Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Oh, I completely agree, some just believe that it breaks previous canon.

Some also wholeheartedly believe Luke doesn't make any sense in TLJ. I personally thought he was great and his view on life made a lot of sense.

But it's probably best not to start a love/hate TLJ discussion in this thread :tongue:

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Anyway, I hope FB3 is succesful enough so that the other planned sequels aren’t scrapped. As long as FB is around, we’re safe from that abomination :devil_laugh:

Even with Depp who basically carried the whole FB2 movie it wasnt succesful so we can only imagine how bad is FB3 gonna flop without him. 

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Even with Depp who basically carried the whole FB2 movie it wasnt succesful so we can only imagine how bad is FB3 gonna flop without him. 

Alternatively, it might get more love without Johnny Depp as the lightning rod for standout performance. 

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Alternatively, it might get more love without Johnny Depp as the lightning rod for standout performance. 

In terms of box office performance, I doubt....

9 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Depp didn't really affect CoG's box office situation though, that was the films convoluted and overcomplicated story. I personally like the film but I completely understand why a lot of people think it has a poor story.

As long as they've got a good story and someone to keep Rowling in check (which they have) I don't see why FB3 would flop.

6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

In terms of box office performance, I doubt....

Why? Eddie Redmayne is a bigger draw nowadays anyway, and if they get Colin Darrell back it will be like Depp was never there at all. If the film is good, it will do just fine. 

Depp as Grindelwald was surprisingly good to a lot of people, but he isn't the heart of the film (it's the main 4).

As actors go I would say Mads is insanely popular so he will do fine to bring people in.

Yes thats the thing, even with him it did bad because overcomplicated story. It didnt affect FB2 but it will FB3 because people who watched 2nd movie only because they were interested in Depps performance as Grindellwald wont be interested in FB3. Maybe you are right that FB2 doesnt stand on his shoulders but I still wouldnt expect next movie to do any better without him.

Edited by Textorix

Please keep this topic on topic.

I don’t see how discussing Star Wars films and which actor is a bigger box office draw has anything to do with Lego Harry Potter.

Stick to Lego Harry Potter please.

Thank you! :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Please keep this topic on topic.

I don’t see how discussing Star Wars films and which actor is a bigger box office draw has anything to do with Lego Harry Potter.

Stick to Lego Harry Potter please.

Thank you! :thumbup:

This is happens when we have no leaks to discuss and we are tired of overtheoryzing what "lower your expectations" could mean about august sets :laugh:

Edited by Textorix

How about the old favorite best/worst possible setlist. It's been a few days since the last round. The random rule this time is that every set must include at least one Dobby. 

$70- Shell Cottage with dead Dobby

$130- Brickbuilt Dobby with standard Dobby for scale

$40-COS quidditch set with evil Dobby 

$30-Hospital set with apologetic Dobby

I have no idea if that's the best or worst but it's something.

5 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

$70- Shell Cottage with dead Dobby

$130- Brickbuilt Dobby with standard Dobby for scale

$40-COS quidditch set with evil Dobby 

$30-Hospital set with apologetic Dobby

I have no idea if that's the best or worst but it's something.

I would actually like this one...well except brickbuild Dobby. Shell Cottage would be great set to include Bill Weasley, Quidditch remake is fine because you can combine it with old one and Hospital wing set could have Madam Pomfrey minifigure.

9 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

How about the old favorite best/worst possible setlist. It's been a few days since the last round. The random rule this time is that every set must include at least one Dobby. 

£30 - Dobby and the Message, containing Dobby, Mr Mason and Mrs Mason

£40 - Dobby's corpse, complete with knife in the throat 

£70 - Dobby's sock, but BIG 

£130 - Malfoy Manor, with Dobby, Scabior and Ollivander 

44 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

30–501st set style house elf set—3 Dobbys, one winky, and two kreachers, and a Dobby walker

40–House elf socks and hat

70–Shell cottage, with grave

130–Malfoy Manner

250–with literally nothing but 500 Dobbys with socks

Edited by Brickroll

52 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

250–with literally nothing but 500 Dobbys with socks

Only $0.50 per minifigure? That's incredible value. This would also be a great army builder set and I'm sure many of us would pick up a few copies. 

43 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Do you anticipate we'll get many new moulds in the August wave?

It's pointless to guess without knowing what the sets are. Since they're "disappointing" it would be safe to assume there won't be too many. For now I'll guess there will be three new parts. Feel free to make your own blind guesses and we can all come back here and see who guessed correctly when the sets are revealed. 

Hopefully this is allowed on here, for fans of the current Diagon Alley check out the shops that Scarlett Patronus has made on Instagram .. they’re brilliantly done .. there aren’t any pictures of them with the current Diagon Alley ( yet ) but they look a perfect match 😍

7 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

Hopefully this is allowed on here, for fans of the current Diagon Alley check out the shops that Scarlett Patronus has made on Instagram .. they’re brilliantly done .. there aren’t any pictures of them with the current Diagon Alley ( yet ) but they look a perfect match 😍

I second this; big fan of@Scarlet_Patronus's MOCs.

On the topic of possible sets for August... I don't think anyone has mentioned the café from DH. Being an action scene, it might make for a good set in Lego's eyes. Rowle and Dolohov minifigures might be a draw for some people. I think it fits the bill for "surprising" as well as "disappointing" to some. Just throwing that out there.

19 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

On the topic of possible sets for August... I don't think anyone has mentioned the café from DH. Being an action scene, it might make for a good set in Lego's eyes. Rowle and Dolohov minifigures might be a draw for some people. I think it fits the bill for "surprising" as well as "disappointing" to some. Just throwing that out there.

That's genuinely a good shout. Simple enough to not take up a big set slot, with opportunity for any or all of the trio, plus the two aforementioned Death Eaters. It would double up as a useful set for City fans as well, if the café was well-designed.

If that's the sort of set we're getting I'll be dead chuffed, so I hope you saying that hasn't got my hopes up for nothing! :pir-wench:

2 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

How about the old favorite best/worst possible setlist.

PLEASE NO!!! :laugh: Can someone please let me know when this is over again?

16 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I have to say, I would be pretty miffed if I spent a hundred and got that. Yes, the box is heaving - but it looks like a £70 box to me.

Now take a look at this

image.png.4fe4fa241f6926b70216ec377f9c9cbb.png

6 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Now take a look at this

image.png.4fe4fa241f6926b70216ec377f9c9cbb.png

Maybe it's my eyes, but that looks like a bigger box to me. It's possible that I'm influenced by the fact I've seen that set's box in the flesh, but the Winnie the Pooh box looks very much like the Ship in a Bottle, at least from the picture. 

Just now, Alexandrina said:

Maybe it's my eyes, but that looks like a bigger box to me. It's possible that I'm influenced by the fact I've seen that set's box in the flesh, but the Winnie the Pooh box looks very much like the Ship in a Bottle, at least from the picture. 

The box is bigger, but it does seem pretty empty to me. Not to say it's bad value but certainly not better than Winnie the Pooh.

14 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

The box is bigger, but it does seem pretty empty to me. Not to say it's bad value but certainly not better than Winnie the Pooh.

Very probably it's just an illusion of camera perspective. 

7 minutes ago, The Brick Dude said:

Where are the leaks people are saying theyve seen?

They were on Instagram, but I think they were long since removed. Some users have saved the images, I think, so you'll have to get one of them to PM you.