Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Isn’t that the same werewolf head mould they’ve been using since 2012? :tongue:

I didn't even realise there had been a werewolf in 2012, let alone a replacement for the original werewolf head. If it is the same part then I'm not sure it would work for werewolf-Lupin - the Monster Fighters head looks too cartoonish, so I'd be worried it wouldn't fit with the minifigure lineup of modern Harry Potter sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get warewolf Lupin minifig he needs new mould for sure because his appearance in POA is nothing like warewolfs from other movies or cartoon series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Isn’t that the same werewolf head mould they’ve been using since 2012? :tongue:

No it's the cmf series 14 mould from 2015 which is different from the monster fighter werewolf mould

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

If we get warewolf Lupin minifig he needs new mould for sure because his appearance in POA is nothing like warewolfs from other movies or cartoon series.

He also needs the digigrade minifig legs first introduced with the cmf series and has been disappointingly used so sparingly despite how much it could help improve accuracy of figures and is such a cool piece! It bothers me so much when LEGO introduces an awesome piece with tons of potential but then fail to capitalize on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Textorix said:

So yes, obviously a lot of people are disappointed with june wave because it just doesnt match the level of greatness of 2018-2020 sets and its not because of green roofs.... and getting remakes of sets mainly from first 2 movies is also quite annoying but not so bad as getting 10th version of Lukes landspeeder I guess 

I'm really hoping the June wave is just an anniversary diversion, because otherwise I feel like they abandoned those of us that heavily invested in the 2018 - 2020 sets.  Give us Gringotts so that those of us that dumped money into Diagon Alley can complete our scene.  Give us Deathly Hallows sets so that all the books are represented.  Finish off the Hogwarts mega build in the 2018 - 2020 style with Bell Towers, and maybe a Courtyard Battle Scene.  

After that remake as much as you want and I'll probably pick up a few items to pad out my 2018-2020 collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think this is just anniversary diversion and that this theme will go back to its 2018-2020 style but I am not sure if it happens this year or next one because sadly we still dont know what are august sets based on.

Edited by Textorix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I think this is just anniversary diversion and that this theme will go back to its 2018-2020 style but I am not sure if it happens this year or next one because sadly we still dont know what are august sets based on.

The wording from those in the know definitely implies that the August sets are more a continuation of the June wave than a return to last year's. To be honest, that makes more sense than having half a year be anniversary and half be regular, and ending up doing neither justice. It's better imo to go all-in on the anniversary sets, in August too, and then give us a return to normality for the whole year next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should stick with anniversary theme but maybe they can make them ore similar to the previous wave. I dont mind getting sets from the first two movies since they were the best but have them at least match my current sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A horrible thought just crossed my mind. What if the August wave has buildable figures like the Star Wars figures from a few years ago. None of us would guess all of what's coming, says FalconFan. Would any of us really think Lego would go there? Lego would have learnt their lesson from how bad the SW figures sold I hear you say? But since when do Lego's decisions make sense.

'You be surprised [how bad it can get]', says Guyon, 'the quality of these sets is pretty much irrelevant'. So basically the set concepts are fundamentally bad in his opinion. As in, if we were told Lego was doing a Buildable Sorting Hat it could either look like a brick built poop emoji or a really detailed quality build that actually resembles a talking hat, but it's still a 'bad' set because not that many people would have that set at the top of their wishlist or want to spend that much money on the concept.

And if you take into account the fact that he doesn't think the June Anniversary sets are that bad, I'd say the August sets can't be anniversary sets, otherwise they'd probably at least hold some value because of potential minifigures. But I believe his description of his opinion on these sets was 'God no!'

That I think is a appropriate retort for someone who knows we are getting Brick Built HP figures. 76395 ($29.99) could be a single figure like Dumbledore or Voldermort, 76394 ($39.99) could be a 'bigger' figure like Hagrid and 76392 ($69.99) could be a triple pack of Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Am I going crazy? Could it possibly get this bad?

In all honesty, I'm joking ... and yet a small part of me screams that this could be true. :sick:

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

In all honesty, I'm joking ... and yet a small part of me screams that this could be true. :sick:

The only question mark with your theory is the £129.99 set. Nobody is paying that for a build able figure, and if it were lots of characters it would make more sense to release them separately. 

But then, nobody ever said all the sets are bad. A wave of build able figures and, say, a Bell Tower set would meet all the criteria for what we know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Am I going crazy?

I don't know if you are going crazy :grin: 

But I think that most of us would become crazy (and not for joy), if your assumptions will be proved true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

The only question mark with your theory is the £129.99 set. Nobody is paying that for a build able figure, and if it were lots of characters it would make more sense to release them separately. 

But then, nobody ever said all the sets are bad. A wave of build able figures and, say, a Bell Tower set would meet all the criteria for what we know. 

I know. I'm not saying they're all figures. The higher price sets could be other things, but FalconFan said something like nobody would guess all of the sets, like someone may get lucky and guess a couple, but who would really think figures would be in there? I've only gone there after all this time and because of the dire hints.  :sceptic:

2 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I don't know if you are going crazy :grin: 

But I think that most of us would become crazy (and not for joy), if your assumptions will be proved true. 

I don't think I've ever been more intrigued by an upcoming wave. And the thing is, it sounds like I'm not even going to like the wave!

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I know. I'm not saying they're all figures. The higher price sets could be other things, but FalconFan said something like nobody would guess all of the sets, like someone may get lucky and guess a couple, but who would really think figures would be in there? :sceptic:

Now you've got me worried that you've cracked it. Surely Lego wouldn't, though... would they? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Now you've got me worried that you've cracked it. Surely Lego wouldn't, though... would they? 

I don't know. :laugh_hard: I thought the only thing certain this year was going to be some solid HP sets, probably with DH sets and a Gringotts, and yet look where we are. It's driving me nuts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

/snip/

Yeah, there's no chance this could ever happen. People seem to forget rather often, but LEGO's main goal is to make money. If they couldn't sell buildable action figures with cool play features in one of their most popular lines with characters that make sense, no designer would even propose they do the same thing with HP, a theme for which most of the above doesn't even apply.

Honestly, people here need to stop doomsdaying and assuming that LEGO wants to make sets everyone will hate, because this forum's starting to get to be as toxic as the LEGO Star Wars fandom.

Edited by Retro Brick Reviews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It's driving me nuts!

Same here, if we will be kept with this amount of knowledge about august sets for one more month it will drive me crazy :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Yeah, there's no chance this could ever happen. People seem to forget rather often, but LEGO's main goal is to make money. If they couldn't sell buildable action figures with cool play features in one of their most popular lines with characters that make sense, no designer would even propose they do the same thing with HP, a theme for which most of the above doesn't even apply.

Honestly, people here need to stop doomsdaying and assuming that LEGO wants to make sets everyone will hate, this forum's starting to become as toxic as the LEGO Star Wars fandom.

No one is assuming anything. We are going on hints by two trusted people which have led us a certain way. And in the absence of any other leaks there is not much else to discuss so we are speculating. There is a difference between light speculation and being toxic.

And I don't think any of us forget that Lego wants to make money, but a lot of the time their decisions do not seem to make sense money wise. If their decisions were so predictable then half of our discussions would never need to happen as we'd know exactly what they are going to do.

Just now, Textorix said:

Same here, if we will be kept with this amount of knowledge about august sets for one more month it will drive me crazy :D 

I'm just genuinely intrigued as to what sets based on this magical universe could be considered to be quite that bad. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Honestly, people here need to stop doomsdaying and assuming that LEGO wants to make sets everyone will hate, because this forum's starting to get to be as toxic as the LEGO Star Wars fandom.

I mean are you even suprised after all negative hints Guyon and Falconfan gave us? Not a single positive information from them in regards to august wave... We seriously need someone to end this because its making this thread so depressive. But when we finaly get the info about what august sets are and it turns out to be better or equal to june sets I will never again trust hints from these guys :DDD

Edited by Textorix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

If they couldn't sell buildable action figures with cool play features in one of their most popular lines with characters that make sense, no designer would even propose they do the same thing with HP, a theme for which most of the above doesn't even apply.

Not that I believe or disbelieve this is true, I am honestly clueless, but I relate the idea of these less to the constraction figs and more to the  current line of unofficial UCS sets like yoda and bb8. I cannot imagine HP sets ever using the consraction system, which is imo the reason those SW sets failed, and I'm pretty sure the UCS ones are successful as they keep making them. The prices are pretty different from the list we have, but I think they could make some nice display statue-esk sets at a smaller scale (but obviously I prefer minifig sets like most of you)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously doubt buildable figures are something LEGO would even consider for HP. Not only was the concept not entirely successful for Star Wars (although I think that was down to having to produce new characters that most people had little interest in) but the concept had most of is success with helmeted characters which worked well for the style. SW could get away with a few odd looking fleshy figures to compliment the helmeted/robotic ones.

Another issue is just looking at figures in general. Star Wars has had a consistently loved and consistently produced action figure line from hasbro since the 1990s, Harry Potter has had the opposite. Figure ranges only covered 2 films at most. The only one to branch out past two films (NECA) barely did and they were complete nightmares of quality control. The LEGO Harry Potter minifigures, even just the 2010-2011 line was undeniably the best collection of Harry Potter figures period from any company before the HP merch resurgence in the late 2010s.

Now the best HP figure line is a bit more debatable between LEGO, funko, and those metal things but  I still think LEGO may be the winner. They definitely have the best articulation and likenesses at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

But if these august sets are not buildable figures or brickbuild animals but just playsets or anniversary playsets I cant see reason why would they be so bad. 

Edited by Textorix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

He also needs the digigrade minifig legs first introduced with the cmf series and has been disappointingly used so sparingly despite how much it could help improve accuracy of figures and is such a cool piece! It bothers me so much when LEGO introduces an awesome piece with tons of potential but then fail to capitalize on it.

Agreed, they used those legs a few times for rare figures such as the Dimensions gremlin and the demogorgan, but why not for original themes such as Ninjago monsters or even festive Easter rabbits?

They could be used in Starwars too for the Geonosians 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Textorix said:

But if these august sets are not buildable figures or brickbuild animals but just playsets or anniversary playsets I cant see reason why would they be so bad. 

I can only assume they are either ee set concepts the leakers don’t like, anniversary style remakes of old sets and/or things that go against the general set wishes of this community (Gringotts, DH sets, Battle of Hogwarts)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Agreed, they used those legs a few times for rare figures such as the Dimensions gremlin and the demogorgan, but why not for original themes such as Ninjago monsters or even festive Easter rabbits?

They could be used in Starwars too for the Geonosians 

And for Zeb if they every did more Rebels. But Geonosians would be a good fit too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Textorix said:

But if these august sets are not buildable figures or brickbuild animals but just playsets or anniversary playsets I cant see reason why would they be so bad. 

Maybe we need to think more of things like 1:1 scale models of props etc.

eg: Brick-built chocolate frog and beans box. Build-your-own-wand parts pack. Maybe character portrait mosaics 🤢 

I think a UCS PS Based Chess board set is not unlikely

Edited by Bugbot20082

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.