Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

One of two things will happen:

1) I will buy six copies of the book and the pack will be released.

2) I don’t buy it. It becomes hard to find. They never release the pack. 

Think I better do my civic duty on Amazon so.

That's my fear too.

2 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

I ordered the 6 on Amazon anyway so we can expect an announcement any day now!

Thank you for your service to the community. :pir-huzzah2:

4 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

My christmas "bonus" from work is an Amazon gift voucher lol, 6 more Cedric's are coming my way!

I feel that if they do release more Quidditch minifigs they might change the torso anyway so I'm just gonna go for a complete set of 28 based on the players from the Quidditch World Cup game! (One of the better HP Video Games if you ask me)

With the current wave being split between:

1. the old style builds for non Hogwarts buildings

2. the anniversary style stackable boxes 

3. the buildable items holding scenes like the books and chest

4. the large one off set

5. And the usual vehicle build

I'd love to hear what sets people people think we might get in those styles in 2022. Do we think the anniversary box design will continue this summer. Here's a few of my thoughts. 

1. Wedding tent, shell cottage, Shrieking shack. The tent would be great for outfits and some guests that were at the wedding and you wouldn't get them otherwise. Shell cottage could be a cute build that might sell it and the shack would be good to get Padfoot in. I wonder would they ever make the leaky cauldron as a seperate building with the magic wall. 

2. I can see them doing Umbridges office in the box style maybe as it would fit the style. Dumbledore office could be done in the box style as well. The common rooms have been stolen by the trunk so I doubt we will see them in the boxes. Maybe a troll set but thats another bathroom set again. 

3. We will have gotten most of the iconic classes in the book style and I'm not sure they will do all the different dark arts teachers class as they are all the same room.

4. Gringotts hopefully but maybe ministry. Or another train but I'm not keen on that. Would love a large great hall with courtyard. 

5. Drumstrang ship maybe. 

And I'd love to see series 3 of the Harry potter figures. Still plenty of characters we have not gotten yet. 

3 hours ago, Micmac said:

4. the large one off set

I'd love to hear what sets people people think we might get in those styles in 2022. Do we think the anniversary box design will continue this summer. Here's a few of my thoughts. 

1. Wedding tent, shell cottage, Shrieking shack. The tent would be great for outfits and some guests that were at the wedding and you wouldn't get them otherwise. Shell cottage could be a cute build that might sell it and the shack would be good to get Padfoot in. I wonder would they ever make the leaky cauldron as a seperate building with the magic wall. 

2. I can see them doing Umbridges office in the box style maybe as it would fit the style. Dumbledore office could be done in the box style as well. The common rooms have been stolen by the trunk so I doubt we will see them in the boxes. Maybe a troll set but thats another bathroom set again. 

3. We will have gotten most of the iconic classes in the book style and I'm not sure they will do all the different dark arts teachers class as they are all the same room.

4. Gringotts hopefully but maybe ministry. Or another train but I'm not keen on that. Would love a large great hall with courtyard. 

5. Drumstrang ship maybe. 

And I'd love to see series 3 of the Harry potter figures. Still plenty of characters we have not gotten yet. 

Re classes, the only two that remain that could be different would be Muggle Studies and Care of Magical Creatures. Given the teacher of the former is murdered at the beginning of DH1 and the class forms a minimal part of the books, I doubt there'd be much there. If they were ever to invest in DH2, it could be interesting to see the Carrow twins receiving books - DADA and MS - but again since they tortured students/spread essentially racist anti-muggle sentiment, I doubt there'd be much chance of that happening. 

I agree re Umbridge's office. The Troll attack would be a classic. It does feel like we've reached a point where 95% of rooms have been covered since the re-launch, but obviously this soft reboot gives some opportunity. If the next series is POA/GoF focused, there's not loads that comes to mind: Remus's classroom (boggart cupboard would be great), prefect's bathroom, Griffindor Common room with Fat Lady portrait (YES PLEASE!)? If the focus does shift to films 3 and 4, then actually we might see a move away from the castle: Shrieking Shack, Task 2, Task 3, etc. I guess we should also expect Hagrid's Hut to be remade in the coming year or two also. 

4 hours ago, Micmac said:

I can't see a Series 3 happening anytime soon. It looks like they'll be trying to drag this theme out as long as possible so from LEGO's pov it'd be smart to save any remaining characters and variants to include as big sellingpoints in future sets, like how Pomfrey is really the only interesting thing in an otherwise easily skippable set (still a skip for me but I'll be BL'ing the fig).

23 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

That's usually how it happens. :laugh_hard:

24 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I can't see a Series 3 happening anytime soon. It looks like they'll be trying to drag this theme out as long as possible so from LEGO's pov it'd be smart to save any remaining characters and variants to include as big sellingpoints in future sets, like how Pomfrey is really the only interesting thing in an otherwise easily skippable set (still a skip for me but I'll be BL'ing the fig).

I hope if they do do a Series 3, they really aim for some of the obscure characters (Bill, Rita, Narcissa, Kreacher) that we're not going to get unless they change their plans for the forthcoming waves.

Personally I'm checking out of the entire sets too this year - going to be a BL heavy 2022 for me too. My love is with the minifigs and new prints etc. So I may pick up the Divination and DADA books for the stickers, but the other sets will be a BrickLink for me. The only thing that could bring me back around is a Gryffindor Common Room that's more in the style of the sitcom sets, or a return to the older style with focus on OoTP+

Edited by drewdotexe

19 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

I hope if they do do a Series 3, they really aim for some of the obscure characters (Bill, Rita, Narcissa, Kreacher) that we're not going to get unless they change their plans for the forthcoming waves.

Personally I'm checking out of the entire sets too this year - going to be a BL heavy 2022 for me too. My love is with the minifigs and new prints etc. So I may pick up the Divination and DADA books for the stickers, but the other sets will be a BrickLink for me. The only thing that could bring me back around is a Gryffindor Common Room that's more in the style of the sitcom sets, or a return to the older style with focus on OoTP+

Common Room in the style of the sitcom sets would be cool. But I doubt that that will happen nor the return to the older style. I think this modular block style is staying.

1 minute ago, Salix said:

Common Room in the style of the sitcom sets would be cool. But I doubt that that will happen nor the return to the older style. I think this modular block style is staying.

Yeah I know, just theoretical wishful thinking sadly. I have no doubt we're stuck with what we have for now lol.

3 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

Re classes, the only two that remain that could be different would be Muggle Studies and Care of Magical Creatures.

And Quirrel's one, with the big pot :laugh:

4 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

Re classes, the only two that remain that could be different would be Muggle Studies and Care of Magical Creatures. Given the teacher of the former is murdered at the beginning of DH1 and the class forms a minimal part of the books, I doubt there'd be much there.

Was Muggle Studies ever shown on screen? I don't remember. If not then I don't think it has a high chance of being made into a set. There was a Care of Magical Care set back in the day, so it could be remade.

9 hours ago, Micmac said:

4. the large one off set

I'm betting no more anniversary boxes and that they'll focus mostly on PoA and GoF this summer. 

1) Shrieking Shack was missing from the 2018+ series, and it would expand on the Hogsmeade set up. We need a Snape because there was none in the 2021 summer sets (besides the golden one anyway), and fan favourites Lupin (we still haven't had a Werewolf!Lupin since the reboot) and Black are obvious choices with Scabbers / Pettigrew and the trio. Depending on the scale, it could include some of the earth mound that goes at the base of Whomping Willow or the WW itself. It would be about the size of the current Hogsmeade set with seven minifigs.

Second Task.  

Hagrid and Buckbeak. Maybe the CMC class this time instead of the hut again?

Quidditch... Either we get a set with the Weasley twins (and Lee is a CMF) or Harry meets the Dementors or they wait until Weasley is our King in HBP. I think they'll hold off till next year and release the long dreamt of Quidditch Pack. 

2) Modular boxes... One with a sloped roof to do Lupin's DADA with Boggart Cupboard (with Neville's and Boggart!Snape; coupled with the SS Snape, we could do the scene and have more reason to get both sets) and skeleton hanging from the ceiling.

Another box and a half for the Gryffindor common room and Fat Lady entrance with a shredded portrait option.  

The Hufflepuff basement seems likelier here than elsewhere between the Cedric focus in GoF and Newt being a 'Puff. Minifigs Ernie and Hannah and "Potter Stinks" badges. Plus we need some height. (I don't think the suitcase will matter.)

They could put it all together in "Bell Towers" we'd complain about and yet still purchase.  :laugh:

If they were ever going to squeeze a library in, maybe here with Pince, Hermione and Krum?  

3) I got nothing as I wouldn't have guessed the things they've done as is. Dobby's sock? It's as likely as anything else I'd come up with.

4) Durmstrang ship on the other hand seems likely. (I'll BL the minifigs.)

5) The last Hogwarts Express was PoA, so I think it might get put off until fifth or sixth year, either with the Hogsmeade Station (to expand our Hogsmeades) & thestral carriage or the Draco punching Harry scene.

But they can't seem to do without the Knight Bus, so a version with Padfoot and Aunt Marge and her dog might get people to buy it despite owning the last version. They don't have anywhere else sensible to put it in the series, so this summer seems likely, and a Padfoot fig lets us complete the SS scene and would tie back in to the Fat Lady's portrait.

And we haven't seen the Weasleys' Ford Anglia lately, another staple, so I'm thinking a call back to second year and a beat up version that rescues the boys from the spiders? It would let us flesh out our Forbidden Forests and give us more creatures. We really need a tree in here somewhere...

27 minutes ago, Salix said:

Was Muggle Studies ever shown on screen? I don't remember. If not then I don't think it has a high chance of being made into a set. There was a Care of Magical Care set back in the day, so it could be remade.

No, we only see Burbage's death in DH 1 no MS itself. 

Edited by krimimimi

3 hours ago, Salix said:

It's not shown but it wouldn't take too much: I believe older games just had muggle objects in glass cabinets (rubber ducks, anyone?!) etc etc. But in the wider scheme, I'd be very surprised if it comes out... 

11 hours ago, Micmac said:

1. Wedding tent, shell cottage, Shrieking shack. The tent would be great for outfits and some guests that were at the wedding and you wouldn't get them otherwise.

A set of Bill and Fleur's wedding is something I've wanted for a little while.

Especially as it means we could get Bill Weasley, Xenophilius Lovegood and Elphias Doge, all characters I don't think we've ever had.

On 12/15/2021 at 3:46 AM, Ravenclaw62442 said:

One of two things will happen:

1) I will buy six copies of the book and the pack will be released.

2) I don’t buy it. It becomes hard to find. They never release the pack. 

Think I better do my civic duty on Amazon so.

I ended up just going for 7 copies of the book. Thankfully Target here had a buy 2, get 1 free on books, so I was able to stock up that way to save a little money. But either way, Amazon prices were decent for the most part on multiples (as in cheaper from Amazon for the whole book compared to the figure plus shipping on Bricklink). Now I have 7 copies of a book I don't care about. Oh well.

Wow, just wow. That clock tower is absolutely abysmal. If there was an already produced building that would translate perfectly to the new style it was that and they somehow still messed it up. It doesn't even have the basic silhouette. They could've just released the top two floors of the 2019 model but slightly thicker with 2021 style open sides. I'm glad we're finally getting some hinges which this line has been severely lacking, they're in the middle of a flat rectangular building though because of course they are. The flat sides of a modular buildings would make better display pieces than this thing. 

If we're supposed to forgive these awful exteriors because of the interiors then why aren't those they being shown in catalogues and the front of the boxes? Of the four main sets only one had interiors better than the 2018-20 line (bathrooms) one was on par (chamber of secrets) and the others were arguably worse. 

That's all I have for now (I hate just coming in to be negative but there's not much to be positive about, a Pomfrey figure that should've been a $5 CMF being turned into a $50 set?). I hope everyone has a nice ending to the year, may your Dobby's socks be warm. See everyone when the summer list leaks, hopefully we'll get at least one solid set like we did this year with Hogsmeade. 

On 12/17/2021 at 1:44 PM, Salix said:

On 12/17/2021 at 4:52 PM, The Real Walkers said:

It's not shown but it wouldn't take too much: I believe older games just had muggle objects in glass cabinets (rubber ducks, anyone?!) etc etc. But in the wider scheme, I'd be very surprised if it comes out... 

@ Salix: No, It was only mentioned in book 3 when Hermione choose to took all studies she could have.

@ The Real Walkers: For decades, wizards scientists studied the secrets of the rubber ducky, but they still didn't found it's true meaning.

14 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Wow, just wow. That clock tower is absolutely abysmal. If there was an already produced building that would translate perfectly to the new style it was that and they somehow still messed it up. It doesn't even have the basic silhouette. They could've just released the top two floors of the 2019 model but slightly thicker with 2021 style open sides. I'm glad we're finally getting some hinges which this line has been severely lacking, they're in the middle of a flat rectangular building though because of course they are. The flat sides of a modular buildings would make better display pieces than this thing. 

If we're supposed to forgive these awful exteriors because of the interiors then why aren't those they being shown in catalogues and the front of the boxes? Of the four main sets only one had interiors better than the 2018-20 line (bathrooms) one was on par (chamber of secrets) and the others were arguably worse. 

That's all I have for now (I hate just coming in to be negative but there's not much to be positive about, a Pomfrey figure that should've been a $5 CMF being turned into a $50 set?). I hope everyone has a nice ending to the year, may your Dobby's socks be warm. See everyone when the summer list leaks, hopefully we'll get at least one solid set like we did this year with Hogsmeade. 

I 100% agree with what you said about the new Clock Tower. If I treat it as generic Hogwarts set then I somehow like it but as a representation of the Clock Tower it is terrible and it looks nothing like it, not even basic shape of it. Only interiors I found better in 2021 sets than in 2018+ sets were Polyjuice Potion mistake set and Lockharts classroom and cabinet from CoS set. I already built the Hospital Wing set based on leaked photos and I used it as generic parts of the castle.

xJAj3fF.jpg

mPOrvhG.jpg

On 12/16/2021 at 10:23 AM, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Hallo @ all

I haven't been here for a long time now.

So sorry about my question.

What books are you talking about?

We’re getting a Percy minifig in a book next year, new face print and all :wub: The Nakia/young Lando hairpiece also appears to be new in dark orange, excellent choice for him IMO :thumbup: Not sure whether the torso is also new

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We’re getting a Percy minifig in a book next year, new face print and all :wub: The Nakia/young Lando hairpiece also appears to be new in dark orange, excellent choice for him IMO :thumbup: Not sure whether the torso is also new

Yes, the torso is new. Really surprised by this minifigure considering they don't usually do exclusives for such book. Only for DK ones