Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

19 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

He isn't, but I'm not sure if that constitutes a spoiler or not :wink:

As long as you don't tell me what it would be a spoiler for, you're golden :pir-wench:

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Brunnhilde/Valkyrie is gay as well.

That's the Marvel one right? I forgot about her. 

2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

That's the Marvel one right? I forgot about her. 

Yep, Tessa Thompsons character. And Zia from Jurassic World is gay as well.

29 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

I think it's so cute that Dumbledore is the first gay Lego character ever made. Someone pointed it out to me today. :wub:

It's a shame that milestone isn't claimed by a character that was gay on screen (or even off-screen at the time the minifigure was produced). Actually have there been minifigures for any characters who are confirmed to be gay on screen? I know Valkyrie is was meant to have it confirmed but I'm not sure if that actually happened.

On the topic of Dumbledore figures though it is rather odd that the blue Dumbledore hasn't popped up anywhere since CMF1. The 2:1 ratio of Gambon to Harris Dumbledores in general is a bit strange. 

Edited by MaxHeadroom

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Yep, Tessa Thompsons character. And Zia from Jurassic World is gay as well.

I clearly need to rewatch Jurassic World, since I only remember Chris Pratt's character!

2 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Actually have there been minifigures for any characters who are confined to be gay on screen?

There aren't many characters who are confirmed to be gay on screen in properties Lego have licenses for. Possibly one of the licenses they've done for Ideas? In Star Wars, I think it's only D'Acy and her wife on screen, and none for Harry Potter. 

There's one that appears in an upcoming property, but as I've said I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or not :shrug_oh_well: Probably not, but you never know.

9 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

On the topic of Dumbledore figures though it is rather odd that the blue Dumbledore hasn't popped up anywhere since CMF1. The 2:1 ratio of Gambon to Harris Dumbledores in general is a bit strange. 

Harris!Dumbledore has shown up in three sets and Gambon!Dumbledore in two though :tongue:

7 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Well lego hasn't made any sets that fit another blue Dumbledore, except for astronomy tower.

When its time for another blue Dumbledore I'm guessing it wont be the same outfit from the cmf.

What do you mean 2:1  in favor of Gambon

So far Gambon has 2:  cmf and yule ball.

Harris has 2: great hall and cmf.     with a 3rd coming this year chamber of secrets.

2 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

@Alexandrina Is your avi's hair still in rotation? Because it would be great for Mrs. Flume.

It only appeared in BAM stations back in 2019(?) so it's no longer in rotation. But they're not too expensive on Bricklink so I'd recommend looking there: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=28432&name=Minifigure, Hair Female Long Wavy with Ponytail (BAM)&category=[Minifigure, Hair]#T=C&C=103

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:
14 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Harris!Dumbledore has shown up in three sets and Gambon!Dumbledore in two though

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:
14 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Harris!Dumbledore has shown up in three sets and Gambon!Dumbledore in two though 

Harris was included in 4 sets, Great Hall, AC2019, CMF2, and Hogwarts Castle 2021.  I did mess up the ratio though, It's 2:1 Harris to Gambon. 

Edited by MaxHeadroom

16 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Since Richard Harris only played Dumbledore in the first two movies I don't find it strange that there are more Gambon versions. 

Nevermind.

Edited by karrit

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It only appeared in BAM stations back in 2019(?) so it's no longer in rotation. But they're not too expensive on Bricklink so I'd recommend looking there: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=28432&name=Minifigure, Hair Female Long Wavy with Ponytail (BAM)&category=[Minifigure, Hair]#T=C&C=103

Oh thanks. From a different angle it doesn't look that accurate for Mrs. Flume though. 

6 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

@Alexandrina Is your avi's hair still in rotation? Because it would be great for Mrs. Flume.

I couldn't tell you, I bought it second hand off Bricklink a few months back. It's only ever been in BAM to my knowledge though. 

Just now, Albert with an A said:

What does this mean exactly?

That it's going out of production. It'll still be sold but the set will no longer get restocked.

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

According to Promobricks the Great Hall set will go EOL this summer. 

Not shocking, but ominous for those of us hoping for a future return to the 2018-2020 castle style.

2 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Not shocking, but ominous for those of us hoping for a future return to the 2018-2020 castle style.

The style will probably return next year, it just looks like TLG just wanted to do something new for the anniversary wave.

14 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

The style will probably return next year, it just looks like TLG just wanted to do something new for the anniversary wave.

Inb4 after the Hogwarts system of the last three years and the anniversary system this year there’s a third and even more distinctive Hogwarts Castle style next year :laugh:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

There's one that appears in an upcoming property, but as I've said I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or not :shrug_oh_well: Probably not, but you never know.

Harris!Dumbledore has shown up in three sets and Gambon!Dumbledore in two though :tongue:

Can you put a spoiler tag? I'm very curious who it is

Also which sets does each Dumbledore specifically come, and are you classifying the one from the great hall as Harris or Gambon cus its kinda both imo

22 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

I disagree with this. Firstly, because it was supposed to go EOL prior to the sets last summer, and only stuck around because of great sales. Heck, who's to say that it wouldn't have stuck around until 2022 if they hadn't chosen to put out a new version this year?

Secondly, and going on with that, a Great Hall remake was inevitable at some point soon, because LEGO's not going to want the most iconic piece of Hogwarts off-shelves at any point. They could've maybe pushed it off to 2022, but I think that was just our collective blind optimism making few people suspect a 2021 GH remake. So, with a remake, they'd either have to just essentially rerelease the 2018 set with different figures, or do something different. Something like the Anniversary sets.

In my opinion, that's why the new Great Hall set is so different, and so much closer to the 2001 sets in vibe and 2010 sets in style, complete with the classic green roofs. It allows them to put out a remake that many people who own the 2018 set will still want to buy, and one that will appeal even more to LEGO's target audience- y'know, the kiddos. In 2022, I'd bet my bottom dollar that they go back to the previous style, because there's no nostalgic feeling to go along with the Battle of Hogwarts, or at least not the same sort of feeling. The 2021 sets, love them or hate them, are near-certainly a one-time deal, and I only expect they'll become the new style if they sell exponentially better than the previous sets, which is unlikely.

I don't really think the chamber set is a great hall replacement.  it a whole different kind of set. 

The idea is different, and it has taken on some of the aesthetic of the great hall because they could, as well as it being a nice oppertunity for them to homage 2001.

This new system is all about the interiors and modularity both up and to the side.  getting any resemblance to the castle is basically a bonus.

this is what is happening:

0001355-modular-doll-house-550.jpg

They might even make a new 2018-style great hall in the future while this 2021 system still gets new rooms.

The great hall audience has been saturated for a little while, consider its will have had 3 years shelf life +  

I've been reading about how Lego has to get rid of moulds after a while (such as the goat), and this year the Thestral will be three years old. I really thought Lego would have utilised that amazing design in some HP sets because I want a fleet of Thestrals. Fingers crossed. :dsweet:

13 minutes ago, deskp said:

this is what is happening:

Interesting observation. I really hope the interiors are good. I keep looking at that square tower thing next to the Great Hall and above the second part of the chamber and being curious, imagining some cool furniture and decorations. 

Edited by BrickFunatic

I personally think the quidditch accessory pack is very exciting. It'll be way easier to complete full quidditch teams now, especially for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe last years students pack had 3 new prints; the ravenclaw torso (slightly different since the 1st was from a CMF) chos faceprint (double-sided for the 1st time) and of course the open marauders map. So hopefully we can get a few new prints this year, ideally face prints. Either way very exciting to me especially for being so cheap. 

52 minutes ago, Nick unassembled said:

I personally think the quidditch accessory pack is very exciting. It'll be way easier to complete full quidditch teams now, especially for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe last years students pack had 3 new prints; the ravenclaw torso (slightly different since the 1st was from a CMF) chos faceprint (double-sided for the 1st time) and of course the open marauders map. So hopefully we can get a few new prints this year, ideally face prints. Either way very exciting to me especially for being so cheap. 

I agree. I've been contemplating purchasing the quidditch book ($20) and just a Ravenclaw Torso on Bricklink ($15 not including postage). So basically for $24, I should be getting everything I wanted plus more. So it's perfect. I've just been wanting to make a Quidditch Cho and Cedric as I don't really know anyone else on their teams to make figures of and I already have full Slytherin and Griffindor teams on my quidditch pitch! :laugh: These are basically cheap army builders to make figures of whoever you want. So I don't know why people see so unhappy with the characters? Just change them. Like Hannah Abbott, the named her on the box, but it's just pieces from other figures you could make yourself. So it's not like they're making super exclusive figures anyway.