirky minifigs as guests that can also populate Diagon Alley) 

76388 - $79.99 - The Battle of Hogwarts (featuring the viaduct bridge or the courtyard and McGonagall’s knights)

76389 - $129.99 - The Durmstrang Ship (which will include a small second task build with some mermaids)

76391 - $249.99 - Gringott’s Bank (D2C Diagon Alley scale expansion featuring the Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon)

76392 - $59.99 - The Ministry of Magic (a build similar to the Rise of Voldemort set where the focus is the golden statues)

76394 - $39.99 - Advent Calendar (A Weasley Christmas) 

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

Lol. Personally I’m all for Lego doing the darker scenes, especially if they are pivotal to the movies, like Rise of Voldemort is the climax of GOF. I still remember getting spooks from the original Cemetery Battle when I was kid back in 05,

This. I know it sells well the way it is, but it wouldn’t hurt to bring a biit of that back. I would also love if they didn’t somehow “juniorize” some figures like Lucius, it just looks too innocent... the hair color, the staff, I don’t know man. Don’t forget the capes :tongue:

11 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

This. I know it sells well the way it is, but it wouldn’t hurt to bring a biit of that back. I would also love if they didn’t somehow “juniorize” some figures like Lucius, it just looks too innocent... the hair color, the staff, I don’t know man. Don’t forget the capes :tongue:

Obviously the faces are going to be stylised, but I totally agree about the hair. It's a bit too cartoonised. I think the blonde characters (especially the Malfoys) would look much better with tan wigs.

18 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Obviously the faces are going to be stylised, but I totally agree about the hair. It's a bit too cartoonised. I think the blonde characters (especially the Malfoys) would look much better with tan wigs.

I don’t really have issues with the faces except when they’re recycled or excessively generic (e.g. Tonks) They have done a marvelous job in this reboot. The only faces that IMO haven’t been topped are 2010 Snape, Ginny, Arthur, Molly, Ron and of course Lucius.

Edited by Otherworld

Quick question for anyone who has any good ideas (and apologies if not the right board for this)... But I have my custom Seamus Finigan in his year 3 robes, but just cannot come up with a good idea for a good head for him. Does anyone have any suggestions or good ideas you've used yourselves? Just can't seem to come up with something I am happy with.

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

Quick question for anyone who has any good ideas (and apologies if not the right board for this)... But I have my custom Seamus Finigan in his year 3 robes, but just cannot come up with a good idea for a good head for him. Does anyone have any suggestions or good ideas you've used yourselves? Just can't seem to come up with something I am happy with.

First of all with Seamus I changed his hair, the spiky part only looks right when he's blown something up. I use either the hair for Oliver Wood or the standard male hair in reddish brown. If the Will Byers hair from Stranger Things was available in reddish brown that'd be brilliant for PS/CoS Seamus. 

28152.png

62810.png

When I changed the hair lots of faces looked better for him. I think I have the Han Solo face from 2006-11 at the moment as the small smile, brown eyebrows and lack of freckles/lines was what I was after. 

3626bpb0442.jpg

6 hours ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

I think the blonde characters (especially the Malfoys) would look much better with tan wigs.

I completely agree. It makes the Malfoys look slightly friendlier to have the same hair colour as Luna for example. 

So far in the reboot Draco's two hair pieces are available in Tan, just have to hope Lucius' will be available one day, and if we get a new Narcissa, her hairpiece doesn't use Bright Light Yellow highlights. 

7 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

To wink.leakz‘s credit, he has now publicly acknowledged that @Falconfan1414 and @Guyon2002 confirmed the list he published was incorrect and he has apologized for it. 

It would appear that he is a member of this forum so if he is reading this - thank you for correcting the misinformation.

Not sure if he is on the forum or not but he took it down because we contacted him to tell him it's fake.

16 hours ago, finalriot said:

(anyway do you think it may be last wave of HP sets? And then they will cancel it?)

It's been mentioned a few times already, but I don't think it's going to be cancelled any time soon as the theme is very successful (it's one of best selling themes according to the financial statement of LEGO last year) and there's still plenty of sets that they can make.

14 minutes ago, Salix said:

It's been mentioned a few times already, but I don't think it's going to be cancelled any time soon as the theme is very successful (it's one of best selling themes according to the financial statement of LEGO last year) and there's still plenty of sets that they can make.

Just look at the popularity of the Moments sets! Historically, I think the only reason LEGO have pulled the theme in the past is due to falling sales/interest in the HP line... this reboot has captured the magic of Potter perfectly, where previous lines haven’t. I think the HP line is here to stay as long as sales for the sets are high. :) 

6 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

Just look at the popularity of the Moments sets! Historically, I think the only reason LEGO have pulled the theme in the past is due to falling sales/interest in the HP line... this reboot has captured the magic of Potter perfectly, where previous lines haven’t. I think the HP line is here to stay as long as sales for the sets are high. :) 

I second that.

5 minutes ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

And it’s come at a perfect time. The Harry Potter generation are at an age where they’re nostalgic for the series and have disposable income. 

I can’t prove it but I’d bet that there percentage of sales by AFOLs for the original lines was a LOT smaller than the current sets. 

And Harry Potter will always interest kids!

I hope they dont continue the series a lot and start doing the same sets since it is pointless to buy them if you know they will do them again in some years

7 minutes ago, Juve said:

I hope they dont continue the series a lot and start doing the same sets since it is pointless to buy them if you know they will do them again in some years

Personally, I think there’s plenty of value in having different building techniques for the same thing. For example, I loved Anakin’s Jedi Interceptor from 2020 even though I have both previous versions of the exact same ship. I don’t regret getting any of them or feel like they were a waste. I’m sure if they eventually remake the Great Hall, for example, it’ll be different enough from the 2018 version that I will thoroughly enjoy having both. That being said, I don’t really see the point in continuing the theme that long. I would much rather it eventually be replaced with a LOTR reboot

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

It‘s pretty hard to tell how long the theme will continue. Most themes based on film licenses are closely connected to the release schedule of that series (especially new instalments) and rarely exceed it. JW got sets in the last two years despite there not being a new film in cinemas, but used original content as a crutch of sorts. HP has no such crutch and draws purely from the classic films, even more so than SW. It manages to thrive without the „new“ stuff being around (FB), which even the Middle-Earth theme couldn‘t achieve.

In that sense, I think it will survive much longer than previous iterations :classic:

20 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That being said, I don’t really see the point in continuing the theme that long. I would much rather it eventually be replaced with a LOTR reboot

Yep, plus keeping it a limited amount makes you appreciate it more. When you know there will be new releases of course you still love the ones you have, but the attention generally goes out there in the future, always eager for more and more until it’s not enough. But hey that’s me, can’t speak for everyone.

I think they should cover the last fimlms and maybe have some more waves and thats it. So we have a complete set of HP

If they start again with the same sets its a bit weird and it will cost a lot for someone who wants to get all of them

I assume the next advent calendar will be based on Order of the Phoenix. It's the only left, right?

Did PoB have christmas scenes at all?

Also, I dont think the scene of the "13 at the dinner table" scene from PoA was shown in the movie, so that rules out that christmas scene as well

And DH's christmas is the Godric's Hollow scenes so I don't think so

Leet’s ask Dumbeldore if he wants to see Lego making Inferi cave set and he would respond with his head shaking sourly. Haha!

12 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I assume the next advent calendar will be based on Order of the Phoenix. It's the only left, right?

Did PoB have christmas scenes at all?

Also, I dont think the scene of the "13 at the dinner table" scene from PoA was shown in the movie, so that rules out that christmas scene as well

And DH's christmas is the Godric's Hollow scenes so I don't think so

I can’t remember there is any Christmas scene in PoA either but i only remember the invisible Harry rushing through the group of carolers (?) in the snow Hogmeade after hearing the shocking news. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

The choir Harry runs into is a Xmas themed choir alright. 

I guess a Hogsmede themed advent calendar wouldn’t be the craziest idea.

But I still suspect it will be a HBP themed one. It’ll tie in with the Burrow and or Slug Club I think.