Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Unless he's only heard descriptions, which is even worse.

Well if august sets being bad is not matter of their build quality then I guess its just some brickbuild stuff or plenty of remakes.

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Well if august sets being bad is not matter of their build quality then I guess its just some brickbuild stuff or plenty of remakes.

Yup, and I honestly don't know which would be worse :ugh:

As far as I remember, it was indeed the set selection that’s disappointing, not the actual quality of the sets :shrug_oh_well:

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Then the choices itself for sets would suck, in which case for most people the quality wouldn't even matter as they wouldn't be buying those sets. 

Exactly. No matter how detailed and well-constructed Dobby’s sock was, nobody would buy it, except for us clowns of course :grin:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

As I've said before, the quality of these sets is pretty much irrelevant. 

Oh, so it's the first one. 

Guess I'm gonna go cry now.

Well S11 ninjago prototypes were different from the final versions. Cole's bike, for example. And S14 final versions were better for me, even though they were almost the same as protoypes

Am I the only one who finds it weird that the quality of the minifig selection hasn’t been mentioned before, not even once? *huh* I mean, good minifigs could save even the most mediocre of sets, so this is somewhat concerning. Maybe it’s just a collection of brickbuilt magical creatures at various price points after all :tongue:

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh, so it's the first one. 

Guess I'm gonna go cry now.

Well look at it from bright side. If these were interesting playsets ideas with terrible builds you would be still tempted to buy them. Now when quality is irrelevant because sets choice suck you can save a lot of money.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who finds it weird that the quality of the minifig selection hasn’t been mentioned before, not even once? *huh* I mean, good minifigs could save even the most mediocre of sets, so this is somewhat concerning. Maybe it’s just a collection of brickbuilt magical creatures at various price points after all :tongue:

Yes another strong hint that we are getting lots of brickbuild or micro stuff...

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Am I the only one who finds it weird that the quality of the minifig selection hasn’t been mentioned before, not even once?

Is the minifigure selection even known? If the sources for Guyon and Falconfan have only seen pictures like the June leaks, for example, it might not be possible to judge - or even identify - all the minifigures. 

It looks like they didnt see pictures but from describtion they got they should know at least some minifigures ... but so far they havent mentioned minifigures at all.

32 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

As I've said before, the quality of these sets is pretty much irrelevant. 

Thank you. Started to think I was going mad. :wink:

48 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Well look at it from bright side. If these were interesting playsets ideas with terrible builds you would be still tempted to buy them. Now when quality is irrelevant because sets choice suck you can save a lot of money.

Yes another strong hint that we are getting lots of brickbuild or micro stuff...

Yeah, that's actually a really bright side, I'll have more money for Marvel as this year's shaping up to be so good.

It's just kind of disappointing that they failed at the first stage of making Lego sets, choosing what they are based on.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

But from marketing point of view why would Lego decided to experiment with lots of brickbuilds or sets which they know will fail to sell well if they know what majority of their customers want? Why they dont give us Gringotts, why not some DH sets or wanted remakes of sets like Shrieking Shack or Lake task? I mean they are risking a lot of money if they are releasing sets that are not interesting for adults and even kids wont buy everything as they dont have that much money. It just doesnt make any sense after like 3 years of absolute god tier level super detailed sets we got. Lego has set the bar of quality for this theme so high that I cant imagine that we would get really bad sets. I am not counting anniversary sets because those are based on already bad (in build quality) sets from 2001-2002.

Edited by Textorix

The way I see it, there’s the following options to explain our minifig situation:

1. Falconfan & Guyon don’t know the minifig selection but didn’t mention anything in order to prevent us from rising our hopes too much again (since mediocre sets can be saved by a good minifig selection)
  2. The set selection is so poor that even the best minifigs couldn’t save it, so mentioning them would be completely pointless (impossible in my book, but that’s just me :laugh:)
  3. They do know the minifig selection, and it’s just as poor as the set selection
  4. There simply aren’t any minifigs :oh3:

If the minifig selection was actually good, I think either of our informants would’ve mentioned that. Maybe it’s option 1, but I’m not counting on that :distressed:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The set selection is so poor that even the best minifigs couldn’t save it, so mentioning them would be completely pointless (impossible in my book, but that’s just me :laugh:)

Same with me. If there were really good minifigures, they would always save the situation no matter how bad the set would be because you still can buy those separately or buy the set anyways as a brick pack :D

Yesterday, the official LEGO Instagram account shared a video of a fan-made kinetic sculpture of Hogwarts with a tiny Ford Anglia that “flies” above the school and a super-micro Hogwarts Express that moves around Hogwarts in circles.

I have a sneaking suspicion that, in addition to a big brick built item or two (eg the Sword of Gryffindor or the Sorting Hat) we could be getting some kinetic sculptures (after all that’s what Hedwig was and she appears to have sold well) like this that are targeted at AFOLs who want an interesting display piece - not a play set.

This would be a big shift for LEGO in this license. The 2018-2020 HP sets were so great because they were both beautiful for adults to display and fun for kids to play with. If this is the strategy LEGO goes with, the June wave will be made for kids to play with (but also weirdly nostalgic for 25+ year old adults) and the August wave will be made for adults to display.

And it would indeed be disappointing to me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL1xM_dsA1g/

Edited by sebastian666

5 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

August wave will be made for adults to display.

And it would indeed be disappointing to me.

If you can only display it that doesnt mean that adults will like it. I think most of adults like minifigure sets more than brickbuild statues etc. but they have to be detailed and look good which was the case of 2018-2020 sets.

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's just kind of disappointing that they failed at the first stage of making Lego sets, choosing what they are based on.

The thing that's worth remembering is that it's not actually confirmed anywhere that the sets are brickbuilt, microscale, or anything else that's been bandied about on this thread - until we've seen the sets or had solid information on what they are, or until somebody in the know drops confirmation, there's nothing definitively saying that this is a minifigure-free wave. In fact, looking at the price counts from yesterday (especially the £29.99 one) I think they're bang on the money for playsets with minifigures. Maybe we'll get one brickbuilt set, and also not get the Gringotts fans were hoping for, but I'm sure we'll get plenty of minifigures.

Yeah but if they are just regular playsets with minifigures how could they be worse than anniversary wave? Maybe they are anniversary sets too but still how could they be worse. I am starting to think that the only reason why Guyon didnt like it is because there is nothing that he or most of us wanted and maybe it turns out to be good actually.

Edited by Textorix

13 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah but if they are just regular playsets with minifigures how could they be worse than anniversary wave? Maybe they are anniversary sets too but still how could they be worse. I am starting to think that the only reason why Guyon didnt like it is because there is nothing that he or most of us wanted and maybe it turns out to be good actually.

The june sets even though don’ t look that good were a very good selection: chamber of secrets and  fluffy are sets that people have been begging for years, since they are iconic scenes from the first 2 movies.

Now if the august sets are 20 anniversary sets of things like, for exemple:

30$ harry’s zoo trip or harry’s gringotts cart ride (a remake of the 2001)

40$ hut on the rock (considering we are getting dudley from that scene in the AC)

These would be very lackluster and underwhelming scenes to recreate, at least in my opinion xD

25 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

The thing that's worth remembering is that it's not actually confirmed anywhere that the sets are brickbuilt, microscale, or anything else that's been bandied about on this thread - until we've seen the sets or had solid information on what they are, or until somebody in the know drops confirmation, there's nothing definitively saying that this is a minifigure-free wave. In fact, looking at the price counts from yesterday (especially the £29.99 one) I think they're bang on the money for playsets with minifigures. Maybe we'll get one brickbuilt set, and also not get the Gringotts fans were hoping for, but I'm sure we'll get plenty of minifigures.

I don't remember saying anything about those sets being minfigure-free, not regular sets.

I was just saying that the choices must be hella disappointing. 

7 minutes ago, Bernar said:

30$ harry’s zoo trip or harry’s gringotts cart ride (a remake of the 2001)

40$ hut on the rock (considering we are getting dudley from that scene in the AC)

These would be very lackluster and underwhelming scenes to recreate, at least in my opinion xD

Actually I would be quite happy with these :DDD

1 minute ago, Textorix said:

Actually I would be quite happy with these :DDD

Well then, it turns out that indeed some people could hate the august wave and other love it :laugh:

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't remember saying anything about those sets being minfigure-free, not regular sets.

I think she was refering to me as I said that the only way these sets would be disappointing if they werent playsets but brickbuilds

Edited by Textorix

59 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The way I see it, there’s the following options to explain our minifig situation:

1. Falconfan & Guyon don’t know the minifig selection but didn’t mention anything in order to prevent us from rising our hopes too much again (since mediocre sets can be saved by a good minifig selection)
  2. The set selection is so poor that even the best minifigs couldn’t save it, so mentioning them would be completely pointless (impossible in my book, but that’s just me :laugh:)
  3. They do know the minifig selection, and it’s just as poor as the set selection
  4. There simply aren’t any minifigs :oh3:

If the minifig selection was actually good, I think either of our informants would’ve mentioned that. Maybe it’s option 1, but I’m not counting on that :distressed:

They have shared nothing which could be considered useful information besides vague warnings about emotions they or we will feel. Promobricks and the catalogue leak are the sources for the information we have (june and onwards). I could also speculate about your future emotions or things you like or dislike, but I wouldn't call myself an "informant" - it's more like a Freudian psychologist.

If I knew the information, kept it for myself and would read this forum from time to time, I would have fits of laughter over the hysteria my vague comments caused.