Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Finally I've seen prelim images of june set. I've not a clear idea on what to think about yet.

I leave you something to pass time (and fill pages :wink:).

One thing I'm thinking about: where's Hagrid?

Ok, obviously it's not mandatory having Hagrid in every wave... oh, yeah, maybe it should be mandatory, shouldn't it? ...

So, in what august set would you like to have him (and won't have*)?

1) 250 very big brick Hagrid figure with very big brick Fang (and a very big brick umbrella) :iamded_lol:;
2) 120 Hogwarts Express remake with Hogsmeade station*;
3) 60 Hagrid's Hut remake*;
4) 30/40 Detention in  the Forbidden Forest*;
5) something else*;

I'd probably prefer the 4th. As an idea, I think this could have a nice potential. Realisation, obviuosly, can destroy the best ideas. 
Anyway, this won't happen... and we will have 250 Hagrid with Fang. :iamded_lol:

* Yeah, just wishful thinking. Keep low your expectations and you'll never be disappointed :tongue:

If they make a forbidden forest set with hagrid fang, firenze, unicorn, harry, draco and quirell with maybe a small tree for 30-40 amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Juve said:

forbidden forest set with hagrid fang, firenze, unicorn, harry, draco and quirell with maybe a small tree

Yes, I was thinking to something like this. Similar to 75967_Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter. Maybe with no Fang, keeping it for a hypothetical following Minifigures Series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Yes, I was thinking to something like this. Similar to 75967_Forbidden Forest: Umbridge's Encounter. Maybe with no Fang, keeping it for a hypothetical following Minifigures Series.

Maybe the pit where harry falls and the tree thats on the ground

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

Ok, obviously it's not mandatory having Hagrid in every wave... oh, yeah, maybe it should be mandatory, shouldn't it? ...

I swear I'm not trying to fill this thread up with hot take after hot take :pir-laugh: but does Hagrid really need to be in every wave? He's in the Great Hall, Diagon Alley and Hagrid's Hut sets, which are still available on Lego.com (I just went on and checked, in case one had been discontinued without my realising) as well as the just-discontinued Beauxbatons Carriage. On top of that, there's very little possibility in the way of variants - given the figures in the Clock Tower set, we're not likely to see Yule Ball Hagrid this year, and other than that he's pretty much the same throughout the series. Putting Hagrid in a set for the sake of it is just going to stick another of the same Hagrid on the market, and the Hagrid torso is already less versatile than a bog-standard minifigure torso because of its size. What would people do with a dozen identical Hagrids? :pir-sceptic:

Next year is a different argument. Presumably the Great Hall and Hagrid's Hut sets will be off the market by then, and kids just getting into Lego will need a way to get Hagrid without having the big D2C set. But for 2021 specifically I think Lego would be better putting in a different figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I swear I'm not trying to fill this thread up with hot take after hot take :pir-laugh: but does Hagrid really need to be in every wave? He's in the Great Hall, Diagon Alley and Hagrid's Hut sets, which are still available on Lego.com (I just went on and checked, in case one had been discontinued without my realising) as well as the just-discontinued Beauxbatons Carriage. On top of that, there's very little possibility in the way of variants - given the figures in the Clock Tower set, we're not likely to see Yule Ball Hagrid this year, and other than that he's pretty much the same throughout the series. Putting Hagrid in a set for the sake of it is just going to stick another of the same Hagrid on the market, and the Hagrid torso is already less versatile than a bog-standard minifigure torso because of its size. What would people do with a dozen identical Hagrids? :pir-sceptic:

I guess they view Hagrid as similar to Harry, Ron and Hermione where you just throw it in as an iconic character hence why they place him in a bunch of appropriate sets. Though, speaking of Hagrid variants, we haven't had a jacketless Hagrid variant yet soo one more new variant couldn't hurt... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I swear I'm not trying to fill this thread up with hot take after hot take :pir-laugh: but does Hagrid really need to be in every wave? He's in the Great Hall, Diagon Alley and Hagrid's Hut sets, which are still available on Lego.com (I just went on and checked, in case one had been discontinued without my realising) as well as the just-discontinued Beauxbatons Carriage. On top of that, there's very little possibility in the way of variants - given the figures in the Clock Tower set, we're not likely to see Yule Ball Hagrid this year, and other than that he's pretty much the same throughout the series. Putting Hagrid in a set for the sake of it is just going to stick another of the same Hagrid on the market, and the Hagrid torso is already less versatile than a bog-standard minifigure torso because of its size. What would people do with a dozen identical Hagrids? :pir-sceptic:

Not sure if it's a hot take but I agree nonetheless. I already have 4 of the normal Hagrids and 1 YB version so unless it's a new variant like his Care of Magical Creatures outfit I'm really not interested in more Hagrids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

I guess they view Hagrid as similar to Harry, Ron and Hermione where you just throw it in as an iconic character hence why they place him in a bunch of appropriate sets. Though, speaking of Hagrid variants, we haven't had a jacketless Hagrid variant yet soo one more new variant couldn't hurt... 

A new variant is one thing - and it's why it doesn't get boring having the main trio so often, since there are lots of outfits for them to cycle through. But the same outfit is a bit... eh. If the Great Hall Hagrid comes in one more set, a hypothetical collector who had exactly one of every set ever made (excluding like-for-like rereleases) would then have more of that specific Hagrid outfit than they would have original Phase II clones from Star Wars...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

A new variant is one thing - and it's why it doesn't get boring having the main trio so often, since there are lots of outfits for them to cycle through. But the same outfit is a bit... eh. If the Great Hall Hagrid comes in one more set, a hypothetical collector who had exactly one of every set ever made (excluding like-for-like rereleases) would then have more of that specific Hagrid outfit than they would have original Phase II clones from Star Wars...

Yeah, I'm still semi-bitter at lego for the lack of clone-related sets but that's another matter. I can imagine them leaving Hagrid out of a forbidden forest set and just running with a Voldemort/Quirrel, unicorn, Harry, Draco and the centaur bloke who I can't remember the name of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggle to believe that Lego won't release a small Harry Potter forest related set this year when they've had such fun discovering different ways to make trees for the last three years. Am I barking up the wrong tree? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ringwraith said:

I can imagine them leaving Hagrid out of a forbidden forest set and just running with a Voldemort/Quirrel, unicorn, Harry, Draco and the centaur bloke who I can't remember the name of

I'd go so far as to say I'd be surprised if they included Hagrid in such a set. He spends most of that scene off on a jolly with Ron and Hermione, so unless the whole trio are being included there's no reason for Hagrid. And if they're included, you'd have at least seven minifigures on a set which would have a really hard time finding an interesting build big enough to justify being priced like a seven-minifigure set. Because the build will not be the highlight of such a set. What would it be? A couple of trees, an out-cropping root for Harry to trip over?

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I struggle to believe that Lego won't release a small Harry Potter forest related set this year when they've had such fun discovering different ways to make trees for the last three years. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Careful what you do around wrong trees. Bertha Jorkins wasn't careful, and look what happened to her! :pir-tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

 Because the build will not be the highlight of such a set. What would it be? A couple of trees, an out-cropping root for Harry to trip over?

$250 UCS forbidden forest anyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think we can get a small 20 set with a tree berta jorkins and voldemort with wormtail. Maybe have her double side face in pain from the spell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Juve said:

Do you think we can get a small 20 set with a tree berta jorkins and voldemort with wormtail. Maybe have her double side face in pain from the spell

I suspect if Lego think Deathly Hallows is too dark for sets, they're unlikely to make a set where a character who isn't even shown in the films has her mind irrevocably ruined by a dark wizard. It would almost be like having a set of Bellatrix Lestrange torturing the Longbottoms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, this thread is so much fun to read. So many great ideas!  
Really appreciate that one of the members sent me the link to the pictures.  Thank you!

I started to look through my collection and found some parts of old sets. I think I will try to combine the old parts with new anniversary sets to make a bigger display. I found 2 pieces with stickers on them. If anyone can help to identify the set it came from, it will be very helpful. 

9FEF8F04-EC2A-43F5-AB5E-B2254D9C291C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nowhere008 said:

Hi, this thread is so much fun to read. So many great ideas!  
Really appreciate that one of the members sent me the link to the pictures.  Thank you!

I started to look through my collection and found some parts of old sets. I think I will try to combine the old parts with new anniversary sets to make a bigger display. I found 2 pieces with stickers on them. If anyone can help to identify the set it came from, it will be very helpful. 

9FEF8F04-EC2A-43F5-AB5E-B2254D9C291C.jpeg

They're from 4867 Hogwarts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nowhere008 said:

Hi, this thread is so much fun to read. So many great ideas!  
Really appreciate that one of the members sent me the link to the pictures.  Thank you!

I started to look through my collection and found some parts of old sets. I think I will try to combine the old parts with new anniversary sets to make a bigger display. I found 2 pieces with stickers on them. If anyone can help to identify the set it came from, it will be very helpful. 

They're from 4867 from 2011 :wink:

EDIT: ninja'd 

Edited by Guyon2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it took me the better part of 2 days to get myself caught up on the explosion of posts over the last few days... but I wanted to be mindful of the people who have such big opinions and feelings on this.... First off, thank you to Guyon and Falcon for sharing concrete knowledge about what is coming. Now, the only pics I saw were hardly enough to make full concrete opinions on... dark grainy thumbnail potato phone pics of 1 view of a set that are labeled "preliminary". Relax everyone. It is easy to find fault in things.  What do you like about them? When the list of sets with minifig list dropped, it was met with excitement. I would say the sets match the description pretty fairly. They are clearly a throwback to the older waves of HP with some modernized bricks/techniques. Also, it delivers a LOT of what everyone has been asking for based on last years version of this thread.  Why is everyone so upset?  I think it is because everyone has their own vision of exactly how Lego HP should look and what it should include (with no consideration of cost/price per brick/mould/print, how it fits with everything else, etc) and unless expectations are met perfectly, people lash out with negativity. I am just as guilty of this. I want 2 Gringotts sets - 1 that is the building facade and interior, 1 that is the vaults and rail carts with Harrys vault, Bellatrix vault and of course the vault with the Sorcerors Stone and a dragon that fits under the entire DA set and new Gringotts building.  This wont happen b/c it would cost a fortune and it assumes everyone would already own DA. I also want a HUGE ministry set with the Atrium and all the flu network entrances and a courtroom plus a prophecy room. Again, not likely. St Mungos would be a totally cool set with a mind erased Lockhart and maybe the Longbottoms too or a Leaky Cauldron or finally a nice and ecent sized courtyard for Hogwarts or a grand staircase or the long covered bridge BUT Lego is a building system ,so if I really want it, I can absolutely build it! It doesnt mean the June wave is bad, it just means Lego has a plan and that plan might not perfectly align with the awesome (but totally crazy) expectations of this forum.

Perhaps 2020 taught Lego that their own inventory and ordering platform (Sales and delivery) was more fragile than they thought and they are building sets that are going to sell well to kids and widespread audience but not be bought 12 at a time by people looking to turn a profit on ebay and BL? I dont do this but dont have a problem with it either but I could see Lego not liking this as it puts their product on back order and/or sold out so "new" customers cant have it.

Also, I remember the dark times between the Red Box HP legos and the relaunch in 2018.  We are getting so many great sets and figures that we should be elated that the theme is still going. There is no rule that you have to own each set (even if we all know that you need to own each set ;-) ) just enjoy the ride, appreciate the sets that get you excited, dont buy the ones you dont like and display/create the wizarding world the way you want it. Always build, never kraggle!

Edited by MischiefManaged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Alexandrina and  Gayon2002 for such a quick reply. Anyone have the idea how to incorporate new anniversary sets? Would you add it to 2018 sets? Switch roofs? Add green roof pieces to new sets and some grey pieces to the anniversary sets? Use anniversary  sets to elevate 2018-2020 sets? Add it to old sets? 
I really want new sets, mostly for the minifigures, however it’s not really clear what to do with the buildings. 

Edited by Nowhere008

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nowhere008 said:

Thank you Alexandrina and  Gayon2002 for such a quick reply. Anyone have the idea how to incorporate new anniversary sets? Would you add it to 2018 sets? Switch roofs? Add green roof pieces to new sets and some grey pieces to the anniversary sets? Use anniversary  sets to elevate 2018-2020 sets? Add it to old sets? 
I really want new sets, mostly for the minifigures, however it’s not really clear what to do with the buildings. 

A couple of posters have said that the Technic connections are compatible with the existing parts of Higwarts, which would make it easy to combine them. As for the roofs, it depends on what colour you think looks best. Until we can touch the sets and physically play around with them, it'll be all guesswork and hypothesis as to how to combine the two waves. Perhaps use the new stuff as interiors, hidden behind the facade of the existing modulars? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nowhere008 said:

Thank you Alexandrina and  Gayon2002 for such a quick reply. Anyone have the idea how to incorporate new anniversary sets? Would you add it to 2018 sets? Switch roofs? Add green roof pieces to new sets and some grey pieces to the anniversary sets? Use anniversary  sets to elevate 2018-2020 sets? Add it to old sets? 
I really want new sets, mostly for the minifigures, however it’s not really clear what to do with the buildings. 

I have that set. So I was thinking of maybe modifying all of them to fit with the current expansions. Not necessarily grey roofs maybe to have a combination of grey and green

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

A couple of posters have said that the Technic connections are compatible with the existing parts of Higwarts, which would make it easy to combine them. As for the roofs, it depends on what colour you think looks best. Until we can touch the sets and physically play around with them, it'll be all guesswork and hypothesis as to how to combine the two waves. Perhaps use the new stuff as interiors, hidden behind the facade of the existing modulars? 

Thats a great idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MischiefManaged said:

What do you like about them?

For me personally per set it's the following: 

Bathroom - pretty much only the figures, given that they're the normal jumpers and not the Hogwarts Moments ones. 
Fluffy - Fluffy himself is solid and the Hogwarts build is a fairly decent partspack. 
Hogsmeade - just fantastic all around. 
Hogwarts - amazing figure selection and a pretty great Basilisk. The build, like the Fluffy set, is a decent partspack.

28 minutes ago, MischiefManaged said:

Why is everyone so upset?

I think it's a mix of a lack of expected Deathly Hallows set and the quality of the builds (albeit preliminary) being lower than we're used to. The August wave being very disappointing as well (going off the limited info/warnings me and Falconfan have been able to share) certainly doesn't help the June wave either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I suspect if Lego think Deathly Hallows is too dark for sets, they're unlikely to make a set where a character who isn't even shown in the films has her mind irrevocably ruined by a dark wizard. It would almost be like having a set of Bellatrix Lestrange torturing the Longbottoms

I know, I miss a bit of the old legos when they had a lot of teams with fights and skeletons and weapons. I remember old pirate sets, and old hp they were much more action than now

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

For me personally per set it's the following: 

Bathroom - pretty much only the figures, given that they're the normal jumpers and not the Hogwarts Moments ones. 
Fluffy - Fluffy himself is solid and the Hogwarts build is a fairly decent partspack. 
Hogsmeade - just fantastic all around. 
Hogwarts - amazing figure selection and a pretty great Basilisk. The build, like the Fluffy set, is a decent partspack.

I think it's a mix of a lack of expected Deathly Hallows set and the quality of the builds (albeit preliminary) being lower than we're used to. The August wave being very disappointing as well (going off the limited info/warnings me and Falconfan have been able to share) certainly doesn't help the June wave either. 

For me personally I'm just upset that they didnt follow the style they had since the reboot. I definitely prefer CoS and the Corridor than DH sets to be honest. If they made them in the same style it would have been great. Dont know why people are so into DH if not just to round out the whole story. Having a CoS deffinitely beats getting a tent with the lake or a battle of Hogwarts or Lovegood House

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MischiefManaged said:

Also, I remember the dark times between the Red Box HP legos and the relaunch in 2018.  We are getting so many great sets and figures that we should be elated that the theme is still going. There is no rule that you have to own each set (even if we all know that you need to own each set ;-) ) just enjoy the ride, appreciate the sets that get you excited, dont buy the ones you dont like and display/create the wizarding world the way you want it. Always build, never kraggle!

I understand that you're just trying to be positive but I think collectors (and from what I've seen, kids) have a right to be disappointed in these sets. 
 

You said these sets matched their leaked descriptions and while that is true they don't match the mostly realistic expectations people have had about them. It's completely valid to expect the staircase tower to be vaguely circular, the same way it's valid to expect the wheels on a LEGO car to be circular. LEGO has had the ability to make circular towers for decades. Similarly it's valid for people to expect the trio included with the forbidden corridor to be wearing the clothes they wore in that scene. LEGO has almost always given us the appropriate variants of characters so there's no reason that should change here. 
 

There is no rule that people need to own everything but these are sets people have wanted for years. If LEGO released sets that were complete throwaways like the buildable hedwig or released sets that were completely irredeemable then I don't think people would mind whatever issues they have with the sets as much. Imagination and building whatever you want has its place in LEGO but the sets exist for a reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The August wave being very disappointing as well (going off the limited info/warnings me and Falconfan have been able to share) certainly doesn't help the June wave either. 

This is some very careful wording you've got going on. Makes me wonder if the assumptions people have made about the August wave based on your warnings/the June wave preliminaries are inaccurate after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an idea

Why dont thy start making cheap 20-30 hogwarts express carriages that can connect to the train. Since we only got one I think a lot of people would buy them if they come with different minifigs and maybe some changes to the design

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.