Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Is it me, or does the 'clocktower' set look like it slightly curves in? I wonder how it'd look on top of the First Flying Lesson set, although the grander style of the top won't really match. Playing around and getting it all to fit might be interesting. 

I really like the Divination set. The Moments are a surprisingly good series of sets imo and Divination is distinct enough (the drapes, etc) for the aesthetic here to work; DADA, however, is just another classroom. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Walkers said:

Is it me, or does the 'clocktower' set look like it slightly curves in? I wonder how it'd look on top of the First Flying Lesson set, although the grander style of the top won't really match. Playing around and getting it all to fit might be interesting. 

It has hinges on the two outer sections which mean they can fold back outwards towards the clock. It looks like the photo shows the hinges slightly open creating a curve effect.

The trouble with the flying lesson set is that the middle door section is 10 studs wide and not the 8 studs of all these other modular sections, so it, wouldn't fit straight on top.

9 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It has hinges on the two outer sections which mean they can fold back outwards towards the clock. It looks like the photo shows the hinges slightly open creating a curve effect.

The trouble with the flying lesson set is that the middle door section is 10 studs wide and not the 8 studs of all these other modular sections, so it, wouldn't fit straight on top.

Oh that's a good point - I've not looked at Flying Lesson closely enough clearly! What a bugger... 

28 minutes ago, The Real Walkers said:

Oh that's a good point - I've not looked at Flying Lesson closely enough clearly! What a bugger... 

It's very annoying as like you I'd like to stack sections to save on display space. I have it with the 2018 - 20 castle sets instead. It almost seems like a 'connector' set in some ways though to bridge between the 'old' castle sets and the new modules.

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It's very annoying as like you I'd like to stack sections to save on display space. I have it with the 2018 - 20 castle sets instead. It almost seems like a 'connector' set in some ways though to bridge between the 'old' castle sets and the new modules.

It might be nice to have Polyjuice Potion jumping into the CoS below so it's quite a tower, but that'll mean there's a 1/3 of the space left to fill... as someone said above, I reckon they'll bring something else out to go below this set. Otherwise, I actually quite like it and enjoy its different look!! 

I still have a hard time believing they would actually skip SoD entirely, no matter how poorly the previous two sets sold :shrug_oh_well: Correct me if I‘m wrong, but they‘ve never before ignored a new instalment of a franchise they still actively had the license for.

And as others have pointed out, WB certainly has a say in this too. Wouldn‘t something like that be part of their contract? Even if it isn‘t, I can‘t imagine WB being happy with a major licensing partner refusing to promote their film :tongue:

I guess @THELEGOBATMAN is right and WB’s schedule shift was too short-notice for TLG to adapt theirs, meaning a 2HY release is still on the table :classic: Or they put out a couple of Brickheadz and call it a day :tongue:

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I still have a hard time believing they would actually skip SoD entirely, no matter how poorly the previous two sets sold :shrug_oh_well: Correct me if I‘m wrong, but they‘ve never before ignored a new instalment of a franchise they still actively had the license for.

And as others have pointed out, WB certainly has a say in this too. Wouldn‘t something like that be part of their contract? Even if it isn‘t, I can‘t imagine WB being happy with a major licensing partner refusing to promote their film :tongue:

I guess @THELEGOBATMAN is right and WB’s schedule shift was too short-notice for TLG to adapt theirs, meaning a 2HY release is still on the table :classic: Or they put out a couple of Brickheadz and call it a day :tongue:

They made an entire line from that Trolls movie...so I'd be shocked if there isn't at least ONE set, especially given there's no young Dumbledore minifigure yet. 

I mean they literally could make a Hogwarts expansion with SoD minifigures, it's that easy...

Obviously a different set with a fresh scenery would be better, but I'd prefer getting a Hogwarts expansion with Newt, Dumbledore, Jacob and whoever else they'd make than getting no sets at all.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Obviously a different set with a fresh scenery would be better, but I'd prefer getting a Hogwarts expansion with Newt, Dumbledore, Jacob and whoever else they'd make than getting no sets at all.

As much as I hate the new system I'd take this. We just really need more FB sets.

23 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

As much as I hate the new system I'd take this. We just really need more FB sets.

Fr, like they've made 2 sets over 3 years and called it a day.

Even if FB is nearly not as popular as HP, they can easily make attractive sets for this.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Fr, like they've made 2 sets over 3 years and called it a day.

Even if FB is nearly not as popular as HP, they can easily make attractive sets for this.

Exactly. The HP sets sell so well, they can surely release a „risky“ FB set or two :laugh: Even if us in this thead were the only people on Earth who bought that Grindelwald set, how costly would that truly have been to them in the big picture? Surely not enough to never touch anything FB-related ever again :tongue:

32 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you are talking about that “new system” stuff? 

The system of modular Hogwarts sets launched in 2021, as opposed to the style LEGO ran from 2018-2020.

8 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The system of modular Hogwarts sets launched in 2021, as opposed to the style LEGO ran from 2018-2020.

Ah! Now it makes sense, thanks!

Was there any talk of a quidditch accessory pack with players from each house?

I have Cedric but I’m wondering if I should buy another 6 copies of the book or hold out for a potential pack? Frustrating that I can’t get Ravenclaw robes!

23 minutes ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

Was there any talk of a quidditch accessory pack with players from each house?

I have Cedric but I’m wondering if I should buy another 6 copies of the book or hold out for a potential pack? Frustrating that I can’t get Ravenclaw robes!

Not any real talks, more like hope that that would come. I hoped it would come this year, but we got that Diagon Alley accessory pack instead. Perhaps next year, but nothing known yet.

3 minutes ago, Salix said:

Not any real talks, more like hope that that would come. I hoped it would come this year, but we got that Diagon Alley accessory pack instead. Perhaps next year, but nothing known yet.

One of two things will happen:

1) I will buy six copies of the book and the pack will be released.

2) I don’t buy it. It becomes hard to find. They never release the pack. 

Think I better do my civic duty on Amazon so.

I actually really like the hospital set, it’s more detailed and attractIve than I expected based on the rumours.

Even if she uses an existing skirt and face print Pomfrey looks excellent and that new mould for her hair/hat looks perfect!

No sign of the white Skele-grow bottle but I am pleased to see so many other details they didn’t need to do: new prints on all three of the trio, a bandaged leg, Hermione has a bandage on her hand, new printed tile for the time-turner. I also approve of the white window lattice recolour, it gives the building a different feel to the rest of the castle.

As a fan of the first Clock Tower I have no problem with how this looks, I’m happy it’s not a replacement and I’ll use the parts same as the CoS set to grow the 2018 castle I have going

I hope this set sells well as if it does it could lead to more similar focused castle sections such as a Year 1 ‘Library’ set with Madam Pince

Edit: 

Looking at clearer pictures on IG it looks to me like the green object on the white table is a recolour of the hourglass 

Edited by Bugbot20082

Try again :) 

Look  at the white little table near Madam Pomfrey. It seems to me that dark purple bottle has snake head on it's top. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Looking at clearer pictures on IG it looks to me like the green object on the white table is a recolour of the hourglass 

That's a 1x1 cone.

36 minutes ago, Len said:

Look  at the white little table near Madam Pomfrey. It seems to me that dark purple bottle has snake head on it's top. What do you think?

Looks like the heart piece to me.

18 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This is my guess as well :/ new bottle or just a top would be nice :hmpf:

6 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Thank you very much!

8 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's a 1x1 cone.

Yes I think you are right actually

Disappointingly now it looks like the time turner is actually nothing more than a gold stud with the chrome gold One Ring connected on top :/ 

Edited by Bugbot20082

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Yes I think you are right actually

Disappointingly now it looks like the time turner is actually nothing more than a gold stud with the chrome gold One Ring connected on top :/ 

It looks like a gold stud with a printed clear 1x1 on top to me.