Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I honestly don't know what LEGO thought when making that set...

It includes a badly executed version of Grindelwald (it's really inaccurate), and a minor supporting character, plus a rather uninteresting build with a great animal mould.

And next to it you have great 2018 Harry Potter sets. No wonder people didn't buy it.

That doesn't mean FB sets don't sell - you just have to make a set that will look attractive next to HP sets.

Huh? It was a very good set. Who cares if it’s a supporting character...it was a great minifig. The build want bad either. Especially for $20. 

1 hour ago, BrickFunatic said:

Um I've looked at the DADA pictures for ages now and can't see a Moody microfig... 

He’s in the lower right corner in the trunk, the kid is tilted up & he’s peeking out. 

13 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Huh? It was a very good set. Who cares if it’s a supporting character...it was a great minifig. The build want bad either. Especially for $20. 

Who cares are all the people that didn't buy the set, leading it to wallow in clearance everywhere for ages. One so-so minifigure of an important character, one good minifigure of an unimportant character, plus a nice but ultimately unimportant carriage, all from a film that didn't connect with a large part of its audience: a recipe for a set that doesn't interest enough people.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Who cares are all the people that didn't buy the set, leading it to wallow in clearance everywhere for ages. One so-so minifigure of an important character, one good minifigure of an unimportant character, plus a nice but ultimately unimportant carriage, all from a film that didn't connect with a large part of its audience: a recipe for a set that doesn't interest enough people.

By that I meant getting more characters(and new to boot) is great, supporting or not. I didn’t see this set warming shelves except at a small local store that marks prices up a few bucks. 

They really took that squeeze-the-maximum route :sad: These are all very very well made, but the novelty in new characters/variants/buildings is so subtle it feels like getting more & more of the same. Who would have thought that 3 years later we would be getting the trio from Hagrid’s hut with slight updates :look:

At this point it is very tiresome to read “Where’s deathly hallows and the missing gaps”, but I think they could’ve made these sets a bit more interesting somehow. Gotta say I’m not a fan of the book layouts or the new trunk. Oh well, there is still hope for summer and winter *cries in an effort to enjoy the now

Edited by Otherworld

The suitcase set did not warm any shelf's and that was made from the well received first movie after its release.
The carriage set was made from very little info from a second not so popular movie. Would the same set made in HP with Harry and Luna sold better, probably at the time. However 20 years ago the HP sets did not sell at all one year and look where we are today :wink: So I would not give up on the FB sub-theme yet, if the next movie is a success it would be stupid of Lego not to have made a few sets at least..

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m pretty sure these sets sold not well at all. From what I have seen these sets warmed in stores and were constantly on clearance. Especially the one set. I don’t think it sold well in general not just compared to hp sets

Well in my country they sold pretty good. Every time I wanted to buy Newt's suitcase I couldn't because it's been sold out 

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

That's just your opinion. 

The set wasn't attractive from kids' perspectives, and they are the ones these sets are targeted to.

Since we are getting a new clock tower with Hermione and the time turner, as well as the divination classroom around Trelawney and a book about the Grimm, I guess it is save to assume that the some of the summer sets will be around the 3rd book PoA too.

So high chances for a new Shrieking Shack. Maybe we will also get a small set like a classroom with the Boggart cabinet? Most likely in the new 2021 sytle and size like this years girls bathroom.

Whatelse are we missing from the 3rd movie what we haven't had yet? 

In terms of remakes, we already had the Knight Bus in 2019, Hagrids hut with Buckbeak, and the Hogwarts Express. Whoping willow was in 2018. So most likely also remakes of a few of them?

Look  at the white little table near Madam Pomfrey, please. It seems to me that dark purple bottle has snake head on it's top. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Axxe90 said:

I guess it is save to assume that the some of the summer sets will be around the 3rd book PoA too

Assuming LEGO is following more or less the same pattern of 2018-20 wave, the next year I'll expect sets to be around the PoA and GoF movie.

And supponing LEGO will continue the 2021 wave strategy, it will be logical to assume a soft reboot of the theme.

I admit It's a long time since I've seen the PoA movie the last time, so it's possible I'm not so precise.

If LEGO will continue with the Hogwarts Moment sets, I think Lupin's Class will be an almost certain choice (what other Class we miss? Quirrel's, Hagrid's, Umbridge's, Slughorn's... I don't remember other). So I would exclude Lupin' Class as a summer set.

But Lupin could appear in a Shrieking Shack set. The 2004 Shrieking Shack set contain also a little Honeydukes, but LEGO has put it in the Hogsmeade Village Visit set. Could a new Shrieking Shack set contain a Whomping Willow remake? Not impossible, in my opinion.

Than we have Quidditch match as an other possible remake, with Harry, Cedric and Dementors. Not an amazing set, I know.

The last scene I remember in the movie is Sirus's Escape. And LEGO has already done this set in 2004. So this is a third possible set.

Edited by BrickMatit

I really like everything we've gotten that's Lego Fantastic Beasts themed.

The cmf figs were great, the suitcase was a really fun build. Even the dimensions storypack set is nice (I have it despite not having the game itself).

I hope we get at least one Secrets of Dumbledore set.

Or even another Crimes of Grindelwald set, personally I'd love a Zouwu build (the giant catlike creature) maybe with part of the Circus Arcanus.

6 minutes ago, Spinozartre said:

Edited by (Insert Name Here)

19 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Regarding the HP sets, is it a spider or a new mould?

I am leaning towards the normal spider now that I see a better picture :shrug_oh_well:

54 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

Assuming LEGO is following more or less the same pattern of 2018-20 wave, the next year I'll expect sets to be around the PoA and GoF movie.

They aren't following the same patterns.

The Timeturner looks like a pearl gold stud with a gold ring (LotR-type) on top. Might need to wait for official pictures to get a good look at it.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They aren't following the same patterns

I don't follow news assiduously, is there any idea on what to expect the next year (apart from March sets)?

14 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

I don't follow news assiduously, is there any idea on what to expect the next year (apart from March sets)?

Nope. Not yet.

I wish I'd have seen Grindelwald's Escape on sale. I wanted to get more of them. I only ever say them go up in price because they were discontinued early.

11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

He’s in the lower right corner in the trunk, the kid is tilted up & he’s peeking out. 

I can't work out what this is. IDK how people can tell that's a microfig.

So in the end I had time to look at the catalogue images about March sets. I'll wait clearer images to judge the sets, but there's a thing I can say:

Madam Pomfrey, finally! :wub:

It's on my please-LEGO-do-it list since the beginning (well, on the list of a lot of us, I suppose). And saying beginning I mean 2001.

When I was a kid I had very less LEGO sets and minifigures and very less opportunity to buy or receive sets, single minifigures, single parts. So my Harry Potter characters team was made by a lot of generic and somehow strange minifigures, with surprising use of parts, and a lot of fantasy. As for Madam Pomfrey she was simply the Chess Queen from 4704_The Chambered of the Winged Keys :iamded_lol: Oh, well, I and my little brother and sister had fun anyway :snicker:.

38 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope. Not yet.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

53 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope. Not yet.

What do you mean? We all know that we can expect frustration, surprise, outrage, shock, coming around to the idea, love, joy, and asking about 2023. There may be some LEGO sets thrown in there too, but they're very much secondary. :wink:

Despite the fact the old lid is more accurate to the prop, Moody's chest in the DADA set comes with the new flat lid. 

3 hours ago, Spinozartre said:

I don't know what to think aboute 76398...

If you dont think of it as the Clock Tower from movie it is actually decent set, it has 4 new minifigures and the design for 1st floor is interesting. On the other hand 2019 Clock Tower is really superior to this poor version :D

From this pic I think they might be continuing to use the old Hermione face and not the CMF series 2 upgrade which is a real shame - I know it's an easy fix as with Harry's hair in the Divination moments set but I normally really appreciate the consistency between sets.https://www.hothbricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/lego-harry-potter-76398-mars-2022.jpg

Edited by Yope