Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Perhaps something like a D2C Maurader's Map Wall Art? 

I haven't been a huge fan of the mosaics but a Maurader's Map would actually be pretty cool. 

52 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

TLG only owe you what you purchase from them though :tongue: Being customers, they don’t owe us confidential information. Sure it’s not that important on a global scale, however it is essential to them as a licensee. I imagine most licensers aren’t too happy when upcoming products get leaked so often, especially when as-of-yet unreleased movies are involved :laugh:

That argument is invalid for the upcoming Harry Potter wave because none of the sets are concerning unreleased movies. As far as I can remember Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets released 20 years ago. I don't think you can call that leaking or spoiling intellectual properties. Furthermore the movies are based on a "fringe" book series that was released 10 years prior and many of the movie-goers of Prisoner of Azkaban knew that Sirius was gonna go bye-bye two films later before they ever saw him appear on screen.

The whole leaks/spoiler thing is a relative new marketing gag for remake franchises, that seems to be highly effective on some subset of the population. Because how can you "spoil" or "leak" an intellectual property like Marvel movies that is entirely based on plot points that were released in the form of comic book strips for a few dollars over the last 70 years? Thanos overarching plot with the inifinity stones was obvious to comic book fans the first time he appeared on screen. His eventual defeat after his big "snap" is also more than certain because they wouldn't wipe out half their franchise permanently (money you know).

The new Disney Star Wars movies or Mandalorian series can also hardly considered to be "original" or spoilable through leaks. Episode 7 and 9 are essentially just modernised remakes of 4 and 6. Mandalorian is a paint by numbers episodic space western with fan-service cameos. How could a leak of lego set like "Trouble on Tatooine" spoil such a story when all the major plot points are retreads of what was already there (e.g. "reclaiming Darksaber to become ruler of Mandalore" or "defeat evil emperor" story line that has totally never been done before)? Your brain spoils itself when you watch the first few minutes of the episode or movie just like in a crime thriller when the criminal's face and deed is shown in the opening.

Most "original" and truly new intellectual properties don't get lego sets anyway (like small experimental independent films or new book releases)

4 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

That argument is invalid for the upcoming Harry Potter wave because none of the sets are concerning unreleased movies.

Sure, but my point was that licensers probably aren’t too happy with LEGO sets leaking as often as they do, regardless of whether it’s upcoming films or 20 year old ones, the former just makes it worse :grin: Leaks concerning “old” films are pretty harmless all things considered, but I get why they’re still a thorne in TLG’ and its licensers’ sides because they undercut their marketing efforts. They can’t control leaks, and thus lose control over the narrative somewhat

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sure, but my point was that licensers probably aren’t too happy with LEGO sets leaking as often as they do, regardless of whether it’s upcoming films or 20 year old ones, the former just makes it worse :grin: Leaks concerning “old” films are pretty harmless all things considered, but I get why they’re still a thorne in TLG’ and its licensers’ sides because they undercut their marketing efforts. They can’t control leaks, and thus lose control over the narrative somewhat

We are talking about Falconfan, Guyon or someone giving us a list of set names (for any theme) 3-5 months before release. Even with a current property like Mandalorian my example with "Trouble on Tattooine" as a set name wouldn't spoil any story, and Tattooine as a location was shown in the promotional trailers beforehand.

The pictures that were released by the Italian retailer were sent to them by Lego (as they did to thousands of others). And more than one has obviously shared these pictures (albeit not posting them online on their website) with people like Falconfan, Guyon, promobricks, other discord and telegram channels. The retailers themselves know that they are ordering a Looney Tunes cmf series at least 6 months before release for example. If Lego cracks down on "leakers", they could already go after Guyon, Falcon or KA1 to get to their sources because they told us repeatedly in this forum that they obtained information and pictures from the sets. Even when they are not sharing them with us and only give vague hints and warnings, the fact remains that by their own admission, they have received this information somehow (most likely in the eyes of Lego illegally). They could get personal data like the email and with that their real name and address. For example Guyon and Falcon have both instagram channels. Lego can claim copyright infringement on those and request Instagram to hand over personal information to resolve the copyright case...

8 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Okay, seeing as how we might be getting news of everything in the August wave tomorrow, I suppose this is the last day to put out our predictions.

Here are my last minute predictions:

$29.99 Forbidden Forest (Based on first movie) Could include Harry, Draco, Disguised Quirrell, Firenze, and Fang 

$39.99 Quidditch Match (POA based, stands could be based on the versions from that movie with most of the decorations removed and the wooden frames exposed)  Could include Harry, Angelina Johnson or Alicia Spinnet, Cedric Diggory (repeat of activity book minifigure), Michael McManus, 2 Dementors (or 1 Dementor and Dumbledore instead)

$59.99 Borgin and Burkes (CoS based) Could include Harry (repeat from Diagon Alley), Hagrid (repeat), Lucius Malfoy (repeat), Mr. Borgin, Alley Witch

$119.99 Gringotts (Only based on first movie, so no large vault/cart builds or dragon) Could include Harry (same as Diagon Alley and upcoming Advent Calendar version) Hagrid (another repeat) Griphook (potentially same as upcoming advent calendrer version), Head Goblin, 2 generic goblins

$249.99 Motorized Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade Station (Think Disney Train and Station, but a bit smaller)  Could include GoF version of the Trolley Witch and Hogwarts Express Conductor, and potentially any variety of other characters.

This is the most plausible anniversary wave I can come up with that where every set has something that could make it seem underwhelming to some people, whether it be repeated minifigures, obscure characters, potentially underwhelming builds, being remakes, or simply not being from the underrepresented later movies.  Well, here's to hoping that we actually do get news of the August wave.

Edited by spiderfan2000

9 hours ago, Juve said:

They owe me as a consumer. I just dont think anyone should get in trouble for a toy or something non essential for example lego. Its not like they are war plans or national security documents. If you dont want anything leaked then try to cover it. If someone finds out about it its your fault. I completely support people who would leak something since why wouldnt they and I also think its benefitial for lego itself since it hypes the product up. Not to go too much off topic but Im so happy that in my country the court would laugh at you if you sue someone for leaks or copyrights or something like that. Once its out its everyones property. But thats just us, dont know how it is in other parts.

I honestly couldn’t disagree with you more on all of that. Given how many countries have standard copyright laws, I will desist from further comment. @Lego-Freak has covered the rest.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

I honestly couldn’t disagree with you more on all of that. Given how many countries have standard copyright laws, I will desist from further comment. @Lego-Freak has covered the rest.

Lets just agree to disagree :D

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Here are my last minute predictions:

$29.99 Forbidden Forest (Based on first movie) Could include Harry, Draco, Disguised Quirrell, Firenze, and Fang 

$39.99 Quidditch Match (POA based, stands could be based on the versions from that movie with most of the decorations removed and the wooden frames exposed)  Could include Harry, Angelina Johnson or Alicia Spinnet, Cedric Diggory (repeat of activity book minifigure), Michael McManus, 2 Dementors (or 1 Dementor and Dumbledore instead)

$59.99 Borgin and Burkes (CoS based) Could include Harry (repeat from Diagon Alley), Hagrid (repeat), Lucius Malfoy (repeat), Mr. Borgin, Alley Witch

$119.99 Gringotts (Only based on first movie, so no large vault/cart builds or dragon) Could include Harry (same as Diagon Alley and upcoming Advent Calendar version) Hagrid (another repeat) Griphook (potentially same as upcoming advent calendrer version), Head Goblin, 2 generic goblins

$249.99 Motorized Hogwarts Express with Hogsmeade Station (Think Disney Train and Station, but a bit smaller)  Could include GoF version of the Trolley Witch and Hogwarts Express Conductor, and potentially any variety of other characters.

This is the most plausible anniversary wave I can come up with that where every set has something that could make it seem underwhelming to some people, whether it be repeated minifigures, obscure characters, potentially underwhelming builds, being remakes, or simply not being from the underrepresented later movies.  Well, here's to hoping that we actually do get news of the August wave.

Actually this would be amazing

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

This way they get free marketing so I still dont know why they are upset. Oh well I guess thats what they do

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

When should we expect KA1 to drop his info about D2C set?

Wait, is it today?

25 minutes ago, Juve said:

This way they get free marketing so I still dont know why they are upset. Oh well I guess thats what they do

Of course it’s free marketing, but most companies still like to be in control of how the public gets to know about upcoming products. Just an example: they obviously put in a lot of effort last year to promote the DA set, including hiring the Phelps brothers, creating the QR code AR experience, and including a secret box with the extra stand and PS Harry minifig. The leaks kinda sorta ruined that :laugh:

37 minutes ago, Juve said:

I would love this. I'm hoping for Gringott's, but this would be a nice alternative. A fun feature would be a functional spinning wall through which you can easily shove a minifigure and cart. My guess is Gringott's though - it would make the most sense to release it on the heels of DA.

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Of course it’s free marketing, but most companies still like to be in control of how the public gets to know about upcoming products. Just an example: they obviously put in a lot of effort last year to promote the DA set, including hiring the Phelps brothers, creating the QR code AR experience, and including a secret box with the extra stand and PS Harry minifig. The leaks kinda sorta ruined that :laugh:

Yeah but the product still sold so no worries :D

Hahah I guess Im biased since I said back where I'm from copyrights and those kind of stuff are waaay leaner than in other parts.

21 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Wait, is it today?

Well he said that he will able to share it in two days on monday and now is wednesday so it basically means he could drop it this evening.

Edited by Textorix

Just now, Seaber said:

It's 6pm in the Czech Republic, KA1 posted around this time two days ago, tension building :laugh:

Poland is also waiting xD

13 minutes ago, Seaber said:

It's 6pm in the Czech Republic, KA1 posted around this time two days ago, tension building :laugh:

I hope he was not lying because I build up my hype again in past two days

16 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I hope he was not lying because I build up my hype again in past two days

Eh, my impression was that KA1's action kinda sus. 

Lookin Kinda Sus Among Us | Etsy

I hate to say it, but I hope you guys hoping for some news today from KA1 have your clown outfits ready to go when nothing happens :rofl:

No way anything is coming today. If you know something you can share you should share it. Doesn't make sense to wait two days.

Edited by OrderOfTheBrick

13 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Perhaps something like a D2C Maurader's Map Wall Art? 

I wish this was the case (it would be a VERY easy skip) but weren't the Harry Potter art sets categorized under both the art line and the standard HP line? 

1 minute ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I wish this was the case (it would be a VERY easy skip) but weren't the Harry Potter art sets categorized under both the art line and the standard HP line? 

Lego Art has its on setnumber range just like brickheadz.

We can be sure it's no art set based on the setnumbers we know.

24 minutes ago, OrderOfTheBrick said:

No way anything is coming today. If you know something you can share you should share it. Doesn't make sense to wait two days.

Yeah that wad kinda suspicious to me as well because why would he have to wait two days

33 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

30 minutes ago, OrderOfTheBrick said:

Lego Art has its on setnumber range just like brickheadz.

We can be sure it's no art set based on the setnumbers we know.

Definitely forgot about the specific series # for art. Definitely would be categorized in that set if they do specific things in the Art series for other Licensed products. 

Ugh. If only they would make a LOTR relief map...