Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I love olive green, so I don’t really care all that much about how accurate it is. Similar to Jabba or Smaug, who both might not have the most accurate colours out there but I still couldn’t imagine with any other colour scheme :laugh:

...why do I have a feeling someone on the design team is monitoring us and will make the set happen at one point just to troll us? :tongue: (Preferably as a GWP of course)

That’s definitely something I would do :devil:

Here me out - 

D2C Dobby's Sock - the sock will be IN a D2C Tom Riddle's DIARY. Lego loves book constructs these days. 

Later, we can get a buildable Dobby HOLDING said Set with book and sock for the 2022 D2C new creation Ultimate Build Series (tag - not real) 

Harry Potter Fans Try to Free Dobby

5 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

people hated the 2020 sets especially the Astronomy Tower 

Idk I have loved it since it leaked. Oh how happy I would be if we got similar Hogwarts expansion this year.

20 minutes ago, Yope said:

What do people think about the olive green colour choice for the basilisk (assuming that's what it ends up being)?  I don't mind it but part of me feels that sand green, dark green or dark bluish grey might have been more accurate.  If there was a dark teal colour then that would have done a nice job. 

I think the Basilisk is absolutely glorious in its current state. So happy after that 2018 one.

12 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Lastly, I think people as in you know who I mean are being dramatic, I have been lurking the forum since 2018 and people hated the 2020 sets especially the Astronomy Tower and now people love it so

I remember there was a good amount of backlash for example Privet Drive for having a CoS set in a OoTP/HBP wave and the sand green of the Astronomy Tower. Year before was the large amount of head reuses for Krum and Fleur and other characters. Point is there’s always been complaints. Whenever they are baseless it’s up to you. Being here since the 2018 HP thread, I think it’s just that now that this thread has a lot more following, we’re getting a lot more different opinions and takes. Which is cool, because I like hearing what others have in mind. Ultimately do I believe people are quick to jump on the gun, sure, but I think out all of the complaints, this year’s is definitely the most warranted  and I say that as someone who enjoys these new sets. It’s a wide left turn from we were expecting.

Edited by RODDY

I've liked everything they've released, so bring it on. If it happens to be "junk" to others, then hopefully it won't sell well and I can pick up stuff at a discount. Win-win for me.

54 minutes ago, Yope said:

What do people think about the olive green colour choice for the basilisk (assuming that's what it ends up being)?  I don't mind it but part of me feels that sand green, dark green or dark bluish grey might have been more accurate.  If there was a dark teal colour then that would have done a nice job. 

Judging by the actual movie animatronic, they built for Chamber of Sectrets I think olive green is a good approximation for the colour. The lighting in this scene is very blue, dark and muted so that changes the colour impression on screen. Dark tan accents and maybe tan printing could be used to bring out scale detail and such. The head mould looks perfect imo. Some pieces will be exclusive new recolours like the 2x2 round brick in olive green.

ed53be22b6cefceecca71e622cd56078.jpg

1 hour ago, Yope said:

It looks darker than olive green on the top to me, more of a dark bluey grey, and more tan on the bottom, but the whole scene definitely has a greenish hue to it and it's hard to establish the basilisk's true colour in the dark lighting. That being said, I don't think olive green looks particularly good for the whole thing, but then this isn't the theme for grey so if they can't distinguish the underside from the top for the whole length of the basilisk then olive green all over seems like an okay compromise. If it was a bigger more detailed model then I would question the colour more.

6 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

So when is someone going to make a moc of Dobby's sock? I am super excited for the set!

Googling "Dobby Sock Lego Moc" I discovered a rather remarkable MOC created by Chung-Heng Cheng where a life-sized Dobby holding up his sock and the book. 

We may Mock the concept of a D2C Dobby's Sock lego set  - but....I'd seriously buy Cheng's MOC of Dobby. So great! Dobby and Grogu next to each other...so much force and magic together! 

1 hour ago, Yope said:

Sand green back and tan belly would have been my preference, but I like the bold olive green and it reminds me of the aforementioned Smaug, as well as the LotR Cave Troll which was a brighter sand blue colour rather than the dark grey colour from the films. The creatures stood out well, the new Hungarian Horntail is noticeably duller in dark brown rather than the reddish brown of the 2005 one, which I think is the only advantage of the old over the new. 

I'd be happy if a future Mountain Troll had the same sand blue colour. 

30 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It looks darker than olive green on the top to me, more of a dark bluey grey, and more tan on the bottom, but the whole scene definitely has a greenish hue to it and it's hard to establish the basilisk's true colour in the dark lighting. That being said, I don't think olive green looks particularly good for the whole thing, but then this isn't the theme for grey so if they can't distinguish the underside from the top for the whole length of the basilisk then olive green all over seems like an okay compromise. If it was a bigger more detailed model then I would question the colour more.

The old sand green one had printing on the curved parts and head (mostly dark green and silver lbg dbg). The new head mould will have printing and some of the curved body parts might either have printing or stickers to create the scale pattern. Since the lower jaw is tan in the prelims, I suspect that they will this time implement the accurate tan belly colour. The olive green is just the base colour which will propably have accent colours like dark tan, tan, dbg etc. to create the scales. Sand green is even brighter as a colour so I think olive is the better base colour of the two

image.jpeg.d9d1e2e58a8273a94504648db1c2e807.jpeg It's occurred to me that this Draco (from Diagon Alley) is not accurate to the actual appearance in the films where Draco wears a jumper - this was mentioned on last year's forum as it was an odd inconsistency compared to the trio's Gryffindor torsos.  I think this has to be because they had the girl's bathroom set in mind, the torso is perfect for Crabbe and Goyle's robes: Polyjuice Potion - Harry Potter - YouTube

I think I'll like the Basilisk best in olive.  I hope they don't change it to sand green which seems to be one of their must use colors these days in almost every set.  I don't know what they were thinking with that abomination they gave us in the 2018 set for the basilisk it's so dark & ugly.

22 minutes ago, Yope said:

It's occurred to me that this Draco (from Diagon Alley) is not accurate to the actual appearance in the films where Draco wears a jumper - this was mentioned on last year's forum as it was an odd inconsistency compared to the trio's Gryffindor torsos.  I think this has to be because they had the girl's bathroom set in mind, the torso is perfect for Crabbe and Goyle's robes

Now that would be good! 

Perhaps they could include three Gryffindor ones too so we could play out the whole scene... too much to ask perhaps :innocent:

hp247.png

33 minutes ago, karrit said:

I hope they don't change it to sand green which seems to be one of their must use colors these days in almost every set.

It's a good colour. A pity most of the other sand shades (red, purple) didn't last the course, those muted accent colours would absolutely have a place in the Harry Potter line.

3 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Now, if I don't get a D2C 250 Dobby's Sock...I'll just faint. 

Back to Lego - Dobby's Sock - Must have or ABSOLUTE HAVE

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Obviously ABSOLUTE HAVE

3 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

but yeah WHERE IS MY UCS DOBBYS SOCK LEGO

2 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Must have if it's a large-scale version of the 1x2 tile from the original Dobby's Release set, complete with grey rectangle.

Absolute have if the rectangle is the old grey.

Alternatively, I'd buy it if the sock is functional. That way I could have two and wear them out and about!

As the person who originally leaked the info that a UCS Dobby's sock set was planned (pretty sure that was me but that was a year ago and my memory isn't the best) I think I need to step in to remind everyone that the UCS Dobby's sock set isn't planned for release until at least 2022, and even then with how they're delaying other important sets I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't get released next year either. LEGO may even delay it until the very end of the HP line so they can keep us buying these sets for awhile. 

Really hate to lower everyone's expectations even more after the main august wave but the 2021 D2C will not be a UCS Dobby's Sock. 

Edited by MaxHeadroom

7 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Really hate to lower everyone's expectations even more after the main august wave but the 2021 D2C will not be a UCS Dobby's Sock. 

So it's the Troll Bogey Special Set this year?

19 minutes ago, MaxHeadroom said:

NOOOOOOOOO, CURSE YOU LEGOOOOO

Prelims generally use a random color for pieces that are going to be recolored unless it's already set-in-stone. Considering those tube pieces do not exist in olive green yet and they're in the catalogue like that I personally doubt they'll change it. 

3 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Well I sure don’t respect him for one reason since he tried to get me banned off Eurobricks. 

Well I guess the saying is correct after all, you do learn something new about yourself every day :shrug_oh_well:

51 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

It's a good colour. A pity most of the other sand shades (red, purple) didn't last the course, those muted accent colours would absolutely have a place in the Harry Potter line.

It's not a bad color, just over-used a bit much in my opinion like in the current Blacksmith.  It's the main reason I didn't buy the Old Fishing Store.  When I came to appreciate the build of that set it was already retired so I missed out.

8 minutes ago, karrit said:

It's not a bad color, just over-used a bit much in my opinion like in the current Blacksmith

I'd argue that sand green can't really be over-used in medieval or castle-related builds - such as the Blacksmith, or parts of Hogwarts Castle. It's the best colour in the Lego palette for representing oxidised copper, commonly seen on roofs and while the blacksmith isn't based on a specific building, there are certainly elements of copper in the roof of Hogwarts Castle. Depending on the picture you look at, the amount varies from little tiny bits on some turrets to the entirety of the roof.

It's also quite a pretty colour imo, so the more the merrier!

I agree that it is the best color to represent oxidized copper.  The use of it to represent the moss on the roof of the Blacksmith is a bit of a stretch though.  They would have been better off using a mix of olive & sand green to mimic new moss fading to old.

Now let's get this topic back on track.

We need more Dobby and a few of his sock collection too!

Just now, karrit said:

I agree that it is the best color to represent oxidized copper.  The use of it to represent the moss on the roof of the Blacksmith is a bit of a stretch though.  They would have been better off using a mix of olive & sand green to mimic new moss fading to old.

Now let's get this topic back on track.

We need more Dobby and a few of his sock collection too!

You know, we could also use some hats for Dobby as well...